Page 76 of 222 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 5530

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You never have to use him, send him far away and ignore him.
    ^ If there wasn't such a thing as a second seal in this game, I would've done what you said, even if it means benching Fredrick and his Jeigan-classified self for eternity, come the time when the pick units option is accessible, rather than put him on my team, especially through chapter 5... At least with the second seal, he gets more chances to max out his stats, unlike other Jeigans of his kind from all past FE games' combined, which don't get that benefit... Still, if the prepromote comes with stats and growths too low and late in the game(a point that I have yet to reach at this point in time), I'd rather give the last of the possible experience points to other units, but play according to your own gut feelings and opinions on characters...
    Last edited by gregjammer; 9th February 2013 at 6:50 AM.
    My D/P FC: 4255-0421-2254
    My Pt FC: 2450-0507-5436(old)
    My HG FC:3524-8966-7093(old)
    My black FC: 0691-4324-8351
    My black 2 FC: 3440-0907-8860
    My Y FC: 4038-6458-7352

So...that final boss music in Awakening?

Best song in the game?

Best song in the game.

In just checked Target, Game Stop, and Best Buy yesterday but none had it. I decided to just order it from Best Buy. I have to wait till Wednesday to get it :/

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Any tips on leveling Donnel? I'm having a hard time getting him in to any maps, seeing as how almost EVERY SINGLE ENEMY has an AXE! I was able to level him up the side-chapter, but that was a little difficult, seeing as how I had to box off an archer to do so.
    Let him finish off units, once he gets to level 8 or so it'll be easy. He's completely broken. His stat growths are ridiculous, As a level 1 Hero he outclasses every single one of my other characters. I can send him into any situation and just laugh becaues he'll never die. 60 HP, 30 Defense, Strength and Speed, 16 Resistance (as melee character!). It's just unbelievable, I never anticipated he'd get that good.

Yeah, the only problem is my school's wifi kind of sucks and I can't really get spotpass.

Speaking of Spotpass, are spotpass characters only available for a limited time? If that's the case then this is gonna suck for me.
    I'm not sure, I don't think they are.

Quote Originally Posted by gregjammer View Post
    ^ If there wasn't such a thing as a second seal in this game, I would've done what you said, even if it means benching Fredrick and his Jeigan-classified self for eternity, come the time when the pick units option is accessible, rather than put him on my team, especially through chapter 5... At least with the second seal, he gets more chances to max out his stats, unlike other Jeigans of his kind from all past FE games' combined, which don't get that benefit... Still, if the prepromote comes with stats and growths too low and late in the game(a point that I have yet to reach at this point in time), I'd rather give the last of the possible experience points to other units, but play according to your own gut feelings and opinions on characters...
    Hmm, I've only used a Second Seal on Donnel, I like keeping people were they are. That would work, but I feel like it'd take a lot of fighting to get him to the point where he was as good as the other characters. I'm at Chapter 15 now, and finally got my second prepromote which I also wont be using. Really, regardless of who I get now they probably wont get any use.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Does anyone here have all the DLC? How worthy are they of purchase? In the process of downloading Champions of Yore I, but my Wi-Fi doesn't care for 3DS downloads.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Does anyone here have all the DLC? How worthy are they of purchase? In the process of downloading Champions of Yore I, but my Wi-Fi doesn't care for 3DS downloads.
    There's nothing special about them but it's only 4 bucks, pocket change, really.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I used the second seal to get the lock pick skill for my avatar, it's nice to have that option when going to a map.

I also plan on trying to get the knight's shield skill (can't remember the name) on one of my swordsmen, their low defense but high skill should make the ability quite useful.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Does anyone have any general tips for Chapter 5

Most of my issues seem to stem from getting everyone onto the middle portion without someone getting left behind or someone getting ganged up on (poor, poor mage dude), and those dracoknights are being the biggest general pains

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post

Most of my issues seem to stem from getting everyone onto the middle portion without someone getting left behind or someone getting ganged up on (poor, poor mage dude), and those dracoknights are being the biggest general pains
    Take advantage of the Rescue staff, since you should have one. Have one of the two, likely Ricken stand on the one spot that is safe for the first turn while you have Lissa Resuce Maribelle, and then Rescue Ricken the next turn. Otherwise, Ricken's magic destroys the flying units, so have the Maribelle pair up with Ricken. This is my experience on Hard, so unless you're on Hard, it may be easier than this.

Whew, Hard Mode(Classic) is sure living up to its name now. Despite the fact that my units are starting to reach lv. 20 after promotion, no one can tank very well, and I've had quite a few close calls. Lissa and Maribelle are insanely frail to the point that they make Ricken look like a tank, though I'm still using both due to marriage. I'm now on Chapter 20, but I want to finish some of the Paralogues. They are insanely tough in comparison, and then everyone having a forged Killer or Silver weapon makes it tougher. I still refuse to let anyone die, so this will take a while. At least the Risen on the map are easy in comparison.

So for those of you who've had the game for a while, have you settled on a permanent team?
    Well, I'm building up a large team of 16 units, since apparently that's how many you're allowed in the final chapter. My planned team so far:
        Spoiler:- In case someone doesn't want me to spoil any names:
    Last edited by Psynergy; 9th February 2013 at 8:30 PM.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

I just sent up some units that I knew could take a few hits, since you've already got a healer right there they don't need to be perfect tanks.

If you also feel like it, Chrom can take out a large number of those enemies with his Falchion. Have him pair up with Sumia, then have Sumia fly in range of the dracoknights and switch into Chrom.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Man, the developers must have been thinking of Dew when they came up with Donnel, as his only real use is to pass along great growths to his kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Man, the developers must have been thinking of Dew when they came up with Donnel, as his only real use is to pass along great growths to his kid.
    Well it makes sense given that skill of his.

I just sent up some units that I knew could take a few hits, since you've already got a healer right there they don't need to be perfect tanks.
    Usually I keep the mage guy paired with Maribelle and keep him at the forefront since he can damage things. I figured a healer would basically be a beacon of "Please, kill me"
    If you also feel like it, Chrom can take out a large number of those enemies with his Falchion. Have him pair up with Sumia, then have Sumia fly in range of the dracoknights and switch into Chrom.
    I kind of cropped Sumia after her first level. So frail...

I suppose I should say my first turn plan:
    -Pair Sully with Virion, shoot the fighter near the cliff with Blessed Bow.
    -Follow up with Crom to finish him off, assuming the Dual Strike or a crit didn't happen
    (Then on the next turn hope the fighter misses Virion and then Crom takes care of the mage next turn; Sully or Kellam usually takes care of the other fighter)
    -Pair Avatar with the myrmidon, send him to take out the Fighter
    -Pair Lissa with mage girl to snipe at the enemy myrmidon allowing
    -Paired Maribelle with mage guy to finish off the myrmidon

And then I pair Kellam with Veike (+5 attack & +2 defense yes please!), usually to finish up straggling units.

Am I relying too much on pair ups? Bad pair ups? Should I basically ignore the lower three enemies? If Sumia is really a big boon I suppose I can swap someone out for her

If Sumia is really a big boon I suppose I can swap someone out for her
    Here's the thing, Sumia is pretty frail and not that strong. I have her at lvl 6 and I'm on Chapter 9. She's okay at best. The only reason I'm using her is to get S-rank support with Chrom. The reason being is that there are a couple dessert chapters early on and thus, few characters are able to traverse easily. However, by pairing up the two and leveling up their support, both Chrom and her get a pretty decent stat boost, Chrom can travel longer distances and wreck Dracoknights with Falchion, and Sumia can slowly but surely gain exp by helping out every now and then. She almost killed a dark mage by herself recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    What? Donnel is the best character I've come across by far. He's incredibly hard to hit, if he does get hit he probably wont take damage, and if somehow something managed to damage him they have to whittle away at his massive HP before he destroys them. Which is impossible.

Usually I keep the mage guy paired with Maribelle and keep him at the forefront since he can damage things. I figured a healer would basically be a beacon of "Please, kill me"
    Potentially. The AI is very predictable, they go after what they can do the most damage to within their movement range and completely ignore any self preservation.

Am I relying too much on pair ups? Bad pair ups? Should I basically ignore the lower three enemies? If Sumia is really a big boon I suppose I can swap someone out for her
    Pairing up is where your strategy differs from mine, I rarely pair up. The thing with pairing up is that while it does offer stat bonuses, it doesn't really scale well. They're minuscule at best and its better to have more units to move around to finish off opponents. Pairing up Kellam with someone else that can add to his defense is good for luring opponents out, since he'll easily survive. But I find it better to leave everyone else separate so you have a wide array of options for finishing off what you've gathered.

Chapter 10.

That BGM.

I wanna cry, it's amazing.

It perfectly fits the mood of the situation at hand. Not only that, but the map itself emphasizes the mood even more. It may be early for me to say this, but best Fire Emblem chapter, EVER.

Chapter 10.

That BGM.

It perfectly fits the mood of the situation at hand. Not only that, but the map itself emphasizes the mood even more. It may be early for me to say this, but best Fire Emblem chapter, EVER.
    Yeah, that chapter was handled very well. I was impressed when I got to it.

Chapter 10.

That BGM.

I still think that was beaten by the last chapter.

But, yes, the OST is phenomenal. Definetely one of my favorites ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    I still think that was beaten by the last chapter.
    Looking forward to that, then. Not too much longer for me.

Part 2 of Radiant Dawn is at least far more bearable than Part 1, despite the fact it gives an insane amount of enemies to fight using your overpowered team...

What am I saying? This is awesome.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Part 2 of Radiant Dawn is at least far more bearable than Part 1, despite the fact it gives an insane amount of enemies to fight using your overpowered team...

What am I saying? This is awesome.
    We like Ike! We like Ike!

We like Ike! We like Ike!
    Eisenhower's still alive? Huh, who knew.

Joking aside, I really wish I could just play Chapter 10 forever. It was crafted beautifully. If I were to make a list of 10 ten most emotion moments in videogames, this would be in the top 3.

I'm sorry, but this one chapter has solidified my love of this game.

Eisenhower's still alive? Huh, who knew.

Joking aside, I really wish I could just play Chapter 10 forever. It was crafted beautifully. If I were to make a list of 10 ten most emotion moments in videogames, this would be in the top 3.

I'm sorry, but this one chapter has solidified my love of this game.
    I love this game too.

This is my first FE game, and I'm pretty excited that I have a whole series to sink my teeth into. I feel bad for missing out on it.

..Is it bad that my current favorite characters from this game is not even a playable character? The more I look up stuff about Awakening, the more I come to love him as a character!

Page 76 of 222 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086126176 ... LastLast