Page 86 of 224 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

  1. #2126
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    ^So... How does anyone beat Lunatic+?!?! I've seen somebody doing Lunatic. It was pairing up everybody with Fredrick and having him bust some heads. Even I know that is not the best choice for long-terminess...

    Seriously, though. How does anyone do it?
    Well after chapter 3, you get the ability to summon units on the map via wireless features so you can grind off those, that is if you beat chapter 3.

    Lunatic+, I would assume you'd have to be both really lucky and really skilled to even get past chapter 2.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  2. #2127
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    At Serenes Forest...
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Hah! Have fun playing with your lvl 20 Frederick for every level.

    And even grinding is tough. Enemy mages have Bolganone, and enemies have silver weapons. It's no walk in the park either
    Huh? Why will Frederick stay Lvl 20??? I'll just reclass him. Demote him. Whatever.
    I can do that without grinding~ ^^

    Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    ^Yes, yes you are. I am liberal with the grinding opportunities I take advantage of... Though I am but I Fire Emblem Virgin.

    So, judging from comments, looks like you wait 'til 20 to class change.

    I just got my first Second Seal, right before Chapter 6, and I was wondering what the heck I should do with it. Especially because every possible class change (those with Chrom, My Avatar, Virion, Lissa, and Lon'qu) seems to go in a direction I'd rather not head. I mean, Virion quits using bows if you make him a Wyvern Rider!

    So, what happens if you wait until level 20?
    Yeah, if you're new to Fire Emblem, you shouldn't be too self-imposing... that'd hurt. XD
    But I've been playing a decent amount... I started four years ago, so I sort of have expectations of myself. :P

    Oh, reclass Lissa!
    Make her a Pegasus Knight -> Dark Flier for Galeforce -> Owain with Galeforce.
    Super good~
    EDIT: Oh, wait... someone already said that. Heh, well, as they say, like minds think alike! XD

    EDIT 2:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Well after chapter 3, you get the ability to summon units on the map via wireless features so you can grind off those, that is if you beat chapter 3.

    Lunatic+, I would assume you'd have to be both really lucky and really skilled to even get past chapter 2.
    B-but... grinding is cheating...

    Yup, skill is definitely needed. You need to formulate the perfect strategies. Flawless.
    And even then, you need some luck. Like misses, enemies not having Luna+, and decent level-ups.

    Nothing is more satisfying than beating Lunatic (or Lunatic+) in Fire Emblem legitimately. As in, no grinding (only playing each DLC chapter once), no recruiting super strong Spotpass characters, and no recruiting former/friend avatars.

    Really, after beating Lunatic Reverse in FE12: Shin Monshou no Nazo, I felt... amazing. (Well, maybe not "amazing," but good, nonetheless.)
    Last edited by fireemblemfan4ever; 19th February 2013 at 8:38 PM.

  3. #2128

    Default

    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...d3TqpKPkXuTDQ1


    Thats what I got so far on lunatic.
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

  4. #2129
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    At Serenes Forest...
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Hi, someonewhodied!
    You are the someonewhodied I see on Serenes Forest, right...?

  5. #2130

    Default

    yes i am =P

    Also it seems on lunatic, skirmishes scale to the level of your highest level unit making them useless for powerlevelling unless everyone is around fredrick level.
    Last edited by someonewhodied; 19th February 2013 at 8:50 PM.
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

  6. #2131
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireemblemfan4ever View Post
    Huh? Why will Frederick stay Lvl 20??? I'll just reclass him. Demote him. Whatever.
    I can do that without grinding~ ^^
    Either way, you'll be using Freddy for almost all of the game. Lunatic is nothing to scoff at, even the knights can outspeed my units.

    Plus, grinding =/= cheating, its just another way of being able to strengthen your units for the upcoming battle, nothing wrong with it. Cheating is using hacks to get all your units to absurdly high levels and stats without fighting a single battle, or having a friend streetpass you with a team of high-lvl characters with no weapons, and proceeding to skirmish with them
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  7. #2132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Plus, grinding =/= cheating, its just another way of being able to strengthen your units for the upcoming battle, nothing wrong with it. Cheating is using hacks to get all your units to absurdly high levels and stats without fighting a single battle, or having a friend streetpass you with a team of high-lvl characters with no weapons, and proceeding to skirmish with them
    Agreed, I never understood the logic of saying grinding = cheating. It's well within the confines of the regular game mechanics, and doesn't abuse them or exploit any loopholes. If they didn't want you to be able to grind, they'd have eliminated the World Map and made it more like Rekka no Ken or something of the like.

    That said, minimizing or avoiding grinding entirely in order to increase your personal challenge factor for bragging rights is another story altogether, and one I can respect. I just think it's a little bit extreme to say it's cheating to grind.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  8. #2133
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    At Serenes Forest...
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Either way, you'll be using Freddy for almost all of the game. Lunatic is nothing to scoff at, even the knights can outspeed my units.

    Plus, grinding =/= cheating, its just another way of being able to strengthen your units for the upcoming battle, nothing wrong with it. Cheating is using hacks to get all your units to absurdly high levels and stats without fighting a single battle, or having a friend streetpass you with a team of high-lvl characters with no weapons, and proceeding to skirmish with them
    In my book, grinding is cheating. Grinding itself is hard, I agree. But that fact that you can do it to make the main game itself easier... doesn't appeal to me, which is why I don't want to do it... >_<

    As for using Frederick for most of the game... I haven't played the game yet, but I can tell you, if the game is anything like FE8 or FE12, I can do without those pre-promotes... Sirius, while necessary in the beginning, lagged behind the rest of my team towards the middle. Same went with Minerva... and other pre-promotes. And Seth in FE8 (I know, I know... FE8 is super easy, but this is just an example...), while also good, fell behind trainees and other units in the long run... by far.

    Yeah, I want to do a nothing-but-the-game-given-chapters-plus-each-DLC-one-time-only playthrough...
    Then I can brag. XD

    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Agreed, I never understood the logic of saying grinding = cheating. It's well within the confines of the regular game mechanics, and doesn't abuse them or exploit any loopholes. If they didn't want you to be able to grind, they'd have eliminated the World Map and made it more like Rekka no Ken or something of the like.

    That said, minimizing or avoiding grinding entirely in order to increase your personal challenge factor for bragging rights is another story altogether, and one I can respect. I just think it's a little bit extreme to say it's cheating to grind.
    All right... TO ME (and apparently only to me), grinding is cheating... It's not that I mind cheating (I will grind in my more leisurely playthroughs.), I just don't want to grind in at least one playthrough. One hard playthrough.

    Mostly for what you said: personal challenge and bragging rights. XD
    I love the difficulty of Fire Emblem, so an FE challenge always appeals to me.

    I eventually find the right strategies, so... I think I'll be able to make it.

    EDIT 2:
    Quote Originally Posted by someonewhodied View Post
    yes i am =P

    Also it seems on lunatic, skirmishes scale to the level of your highest level unit making them useless for powerlevelling unless everyone is around fredrick level.
    Hm... I don't see many other Serenes Forest-goers here on Serebii.net... which, of course, makes sense. Fire Emblem fans go to the Fire Emblem fansite to discuss... not to the Pokemon one. :P

    And then there are those like us who go to both! XD
    (In fact, I don't really go anywhere besides here on Serebii.net... Haha...)

    Anyway... yeah. Lunatic sounds hard. Lunatic+ sounds harder. They both sound fun.
    Last edited by fireemblemfan4ever; 19th February 2013 at 9:14 PM.

  9. #2134
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME ALIVE!!
    Posts
    208

    Default

    I just got an Aether crit on the final boss in Awakening. Which sorta sucked. I mean, I was really hoping for a long, grueling, difficult chapter. Oh well, time to play it again on Lunatic. I'm sure that'll be more difficult.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede
    Originally posted by razorrozar7
    Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor." He didn't say, "Love thy neighbor as long as they are straight, white, Christian, morally responsible individuals."
    Officially claimed Aht from Radiant Historia.

    Grammar: It's the difference between knowing your sh*t, and knowing you're sh*t.



  10. #2135
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireemblemfan4ever View Post
    Hey, that's cheating! :P
    Grinding isn't cheating at all. If you want to torture yourself by not grinding, feel free, but someone who does grind and beats Lunatic is no less of a person. I'd consider them much smarter, in fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moog2 View Post
    I just got an Aether crit on the final boss in Awakening. Which sorta sucked. I mean, I was really hoping for a long, grueling, difficult chapter. Oh well, time to play it again on Lunatic. I'm sure that'll be more difficult.
    Well if it has gone on any longer I think you'd regret it. It's best that you finished it fast.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  11. #2136
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireemblemfan4ever View Post
    In my book, grinding is cheating. Grinding itself is hard, I agree. But that fact that you can do it to make the main game itself easier... doesn't appeal to me, which is why I don't want to do it... >_<

    As for using Frederick for most of the game... I haven't played the game yet, but I can tell you, if the game is anything like FE8 or FE12, I can do without those pre-promotes... Sirius, while necessary in the beginning, lagged behind the rest of my team towards the middle. Same went with Minerva... and other pre-promotes. And Seth in FE8 (I know, I know... FE8 is super easy, but this is just an example...), while also good, fell behind trainees and other units in the long run... by far.

    Yeah, I want to do a nothing-but-the-game-given-chapters-plus-each-DLC-one-time-only playthrough...
    Then I can brag. XD
    Thing is, I'm the kind of person who likes to have multiple options present, so I like grinding.

    But in Lunatic, I can't even make a dent on a single enemy without Frederick around, which is why I grind.

    In hard, you prolly won't have to grind if you have a set group of units you sue in every chapter.

    And for the record, this game is nothing like FE8 in terms of skirmishes.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  12. #2137
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireemblemfan4ever View Post
    Hm... I don't see many other Serenes Forest-goers here on Serebii.net... which, of course, makes sense. Fire Emblem fans go to the Fire Emblem fansite to discuss... not to the Pokemon one. :P

    And then there are those like us who go to both! XD
    (In fact, I don't really go anywhere besides here on Serebii.net... Haha...)
    I lurk around, does that count?

    To be honest, I don't see a problem either way in terms of grinding. I'm aware that the more veteran players avoid grinding, DLC, Renown awards, and all the like, but that's veterans for you, just like we have the competitive community in Pokemon. I personally will avoid abusing grinding opportunities (the same usually goes for Pokemon), considering it's even possible to abuse on Lunatic, but I'll definitely attempt a skirmish if my tactics in the story chapters fail I feel my team needs a little boost.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia



  13. #2138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I lurk around, does that count?

    To be honest, I don't see a problem either way in terms of grinding. I'm aware that the more veteran players avoid grinding, DLC, Renown awards, and all the like, but that's veterans for you, just like we have the competitive community in Pokemon. I personally will avoid abusing grinding opportunities (the same usually goes for Pokemon), considering it's even possible to abuse on Lunatic, but I'll definitely attempt a skirmish if my tactics in the story chapters fail I feel my team needs a little boost.
    Bingo! At the end of the day, Fire Emblem is a game, and thus people are free to play it how they wish. So whether it's a matter of easy vs. lunatic+ (or anything in between), classic vs. casual, grinding vs. no grinding, it doesn't inherently make either way wrong. If people are playing it the way they want, and having fun doing it, then that's what matters.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  14. #2139

    Default

    Updated playlist with paralogue 1.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...d3TqpKPkXuTDQ1
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

  15. #2140
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A white Van with no windows...
    Posts
    3,840

    Default

    Lunatic stops being hard after you battle Lucina the 1st time, aka when my Donnel became a lv 15 Villager. The Underdog skill combined with the Potential skill pretty much guarantees I get good level ups with him, and he can dodge anything. I find the easiest strategy for Lunatic is to have 4-6 units you rely on, and use the extras on maps for healing, attracting enemies, and stopping spawns.

    Currently I have a few units that I always use. Chrom and the Avatar, married, Donnel and Lissa, Support A, Gregor, Panne and Stahl, they can rush into the center of maps, attract the enemies, and do heavy damage back. Any survivors get picked off by the lesser used units for EXP. It works wonders on Lunatic since the supports bring up dodge.

  16. #2141
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    At Serenes Forest...
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Hehe... I wasn't telling people to not grind~
    I was just saying... I, and a select few others, will play the game without grinding (at least once).
    I'll grind in my Hard Mode file, but that's because it's going to be easy anyway. And I'll do the grinding after I beat the game.

    Yeah, so like KillerDraco said, it's just a game, so as long as have fun playing it, it doesn't matter how you play.

  17. #2142
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireemblemfan4ever View Post
    I'll grind in my Hard Mode file, but that's because it's going to be easy anyway.
    It might surprise you.

    Just got to Chapter 5 on Hard and it's the first one I'll really have to think about. Those goddamn Wyvern Riders bumrushing.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  18. #2143
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    At Serenes Forest...
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It might surprise you.

    Just got to Chapter 5 on Hard and it's the first one I'll really have to think about. Those goddamn Wyvern Riders bumrushing.
    ...
    What I meant by easy is "I have to think, but not too much." XD

    Lunatic is "thinking a lot."

    And then there's Normal, where I can pretty much mindlessly put units anywhere and win... No offense to those of you who are newbies, by the way.

  19. #2144
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northwest England
    Posts
    4,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireemblemfan4ever View Post
    ...
    What I meant by easy is "I have to think, but not too much." XD

    Lunatic is "thinking a lot."

    And then there's Normal, where I can pretty much mindlessly put units anywhere and win... No offense to those of you who are newbies, by the way.
    To be honest, by the end of Sacred Stones I wanted to mindlessly put units in places and win. It got tiring having to spend several minutes each turn as if I was playing chess where you move all the pieces at once. Each chapter took about 2 hours in the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

  20. #2145
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    At Serenes Forest...
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    To be honest, by the end of Sacred Stones I wanted to mindlessly put units in places and win. It got tiring having to spend several minutes each turn as if I was playing chess where you move all the pieces at once. Each chapter took about 2 hours in the end.
    Really, most chapters took 1 hour at most for me...

    Buuut, yeah. I guess the easy difficulty appeals to some. Not to me. To some. Fine, a lot of people. =P

  21. #2146
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Graivty Falls, Oregon
    Posts
    394

    Default

    ^Well, it's just that we don't find it fun to be stuck in the same area days on end spending hours to beat one chapter is all... We wants to see the outcome of the plot... You can certainly enjoy it.

    Okay, so I got some guys to 20. Chrom, Lissa, Avatar, and Virion are all ready for a second seal. I noticed they have the option to be recursive, and be a Lord/Medic/Archer again. Should this be seriously considered?

    I mean, I kinda hate losing all Virion's skill in archery to him being a dragon rider man... But, it probably won't get me any new abilities.

    Also: I got the bunny girl (Panna, or something) to marry Lon'qu. Most awesome couple EVEEEEEEER. I'm not even going to bother with the selective breeding approach to Fire Emblem my first time around.

  22. #2147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    Okay, so I got some guys to 20. Chrom, Lissa, Avatar, and Virion are all ready for a second seal. I noticed they have the option to be recursive, and be a Lord/Medic/Archer again. Should this be seriously considered?
    That depends; are they still at their basic classes, or have you already promoted them? If they're promoted, you have nothing to gain by going back to their basic class, due to the stat caps being lowered. If they're not promoted, and you mean just going back to the class they're already at, then they will just revert them to level 1 without affecting their stats at all. Though you might want to hold out for Master Seals to promote them, if that's the case.

    The only time you want to go from a promoted class to a basic class is if you're looking for skills. Especially since a promoted unit at level 20, when using a second seal, can skip the basic class and reclass directly into the promoted class.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  23. #2148
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    0__0

    The male avatar and Tharja's B-rank skit...terrifying!

    I feel so stupid. I checked out the wireless features and selected Bonus Box and whoa, so much stuff! This requires downloading DLC but I feel like an idiot not finding it sooner!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  24. #2149
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurath8 View Post
    To be honest, by the end of Sacred Stones I wanted to mindlessly put units in places and win. It got tiring having to spend several minutes each turn as if I was playing chess where you move all the pieces at once. Each chapter took about 2 hours in the end.
    Depending on how you've played SS, as in, if you used the Tower, you should definitely be able to throw anyone anywhere and do fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I feel so stupid. I checked out the wireless features and selected Bonus Box and whoa, so much stuff! This requires downloading DLC but I feel like an idiot not finding it sooner!
    How could you just have found it now?


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  25. #2150
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Grinding isn't cheating at all. If you want to torture yourself by not grinding, feel free, but someone who does grind and beats Lunatic is no less of a person. I'd consider them much smarter, in fact.
    Grinding isn't cheating, yes. Besides, how else do you strengthen weaker characters for a game that focuses on character development? No, let them rot in the abyss of the never used.

    Hoenn has disappointed.

    P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Page 86 of 224 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096136186 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •