Page 95 of 224 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

  1. #2351
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shining in 32 skies
    Posts
    9,997

    Default

    Out of curiosity, do you guys use the full battle forecast, or the limited one?

    I find the limited one easier to understand. Big numbers, lots of colors, clearly spelled out, math done for me.

  2. #2352
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I hate doing that against an enemy and confusing hit rate and attack. Tends to lead to very bad results.

    Meanwhile, I've come to hate Chapter 16 due to the trouble it caused me, and I'm very hesitant to start Chapter 17. EVERY enemy has Hit Rate +10 now, so I'm going to be in for an awful time. For the time being, Chrom is a Paladin, at least so he can get Aegis to help his lacking Resistance, and he has Rightful King now anyway. I also really want to get Morgan and Owain, but Lissa still doesn't have Galeforce, and Morgan is default as a Cleric. Horrible foresight on my part. /facepalm
    So basically, you only have one turn before Morgan dies.

    HAVE FUN!

    *grinds furiously*
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  3. #2353
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you guys use the full battle forecast, or the limited one?

    I find the limited one easier to understand. Big numbers, lots of colors, clearly spelled out, math done for me.
    Full all the way. The simplified one is next to useless. You can't see any of a unit's stats.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  4. #2354
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    At Serenes Forest...
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Again, I fail to see how that's a bad thing. It doesn't matter how a person is introduced to a series, as long as they choose to play it. It doesn't matter whether the person found out via a commercial, discovered it through Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl, read about Rekka no Ken in Nintendo Power, or anything in between; no way of discovering/getting into the series is inherently better or worse than any other. If anything, I'd think it's a good thing that they're marketing the games more, such that it allows the fanbase to be bigger.
    N-n-no. No no no. I didn't mean that learning it through the said methods was bad, per se. I was just mildly disappointed that people didn't realize the greatness of Fire Emblem before the said games. I'm overjoyed that the game is getting more attention, mind you. It's really good. Perhaps now NoA won't skip FE games, like they did to FE12.

    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Are you really that desparate for some petty elitism? You're criticizing people for how they were introduced to the series. How would you prefer they discovered it? The game simply appeared in their 3DS or maybe their NES or GBA? You seem to think there's a problem with advertising a product, and then people buying the product and loving it. Although, if you keep this shit up, maybe people will less likely to be part of a community surrounding the series and just play it on their lonesome.
    Eh, I don't care about elitism in the least. That wasn't the reason why I said that at all. T_T
    And I'm not criticizing them. I don't see how my post as critical at all. I was just lamenting about how (a number of) people didn't like Fire Emblem prior to it getting more attention. Like I said, I'm glad it's getting more attention. I'm sorry for any misunderstandings and apologize if I did sound critical. Really. (I still don't see how I was being critical. I said "*GASP*" because I was surprised and happy that FE actually got a commercial.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    Why does it matter if SS or Awakening were their first games in the series? They're not multiplayer games so it's not like you have to play it with them anyway, and as long as the gameplay isn't suffering then it doesn't hurt anything.
    It doesn't. I never said it did. Nor was I implying that it did. I'm happy that it's receiving more attention, regardless of how.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    How dare those pitiful scrubs play the games most easily available to them.
    How dare those lifeless wussies not actively research strategy JRPGs when looking for games to play on their own. Only casuals bother watching commercials and reading reviews to find out about products.

    How dare those uncultured beatniks refuse to judge games they haven't played yet.

    And at the end of the day, you're a better person because of it.
    Heeeey~ No need to be so sarcastic. *pout*
    I wasn't meaning anything bad. I was just being, as I said before, mildly disappointed.
    Again, I apologize for any misunderstandings. I don't see what I said that made people go "I don't see why it's bad?" on me.
    I didn't say that it was bad... just... disappointed.
    I mean, "too bad" implies disappointment rather than the subject being actually bad, right? If you people didn't take it that way, then... maybe I worded it wrong.

  5. #2355
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireemblemfan4ever View Post
    I mean, "too bad" implies disappointment rather than the subject being actually bad, right? If you people didn't take it that way, then... maybe I worded it wrong.
    Whether you realize it or not most of your posts sound incredibly conceited, that the way you do things or have done things is above what others do if its not the same way.

    Does anyone know offhand at which chapter's shop has Second Seals? I definitely thought it was 13, when you get the one that sells Master Seals, and planned around that. But here I am after Chapter 14 and I badly need me some Second Seals.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 1st March 2013 at 10:53 PM.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  6. #2356
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Whether you realize it or not most of your posts sound incredibly conceited, that the way you do things or have done things is above what others do if its not the same way.

    Does anyone know offhand at which chapter's shop has Second Seals? I definitely thought it was 13, when you get the one that sells Master Seals, and planned around that. But here I am after Chapter 14 and I badly need me some Second Seals.
    Chapter 16. I remember because it's a very unique map and I go there ALL THE TIME!
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  7. #2357
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Chapter 16. I remember because it's a very unique map and I go there ALL THE TIME!
    Ah, not too far off then, I knew I was close. Guess I'll get to that, I've got quite a few units at max level. Nowi and Panne in particular are in desperate need since they can't use Master Seals, still not sure what I want to reclass them as, however.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  8. #2358
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Ah, not too far off then, I knew I was close. Guess I'll get to that, I've got quite a few units at max level. Nowi and Panne in particular are in desperate need since they can't use Master Seals, still not sure what I want to reclass them as, however.
    I kept Panne as a Taguel though I did get her a couple skills, namely Lethality, Movement +1, Lucky 7 and Acrobat. I switch between Locktouch and Beastbane depending on what units are on the map. As for Nowi, I kept her as a manakete and got her Str +2, Focus, Lifetaker and Tantivity.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  9. #2359
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    At Serenes Forest...
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Whether you realize it or not most of your posts sound incredibly conceited, that the way you do things or have done things is above what others do if its not the same way.
    In which case, I apologize with the utmost sincerity. (Really.)
    I had no intentions whatsoever on being conceited.

    I really didn't.
    (I probably just worded my sentences wrong. My bad.)

  10. #2360
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    I kept Panne as a Taguel though I did get her a couple skills, namely Lethality, Movement +1, Lucky 7 and Acrobat. I switch between Locktouch and Beastbane depending on what units are on the map. As for Nowi, I kept her as a manakete and got her Str +2, Focus, Lifetaker and Tantivity.
    Hmmm, that's a pretty good loadout. With Movement +1 and Acrobat I'm sure Panne can move around very well.

    Quote Originally Posted by fireemblemfan4ever View Post
    In which case, I apologize with the utmost sincerity. (Really.)
    I had no intentions whatsoever on being conceited.

    I really didn't.
    (I probably just worded my sentences wrong. My bad.)
    It's fine. Tone is hard to get across using just text.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  11. #2361
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Hmmm, that's a pretty good loadout. With Movement +1 and Acrobat I'm sure Panne can move around very well.
    She does, especially when it comes to maps with chests scattered everywhere. Panne also has a naturally high chance of avoiding enemy attacks, so she's useful for going around and jumping on things, then allowing other units to come in for the kill. Also, it's a godsend on sand maps.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  12. #2362
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    She does, especially when it comes to maps with chests scattered everywhere. Panne also has a naturally high chance of avoiding enemy attacks, so she's useful for going around and jumping on things, then allowing other units to come in for the kill. Also, it's a godsend on sand maps.
    Oh ****... I never even considered sand. Acrobat just became a much more useful skill in my mind.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  13. #2363
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Oh ****... I never even considered sand. Acrobat just became a much more useful skill in my mind.
    Just remember not to hold an item. I've been watching Tiger and Bunny recently, can I make a bad reference here?

    I like where Grim Heaper is going. What skills would benefit which characters the most? Another question, you can't purchase the All Stat +2 skill anywhere, can you?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  14. #2364
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Just remember not to hold an item. I've been watching Tiger and Bunny recently, can I make a bad reference here?

    I like where Grim Heaper is going. What skills would benefit which characters the most? Another question, you can't purchase the All Stat +2 skill anywhere, can you?
    *eyes gleam*

    I've made a spreadsheet of all the skills I want my characters to have. However, this only applies to my playthrough as Children Characters can have a multitude of skills depending on who married whom. Nevertheless, the adult skill loadouts favor their class the best in my opinion. Lemme see if I can get a google docs set up...

    EDIT: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...xLXJJUUE#gid=0

    Feel free to comment or ask questions. This the first generation only, I might make a child one later on. Possible Spoilers
    Last edited by Recon; 2nd March 2013 at 2:11 AM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  15. #2365
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    *eyes gleam*

    I've made a spreadsheet of all the skills I want my characters to have. However, this only applies to my playthrough as Children Characters can have a multitude of skills depending on who married whom. Nevertheless, the adult skill loadouts favor their class the best in my opinion. Lemme see if I can get a google docs set up...

    EDIT: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...xLXJJUUE#gid=0

    Feel free to comment or ask questions. This the first generation only, I might make a child one later on. Possible Spoilers
    It's not public, you have to grant access on a request basis. I requested, I'd like to take a look at it.

    Just got through some reclassing. I'm essentially on a Galeforce run, just got it on Cordelia and Sumia, working on Maribelle, Olivia, and Lucina now. I reclassed Sumia as a General afterwards because her defence was still only 8, and I figure she can benefit from Pavise. Cordelia's stats were doing well so I just reclassed her to Flacon Knight and that's where she'll stay. Most of my characters are back to their starting classes now


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  16. #2366
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's not public, you have to grant access on a request basis. I requested, I'd like to take a look at it.

    Just got through some reclassing. I'm essentially on a Galeforce run, just got it on Cordelia and Sumia, working on Maribelle, Olivia, and Lucina now. I reclassed Sumia as a General afterwards because her defence was still only 8, and I figure she can benefit from Pavise. Cordelia's stats were doing well so I just reclassed her to Flacon Knight and that's where she'll stay. Most of my characters are back to their starting classes now
    Bah, first time using google docs, didn't know that, should be open to everyone who has the link. If that doesn't work, I'll make it public.
    Last edited by Recon; 2nd March 2013 at 3:20 AM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  17. #2367
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Bah, first time using google docs, didn't know that, should be open to everyone who has the link.
    Yep, works now.

    I just played some Fremblem on my way home for break. I was stopped mid Chapter 9. And I kinda hated the end of that chapter. Not because of how it happened, but because of what happened and all the feels from it. Bummer. :C

  18. #2368
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    Yep, works now.

    I just played some Fremblem on my way home for break. I was stopped mid Chapter 9. And I kinda hated the end of that chapter. Not because of how it happened, but because of what happened and all the feels from it. Bummer. :C
    please, chapter 10 has way more feels.

    Setting up a normal casual file to help unlock all possible supports, only reason why I would ever resort to those two modes.
    Last edited by Recon; 2nd March 2013 at 3:21 AM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  19. #2369
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    please, chapter 10 has way more feels.
    That's what I heard. Now you've set me up for destruction. Why would you do this to me, internet.

  20. #2370
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Never played a FE game, but the demo of awakening was really fun. This is the easyest way to say this is: How do I into fire emblem?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  21. #2371
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Never played a FE game, but the demo of awakening was really fun. This is the easyest way to say this is: How do I into fire emblem?
    Start Awakening on Normal difficulty with Casual setting, it allows a smooth transition into the game for new players.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  22. #2372
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idols
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Is there anything about the lore I need to know?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

  23. #2373
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,904

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Is there anything about the lore I need to know?
    Not really, each game it it's own story. The only major things I can think of for this game is Marth being a legendary hero of the past, and a girl named Anna who appears in amost every game, but has served a guide for beginners and has only just become playable this game.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  24. #2374
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,342

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Not really, each game it it's own story. The only major things I can think of for this game is Marth being a legendary hero of the past, and a girl named Anna who appears in amost every game, but has served a guide for beginners and has only just become playable this game.
    I had completely overlooked that about her. She was just always there, never made the connection that she was staring me in the face in every game.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  25. #2375
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A white Van with no windows...
    Posts
    3,840

    Default

    It's a shame she can only marry male Avatars, though what Anna does to Tiki is kinda jerkish.

Page 95 of 224 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145195 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •