Page 69 of 222 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 5529

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

I really don't get a lot of the name changes.

Especially Gimle, seeing as his name was taken from norse mythology, if I'm not mistaken.

Gimle is the peaceful place the dead go after the end of the world. More beautiful than the sun or something.
    Not very fitting, TBH. At all. :E
    It's hilarious.

Grima means horror or something.
    Last edited by lindsy95; 18th January 2013 at 2:08 AM.

It could be considered somewhat appropriate in that ending the world is essentially the only thing he cares about doing.

I tried out the demo, it's nice! I was expecting that it would end with the Prologue, but I like how they ended after Chapter 1.
    "There are bad ways to win - and good ways to lose. What's interesting is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

I would love to play the demo!

Sadly, I can't access wifi with my 3DS here.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It could be considered somewhat appropriate in that ending the world is essentially the only thing he cares about doing.
    No, Gimle has nothing to do with actually ending the world, it's the nice place people go after the end of the world.

It's like naming a villain heaven and having them be a world ending demon.

I was actually very interested with the demo.

Am I the only one that had a ton of fun with the first person option? XD

Well, Troy Baker and Melissa Fahn return to voice two main characters with relations to each other.

Kind of weird to see that again. These two also ended up voicing the two main characters in Unchained Blades.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Ness - Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    No, Gimle has nothing to do with actually ending the world, it's the nice place people go after the end of the world.

It's like naming a villain heaven and having them be a world ending demon.

I was actually very interested with the demo.

Am I the only one that had a ton of fun with the first person option? XD
    First person option? I never noticed that. XD My brother had fun rotating the circle pad erratically in battle sequences, if that's any bit close. XD
    I did play it again though on Hard Mode, and I'm almost tempted to jump in on Hard when the game comes out. I think I'll hold back for now though, since I want to get a feel of the game more before challenging myself. Lunatic though? Those enemies sure live up to the difficulty. Elwind and Elthunder on the Prologue? No thanks...
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

About how many blocks would a Fire Emblem DLC chapter take up? Are we talking about 100 or what?

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

No clue. The main game takes up over 1GB, if you're wondering about that, though.

I played Radiant Dawn a little bit, I thought that I might transfer my PoR data on my second playthrough of Radiant Dawn, since there are extras that I care about in that second playthrough of RD. Also, I wanted to give myself motivation to do a second playthrough of Radiant Dawn.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!

So, I've never touched a fire emblem game in my life. Yesterday I tried out the demo for Awakening and enjoyed it a lot and I'm probably going to pick it up. But do I need to have certain knowledge of the characters or world before I play it?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by diakyu View Post
    So, I've never touched a fire emblem game in my life. Yesterday I tried out the demo for Awakening and enjoyed it a lot and I'm probably going to pick it up. But do I need to have certain knowledge of the characters or world before I play it?
    I would imagine not. This game isn't a sequel to any other game in the series, and with the exception of a few, the characters have little/no connection with any characters from other games. If you want, you can get a brief background of Shadow Dragon and its sequel (Marth stars in these), since the game takes place in the same world as it, but ages after Marth's adventures, if I recall correctly. However, the 120 SpotPass characters and DLC characters all come from older games in the series, so if you want some knowledge about them, try here. They have no connection to the plot, though, so that would be for your personal interest.

Don't worry, though. You shouldn't need knowledge of any other game in the series to understand this one. I would consider becoming a little familiar with game mechanics, but it's not too difficult to understand most of it.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 21st January 2013 at 2:53 AM.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Don't worry, though. You shouldn't need knowledge of any other game in the series to understand this one. I would consider becoming a little familiar with game mechanics, but it's not too difficult to understand most of it.
    Thanks. Maybe after I finish Awakening I'll pick up some of the past titles.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

The only games that are really related to Awakening even slightly plot-wise are FE3/FE6 and PoR/RD. The other games are only tangentially related, and the listed one's relations is touched up on in Awakening and introduced in a way that covers the basics.

For example, in Marth's games, you are told about a hero named Anri, who Marth descended from who used the Falchion thousands of years in the past and fought the same villain that Marth does. Marth is told what happened to Anri during his journey, and are told of the relevance of certain items that you need to collect. In Awakening, you and Chrom learn that there was once a legendary Hero King named Marth, who Chrom is a descendant of, who wielded the Falchion, and Chrom is told what happened to Marth on his Journey, and is told the relevance of certain items that he needs to collect, except for the story only ever really mentions Marth and not Anri.

The only thing that really isn't covered in Awakening is pretty much just extra points if you want to know why most of the dragons are jerks, and that was actually referred to (but not explained) in FE3. and why it happened wasn't actually explained until FE6 anyway.

Can anyone give an estimate about the time it takes to complete Fire Emblem Awakening? When it comes out in April in Australia, I'm planning to get it but I want to know if it's worth playing for a few months so it can keep me busy until at least June-July.

Are there any noticeable dialogue or gameplay changes in Radiant Dawn if Ike did not beat the Black Knight in PoR as opposed to him actually beating him?

If not, is one scenario favored over the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    Can anyone give an estimate about the time it takes to complete Fire Emblem Awakening? When it comes out in April in Australia, I'm planning to get it but I want to know if it's worth playing for a few months so it can keep me busy until at least June-July.
    Don't think anyone is actually going to know considering it isn't even out in the US yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Are there any noticeable dialogue or gameplay changes in Radiant Dawn if Ike did not beat the Black Knight in PoR as opposed to him actually beating him?

If not, is one scenario favored over the other?
    Regardless of whether you beat him in PoR, RD treats it as if you did. Same way with any characters dying, the game acts as if they were kept alive.

So no, there are no dialogue changes.

Looks like Gamestop ran out of preorders for Awakening.

lol

Preordered like back in November :E

Looks like Gamestop ran out of preorders for Awakening.

lol

Preordered like back in November :E
    Good thing I got my pre-order in last weekend.

Probably has to do with the artbook.

English Class names, most are unchanged though.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

They usually remove the bonus from the page, instead of making the orders unavailable, though. Or, that's what I thought.

-shrug-

They've started doing this because Nintendo is giving them a preorder quota now, once they fill that they're supposed to stop completely.

They usually remove the bonus from the page, instead of making the orders unavailable, though. Or, that's what I thought.

-shrug-
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    They've started doing this because Nintendo is giving them a preorder quota now, once they fill that they're supposed to stop completely.
    Huh. It looks like the 3DS bundle is still there.

Hopefully that stays until Saturday so I can get the dosh for it.

EDIT: If you want the 3DS Bundle, order it off their website NOW. They're supposed to stop taking preorders tomorrow, but your credit card doesn't actually get billed until the item ships. That way if you don't have enough money, you can put your credit card in on the website and still receive the bundle as long as you get enough money before the game's release.
    Last edited by Abstinence Pistols; 23rd January 2013 at 1:21 AM.

Glad I ordered the bundle the day it was available.

I guess it's a good sign they hit their quota, but I'm surprised they hit the quota on the bundle. Though, maybe they just set the bundle lower.

Haven't played much of either, but is anyone super intruiged by the fact that Nintendo and Atlus teamed up to bring FEXSMT? Seems like it could work out wonderfully. Hopefully its something like Pokmon Conquest, in where its Pokemon as a strategy game, and this would turn out as a Fire Emblem RPG set in the SMT universe.
    BLAH

Page 69 of 222 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast