Page 88 of 223 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 5554

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    How could you just have found it now?
    I don't know!

Well, those downloadable maps sure are handy for grinding. Wish I didn't pair Nowi and Lon'qu, Nowi makes a strong Mage (and eventually Black Knight) and the offensive benefits don't help at all! Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    As far as I'm aware, all that accomplishes is missing out on skills from the Mother (though this is just an assumption, as I've not tried it myself). I haven't heard of any advantage, but then again I haven't really researched it either. This calls for Science!
    You avatar gives an all-around bonus so like Hydrohs said, it doesn't matter. Though, if you care, I would play to your benefits and if you chose to lower Str or Mag, go with someone who is better in the stat you didn't lower like Chrom or Miriel. If you lowered Def or Res, go with someone who excelsior in what you lowered like Kellam or Maribelle. The other stats, not so much, take your pick but if you had to choose for a stronger outcome, choose someone who can wield both a standard weapon along with a tomb such as Tharja (as a Dark Knight).
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 22nd February 2013 at 3:00 AM. Reason: Guys, is Fire Emblem breeding more complicated than Pokémon breeding?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Yes, they definitely will. But as long as you don't mind grinding, it wont matter too much.
    The thing is, I mind grinding.

I'll probably Second Seal most of my guys back to Lv. 1 of the classes they're in to get some more stat boosts before Master Sealing them (I'm up to Chapter 16 now, and quite a few of my guys have hit 20). I was considering temporarily making Virion into a Wyvern Rider for some of those Skills, then changing back to Archer and promoting from there to Sniper. Are there Pegasi in later levels, though (or their promotions)? Wyverns I can handle with Wind, but I'd be more comfortable against Pegasi with a Bow guy.

Then again, I could always reclass Chrom or Lucina...

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    The thing is, I mind grinding.

I'll probably Second Seal most of my guys back to Lv. 1 of the classes they're in to get some more stat boosts before Master Sealing them (I'm up to Chapter 16 now, and quite a few of my guys have hit 20). I was considering temporarily making Virion into a Wyvern Rider for some of those Skills, then changing back to Archer and promoting from there to Sniper. Are there Pegasi in later levels, though (or their promotions)? Wyverns I can handle with Wind, but I'd be more comfortable against Pegasi with a Bow guy.

Then again, I could always reclass Chrom or Lucina...
    There are a couple Peg Knights, but you'll most be dealing with their promotes, which are Falcon Knights. Still weak against Bows.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

So the last equipped skill is passed onto the child correct? I did not know that at the time and ended up with an Owain that has Heal +5, yay?

I will have Morgan get Galeforce then.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    So the last equipped skill is passed onto the child correct? I did not know that at the time and ended up with an Owain that has Heal +5, yay?

I will have Morgan get Galeforce then.
    Ouch, that's rough. Owain's one of the best units in the game no less, so sucks to have him miss out on Galeforce ' x '

But yeah, the last equipped skill will be passed.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

There are a couple Peg Knights, but you'll most be dealing with their promotes, which are Falcon Knights. Still weak against Bows.
    How many are there, though? I know

Spoiler:- Spoiler Territ'ry:

You wouldn't believe how often I've mistyped Virion as Virizion. Damn Pokeymon.

Somebody draw that!

As for grinding, DLC!

Call me hasty but I used the Master Seal on Maribelle. I don't care, just being unable to attack was horrid! Speaking of her, she and Henry are a couple. Maribelle looked like a tomato!

How many are there, though? I know

Spoiler:- Spoiler Territ'ry:

I think it's enough to warrant it, Archers are always useful. It's good to have someone other than magic users that can do good ranged damage. You could always promote him to Bow Knight if you'd like some extra flexibility with him.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I just found out, the enemies in the Golden Gaffe wont attack, only counter attacks you start. They also can pass through you to escape. Either way it makes the Gaffe a great way to grind for EXP and gold while waiting on the EXPontential Growth DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I just found out, the enemies in the Golden Gaffe wont attack, only counter attacks you start. They also can pass through you to escape. Either way it makes the Gaffe a great way to grind for EXP and gold while waiting on the EXPontential Growth DLC.
    You say to start, does that mean at some point they will take an offensive stance?

You say to start, does that mean at some point they will take an offensive stance?
    Not that I've seen. They start at the top of the battlefield, and then move south every turn, ignoring your units. I assume that if they reach the bottom, they escape, thus causing you to miss out on their gold and EXP.

I say assume because I haven't tried letting any get to the bottom yet. Then again, I've only played the map once.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Yup the risen are focused only on escaping.they move south until they escape. The beserkers and druids carry the most gold, but also have the strongest weapons.

Not that I've seen. They start at the top of the battlefield, and then move south every turn, ignoring your units. I assume that if they reach the bottom, they escape, thus causing you to miss out on their gold and EXP.

I say assume because I haven't tried letting any get to the bottom yet. Then again, I've only played the map once.
    You have 5 turns to beat as many of the enemies as you can. They will never initiate an attack on you (it's why they all have special abilities to walk through people) and will always head straight for the bottom. On the final turn they'll escape. Still counts as a victory for the map, though.

Same thing for the EXPonential Growth map, but with 4 turns and they can't walk through you.
    By the way the EXPonential Growth map is up. It's not for individual sale on the shop yet, but if you bought the pack you can play it.

Interesting, that's good for levelling up weaker units, especially if they can attack with range.

EXPonential Growth is the same thing as Golden Gaffe, except you have 4 turns to kill as much as many Entombed as you can. They won't attack but will counterattack. Most of them have some -breaker skill, while the lvl 30 ones have counter, so be careful which ones you attack.

AMAZING Exp though.
    Last edited by Recon; 23rd February 2013 at 1:03 AM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I think it's enough to warrant it, Archers are always useful. It's good to have someone other than magic users that can do good ranged damage. You could always promote him to Bow Knight if you'd like some extra flexibility with him.
    Well, when it comes to dealing with flying units, I've always preferred Wind Magic to deal with that. Of course, they don't tend to have enough defense unless they're Dark Mages, but Archers are much less appealing to me without RD's Double Bow. Not that I don't use them, but they're much less common on my teams.

Also, to anyone who has more experience in Lunatic Mode, I have a Second Seal, and I've been wondering if I should be using it to make Lissa a Pegasus Knight so Owain can get Galeforce. If so, should I be using it as soon as Lissa reaches lv. 10? I'm leaning more towards a "definitely," but I'm worried that reclassing my most reliable healer might prove problematic. I do have Maribelle, but I'm still dubious on if I should hastily make that decision.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Well, when it comes to dealing with flying units, I've always preferred Wind Magic to deal with that. Of course, they don't tend to have enough defense unless they're Dark Mages, but Archers are much less appealing to me without RD's Double Bow. Not that I don't use them, but they're much less common on my teams.
    I only ever have one, no real need to have any more than that and there's usually not more than one good Bow user anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    EXPonential Growth is the same thing as Golden Gaffe, except you have 4 turns to kill as much as many Entombed as you can. They won't attack but will counterattack. Most of them have some -breaker skill, while the lvl 30 ones have counter, so be careful which ones you attack.

AMAZING Exp though.
    I honestly like Golden Gaffe for EXP more.
    In EXPonential Growth, everything is so spread out and the entombed have far more annoying abilities (Counter is the biggie, Miracle, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I honestly like Golden Gaffe for EXP more.
    In EXPonential Growth, everything is so spread out and the entombed have far more annoying abilities (Counter is the biggie, Miracle, etc)
    Yeah, same. I hate the fact that you start so far away from them, and have to spend a turn just closing the distance. Incidentally, I don't think it's possible to kill all of the Entombed before they escape unless you have at least two units with Galeforce due to how few units you get. But I've been wrong before, so don't hold me to that statement.

Yeah, same. I hate the fact that you start so far away from them, and have to spend a turn just closing the distance. Incidentally, I don't think it's possible to kill all of the Entombed before they escape unless you have at least two units with Galeforce due to how few units you get. But I've been wrong before, so don't hold me to that statement.
    Maybe if you had a long bow and a bunch of archers, and maybe everyone loaded up on boots, but that sounds about right.
    At the very least you're only going to clear one row, assuming you bring in the two units on the left & right columns together.

Meanwhile Gaffe has so many enemies so close together with a wide range of classes & levels. And you don't waste a turn going up since the upper tier gives just enough room to get a kill or two in.
    Entombed may give more EXP per kill, but you can very easily (well, relatively speaking) clear out the entire map and you can always feed the promoted units to weaker units.

Oh well, at least the dialog is cute.

Speaking of training...Donnell and Olivia...it's like I pumped them with steroids!

Spoiler:- Donnel:
        Spoiler:- Olivia:

[QUOTE=ParaChomp;15735202]Speaking of training...Donnell and Olivia...it's like I pumped them with steroids!

Spoiler:- Donnel:

I'm actually surprised your Donnel is so weak.

Wait, Donnel actually gets good? I never bothered leveling him past the first few levels because he was doing terribly and when everyone said he was fantastic I thought they were joking.

I've made a terrible mistake.

He has fantastic growths due to Aptitude, but in my opinion, his final results could be better. Don't get me wrong; he can be a fabulous unit. But there are some good alternatives.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede
    Originally posted by razorrozar7
    Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor." He didn't say, "Love thy neighbor as long as they are straight, white, Christian, morally responsible individuals."
    Officially claimed Aht from Radiant Historia.

Grammar: It's the difference between knowing your sh*t, and knowing you're sh*t.

For me, Donnel's main selling point is getting busy with Lissa, ensuring that Owain has a luck stat of 51. Thus, with Armsthrift, his weapons will literally never break.

Page 88 of 223 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast