Page 84 of 222 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 5530

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Wrath+Resolve is absolutely devastating, and Edward is one of the best one to pull it off. I don't care what anyone says, but I prefer him to both Mia and Zihark. A shame RD failed to give much characterization to the Dawn Brigade, or anyone else new, for that matter.
    I never found Zihark to be very good at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stereotypical Nerd View Post
    I never really heard of Fire Emblem except though SSBB and random ads. I had no idea it was turn based strategy. I played the demo of the newest game through N3DS. So. Fun. Gonna try to get it >,<
    Good luck doing that. The eShop is about the only place you can get it right now.

So I gave Lunatic another shot, this time using Frederick. I made it to the boss of the first Prologue and he got a crit with 9% and I ragequit. Now going through on Hard instead.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post

Good luck doing that. The eShop is about the only place you can get it right now.

So I gave Lunatic another shot, this time using Frederick. I made it to the boss of the first Prologue and he got a crit with 9% and I ragequit. Now going through on Hard instead.
    Yeah, I would definitely suggest playing on Hard before even attempting Lunatic. I've had friends who jumped into Lunatic as soon as they could and to quote them and a meme:

"If you select Lunatic difficulty before you beat Hard, you're gonna have a bad time."

In a nutshell, you're gonna want to use Frederick as much as you can until you unlock the Outrealm gate so you can grind like hell.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Yeah, I would definitely suggest playing on Hard before even attempting Lunatic. I've had friends who jumped into Lunatic as soon as they could and to quote them and a meme:

"If you select Lunatic difficulty before you beat Hard, you're gonna have a bad time."

In a nutshell, you're gonna want to use Frederick as much as you can until you unlock the Outrealm gate so you can grind like hell.
    That depends on whether your a Fire Emblem veteran or not, like me.

Really, it isn't that hard. It's a try-then-fail-then-try-again kind of thing...

Lunatic+, on the other hand... o_O

It'll be hard... very, very hard...

But I'm going to do it! Yes, maybe I'm crazy, but I will! Even if it takes... a long, long time!

Fire Emblem's a good game. (Better than Pokemon, IMO, but that's just me.)

Quote Originally Posted by fireemblemfan4ever View Post
    Really, it isn't that hard. It's a try-then-fail-then-try-again kind of thing...
    Yes. That means it's hard. If it was easy, there would be no failure.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

http://s1164.beta.photobucket.com/us...31ed8.jpg.html Can someone tell me what flaws in my army makes that Generals can walk all over everyone? I mean, common. I love my Taguel and Manakete, so Nowi and Panne aren't going out.

....But something tells me Magic beasts the Generals.

Anyway, I'm on chapter 16. About to beat him.

That depends on whether your a Fire Emblem veteran or not, like me.

Lunatic+, on the other hand... o_O

It'll be hard... very, very hard...

But I'm going to do it! Yes, maybe I'm crazy, but I will! Even if it takes... a long, long time!

Fire Emblem's a good game. (Better than Pokemon, IMO, but that's just me.)
    Agreed. I feel as if FE has much better music, and better ways. I likey the games so much better then Pokémon.

Then the Lunatic+ is a trial and error?
    Last edited by Forsaken Greninja; 18th February 2013 at 2:30 PM.
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein. I'm going to be restarting Y version after getting 10 shinies, so far it's 2/10 shinies, cause Wonder trade was a loving option two nights ago....

Quote Originally Posted by Cobali View Post
    http://s1164.beta.photobucket.com/us...31ed8.jpg.html Can someone tell me what flaws in my army makes that Generals can walk all over everyone? I mean, common. I love my Taguel and Manakete, so Nowi and Panne aren't going out.

I used Chrom with his Rapier for him. Remember, you don't have to attack. Position a unit in front of him and he'll attack them on his turn, which means a unit that can only survive one hit will do fine.

Generals ALWAYS have high defenses and as such, don't take much from physical attacks and crumble to Magic with generally low Resistance. If you want to do a ton of physical damage, you can always try a rapier, armorslayer, or hammer to help take him down.

For Campari, the General in Chapter 9, I used Tharja paired with some other magey character to bring him down, then finished him off with another mage. There's no shame in swarming the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Anyone else use the Hubba Tester when they're board? I tested my avatar (Male) and Ricken together. THey couldn't stay off of each other O.O
    Yeah, I do. The results are entirely random, I think, and they change every time you exit the Tester and reenter.

So if I'm to understand, you've gone a trip and not brought your portable game system?
    Pickpockets are far too common in Greece. One would not want to bring any valuables they aren't prepared to lose in this place. Speaking of not bringing, I forgot my carry-on at home since I had to worry about getting every other person's luggage from my family.

Generals ALWAYS have high defenses and as such, don't take much from physical attacks and crumble to Magic with generally low Resistance. If you want to do a ton of physical damage, you can always try a rapier, armorslayer, or hammer to help take him down.
    If you do have to try physical damage with them, it's best (in my experience) to use Rapier with Crom, Hammer with Vaike/dragon lady, and Armorslayer with Lon'qu. Don't forget to use Master Seals, they help a lot, not to mention that your characters look that much cooler.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Agreed. I feel as if FE has much better music, and better ways. I likey the games so much better then Pokémon.

Then the Lunatic+ is a trial and error?
    Yup, Fire Emblem's the best~ <3

And Lunatic+???
    From what I heard, it's more than just "trial and error."
    It's more like a reset-the-game-until-only-a-few-of-the-enemies-have-Luna+ kind of thing...
    I'm going to try it, though.

Neither did I, but coming promoted already usually tends to give him an advantage on higher difficulties. I don't find him to fantastic either, but he's better than Lucia, though that's not saying much.

And Lunatic+???
    From what I heard, it's more than just "trial and error."
    It's more like a reset-the-game-until-only-a-few-of-the-enemies-have-Luna+ kind of thing...
    I'm going to try it, though.
    To my understanding, I've heard Lunatic+ in Awakening is harder than Lunatic Reverse in FE12, though I've never played FE12, so I wouldn't know myself.
    Either way, the chance of multiple enemies ending up with both Luna+ and Hawkeye scares me. It makes your defense stat that much more useless. Pavise+, Aegis+, and Vantage+ don't look any nicer to deal with, though.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

To my understanding, I've heard Lunatic+ in Awakening is harder than Lunatic Reverse in FE12, though I've never played FE12, so I wouldn't know myself.
    Either way, the chance of multiple enemies ending up with both Luna+ and Hawkeye scares me. It makes your defense stat that much more useless. Pavise+, Aegis+, and Vantage+ don't look any nicer to deal with, though.
    That's what I've heard, too...
    But I've beaten Lunatic Reverse in FE12... with not too many resets. Fine, I reset quite a bit, but still... I beat it.

And yeah, it scares me... which is why I want to try it out.
    And then I'll beat it and add it to my sig here, too!
    <3 More FE bragging rights. :P

Decided to try Lunatic.

Sweet jesus, I barely made it out of the prologue. I just CAN'T WAIT to see what chapter 1 has in store for me.

Also, the AI is a cheating bastard
    Last edited by Recon; 18th February 2013 at 7:52 PM.

Cleared Chapter 10 while killing all the Thieves, so I'm happy.

Also, did anyone else notice that the DLC Marth can equip Chrom's Falchion? The Dev Team Thinks of Everything!

Decided to try Lunatic.

Sweet jesus, I barely made it out of the prologue. I just CAN'T WAIT to see what chapter 1 has in store for me.

Also, the AI is a cheating bastard
    Reinforcements coming out at the start of the enemy phase is already awful on Hard. Lunatic would likely make it a nightmare, along with weapons forged beyond the usual limits. Also, according to Serenes, the majority of the bosses from Chapter 17 onwards have an Hit Rate +10 or +20 skill, just because. No matter how awful everything seems on Lunatic, I'm very curious to try it myself. After I finish this next run, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post

Also, did anyone else notice that the DLC Marth can equip Chrom's Falchion? The Dev Team Thinks of Everything!
    An extra Master Seal was all the motivation I needed to kill those thieves. Of course, the Master Seal one was the only I managed to kill on the first run. Yeah, I think it's really neat that Marth can use Falchion, though I prefer to keep it with Chrom. I'd imagine that both Spotpass versions of Marth would be able to use it, but we'll have to wait and see on that part.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Reinforcements coming out at the start of the enemy phase is already awful on Hard. Lunatic would likely make it a nightmare, along with weapons forged beyond the usual limits. Also, according to Serenes, the majority of the bosses from Chapter 17 onwards have an Hit Rate +10 or +20 skill, just because. No matter how awful everything seems on Lunatic, I'm very curious to try it myself. After I finish this next run, that is.
    Well by that time, you've probably grinded as much as you could and it's not that big of a deal.

Course it doesn't mean it's any easier.

And god damn the RNG goddess, when there's a 38% hit rate, you're not supposed to hit!

Chapter one is stupidly hard
    Last edited by Recon; 18th February 2013 at 8:48 PM.

Well by that time, you've probably grinded as much as you could and it's not that big of a deal.

Course it doesn't mean it's any easier.

And god damn the RNG goddess, when there's a 38% hit rate, you're not supposed to hit!

Chapter one is stupidly hard
    Possibly, depending on how much you decide to grind. Sure, though, I agree that as you progress the difficulty starts to get manageable since your group will be a bit more prepared. I've often found in Shadow Dragon, Chapter 1 is the hardest chapter on higher difficulties, with the rest being not quite as impossible, but equally unforgiving.

Wha---- Naw, I did not :O

I laugh at the Valmeans. their gonna be pummled by a single soldier. Its 1 against 22, guess who, and the odds are at?
    Last edited by Forsaken Greninja; 18th February 2013 at 10:28 PM.
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein. I'm going to be restarting Y version after getting 10 shinies, so far it's 2/10 shinies, cause Wonder trade was a loving option two nights ago....

I never actually tried, that is pretty neat. Makes sense.

Spoiler:- Incredibly minor spoilers:

So I started playing Awakening yesterday. I got the 3DS bundle, but I had schoolwork so I didn't use it for the first week or so I had it. But hoooooooooooooooooly cow this game is fun. I'm at Chapter 9 and so far I decided to pair up Chrom and Sumia.

One question, what's the difference between a Master Seal and a Secondary Seal? And which characters should I use them on first?

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    So I started playing Awakening yesterday. I got the 3DS bundle, but I had schoolwork so I didn't use it for the first week or so I had it. But hoooooooooooooooooly cow this game is fun. I'm at Chapter 9 and so far I decided to pair up Chrom and Sumia.

One question, what's the difference between a Master Seal and a Secondary Seal? And which characters should I use them on first?
    Secondary Seals can switch your characters class in the same tier. So for example, you may be able to switch a Myrmidon to a Thief or Mercenary. A Master Seal promotes your unit. So your same Myrmidon could promote to either a Swordmaster or Assassin. Secondary Seals you should use on any units you want to grow more before promoting, or you want to get certain skills that are only available to a certain class. Once you've done that and you've gotten your unit to level 20 you would use your Master Seal to promote them.

Secondary Seals can switch your characters class in the same tier. So for example, you may be able to switch a Myrmidon to a Thief or Mercenary. A Master Seal promotes your unit. So your same Myrmidon could promote to either a Swordmaster or Assassin. Secondary Seals you should use on any units you want to grow more before promoting, or you want to get certain skills that are only available to a certain class. Once you've done that and you've gotten your unit to level 20 you would use your Master Seal to promote them.
    Don't forget that Secondary Seals can be used on already Promoted units as well. You can use a Secondary Seal on a character to make them stay their same class too, but it will revert them back to level 1 without affecting their stats in any way; this is phenomenal for Promoted Units at level 20, who would otherwise let EXP go to waste.

Since they go back to level 1, it gives you a better chance of being able to max their stats (aka, there's less emphasis on sheer RNG luck to be able to max stats). If a stat is in green, it's maxed. If not, it can always go higher. So Secondary Seals can give you a second try at raising your stats, and makes low stat gains from level ups less of a problem. It makes them have an extra use, in addition to getting skills from other classes.

Probably one of the best additions to FE that Awakening has brought (in addition to the revamped Support system).
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

So, I've been planning on getting Awakening, probably within the next week...and this Second Seal thing has caught my interest. I've only really played the Sacred Stones before this, and in that one at least, promotion items are very difficult to get your hands on.

Can you just buy the second/master seals in this one? Or is there a limited amount of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    So, I've been planning on getting Awakening, probably within the next week...and this Second Seal thing has caught my interest. I've only really played the Sacred Stones before this, and in that one at least, promotion items are very difficult to get your hands on.

Can you just buy the second/master seals in this one? Or is there a limited amount of them?
    You are in luck my friend, because you can in fact buy both types of seals. There is no limit on how many you can buy, especially since it becomes ridiculously easy to amass gold later on.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Something I noticed, don't if y'alls are aware; when dealing with weapons that restore HP in a fight (ie just Nosferatu and Aversa's Night), the battle preview doesn't take into account the HP restoration, so if you're trying to kill an enemy with Nosferatu with a double, you may want to figure out the damage manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    You can buy them post-Chapter 16/Paralogue 6, or they're available earlier from occasional travelling merchants on the world map.

Page 84 of 222 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134184 ... LastLast