Page 77 of 224 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    ..Is it bad that my current favorite characters from this game is not even a playable character? The more I look up stuff about Awakening, the more I come to love him as a character!
    Depends. Which one is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Man, the developers must have been thinking of Dew when they came up with Donnel, as his only real use is to pass along great growths to his kid.
    Reclassing after level 15 would do him justice. Demon Fighter Class would be a great use of Underdog when and if that DLC comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Am I relying too much on pair ups? Bad pair ups? Should I basically ignore the lower three enemies? If Sumia is really a big boon I suppose I can swap someone out for her
    Just remember that Sumia cannot marry many characters, so from what I've deduced, you can lock her out of marriage.

Spoiler:- Male characters that marry Sumia:

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Manna View Post
    This is my first FE game, and I'm pretty excited that I have a whole series to sink my teeth into. I feel bad for missing out on it.
    Try the other ones for sure. The other handheld entries are a little different, since you lack Skills and the support system doesn't exist in either Fire Emblem or Shadow Dragon and in Sacred Stones it doesn't play near as large a role.

..Is it bad that my current favorite characters from this game is not even a playable character? The more I look up stuff about Awakening, the more I come to love him as a character!
    Yes, do tell us who it is.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Depends. Which one is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Yes, do tell us who it is.
    Must...not...succumb...to...peer...pressure....oka y fine.

As of right now, one of my favorite characters is Mustafa. I've always liked characters with his personality. He's honorable, dedicated and commands a good amount of respect from his men. His actions and dialogue at the beginning of the chapter and his death quote show that, unlike most Fire Emblem map bosses, made me somewhat respect him. In fact, there's a tidbit on the FEA site that said that he had spotted Olivia beforehand and told her to hide somewhere to not become a casualty of the coming battle. The fact that chapter 10 is one of the more emotional chapters helps his case even more.

Call me whatever you want, but I've always liked connecting characters on a personal level. The amount of respect, dedication, and respect this guy has just made me want to recruit him as a character, but alas, things aren't meant to be. However, I think that was for the best, as having him rather than some crazy kill-happy boss would have given the chapter less impact overall.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Must...not...succumb...to...peer...pressure....oka y fine.

As of right now, one of my favorite characters is Mustafa. I've always liked characters with his personality. He's honorable, dedicated and commands a good amount of respect from his men. His actions and dialogue at the beginning of the chapter and his death quote show that, unlike most Fire Emblem map bosses, made me somewhat respect him. In fact, there's a tidbit on the FEA site that said that he had spotted Olivia beforehand and told her to hide somewhere to not become a casualty of the coming battle. The fact that chapter 10 is one of the more emotional chapters helps his case even more.

Call me whatever you want, but I've always liked connecting characters on a personal level. The amount of respect, dedication, and respect this guy has just made me want to recruit him as a character, but alas, things aren't meant to be. However, I think that was for the best, as having him rather than some crazy kill-happy boss would have given the chapter less impact overall.
    Oh that dude.

Yeah, I felt pretty bad when I had to kill him. Poor guy : (

He was a good character. It seems like there's a fair amount of boss characters who are fleshed out a little more than is typical, which is nice.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

He was a good character. It seems like there's a fair amount of boss characters who are fleshed out a little more than is typical, which is nice.
    Yeah, I personally loved Cervantes' personality. It was nice to have a sort of comic relief boss that far into the game. The bosses of the sidequests don't seem to have much of any personality, though.

Now on Chapter 25, but I want to refrain from starting it to pair some characters to unlock the remaining Paralogues. I still need 4 or 5, though. Chaptee 23 was quite a mind-blowing chapter, though, but despite all the seriousness, I was overcome by the urge to kill the boss with a Tree Branch I found in an event tile that chapter. Totally worth it, though now I'm convinced that the children of your Avatar have the potential to be the most overpowered characters in the game.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 10th February 2013 at 6:52 PM.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I'm a little girl.

Spoiler:- I'm sure I'm not the only one:

I also really wish I'd been able to recruit Mustafa, he was so sincere, and I'm sure he would've let your crew go if you'd just surrendered.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Yeah, I personally loved Cervantes' personality. It was nice to have a sort of comic relief boss that far into the game. The bosses of the sidequests don't seem to have much of any personality, though.

Now on Chapter 25, but I want to refrain from starting it to pair some characters to unlock the remaining Paralogues. I still need 4 or 5, though. Chaptee 23 was quite a mind-blowing chapter, though, but despite all the seriousness, I was overcome by the urge to kill the boss with a Tree Branch I found in an event tile that chapter. Totally worth it, though now I'm convinced that the children of your Avatar have the potential to be the most overpowered characters in the game.
    That was my favorite Chapter of the game (Chapter 23). Such an emotional height man. It was intense.

Spoiler:- Chapter 23:

I'm a little girl.

I also really wish I'd been able to recruit Mustafa, he was so sincere, and I'm sure he would've let your crew go if you'd just surrendered.
        Spoiler:- Chapter 9:

He really did seem like a nice guy. D:
    Last edited by Manna; 10th February 2013 at 7:36 PM.

I'm a little girl.

That was my favorite Chapter of the game (Chapter 23). Such an emotional height man. It was intense.

Spoiler:- Chapter 23:
    It is definitely a great chapter in the game.
        Spoiler:- Though, to be honest...:
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I was using the Florina Spotpass to strengthen my character levels and supports. It works fairly well, though I'm not going to overdo it. Besides, its mainly for weaker characters.

Anyway, does anybody know if the child's stats and skills are determined when the parents reach an S rank or when the sidequest becomes available? I was thinking the former.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Part 2 is finished. What a shame that it was so short...but the endgame for it was kind of epic. Holy hell, those were a LOT of reinforcements.

And now on to Part 3... Oh, sweet goodness, the Greil Mercenaries are back. This is ought to be fun.

I'm a little girl.

Say not in grief: "She is no more." but live in thankfulness that she was.

It was a very honourable and courageous end.

Spoiler:- Though, to be honest...:
    Except the Black Knight is a complete bro.

Chapter 23 was pretty good, just on my way to the final chapter now. Just need to gear up my 13 and I'm ready to go.

Except the Black Knight is a complete bro.

Chapter 23 was pretty good, just on my way to the final chapter now. Just need to gear up my 13 and I'm ready to go.
    Well, I didn't mean in the story sense, but merely map setup. I'm still not heading to the final chapter until I recruit all the children, just because. My Renown is going to go up a lot. I think I'm still going to go to the final chapter with just the 15 I have now, when I do go.

Only at chapter 16 (mostly due to the fact that I restarted on hard). I've only lost three men; Frederick, Virion, and the Vaike.

Scrolling through the dub voice actors and I just looked at Henry's dub voice actor...ugh...the horrors...Bryce Papenbrook, he stared in the worst. Anime. EVER! I love Henry though, he's hilarious (especially with his relation to Cherche).
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 11th February 2013 at 2:16 AM. Reason: looking at dub actors (it's not a bad dub)
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

So I found something interesting online. You know how everyone's complaining that characters don't have feet?

Well take a look at this

This character model does show that the character models were supposed to have feet, but for some reason, due to polygon count or weird cutoff, they were not included.

The feet thing doesn't bother me too much, but it would be nice to see this resolved so people won't complain about it as much. Perhaps a future downloadable patch to the game maybe?

Well, I didn't mean in the story sense, but merely map setup. I'm still not heading to the final chapter until I recruit all the children, just because. My Renown is going to go up a lot. I think I'm still going to go to the final chapter with just the 15 I have now, when I do go.
    I went with 8.

Spoiler:- Not really a spoiler at all, just information on endgame enemy layout:

Say not in grief: "She is no more." but live in thankfulness that she was.

It was a very honourable and courageous end.
    Would one not lament the loss of the fruit picked as a blossom? She could have done so much, and she could've actually made peace come to fruition between Ylisse and Plegia, but now I must fight to destroy every b*stard who trounces on her name.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Only at chapter 16 (mostly due to the fact that I restarted on hard). I've only lost three men; Frederick, Virion, and the Vaike.
    You don't restart the chapter if a character dies?

So I found something interesting online. You know how everyone's complaining that characters don't have feet?

Well take a look at this

This character model does show that the character models were supposed to have feet, but for some reason, due to polygon count or weird cutoff, they were not included.

The feet thing doesn't bother me too much, but it would be nice to see this resolved so people won't complain about it as much. Perhaps a future downloadable patch to the game maybe?
    People are complaining? Sure, it's odd and looks funny. But it's nothing worth complaining about.

Would one not lament the loss of the fruit picked as a blossom? She could have done so much, and she could've actually made peace come to fruition between Ylisse and Plegia, but now I must fight to destroy every b*stard who trounces on her name.
    It's best not to think what may have been after someone sacrifices themselves.

Usually I do, those times I didn't.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

So playing with permadeath off to reduce the annoyance of having to restart.

If you do that, you may as well play on casual.

If you do that, you may as well play on casual.
    Please tell me there's no such rubbish like a golden file with sparkling lights like in SML3D.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Please tell me there's no such rubbish like a golden file with sparkling lights like in SML3D.
    Not that we know of as of yet.

I went with 8.

Spoiler:- Not really a spoiler at all, just information on endgame enemy layout:
        Spoiler:- Endgame:

Page 77 of 224 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast