Page 85 of 222 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 5529

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Probably one of the best additions to FE that Awakening has brought (in addition to the revamped Support system).
    Yes, thank you for elaborating on my oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Can you just buy the second/master seals in this one? Or is there a limited amount of them?
    Not only can you buy them, you find a shitton of them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Something I noticed, don't if y'alls are aware; when dealing with weapons that restore HP in a fight (ie just Nosferatu and Aversa's Night), the battle preview doesn't take into account the HP restoration, so if you're trying to kill an enemy with Nosferatu with a double, you may want to figure out the damage manually.
    It never has. The thing with that it is that it would be a misrepresentation, because the weapon has to land a hit for it to actually work. So the game can't assume ahead of time that it's going to hit.

So I'd completely been neglecting Serenes Forest and using the FE Wikia. Which sucks. Serenes Forest is much better, and actually has growth rates for every character. Something I am looking for though, some advice on breeding offspring. I'm looking for the best pairs for each child to monopolize on their strengths. Which combinations would get the best skills etc. Any advice from people who have played around with it, or somewhere on the internet with this information?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Damn, Chapter 11 is a difficulty spike.

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Stuck on chapter 2 of lunatic. This is hell because you can't trade items to other characters on the main map at this point. And Freddy is running out of uses for his silver lance!

God damn they weren't kidding.
    oh yeah, I forgot, I suck so I'm a huge whiner

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Stuck on chapter 2 of lunatic. This is hell because you can't trade items to other characters on the main map at this point. And Freddy is running out of uses for his silver lance!

God damn they weren't kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    So I'd completely been neglecting Serenes Forest and using the FE Wikia. Which sucks. Serenes Forest is much better, and actually has growth rates for every character. Something I am looking for though, some advice on breeding offspring. I'm looking for the best pairs for each child to monopolize on their strengths. Which combinations would get the best skills etc. Any advice from people who have played around with it, or somewhere on the internet with this information?
    Well Owain is said to be one of the best child characters, so by having Lissa and Donny get together, you have a superpowered monster on your hands and will likely cap his stats very early. I also had Cordelia and Lon'qu marry because the skills each of them get GREATLY benefits Severa's class.

I also pair up units based upon what their kid's class is. Such as having Sully and Kellam, Ricken and Maribelle, Miriel and Henry...
    Last edited by Recon; 19th February 2013 at 3:38 AM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Damn, Chapter 11 is a difficulty spike.

Spoiler:- Spoiler:
    Just keep in mind he wont move until you're almost inside his movement range. Lure out as many other units as you can and take them out first, then once you can't lure anyone else out have your strongest and fastest Magic user take on Gangrel. He uses a Levin Sword, which calculates damage based on Magic. So characters with high resistance will fare best. Pair Tharja up with someone who will raise her speed so she has a chance of striking twice, that might help you out.

Well Owain is said to be one of the best child characters, so by having Lissa and Donny get together, you have a superpowered monster on your hands and will likely cap his stats very early. I also had Cordelia and Lon'qu marry because the skills each of them get GREATLY benefits Severa's class.

I also pair up units based upon what their kid's class is. Such as having Sully and Kellam, Ricken and Maribelle, Miriel and Henry...
    I was wondering who to pair Donny with, ultimately it doesn't matter too much in terms of growths, since if i really want to cap I can grind a hell of a lot.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Just keep in mind he wont move until you're almost inside his movement range. Lure out as many other units as you can and take them out first, then once you can't lure anyone else out have your strongest and fastest Magic user take on Gangrel. He uses a Levin Sword, which calculates damage based on Magic. So characters with high resistance will fare best. Pair Tharja up with someone who will raise her speed so she has a chance of striking twice, that might help you out.
    I know, but it's hard to do because there's just so many units on the map and then more spawn and I'm underleveled and I guess I should probably grind more my guys are only like Lv. 12/13. I actually thought the win condition for the level was taking out Gangrel at first because of the pre-map dialogue, and I was able to kill him using just Anna and Tharja+Ari, but then I saw me not winning and realized I was screwed.

Tharja already hits twice most of the time, and when she doesn't my avatar rushes in to finish off the other guy, so lack of Speed isn't a problem for me.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Thing is on higher difficulties, if you move inside of a enemy's movement range, a group of enemies will move toward your location, not just the one. Strength by numbers I guess.

I hear Walhart and the Avatar make an incredible kid, they get access to that Conqueror exclusive skill, and don't they also get access to the Conqueror class?
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I hear Walhart and the Avatar make an incredible kid, they get access to that Conqueror exclusive skill, and don't they also get access to the Conqueror class?
    Everyone male can get access to the Conqueror class and it's skill. It requires a special item that is gotten as a reward from a currently unreleased DLC.

Everyone male can get access to the Conqueror class and it's skill. It requires a special item that is gotten as a reward from a currently unreleased DLC.
    Ah, I thought that DLC item was for the Demon Fighter class, not the Conqueror class.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

I know, but it's hard to do because there's just so many units on the map and then more spawn and I'm underleveled and I guess I should probably grind more my guys are only like Lv. 12/13. I actually thought the win condition for the level was taking out Gangrel at first because of the pre-map dialogue, and I was able to kill him using just Anna and Tharja+Ari, but then I saw me not winning and realized I was screwed.

Tharja already hits twice most of the time, and when she doesn't my avatar rushes in to finish off the other guy, so lack of Speed isn't a problem for me.
    Wait until there are no more reinforcements for your forward charge, otherwise you'll have units coming from the rear when on your stronger units will be up front taking the brunt from the bunch around Gangrel. As an alternative, you could also just rush in with whatever units can kill, by reducing the enemies number your greatly lower the risk to yourself. You could also back off your main force and just keep a few strong units up front using the forts and forests to your advantage. There's a lot to play off in that map.

Thing is on higher difficulties, if you move inside of a enemy's movement range, a group of enemies will move toward your location, not just the one. Strength by numbers I guess.
    Yeah but he's just playing on Normal. At least I'm assuming so, since he was new to the series.

Ah, I thought that DLC item was for the Demon Fighter class, not the Conqueror class.
    All the information I'm finding says you are correct. The Conqueror is exlusive to Walhart.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 19th February 2013 at 4:57 AM.

Yeah ignore me, I was being stupid when I posted that.

Annnnnnd I still can't get past chapter two on Lunatic.

Annnnnnd I still can't get past chapter two on Lunatic.
    Not sure I'll ever do Lunatic myself. I'm not masochistic. Hard is plenty fun while still offering a good challenge.

Not sure I'll ever do Lunatic myself. I'm not masochistic. Hard is plenty fun while still offering a good challenge.
    Me neither, I like a good challenge. Playing Lunatic+ is masochistic.

I guess that makes me masochistic. ;-)

That is, as after I get the game, play it once on Hard, play it again on Lunatic, and then play it on Lunatic+

I don't have the game yet...

I dunno, Lunatic is pretty masochistic. Lunatic+ sounds suicidal.

Well I've made it past chapter 2, which is an improvement. Unfortunately my playthrough's become Frederick Emblem, as in Frederick is the only one capable of doing anything.

Least I've unlocked the ability to trade items between characters, though it's not gonna help when I've got a knight as a boss and Freddy's broken his silver lance.
    Last edited by Recon; 19th February 2013 at 3:17 PM.

Well I've made it past chapter 2, which is an improvement. Unfortunately my playthrough's become Frederick Emblem, as in Frederick is the only one capable of doing anything.

Least I've unlocked the ability to trade items between characters, though it's not gonna help when I've got a general as a boss and Freddy's broken his silver lance.
    Only one more chapter and you can buy things from shops!

Only one more chapter and you can buy things from shops!
    Yeah, but what can I do against a knight without effective weapons? Really hope Hammers only require D-level proficiency...

EDIT: Alright! It does!

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    You are in luck my friend, because you can in fact buy both types of seals. There is no limit on how many you can buy, especially since it becomes ridiculously easy to amass gold later on.
    Really? That's a relief to hear. I had been cutting back a bit since I invaded the other country because I didn't get enough 'llions. Finally, all the Silver Weapons I want...

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

huh, Chapter 3 isn't all that bad on Lunatic, I was surprised it only took me two tries without anyone dying on me.

Now then...TIME TO GRIND LIKE HELL!

huh, Chapter 3 isn't all that bad on Lunatic, I was surprised it only took me two tries without anyone dying on me.

Now then...TIME TO GRIND LIKE HELL!
    Hey, that's cheating! :P

(I'm going to beat the game without grinding... or at least try to. I don't think grinding is right... It makes the game too easy. So even though you can say you beat Lunatic, it won't be a... legitimate "win.")

But then again, I'm strict with what I can or cannot do when it comes to Fire Emblem...

^Yes, yes you are. I am liberal with the grinding opportunities I take advantage of... Though I am but I Fire Emblem Virgin.

So, judging from comments, looks like you wait 'til 20 to class change.

I just got my first Second Seal, right before Chapter 6, and I was wondering what the heck I should do with it. Especially because every possible class change (those with Chrom, My Avatar, Virion, Lissa, and Lon'qu) seems to go in a direction I'd rather not head. I mean, Virion quits using bows if you make him a Wyvern Rider!

So, what happens if you wait until level 20?
    Last edited by chanseychansey77; 19th February 2013 at 6:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fireemblemfan4ever View Post
    Hey, that's cheating! :P

(I'm going to beat the game without grinding... or at least try to. I don't think grinding is right... It makes the game too easy. So even though you can say you beat Lunatic, it won't be a... legitimate "win.")

But then again, I'm strict with what I can or cannot do when it comes to Fire Emblem...
    Hah! Have fun playing with your lvl 20 Frederick for every level.

And even grinding is tough. Enemy mages have Bolganone, and enemies have silver weapons. It's no walk in the park either

^So... How does anyone beat Lunatic+?!?! I've seen somebody doing Lunatic. It was pairing up everybody with Fredrick and having him bust some heads. Even I know that is not the best choice for long-terminess...

Seriously, though. How does anyone do it?

Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    ^Yes, yes you are. I am liberal with the grinding opportunities I take advantage of... Though I am but I Fire Emblem Virgin.

So, judging from comments, looks like you wait 'til 20 to class change.

I just got my first Second Seal, right before Chapter 6, and I was wondering what the heck I should do with it. Especially because every possible class change (those with Chrom, My Avatar, Virion, Lissa, and Lon'qu) seems to go in a direction I'd rather not head. I mean, Virion quits using bows if you make him a Wyvern Rider!

So, what happens if you wait until level 20?
    Save your Second Seals for now. You mainly want to use them when you're working on getting skills for kids, i.e., changing the parents' classes to get the desired skills that you want to pass on to the kids. An example being using a second seal to change Lissa into a Dark Flier to pass Galeforce onto Owain.

Alternatively, save them for when a promoted unit has hit level 20, as it will revert them to level 1 no matter what you change them to (they can change to a promoted class if they're already promoted). Changing them to the same class will revert them to level 1, but not change their stats at all, meaning you get a chance to max out their stats if they fall short of the cap (which they often will).

So yeah, don't be in any rush to use a Second Seal. Save them for later, when their use will be most noticeable.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Page 85 of 222 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast