Page 96 of 223 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 5570

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

To be fair, Anna was often just a minor blip on the radar in previous games. She just seemed to take a more... prominent role in Awakening, what with being an actual recruitable unit, and being your "guide" to the Outrealm Gate.

...I'm not fond of Anna though. Kind of a crappy unit (imo, never put too much effort into her), and the whole gold-obsessed personality has never been a favorite archetype of mine.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    Start Awakening on Normal difficulty with Casual setting, it allows a smooth transition into the game for new players.
    I'd actually suggest Hard/Casual instead

Normal's kind of....a bore. Hard is mostly frontloaded and doesn't really pick up the hatred until ~ch 20, but as a new guy to the series I felt it more enjoyable.
    & Casual mode means you can more easily see how things play out and more importantly the save function means you don't have to restart the past 20 minutes of map because of an unlucky crit. Or unlucky hit.

I actually kind of regret going Hard/Classic because sometimes you're just plain screwed over by the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    To be fair, Anna was often just a minor blip on the radar in previous games. She just seemed to take a more... prominent role in Awakening, what with being an actual recruitable unit, and being your "guide" to the Outrealm Gate.

...I'm not fond of Anna though. Kind of a crappy unit (imo, never put too much effort into her), and the whole gold-obsessed personality has never been a favorite archetype of mine.
    Despite me abusing EXPonential Growth there are still a couple characters I haven't bothered touching, Anna amongst them. The other are Libra, Say'ri, and Frderick. All the spotpass/DLC characters as well, since they can't support.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I actually kind of regret going Hard/Classic because sometimes you're just plain screwed over by the computer.
    But that's part of the ~magic~

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

You know, as of late I've been curious. At this point it seems obvious that multiple skills can't activate at the same time. But it gets me to wondering; is there a certain priority list for skills? Does one skill's activation override another's? I started wondering this when I noticed that Sol seems to activate a lot more than Ignis, despite equal chance of occurring. Anyone got any input on the subject?

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

You know, as of late I've been curious. At this point it seems obvious that multiple skills can't activate at the same time. But it gets me to wondering; is there a certain priority list for skills? Does one skill's activation override another's? I started wondering this when I noticed that Sol seems to activate a lot more than Ignis, despite equal chance of occurring. Anyone got any input on the subject?
    From a programming perspective, there has to be a list. Because the game is going to go through that list each time an attack is triggered. It will start with one skill, the RNG will fire, if it fails it would move on to the next one. Now, whether that list is static or it goes by what order you've equipped them is another matter.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

All I know is that:

Lethality > Aether > Astra > Sol > Luna > Ignis > Vengeance.

(From the Serenes Forest forums~)

Quote Originally Posted by fireemblemfan4ever View Post
    All I know is that:

Lethality > Aether > Astra > Sol > Luna > Ignis > Vengeance.

(From the Serenes Forest forums~)
    Is someone working on compiling a list of what the priority is? I'd like to see that.

So basically, you only have one turn before Morgan dies.

HAVE FUN!

*grinds furiously*
    Yeah, I went to abuse DLC so Lissa could get Galeforce, and then realized I could use the Rescue staff to get her out of range of the enemy. I recruited her, then class changed her to Dark Mage, which I really could use. I'm hoping I can get past Chapter 17 now, because on my first attempt, the Valkyries doubled Chrom and basically everyone besides Panne couldn't stand more than one shot. But then there are Snipers with forged Longbows(+4 Mt and +10 Hit), who have Hit +10 and Hit +20 skills. Yeah...
    On the bright side, Owain and Morgan with Galeforce and Ignis will totally save me a lot.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    God forbid a game is accessible.
    God forbid I suggest reasons for another persons reasoning(...?)

Is there a place in Fire Emblem awakening where I can buy a longbow? I've looked all over the map, and I have beat the game, so it's probably in one of those paralouges, if it is sold at one at all.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 2nd March 2013 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Is there a place in Fire Emblem awakening where I can buy a longbow? I've looked all over the map, and I have beat the game, so it's probably in one of those paralouges, if it is sold at one at all.
    I think it can be obtained when there's a Merchant on the map. I remember seeing one on sale, but don't ask me where it was because I don't quite remember. As for a normal shop that you can buy one at any time? No, not that I'm aware of. None of the paralogues have it.

I believe you can get one with renown
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I believe you can get one with renown
    Oh, I never really payed attention to renown and stuff.

But I can only seem to get one from there, so that's only a temporary answer. I guess this means that if I need a backup one, I'll just be soft resetting until a merchant with it shows up...

I have one that dropped for me in Chapter 13. If you use a Reeking Box maybe it'll spawn more Risen with Longbows?

I dunno.

I got a Towering Bow from an event tile, which is pretty much a Longbow, so maybe you can try to keep using Reeking Boxes to get skirmishes.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    I have one that dropped for me in Chapter 13. If you use a Reeking Box maybe it'll spawn more Risen with Longbows?

I dunno.
    I tried using the reeking box there three times in a row, and I got the same group of enemies each time, none of them holding the long bow...though one was holding a brave lance as a drop.

I'll try using the reeking box in different places to see if I can find a place that does have one as a drop. Hm, I may make a list of what items can be found where with the reeking box as well.

What did everybody class-change/promote Panna (I think, curse my not-goodness with names) into? I tried to give her a Master Seal, but it wouldn't work, even at level 30.

Thought about making her an Assassin, but I did Lon'qu into onna those, so meh. I could Trickster her, perhaps, but Anna's got that role. And I'm worried about making her a flying role 'cause of the prevalence of archers.

By the way, I am at Chapter 17.

Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    What did everybody class-change/promote Panna (I think, curse my not-goodness with names) into? I tried to give her a Master Seal, but it wouldn't work, even at level 30.

Thought about making her an Assassin, but I did Lon'qu into onna those, so meh. I could Trickster her, perhaps, but Anna's got that role. And I'm worried about making her a flying role 'cause of the prevalence of archers.

Panne? Most people (myself included) keep her as a Taguel for her final class, but pick up a few skills from other classes. Stuff like Move +1, Lethality, and Acrobat (from Thief, Assassin, and Trickster, respectively) make her a bit more powerful, and a lot more mobile. So you might as well switch her to a Thief, and start picking up skills for her.

Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post

Special classes can't promote, that's why they can level up to 30. I class changed her into a Theif and then Trickster, at Grim Heaper's recommendation. She does very well with Movement +1 and Acrobat. You don't have to leave a unit as a class, you can reclass them as many times as you'd like. After getting her the Tricksters skills I reclassed her back as a Taguel.

I tried using the reeking box in various places, and the results were rather disappointing. To the east, the drop was usually a steel lance or an iron lance, and to the west, it was usually that one fire spell that had that name that started with b....I didn't really check out many, but the only notable one was the brave lance I mentioned at chapter 13 earlier.

Also, each one had 1,000 gold, but if money is what you're after, you'll probably make more from randomly appearing skirmishes.

I tried using the reeking box in various places, and the results were rather disappointing. To the east, the drop was usually a steel lance or an iron lance, and to the west, it was usually that one fire spell that had that name that started with b....I didn't really check out many, but the only notable one was the brave lance I mentioned at chapter 13 earlier.

Also, each one had 1,000 gold, but if money is what you're after, you'll probably make more from randomly appearing skirmishes.
    Why is it you need a Longbow so badly?

I have never seen a Longbow drop from a Risen. Just putting that out there.

Though I have to echo Hydrohs, I'm confused why you really need one. The extra square of range is nice, but the weapon itself is fairly weak so it seems inconsequential in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Why is it you need a Longbow so badly?
    Well, I was going to drop the longbow thing after that post....but it's just about the only reason to use an sniper over other bow wielding classes.
    Though I have to echo Hydrohs, I'm confused why you really need one. The extra square of range is nice, but the weapon itself is fairly weak so it seems inconsequential in the long run.
    I find it to be a nifty method of handling weakened enemies, or handling spear/magic wielding flying units.

I don't need it that badly, I just want it. And I can go to great lengths to get what I want.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 3rd March 2013 at 6:07 AM.

Weaker than other bows it may be, but the Longbow has earned me kills I otherwise wouldn't get. I find it especially nice to hit enemies that are a space away from a wall, just out of reach of normal bows.
    Forging can help mitigate the power issues, too.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    Weaker than other bows it may be, but the Longbow has earned me kills I otherwise wouldn't get. I find it especially nice to hit enemies that are a space away from a wall, just out of reach of normal bows.
    I agree. Though normal bows already have a good range, I really like longbows because you can get kills faster with Archers, which have relatively low Movement.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Page 96 of 223 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106146196 ... LastLast