Page 97 of 224 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

*Shrugs* Personally I haven't had too much of a need for Longbows, but then again, there's no denying that they are largely situational items. Their extra range may not always be useful or applicable, but in the situations where you can benefit from it, there's nothing else that can do the job it does (well, except for Towering Bows, but they're more or less the same thing so let's not get into semantics-).
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

If you think Longbows are weak you should check out the Towering Bow
    quake in fear at its three might!

The fact there was no Short Bow really surprises me. Even as just a shiny-spot only <Hero> item

Is it possible to play this game online? The only multi player options I've found was for local wireless only...

I'll probably just play a higher difficulty, but I want to know if I can get competitive with it or something first.
    Oh, so that explains what MT stands for. That explains a lot.

/total noob

Thief it is. Thank ya kindly!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Is it possible to play this game online? The only multi player options I've found was for local wireless only...

I'll probably just play a higher difficulty, but I want to know if I can get competitive with it or something first.
    The only way to get "competitive", is to perfect a streetpass team and streetpass other players. That's really the only main problem with this game, no online capability.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    The only way to get "competitive", is to perfect a streetpass team and streetpass other players. That's really the only main problem with this game, no online capability.
    That's what I figured...

Off to hard mode, then.

Should I reclass Chrom, or should he stay as a Great Lord? I'm thinking of making Lucina my Great Lord, but I don't know if Chrom does well in his other classes. If so, which is his best reclass option?

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    Should I reclass Chrom, or should he stay as a Great Lord? I'm thinking of making Lucina my Great Lord, but I don't know if Chrom does well in his other classes. If so, which is his best reclass option?
    Chrom is a good great Lord, however, I do recommend getting some other skills for him, them being Defender and Aegis from the Paladin class at lvls 5 and 15 respectively. Then you can reclass him back into a Great Lord.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Or just keep him as a Paladin. Almost exactly the same thing except he trades one Strength and one Speed for Two res and three movement.

Also beast weakness, but you don't run into that many beastkillers outside of Lunatic.

Well, I was going to drop the longbow thing after that post....but it's just about the only reason to use an sniper over other bow wielding classes.I find it to be a nifty method of handling weakened enemies, or handling spear/magic wielding flying units.

I don't need it that badly, I just want it. And I can go to great lengths to get what I want.
    I love Snipers. They're a ranged class with high enough defence that it doesn't really matter if they find themselves on the front line. Not to mention the high Skill, they're the Swordmasters of the Bow.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    If you think Longbows are weak you should check out the Towering Bow
    Towering Bow. So imposing, so useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakansen View Post
    Definitely do Paladin, it'll help him max out his stats and Defender and Aegis are both useful skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Or just keep him as a Paladin. Almost exactly the same thing except he trades one Strength and one Speed for Two res and three movement.

Also beast weakness, but you don't run into that many beastkillers outside of Lunatic.
    You also miss out on his Great Lord skills, unless you got him to level 15 as Great Lord first.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by chanseychansey77 View Post
    What did everybody class-change/promote Panna (I think, curse my not-goodness with names) into? I tried to give her a Master Seal, but it wouldn't work, even at level 30.
    You may have already made a choice by now, but I'm finding Wyvern Lord Panne to be absolutely amazing. Despite the omnipresence of bows and forged Rexcaliburs on Lunatic, she tanks absurdly well. Of course, the trick is keeping her away from said weaknesses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    That, and on higher difficulties, these teams get their stats buffed and weapons forged, so they're treated like any other Spotpass team and Risen skirmish in that regard.

As for Chrom, Paladin does seem like a better choice after getting the Great Lord skills, and it's been going well for me, except for the part where Chrom's speed still is not enough (31 Speed and he's doubled by Walhart and his 37 Speed).

Going into Chapter 20, and Walhart's stats are absolutely ridiculous, besides being able to double Chrom. Aegis and Pavise together is a pain, and Prescience with Rightful King makes for a dangerously accurate Walhart with nearly 50% Sol activation. On the bright side, I've discovered Nosferatu tanking with Morgan of all people, and it easily tops Generals in terms of tanking. Vengeance in the mix only makes things more absurd, though I'm constantly needing to buy more magic.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    As for Chrom, Paladin does seem like a better choice after getting the Great Lord skills, and it's been going well for me, except for the part where Chrom's speed still is not enough (31 Speed and he's doubled by Walhart and his 37 Speed).
    I prefer to have everyone back to their normal class after getting skills, usually that's where they have the best stats. Chrom, for example, has higher maximum stats in all except Res as a Great Lord. The movement you get from Paladin is nice, though.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I love Snipers. They're a ranged class with high enough defence that it doesn't really matter if they find themselves on the front line. Not to mention the high Skill, they're the Swordmasters of the Bow.
    Let me rephrase that; the longbow is the only reason for me to use a sniper.

Okay, they carry good stats, but I'm in love with magic users and weapons like hand/long axes, so their ranged ability is generally less needed on my team.

Let me rephrase that; the longbow is the only reason for me to use a sniper.

Okay, they carry good stats, but I'm in love with magic users and weapons like hand/long axes, so their ranged ability is generally less needed on my team.
    Makes sense. I've always been a fan of them, ever since Neimi from Sacred Stones, and then Rolf in Path of Radiance. Rolf especially is a shining example of how good Snipers can be.

So, I've been doing all the DLC chapters and now that I've got the All Stats +2 book I'm not sure who to use it on, I need some recommendations.

I prefer to have everyone back to their normal class after getting skills, usually that's where they have the best stats. Chrom, for example, has higher maximum stats in all except Res as a Great Lord. The movement you get from Paladin is nice, though.
    I'm usually the same, but I think at least for now, Chrom needs the movement. Just like for my Avatar, Magic and Strength refuse to go up, so I may need to stay as a Sage for Magic.

As for Archers, I can't say I became a fan of them until Rolf showed up. Neimi, Wil and Rebecca were all good, but I never was a huge fan of them. Archers like Gordin didn't help despite my bias for green hair, but Rolf and RD Shinon are what Snipers should be.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I'm usually the same, but I think at least for now, Chrom needs the movement. Just like for my Avatar, Magic and Strength refuse to go up, so I may need to stay as a Sage for Magic.

As for Archers, I can't say I became a fan of them until Rolf showed up. Neimi, Wil and Rebecca were all good, but I never was a huge fan of them. Archers like Gordin didn't help despite my bias for green hair, but Rolf and RD Shinon are what Snipers should be.
    I actually made the mistake of using Shinon instead of Rolf during my first playthrough of PoR. You can imagine my face when I used Rolf instead in my second playthrough, amazing how much better he is.

I actually made the mistake of using Shinon instead of Rolf during my first playthrough of PoR. You can imagine my face when I used Rolf instead in my second playthrough, amazing how much better he is.
    Though to be fair, the same could be said of all auto-promoted vs. weak-at-first units. Albeit it's now less of a concern in Awakening due to Second Seals.

For me, Archers have been largely hit or miss. I didn't have much love for the Archers in Rekka no Ken, loved Neimi in SS, had mild success with Rolf in PoR, didn't much care for Virion, but loved Noire.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Though to be fair, the same could be said of all auto-promoted vs. weak-at-first units. Albeit it's now less of a concern in Awakening due to Second Seals.

For me, Archers have been largely hit or miss. I didn't have much love for the Archers in Rekka no Ken, loved Neimi in SS, had mild success with Rolf in PoR, didn't much care for Virion, but loved Noire.
    I think that's pretty accurate, the archers are either very good or very bad.

Archers are hit and miss...the way that was phrased is pretty ironic.

Well, I suppose they were just a miss for my awakening team. Granted, I did use Noire with the long bow, but for the most part, my team had handled flying units rather well, so I usually had her paired up with Griffon Rider Morgan, waiting for an opportunity for the longbow and activating deliverer for me in the process.

So I've just started going and recruiting the children characters, just got Owain and he is quite the character. Because of the grinding I've done he's only level 13 and capped almost all of his stats.

So I've just started going and recruiting the children characters, just got Owain and he is quite the character. Because of the grinding I've done he's only level 13 and capped almost all of his stats.
    Owain was voted #2 on the male popularity poll for a reason! He was behind Chrom for those curious. But I just love Owain. Not only is he an incredible unit, but he's freaking hilarious. Plus his supports with Morgan (F) were totally adorkable.

There is nothing I dislike about Owain.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    Owain was voted #2 on the male popularity poll for a reason! He was behind Chrom for those curious. But I just love Owain. Not only is he an incredible unit, but he's freaking hilarious. Plus his supports with Morgan (F) were totally adorkable.

There is nothing I dislike about Owain.
    I just went through his C level support with Donnel and Lissa, they actually had me chuckling. Not sure how he lost to Chrom, Owain is a much better character.

Hey guys, I'm a fan of Fire Emblem, even though I only played the ones on GBA and DS but I just wanted to ask if anyone knew when the Fire Emblem Awakening Demo is scheduled to release in Europe?

Some people probably prefer Chrom since he's the straightman to pretty much everyone else other than the Avatar.

Makes sense. I've always been a fan of them, ever since Neimi from Sacred Stones, and then Rolf in Path of Radiance. Rolf especially is a shining example of how good Snipers can be.

So, I've been doing all the DLC chapters and now that I've got the All Stats +2 book I'm not sure who to use it on, I need some recommendations.
    Use it on whoever, you can always re-do the chapter to earn another. Personally, I used it on my Avatar, who has all but two stats capped, and now his magic is at 57.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Page 97 of 224 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast