Page 87 of 223 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 5554

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Well, I've managed to start my Lunatic run, and OMG Chapter 2! That took me so long to figure out how to keep the enemies from a) targeting my other units and b) not getting Frederick killed (once he was hit by a 1% crit and 3% crit consecutively, so that clearly didn't end well). I eventually managed by pairing Chrom with Frederick , who have a support built up, and Frederick had Virion's Elixir. And after nearly 2 hours of attempts, I got Chapter 2 done. Now on Chapter 4, and it's bugging me how often 50% axe shots have been hitting my team. If I can just get that much luck, I may be able to win. Not even going to attempt Paralogue 1 just yet, since I imagine it must be awful.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

That depends; are they still at their basic classes, or have you already promoted them? If they're promoted, you have nothing to gain by going back to their basic class, due to the stat caps being lowered. If they're not promoted, and you mean just going back to the class they're already at, then they will just revert them to level 1 without affecting their stats at all. Though you might want to hold out for Master Seals to promote them, if that's the case.
    They are all the classes they were when I first recruited them. Tactician, Cleric, Lord, and Archer.

I do have two Master Seals. I was just concerned that I'd level up too quickly and lose alllll that potential stat growth...

But using them on my first couple of units to hit 20 is a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    They are all the classes they were when I first recruited them. Tactician, Cleric, Lord, and Archer.

I do have two Master Seals. I was just concerned that I'd level up too quickly and lose alllll that potential stat growth...

Definitely promote those you use the most with Master Seals, first and foremost. You can Second Seal others if you're worried about wasted EXP, and they'll probably hit their stat caps in their basic classes. In which case, once you get more Master Seals, you can promote them ASAP rather than waiting for them to hit 20 again.

To clarify: If a stat start being displayed in green instead of black on the bottom screen, that means that stat has been maxed. If most of the stats are maxed you can potentially use a Master Seal without them being at level 20, as the Master Seal will raise the caps on their maxed stats. Overall it's better to wait until level 20 regardless, but if you need the increase in power, and the stats are maxed anyway, there's no reason to needlessly wait.
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 21st February 2013 at 2:44 AM.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

If you're only concerned about capping stats, use your Second Seals after promotions. Promotion will give a better and more immediate benefit.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

^Wait, I thought a Second Seal caused a promotion. That's what it says on the FE wiki.

^Wait, I thought a Second Seal caused a promotion. That's what it says on the FE wiki.
    Not quite. Master's Seal is what causes promotions. Second Seal lets you change to another base class (i.e., Virion as an Archer can second seal into a Mage) , or if your unit is promoted and at level 10+, it can change to another promoted class (i.e., a level 10 Dark Flier can Second Seal into a Falcon Knight). No matter what though, using a Second Seal will drop your character down to level 1. You typically only use Second Seals for one of two purposes:

1) Changing classes to get skills from other classes,
    or
    2) Staying the same class but dropping down to level 1 in order to max out your stats

The latter works because if you use a Second Seal, but choose to "switch" to the same class that your character currently is, then the stats literally do not change, but the unit will still drop down to level 1. If you change to another class, though, it will alter the stats a bit.

Edit: Thanks for the correction
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 21st February 2013 at 3:54 AM.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Second Seal lets you change to another base class (i.e., Virion as an Archer can second seal into a Mage) , or if your unit is promoted and at level 20, it can change to another promoted class (i.e., a level 20 Dark Flier can Second Seal into a Falcon Knight). No matter what though, using a Second Seal will drop your character down to level 1.
    Small thing, if the unit is promoted and AT LEAST lvl 10, they can change into another promoted class, they don't have to be lvl 20.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

So Avatar and Tiki's reports imply that Marth and Chrom are also related to Seliph and Sigurd. Neat.

Alrighty then... Looks like I will strategically identify the weapons available to the promotions possible, promote a guy with my Master's Seal, and use second seals based on the weapons I know the other guys' promotions will end up using.

Thanks!

I'm getting closer to finishing Radiant Dawn...but...

Dragons everywhere...

Meep.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post

Dragons everywhere...

Meep.
    THUNDER SPELLS EVERYWHERE!

In other news, I'm reclassing and promoting like crazy for skills. Olivia is gonna be one OP swordsmaster
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    So Avatar and Tiki's reports imply that Marth and Chrom are also related to Seliph and Sigurd. Neat.
    I'd assume it's through Naga, since Seliph has relation to Tiki due to having Naga blood, and Marth probably has the same way of wielding the Falchion.

Dragons everywhere...

Meep.
    There's a way to make this chapter a LOT easier. Shame you have to prepare for it. From Part 2.

Dragons everywhere...

Meep.
    Yeah, that happens. Have fun.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    THUNDER SPELLS EVERYWHERE!

In other news, I'm reclassing and promoting like crazy for skills. Olivia is gonna be one OP swordsmaster
    Nonononononononononononononononononononononononono nononononononononoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Olivia's supposed to be a dancer, not a swordmaster...

Do promoted units reclassed into basic units still get lesser Exp?

Where do I find Elthunder? My MU isn't doing very well because he's still using Thunder and I want to give him an upgrade. I heard that Anna randomly appears with them but I haven't seen her in like three chapters anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Where do I find Elthunder? My MU isn't doing very well because he's still using Thunder and I want to give him an upgrade. I heard that Anna randomly appears with them but I haven't seen her in like three chapters anyway.
    Check here, and here.

Serenes Forest usually has the answers to your questions. (Especially if you're new to the game and don't know much... =P)

Hope this helps~

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    I'm not exactly sure on this, but I don't think so. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.)
    You could always test it out yourself, since it's good to demote for skills.

EXP is by some calculation between ratings, level, and class of your character and the opponent and that is added to/subtracted from the base EXP.

Edit: So yes it technically will reduce EXP still if your rating is still high enough.
    Last edited by someonewhodied; 21st February 2013 at 8:18 PM.
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Well, besides the possibility that a shop will turn up with them later in the game, your best bet is to play stages with magi with Elthunder. Hopefully, they'll then drop it when you defeat them, but make sure to be right next to them when they are defeated with the character you use (in other words, don't attack from afar. Get in close with a swordsman).

Then again, I haven't played the game for a week, sad to say. I do remember getting one or two that way, though, so it's worth a shot.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Yes, they definitely will. But as long as you don't mind grinding, it wont matter too much.

Is there any advantage to

Spoiler:- Marriage:

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Is there any advantage to

Spoiler:- Marriage:
    As far as I'm aware, all that accomplishes is missing out on skills from the Mother (though this is just an assumption, as I've not tried it myself). I haven't heard of any advantage, but then again I haven't really researched it either. This calls for Science!

There's definitely no advantage. It's best to have him marry who you decide.

W00t, I finished Radiant Dawn for the first time.

And now that things have settled down, I'll start my Hard/Maniac/Lunatic Mode playthrough on my Youtube account soon... Oh god, this is going to turn me into a masochist.

W00t, I finished Radiant Dawn for the first time.

And now that things have settled down, I'll start my Hard/Maniac/Lunatic Mode playthrough on my Youtube account soon... Oh god, this is going to turn me into a masochist.
    If you're going with Hard on Radiant Dawn, good luck! Greatly reduced EXP in general and no weapon triangles are a pain. Hope Edward learns to block axes with his face!

I've made it to Chapter 7 on my Lunatic run, and I'm glad I can rely a bit less on Frederick (I still need him for sure), but at least my Avatar and Chrom can fight a bit more reliably. I've resorted to a few Renown items, mainly the Spirit Dust, because both my Avatar and especially Lissa are getting RNG screwed like crazy. I used the Spirit Dust on Lissa so she could actually reach Maribelle/Ricken with Rescue in Chapter 5. :/
    Otherwise, I haven't used anything except a Celica's Gale I picked up to use against the awful Wyvern Rider reinforcements in Chapter 5. Grinding is still nigh impossible even with Frederick, so if I resort to that in the future, DLC is my easiest chance.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Page 87 of 223 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast