Page 93 of 224 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    In Path of Radiance, if you faced a flame lance with a bolt axe, would the bolt axe have double bonuses?

Axe beats lance, and thunder beats fire.
    No, only the weapon triangle applies. Your Anima triangle does not.

Got Chrom married to Olivia, she didn't get her own little scene like Sumia did. For a second I'd thought that all my dancing for him was in vain and he'd married the nameless village girl.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

This thread is intimidating o-o.

Anywho, picked up the very last copy of FE at the local Gamestop a few days ago. I felt kind of bad because it was a copy that the employee had set aside for himself. The game is tons of fun and I feel bad for not following the franchise more. The last FE game I played was for the GBA I think. I know it had Florina in it because I remember I was enthralled with Pegasus Knights. I haven't really worked my way around the marriage system and class system yet. Chrom and Sumia are the only ones married at the moment. I did that moreso because of how cute I thought they were rather than any real benefits, but they are pretty beast in battle together. I'm doing it on normal/casual mode since I'm pretty much new to the franchise. I screwed up and didn't level Donnel during his chapter so missed out on a really good addition :l

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Is it just me or do archers and their promotes get the worst skills in this game? They only good one I see is Bowfaire, and that's only if you plan on continuously using a bow, which is only useful for characters like Virion.
    So, you know, they get really good skills for, you know, their class. Which is sort of how they were designed xD

I actually changed Tharja into an Archer and then Sniper to benefit from the extra Skill and the hitrate skills, since her's was low and Dark Magic has terrible accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    Anywho, picked up the very last copy of FE at the local Gamestop a few days ago. I felt kind of bad because it was a copy that the employee had set aside for himself. The game is tons of fun and I feel bad for not following the franchise more. The last FE game I played was for the GBA I think. I know it had Florina in it because I remember I was enthralled with Pegasus Knights
    That would FE7, the first one released outside of Japan.

If you're not too far in I would highly recommend restarting for Donnel, especially where you're new he'll be invaluable to your team.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    I'm doing it on normal/casual mode since I'm pretty much new to the franchise. I screwed up and didn't level Donnel during his chapter so missed out on a really good addition :l
    Haha! Welcome to Fire Emblem! I'm fairly new myself, I was introduced to it last year through FE8, the game that came after the game you first played.

If you haven't saved your game yet, I highly advise that you restart so you could get Donnel, but if you didn't, I would just carry on with the game and try getting him again in the future with a different file.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

So I guess I'm the odd one out here, you guys. Am I the only one who pairs people up based on how compatible I find their personalities rather than "OMG this child with these parents produce the best outputs!"? Okay, so I'm new to the franchise and I digitally downloaded this game after being enthralled with the demo. Has it already been two weeks? Guys, tell me...what does the sun look like again?

Now I know what you guys are thinking: "But who did you end up marrying?!" Well, for my first run-through, my unit (Alistair) ended up marrying Anna because she can only marry Alistair and tricksters are awesome and I wanted all that extra evasion and I just really thought that a girl like Anna would be good for Alistair (I didn't know about her love of money at the time). In my second playthrough, my unit (Kaidan) married Miriel because I thought the overuse of big words was charming. Kaidan ended up being a magic (ab)user as well, so yeah. And because I know you want to know, Chrom married Maribelle on the first run because I don't know, maybe her support was higher? I didn't know about the forced marriage so that took me by surprise. Chrom married Sully in the second run because I'm a sucker for "childhood friendship becomes more" romance. FYI, both runs are casual/normal because I don't care HOW Fire Emblem's supposed to be played, I don't want to have team members permanently die on me!

Also, I guess I'm unusual in that I had pretty good luck with axe users and especially Vaike. Also, in my first run, I didn't know about Donny's overpoweredness, and I found it too much work to level him in his debut, so I missed out on him. And Gaius ran torso-first into someone's sword, so I didn't get him as well. And Libra had a deathwish, so no him either.

So I guess here's a question to keep things going. What body build did you give My Unit? Did you go for realistically colored hair or something outlandish? I gave both of mine the adult build and purple/light purple hair (makes him stand out more in cutscenes).

Credit for picture: "Emma" (littlebuster-k2); Credit for signature: 9dragonsbreed
    So you should expect the truth from me. Only, you shouldn't expect it to be the truth you assumed.
    Oh yes, and you should read my story Happenings Between Goals.

Quote Originally Posted by The Teller View Post
    So I guess I'm the odd one out here, you guys. Am I the only one who pairs people up based on how compatible I find their personalities rather than "OMG this child with these parents produce the best outputs!"? Okay, so I'm new to the franchise and I digitally downloaded this game after being enthralled with the demo. Has it already been two weeks? Guys, tell me...what does the sun look like again?

Now I know what you guys are thinking: "But who did you end up marrying?!" Well, for my first run-through, my unit (Alistair) ended up marrying Anna because she can only marry Alistair and tricksters are awesome and I wanted all that extra evasion and I just really thought that a girl like Anna would be good for Alistair (I didn't know about her love of money at the time). In my second playthrough, my unit (Kaidan) married Miriel because I thought the overuse of big words was charming. Kaidan ended up being a magic (ab)user as well, so yeah. And because I know you want to know, Chrom married Maribelle on the first run because I don't know, maybe her support was higher? I didn't know about the forced marriage so that took me by surprise. Chrom married Sully in the second run because I'm a sucker for "childhood friendship becomes more" romance. FYI, both runs are casual/normal because I don't care HOW Fire Emblem's supposed to be played, I don't want to have team members permanently die on me!

Also, I guess I'm unusual in that I had pretty good luck with axe users and especially Vaike. Also, in my first run, I didn't know about Donny's overpoweredness, and I found it too much work to level him in his debut, so I missed out on him. And Gaius ran torso-first into someone's sword, so I didn't get him as well. And Libra had a deathwish, so no him either.

So I guess here's a question to keep things going. What body build did you give My Unit? Did you go for realistically colored hair or something outlandish? I gave both of mine the adult build and purple/light purple hair (makes him stand out more in cutscenes).
    Well, I'd guess a lot of newcomers would pair whoever with whoever. Whatever goes. More serious players, like me, just care about output, since that's particularly important in the harder difficulties. Normal-Classic isn't all that challenging anyway, so any setup would do just fine.

When I finally get the game, I wonder if I should take it easy and go Hard-Classic, or let my Fire-Emblem-Veteren-ness get the better of me and immediately go Lunatic-Classic.

*sigh*

Decisions, decisions...

Anyway, it's so cool to see new FE fans.
    Too bad most of them got introduced to the series by either Awakening or the ambassador program...

I tried Lunatic, then gave up when I realized everything doubles you from the start of the game, unless your name is Frederick. Even looking at stats I saw that it's often doubled from Hard mode, so I went with hard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by fireemblemfan4ever View Post
    Too bad most of them got introduced to the series by either Awakening or the ambassador program...
    Color me confused, but why is that too bad? Aside from being spoiled on the enhanced Support System and such making prior games seem worse in comparison, anyway-
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by fireemblemfan4ever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Color me confused, but why is that too bad? Aside from being spoiled on the enhanced Support System and such making prior games seem worse in comparison, anyway-
    I have the same question. Not sure why its bad that people got into the series by playing games from the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    I tried Lunatic, then gave up when I realized everything doubles you from the start of the game, unless your name is Frederick. Even looking at stats I saw that it's often doubled from Hard mode, so I went with hard instead.
    Yup, that almost turned me away from Lunatic, though now I've come to the point where I can actually double enemies, though Chrom is a little on the slow side. I always have the Marth DLC, though that's it. Skirmishes are never going to happen, not because I'm some hardcore veteran, but since they are just downright impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I have the same question. Not sure why its bad that people got into the series by playing games from the series.
    Yeah, better that it's not something frustrating or stupid hard that would turn them away from the series, like FE5 or FE6, but that's a moot point since they aren't available outside Japan anyway.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I need some suggestions folks. What skill loadout should I get for my male avatar? There's just too many options. I was thinking something like Swordfaire, Tomefaire, Astra, Ignis and Lethality. What have some of you guys gone with?

Know what's a hard Parable? Yarne's if you don't choose either side. 48 enemies all of the sudden! I stayed clumped down in the woods they start you in and had my best units form a wall and my ranged units hitting from the other side with healers in the center.

I need some suggestions folks. What skill loadout should I get for my male avatar? There's just too many options. I was thinking something like Swordfaire, Tomefaire, Astra, Ignis and Lethality. What have some of you guys gone with?
    I've played around with having either Renewal or Sol to make the Male Avatar a bit more... self sufficient. Being able to heal yourself is a nice touch, and I'd personally opt for it over Lethality. As much as I love Lethality, it has a knack for activating at the most pointless times for me (i.e., when a normal attack would finish the enemy anyway). Then again, I'm still playing around with skills too, trying to find what works best.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Know what's a hard Parable? Yarne's if you don't choose either side. 48 enemies all of the sudden! I stayed clumped down in the woods they start you in and had my best units form a wall and my ranged units hitting from the other side with healers in the center.
    I can empathize, I did that option too. It was absolutely brutal, but at the same time, it was an EXP gold mine. Had a few near death scares, but I'd say it was worth it.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

I've played around with having either Renewal or Sol to make the Male Avatar a bit more... self sufficient. Being able to heal yourself is a nice touch, and I'd personally opt for it over Lethality. As much as I love Lethality, it has a knack for activating at the most pointless times for me (i.e., when a normal attack would finish the enemy anyway). Then again, I'm still playing around with skills too, trying to find what works best.
    The problem I have with Renewal is that I have to go through a period where I can only gain Exp by using staves, which is a major pain in the ***.

The problem I have with Renewal is that I have to go through a period where I can only gain Exp by using staves, which is a major pain in the ***.
    Not necessarily. You can reclass directly into War Monk if you use a second seal on an already promoted class that's at level 10 or higher. You can skip the Priest Class altogether and Axe it up until you get Renewal.

I went a more defensive route with my male avatar: Pavise, Aegis, Astra, Ignis, Rally Spectrum.

Astra and Ignis are there if he should kill something, however, he's better a support unit due to Rally Spectrum being such an useful support skill. Pavise and Aegis are there in case he needs to take a couple hits and they have pretty good activation rates.

If this was a Fem MC however, I'd use the following: Galeforce, Astra, Tomefaire, Mag +2, Ignis.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

So I guess I'm the odd one out here, you guys. Am I the only one who pairs people up based on how compatible I find their personalities rather than "OMG this child with these parents produce the best outputs!"
    I paired Sully with Virion because I just liked how Virion was a wealthy and regal man who had his eyes on a harsh woman. I also married Lissa to Frederick because I really liked how Frederick was Lissa's first crush. I ended up marrying Sumia because she was the only one left before the chapter Chrom gets married, and I found the "happily ever after" conversation in the S Support really sweet, now I could never imagine myself not marrying her in a future file...

Safari:

So I guess I'm the odd one out here, you guys. Am I the only one who pairs people up based on how compatible I find their personalities rather than "OMG this child with these parents produce the best outputs!"?
    I have Ricken + Nowi and Chrom + Sumia for that reason.
    I just used the default MU with a different set of eyes and brown hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    I went a more defensive route with my male avatar: Pavise, Aegis, Astra, Ignis, Rally Spectrum.

Astra and Ignis are there if he should kill something, however, he's better a support unit due to Rally Spectrum being such an useful support skill. Pavise and Aegis are there in case he needs to take a couple hits and they have pretty good activation rates.

If this was a Fem MC however, I'd use the following: Galeforce, Astra, Tomefaire, Mag +2, Ignis.
    I might go with what I decided but use Rally Spectrum instead of Lethality, less grinding that way.

That's the same as asking how a Silver Sword is.
    I meant the transformations.

The undead soldiers, I beat them and Aversa without losing a single man (I so proud). Speaking of the corpses, I have another pointless question. Were the names of the risen soldiers the same as characters in previous instalments of the franchise?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post

The undead soldiers, I beat them and Aversa without losing a single man (I so proud). Speaking of the corpses, I have another pointless question. Were the names of the risen soldiers the same as characters in previous instalments of the franchise?
    I believe it's a nod to the Deadlords of FE5, if memory serves.

They shouldn't be any different, they're just stronger Stones so that your Taguels and Manaketes don't get left behind by units who can equip stronger weapons.

I might go with what I decided but use Rally Spectrum instead of Lethality, less grinding that way.
    I'd definitely go with Rally Spectrum, since it's a total lifesaver on higher difficulties, especially from a supportive standpoint. I also find Sol to be a great addition, since activation rate is about as reliable as Ignis.

I believe it's a nod to the Deadlords of FE5, if memory serves.
    Yeah, that's right, from FE4 and FE5, though I'm a little sad to see their names aren't still the numbers 1 to 12 in German(I think that was it). Yeah, these names aren't worse or anything, but I liked their old names as well.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

I'm trying to reclass everybody so they could increase their stats, and so I made Gaius a Fighter, since I already have other Myrmidons, and I have to say, he's actually not that bad. He works as a glass cannon. His Str is extremely high and he always doubles, the only problem is his Defense, though he mostly avoids attacks because of his Spd, he also keeps dealing critical hits.

Safari:

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I'd definitely go with Rally Spectrum, since it's a total lifesaver on higher difficulties, especially from a supportive standpoint. I also find Sol to be a great addition, since activation rate is about as reliable as Ignis.
    Hmm.... Maybe Sol instead of Astra then, Astra is nice but being able to heal is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    I'm trying to reclass everybody so they could increase their stats, and so I made Gaius a Fighter, since I already have other Myrmidons, and I have to say, he's actually not that bad. He works as a glass cannon. His Str is extremely high and he always doubles, the only problem is his Defense, though he mostly avoids attacks because of his Spd, he also keeps dealing critical hits.
    Skill is what affects your avoid rate, Speed is only used for factoring in how many times you will attack/get attacked. I did the same thing, wanted to give him Counter. As a level 15 Warrior his stats are quite ridiculous.

Page 93 of 224 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast