Page 82 of 224 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Oh boy, I've been using so many Master Seals at level 10.
    You're wasting so many stat points doing that! Unless a character has somehow managed to cap their stats by that level you should never use a Master Seal that early.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You're wasting so many stat points doing that! Unless a character has somehow managed to cap their stats by that level you should never use a Master Seal that early.
    If only this was Radiant Dawn where your unit automatically promotes upon hitting level 20.

Granted, Sacred Stones and Awakening would become a tad more broken if they relied on that.

Well, considering that you can use Second Seals once you're level 10 promoted to return to the same class, the penalty is nowhere near as awful. On higher difficulties, if you want to get more skills quickly, I'd almost recommend class changing as soon as possible. This is only my opinion, but for sure, there's less penalty for early promotion.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    If only this was Radiant Dawn where your unit automatically promotes upon hitting level 20.

Granted, Sacred Stones and Awakening would become a tad more broken if they relied on that.
    I loved that about RD.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Well, considering that you can use Second Seals once you're level 10 promoted to return to the same class, the penalty is nowhere near as awful. On higher difficulties, if you want to get more skills quickly, I'd almost recommend class changing as soon as possible. This is only my opinion, but for sure, there's less penalty for early promotion.
    The thing with using Second Seals is that your level accumulates. So it becomes harder and harder to train a unit. Say you get a unit to level 10 three times, using a Second Seal on them each time they got to level 10. That unit would technically have a level of 30, so they'll gain Exp much slower. It's more of an inconvenience than anything else, since you can endlessly spawn Risen, but still.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The thing with using Second Seals is that your level accumulates. So it becomes harder and harder to train a unit. Say you get a unit to level 10 three times, using a Second Seal on them each time they got to level 10. That unit would technically have a level of 30, so they'll gain Exp much slower. It's more of an inconvenience than anything else, since you can endlessly spawn Risen, but still.
    Well, the penalty for leveling often like that is a lot less on Normal Mode anyway, if I recall correctly. I am aware of the internal leveling, though (Severa is lucky now to get even 10 EXP from killing a high level enemy, but she maxed long ago anyway). I do notice the mistake I stated with reclassing faster. What I meant was for reclassing to another class to get a skill, there's much less of a need to wait until level 20 if you end up reclassing to your original class anyway, unless I'm missing something here. Though if you want to level grind, Reeking Boxes cost 4800G each on Hard Mode, which isn't quite the investment it is on Normal, so the drop in EXP hurts more.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Dang. No stores in my area (Gamestop, Best Buy, Target, heck even Toys R Us) have Fire Emblem Awakening. I am probably just gonna download it off the eShop at this point.
    The only Nesquik you'll ever see in 3D.

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Charmander! Hatched via Masuda Method on 3/7/13
    Shiny Corphish! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Skrelp! Chain fished on 10/30/13
    Shiny Horsea! Chain fished on 10/31/13 (Guess this is my Halloween treat)
    Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)
    Shiny Tyrunt! Hatched via Masuda Method on 11/9/13

Want my Friend Code? Here it is:
    3DS: 1891-1325-6982
    White 2: 3397 1588 5337 Peter

Well, the penalty for leveling often like that is a lot less on Normal Mode anyway, if I recall correctly. I am aware of the internal leveling, though (Severa is lucky now to get even 10 EXP from killing a high level enemy, but she maxed long ago anyway). I do notice the mistake I stated with reclassing faster. What I meant was for reclassing to another class to get a skill, there's much less of a need to wait until level 20 if you end up reclassing to your original class anyway, unless I'm missing something here. Though if you want to level grind, Reeking Boxes cost 4800G each on Hard Mode, which isn't quite the investment it is on Normal, so the drop in EXP hurts more.
    Yes, reclassing to get skills is fine. I'm more referring to what ParaChomp was doing, using his Master Seals as soon as his units reached level 10. Doing that, and then having to use Second Seals to try and fix units with low stats is a bad time.

Yes, reclassing to get skills is fine. I'm more referring to what ParaChomp was doing, using his Master Seals as soon as his units reached level 10. Doing that, and then having to use Second Seals to try and fix units with low stats is a bad time.
    Ah, okay, I understand now. Yeah, I always wait until level 20 for standard promotions, unless I plan to Second Seal them to be a different intended class, in which case I do so right away. The only dilemma I face is what to promote each character into, but that tends to depend on what I need for my group. This playthrough though, I was very lacking in Bows and Axes, having to rely on Noire and Severa for each, respectively. I'll definitely have to fix that next time, though I didn't notice any glaring weakness that it caused.

Ah, okay, I understand now. Yeah, I always wait until level 20 for standard promotions, unless I plan to Second Seal them to be a different intended class, in which case I do so right away. The only dilemma I face is what to promote each character into, but that tends to depend on what I need for my group. This playthrough though, I was very lacking in Bows and Axes, having to rely on Noire and Severa for each, respectively. I'll definitely have to fix that next time, though I didn't notice any glaring weakness that it caused.
    Axe users I always have trouble with, the axe users you get always seem to be slow and have terrible accuracy. Reclassing units to find one that can use axes well is tricky. I tried using Vaike for a bit but he was just terrible. It wasn't until I'd got Donnel to Hero that I finally had an axe user that wasn't useless.

Axe users I always have trouble with, the axe users you get always seem to be slow and have terrible accuracy. Reclassing units to find one that can use axes well is tricky. I tried using Vaike for a bit but he was just terrible. It wasn't until I'd got Donnel to Hero that I finally had an axe user that wasn't useless.
    Yeah, the axe fighters you get in the series don't tend to be the greatest, expect for a few like Orsin, Boyd, Nolan, and Barst. Vaike's growths appear to say otherwise, but I have't tried him out. Cherche appears to have some impressive growths, excluding a Speed growth that matches Ricken and Stahl(both turned out rather slow for me), but I'm going to try using her this next run. And I've heard good things about Panne as Wyvern Rider/Lord, too.

Well, I went with the digital download. Does this game have a really slow beginning or is it easy to jump right into?

I am a proud Catholic.

Shiny Frogadier! Random encounter in Friend Safari on 11/2/13 (Modest nature and 31 IV in speed)

Quote Originally Posted by Nesquik3D View Post
    Well, I went with the digital download. Does this game have a really slow beginning or is it easy to jump right into?
    Plot-wise, you just jump right in, actually. On Normal Mode, the early chapters are actually not too tough either, so difficulty doesn't accelerate at an unusual rate. On Hard Mode, since there are more enemies, your group will level up a bit faster at the start, though unless you're very familiar with the gameplay and ready for a challenge (like I was), I wouldn't recommend Hard Mode for a first run.

Yeah, the axe fighters you get in the series don't tend to be the greatest, expect for a few like Orsin, Boyd, Nolan, and Barst. Vaike's growths appear to say otherwise, but I have't tried him out. Cherche appears to have some impressive growths, excluding a Speed growth that matches Ricken and Stahl(both turned out rather slow for me), but I'm going to try using her this next run. And I've heard good things about Panne as Wyvern Rider/Lord, too.
    I actually used Cherche (I forgot about that). She isn't very fast, that's for sure, but she has very good defense and strength. She's basically a flying General. As for my Stahl, he was able to attack to twice against most enemies, except in the very last few chapters against the Swordmasters and Assassins.

Plot-wise, you just jump right in, actually. On Normal Mode, the early chapters are actually not too tough either, so difficulty doesn't accelerate at an unusual rate. On Hard Mode, since there are more enemies, your group will level up a bit faster at the start, though unless you're very familiar with the gameplay and ready for a challenge (like I was), I wouldn't recommend Hard Mode for a first run.
    Thanks! I've only played one Fire Emblem game before so this will help me start up.

I am a proud Catholic.

I have an ambassador 3DS so I got sacred stones. But I just started playing it a few days ago. So far its meh, the tutorials are getting annoying.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    I have an ambassador 3DS so I got sacred stones. But I just started playing it a few days ago. So far its meh, the tutorials are getting annoying.

I take some offence to meh on SS. One of the first and best fire Emblem games I've played. The. Best. game. Music. Evar.

...I'm playing Fire Emblem Awakening for 3DS! I likey it P:
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein, OR IGN is Arkis, AS IGN is Sabiah

I am offended that Ross or Hector isn't mentioned as being a good Axe wielder.

As for reclassing and promotions, I usually wait til level 20 for promoting normal classes. If I reclass, then I wait until I get the class's second skill at lvl 15 then change it to either the class I want or want a skill from. Works out pretty well as I rarely suffer stat losses.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I fond of Ricken and Stahl. They're good allies to have. I also likey Pegasus warriors ._____.

I also fond of Lon'qu. He's awesome.

....What does the El in front of some of the magic books have to do with them being stronger then the ones that don't? .___. /obviously half noob at FE
    Last edited by Forsaken Greninja; 16th February 2013 at 3:25 PM.
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein, OR IGN is Arkis, AS IGN is Sabiah

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Turn the tutorials off, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Hector isn't an axe wielder. Hector is a god. Ross should have gotten a mention though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobali View Post
    Lon'qu so good.

....What does the El in front of some of the magic books have to do with them being stronger then the ones that don't? .___. /obviously half noob at FE
    It's just the naming scheme so you can tell. It's the same as Bronze, Iron, Steel and Silver weapons. You know one is strong based on what it is.

Lon'qu is epic. Lethality is epic also.
    My Grandmaster has Lethality also.
    Download The Golden Gaffs. Lots of gold.

Shadow Stars League Normal Gym Leader
    Starstrike Badge Credit to FairyWitch to this great badge!

As for reclassing and promotions, I usually wait til level 20 for promoting normal classes. If I reclass, then I wait until I get the class's second skill at lvl 15 then change it to either the class I want or want a skill from. Works out pretty well as I rarely suffer stat losses.
    I should have specified Fighter class. I was thinking of the traditional Fighter duos that come early on. Ross is technically a fighter in that sense too, but I prefer him as Berserker, or if I just want to have fun, Super Journeyman. Yeah, Hector and Ross are absolute monsters as well, but if we're talking axe wielders in general, Jill and RD Haar are fantastic as well. We could go on with axe-wielders for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobali View Post
    I fond of Ricken and Stahl. They're good allies to have. I also likey Pegasus warriors ._____.

I liked Ricken and Stahl as well. They were fantastic until later on when they lost out on speed. Stahl is an absolute tank, though. Ricken also had great magic, but the low speed hurt him more in the end, nearly getting him killed. Maybe that last bit was my fault.

I liked Ricken and Stahl as well. They were fantastic until later on when they lost out on speed. Stahl is an absolute tank, though. Ricken also had great magic, but the low speed hurt him more in the end, nearly getting him killed. Maybe that last bit was my fault.
    I found the same thing using Miriel. She had really good Magic, but I really had to use a couple Speedwings on her to help her out. Are there any Mages with good speed growths?

Stahl I decided to make into a paladin for the skills, and then reclass him into a great knight after getting Astra. Panne I've also reclassed to a thief to grab the trickster and Assasin skills to take advantage of the Taguel's class's naturally high movement, and make it better.

I'm still wondering if I should make her into a Wyvern rider for that strength +2 skill.

I found the same thing using Miriel. She had really good Magic, but I really had to use a couple Speedwings on her to help her out. Are there any Mages with good speed growths?
    Tharja, but her rate of growth is the same as Miriel's. She did outspeed many enemies on my file though, so idk. It also helps if you chose improve your tactician's speed stat when you first customized it.

Also, any word on triangle attacks?
    Last edited by Recon; 16th February 2013 at 7:55 PM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

It also helps if you chose improve your tactician's speed stat when you first customized it.
    I did that, but I found my Avatar to be pretty average. Besides that one stat he didn't excel anywhere, which made him slightly harder to use. As a character, I don't really like the avatar. They don't seem as interesting as the other characters.

Well, I'd imagine Avatar with speed as an asset would have good speed growth as a Sage. Though experimenting with growths on Serenes (which may or may not be accurate now), a Ricken-fathered Noire makes for a speed and magic growth of about 60, which is apparently as good as Miriel. Though Laurent and Morgan(M) with Donnel as their father and Aptitude gives them about 80% speed and 70% magic. I don't really like either of those two much, though.

Stahl I decided to make into a paladin for the skills, and then reclass him into a great knight after getting Astra. Panne I've also reclassed to a thief to grab the trickster and Assasin skills to take advantage of the Taguel's class's naturally high movement, and make it better.

I'm still wondering if I should make her into a Wyvern rider for that strength +2 skill.
    Well, she appears to have a 70% speed growth as Wyvern Rider, so I think it may be worth a shot.

Tharja, but her rate of growth is the same as Miriel's. She did outspeed many enemies on my file though, so idk. It also helps if you chose improve your tactician's speed stat when you first customized it.

Also, any word on triangle attacks?
    I'll second Tharja as a somewhat quick magic user on Hard Mode, though if we're talking Mage/Sage, then I'd say your Avatar or Morgan would be the easiest to have as a fast Mage. As for Triangle Attacks, I can't find anything on that. I'd think it would be safe to say there is none, but Sumia/Cordelia/Cynthia would be my only guess. I doubt it, though.

Page 82 of 224 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast