Page 94 of 223 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 5567

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

On the mention of Counter, I only just realized that, if Counter kills a foe without you attacking them (i.e., they attack you, and the ensuing counter kills them before you can land a hit in retaliation), then you don't get EXP. I was mildly disappointed.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Skill is what affects your avoid rate, Speed is only used for factoring in how many times you will attack/get attacked. I did the same thing, wanted to give him Counter. As a level 15 Warrior his stats are quite ridiculous.
    Uh... Did you mean speed affects your avoid rate?
    Skill affects the hit and critical hit rates.

Speed affects whether you double or get doubled, and avoid, which is (SPD*3+LCK)/2.
    (Source)

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Color me confused, but why is that too bad? Aside from being spoiled on the enhanced Support System and such making prior games seem worse in comparison, anyway-
    I have the same question. Not sure why its bad that people got into the series by playing games from the series.
    I mean, I'm glad they got into the series and all, but those two games were the ones sort of, well, forced. SS was an ambassador game. Awakening was pushed a lot. (THERE WAS EVEN A COMMERCIAL! *GASP*)

They didn't find out about Fire Emblem on their own... they didn't see Fire Emblem as good game... Only now they do... after being more submersed into the gameplay.

But then again, without Super Smash Bros., the ambassador program, and Awakening, the FE fanbase would be much much smaller.

Proud to say that I'm not one of those people who was introduced through the above reasons. I found out myself. ::smugface::
    Last edited by fireemblemfan4ever; 28th February 2013 at 4:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fireemblemfan4ever View Post

I mean, I'm glad they got into the series and all, but those two games were the ones sort of, well, forced. SS was an ambassador game. Awakening was pushed a lot. (THERE WAS EVEN A COMMERCIAL! *GASP*)

They didn't find out about Fire Emblem on their own... they didn't see Fire Emblem as good game... Only now they do... after being more submersed into the gameplay.

But then again, without Super Smash Bros., the ambassador program, and Awakening, the FE fanbase would be much much smaller.

Proud to say that I'm not one of those people who was introduced through the above reasons. I found out myself. ::smugface::
    Again, I fail to see how that's a bad thing. It doesn't matter how a person is introduced to a series, as long as they choose to play it. It doesn't matter whether the person found out via a commercial, discovered it through Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl, read about Rekka no Ken in Nintendo Power, or anything in between; no way of discovering/getting into the series is inherently better or worse than any other. If anything, I'd think it's a good thing that they're marketing the games more, such that it allows the fanbase to be bigger.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Speed affects whether you double or get doubled, and avoid, which is (SPD*3+LCK)/2.
    (Source)

EDIT:

Are you really that desparate for some petty elitism? You're criticizing people for how they were introduced to the series. How would you prefer they discovered it? The game simply appeared in their 3DS or maybe their NES or GBA? You seem to think there's a problem with advertising a product, and then people buying the product and loving it. Although, if you keep this shit up, maybe people will less likely to be part of a community surrounding the series and just play it on their lonesome.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Why does it matter if SS or Awakening were their first games in the series? They're not multiplayer games so it's not like you have to play it with them anyway, and as long as the gameplay isn't suffering then it doesn't hurt anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Why does it matter if SS or Awakening were their first games in the series? They're not multiplayer games so it's not like you have to play it with them anyway, and as long as the gameplay isn't suffering then it doesn't hurt anything.
    Popular opinion on SS (not sure about awakening) is that is it is the most 'casual' of all the games.

How dare those pitiful scrubs play the games most easily available to them.

They didn't find out about Fire Emblem on their own...
    How dare those lifeless wussies not actively research strategy JRPGs when looking for games to play on their own. Only casuals bother watching commercials and reading reviews to find out about products.

they didn't see Fire Emblem as good game... Only now they do... after being more submersed into the gameplay.
    How dare those uncultured beatniks refuse to judge games they haven't played yet.

And at the end of the day, you're a better person because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    Popular opinion on SS (not sure about awakening) is that is it is the most 'casual' of all the games.
    God forbid a game is accessible.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 28th February 2013 at 9:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I meant the transformations.

The undead soldiers, I beat them and Aversa without losing a single man (I so proud). Speaking of the corpses, I have another pointless question. Were the names of the risen soldiers the same as characters in previous instalments of the franchise?

Old deadlord names: German 1-12
    New deadlord names: Chinese Zodiac animal taxons (Draco is for dragon)

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

...Why does my Shadow Dragon Bonus Team only have Navarre?

On the mention of Counter, I only just realized that, if Counter kills a foe without you attacking them (i.e., they attack you, and the ensuing counter kills them before you can land a hit in retaliation), then you don't get EXP. I was mildly disappointed.
    That is pretty lame.

Yup. Another case of me remembering what I'd read incorrectly.

They did find out about it on their own, everyone has to be introduced to something somehow.

Are you really that desparate for some petty elitism?
    Glad I'm not the only one who's been noticing this behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsy95 View Post
    I'd say Awakening is the most 'casual'.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    ...Why does my Shadow Dragon Bonus Team only have Navarre?
    They all start out small, it will grow as time goes on. Just like all the other teams.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

They all start out small, it will grow as time goes on. Just like all the other teams.
    No, I mean when I downloaded the set of Shadow Dragon Bonus Teams, his was the only one that appeared. I have complete sets of the other Bonus Teams, and his team is complete. It's just that, well, I kinda would've liked the other nine.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    No, I mean when I downloaded the set of Shadow Dragon Bonus Teams, his was the only one that appeared. I have complete sets of the other Bonus Teams, and his team is complete. It's just that, well, I kinda would've liked the other nine.
    I never paid much attention to it before, but I always only received one team when they released new Bonus Box Teams and the others just appeared in time. For example, I've only got Caeda for Shadow Dragon. Maybe there's some glitch with it or something?

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I'd say Awakening is the most 'casual'.
    I'd sort of agree, simply because Awakening allows for Casual Mode. I'd call Awakening the most universal; it has something for everyone, regardless of skill levels. New to the series? Casual mode. Played a few before, but not quite mastered it? Normal/Hard, classic mode. Pretty much the master of the games, and want to do a masochistic difficult challenge? Lunatic mode.

I like that about Awakening. It's very inclusive in that respect.

Yeah, Bonus Box teams download over time over SpotPass. So, you'll notice tomorrow that you'll have like, 4 teams from Shadow Dragon, and that will steadily grow given more time. It just takes a little bit is all.
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.

Yeah, Bonus Box teams download over time over SpotPass. So, you'll notice tomorrow that you'll have like, 4 teams from Shadow Dragon, and that will steadily grow given more time. It just takes a little bit is all.
    Ah, that makes sense. The Update Now function is a little misleading. By using it I expect to get everything that's been released.

Don't worry, you're not the only one.

If there was anything bad that sprouted from Fire Emblem being in Super Smash Bros. it would be the ridiculous amount of Marth and Ike fanfiction out there...

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

I'd sort of agree, simply because Awakening allows for Casual Mode. I'd call Awakening the most universal; it has something for everyone, regardless of skill levels. New to the series? Casual mode. Played a few before, but not quite mastered it? Normal/Hard, classic mode. Pretty much the master of the games, and want to do a masochistic difficult challenge? Lunatic mode.

I like that about Awakening. It's very inclusive in that respect.
    I don't think it's fair to call Awakening the most casual, since it does come free with Axe Sharpening Simulator 2013, otherwise known as Lunatic+, despite the fact that it also includes casual mode.

SS and FE7 were pretty easy.

I don't think it's fair to call Awakening the most casual, since it does come free with Axe Sharpening Simulator 2013, otherwise known as Lunatic+, despite the fact that it also includes casual mode.

Awakening is the most casual, it just also has a mode that's very difficult. It's got a good variety.

That's why I said it's the most universal. It has the potential to appeal to both ends of the spectrum; the very casual, and the very hardcore. It CAN be the most casual, but it can also be the most insane. It's got something for everyone!

Seems like Counter would lose usefulness as your characters get better defensive stats later on, so that is disappointing. Especially with how much I despise the skill with random Warriors killing my stronger units.

I'm noticing a pattern with my Spotpass team distribution. Every time a new team is distributed, the first one available for me is always the character that is usually not recruitable in that respective game (the bad guy). So my first one for Shadow Dragon is Gharnef. I know it's completely random for everyone, but am I the only one experiencing any pattern, out of curiosity? And has anyone else done the new Paralogue?
        Spoiler:- Paralogue 19:
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Seems like Counter would lose usefulness as your characters get better defensive stats later on, so that is disappointing. Especially with how much I despise the skill with random Warriors killing my stronger units.
    It doesn't matter much to me, since I'm mostly grinding because I like to have my merry band of gods among men that are unbeatable, and since they're so much higher levelled than the enemies they get very little experience anyway.

It doesn't matter much to me, since I'm mostly grinding because I like to have my merry band of gods among men that are unbeatable, and since they're so much higher levelled than the enemies they get very little experience anyway.
    Oh, definitely. After getting trained up, it doesn't matter anymore. But during the story, the random Warriors on Hard and above that get Counter end up causing someone to die almost every time they come in reach. Usually, it's my own fault for forgetting to check the enemies' skills, but it doesn't make any less annoying.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Regirock

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Oh, definitely. After getting trained up, it doesn't matter anymore. But during the story, the random Warriors on Hard and above that get Counter end up causing someone to die almost every time they come in reach. Usually, it's my own fault for forgetting to check the enemies' skills, but it doesn't make any less annoying.
    I know exactly what you mean, hell, sometimes I don't even bother to look at the hitrate before a battle and send a unit against someone with a *break skill. Then I just look like a fool.

I know exactly what you mean, hell, sometimes I don't even bother to look at the hitrate before a battle and send a unit against someone with a *break skill. Then I just look like a fool.
    I hate doing that against an enemy and confusing hit rate and attack. Tends to lead to very bad results.

Meanwhile, I've come to hate Chapter 16 due to the trouble it caused me, and I'm very hesitant to start Chapter 17. EVERY enemy has Hit Rate +10 now, so I'm going to be in for an awful time. For the time being, Chrom is a Paladin, at least so he can get Aegis to help his lacking Resistance, and he has Rightful King now anyway. I also really want to get Morgan and Owain, but Lissa still doesn't have Galeforce, and Morgan is default as a Cleric. Horrible foresight on my part. /facepalm

Page 94 of 223 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast