Page 98 of 224 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 5585

Thread: Fire Emblem Series!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a fan of Fire Emblem, even though I only played the ones on GBA and DS but I just wanted to ask if anyone knew when the Fire Emblem Awakening Demo is scheduled to release in Europe?
    I was under the impression that Europe wasn't getting the demo. At least this is what a friend in Portugal mentioned to me. All I heard is that they have a 19th of April release date for the game, but nothing of the demo.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Longbow:

Overworld armories - Paralogue 23 (Priam's Paralogue) -- This paralogue is not yet out in America. It should be out in... two months, if they come out as they did in Japan, which they probably will. Yes, it's a long time, but... yeah, you have to wait.

Alternatively:

Merchants on Ch. 21 and 23 sell Longbows.

Also:

FE9's (Path of Radiance) Ike sells Longbows.

and

FE11's (Shadow Dragon) Prince Marth sells Longbows, too. -- This SpotPass teams isn't out yet, but should be coming out... soon enough.

And yeah, I, in the other Fire Emblem games, found Longbows extremely useful. Not taking damage back is a life-saver in the higher difficulties. If you're playing Normal or Hard, though, it shouldn't really matter.

Forging makes it very usable.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    I was under the impression that Europe wasn't getting the demo. At least this is what a friend in Portugal mentioned to me. All I heard is that they have a 19th of April release date for the game, but nothing of the demo.
    I don't know...
    They don't have the demo yet.

America received the demo on January 17th, roughly two weeks prior to the North American release date.
    If Europe were to get similar treatment, then getting the demo in the beginning of April wouldn't be surprising.

Europeans will have to wait to find out for sure, I guess.
    Last edited by fireemblemfan4ever; 3rd March 2013 at 8:13 PM.

Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait till April 19th.. The DLC looks sweet, but for now I'm trying not to get any spoilers until I play for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Use it on whoever, you can always re-do the chapter to earn another. Personally, I used it on my Avatar, who has all but two stats capped, and now his magic is at 57.
    Oh, well isn't that quite useful.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Don't mind me derailing the topic a little bit, but I have to ask...

Am I the only one a little bit confused about the paradoxical implications of having your Avatar marry a future child? Come to think of it, wouldn't the future kids sort of... disappear as soon as you beat the final boss?

Time travel hurts my brain.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Spoiler:- Excitable Boy's having a moment:
    Last edited by Icay4321; 3rd March 2013 at 9:40 PM.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

It works if you think of the fact that Naga sent them back, by doing so, she preserved their existences and identities. The weirder part is that they survive through Grima's death to watch themselves grow up.
    Goddammit

Would it kill you to spoiler that sh*t in the future? Seriously?

Spoiler:- Stuff about Stuff:
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.

Don't mind me derailing the topic a little bit, but I have to ask...

Am I the only one a little bit confused about the paradoxical implications of having your Avatar marry a future child? Come to think of it, wouldn't the future kids sort of... disappear as soon as you beat the final boss?

Time travel hurts my brain.
    Time travel in itself is paradoxical, the very act of going back in time means you have altered where you came from. By going back in time you create a new world line with yourself in the 'past' and there is very likely no future with you in it. So, if we're to analyze this enough it is possible that somehow events stayed well-enough the same that the original children grew up normally, whichever parent-child it is watched themselves grow up while having a child of their own that grows up with all the other children. So this particular world line houses two same individuals. Presumably the parent-child would die with all the others members of Chrom's band, minus the children.

Time travel is a terrible and dangerous thing and should most certainly never actually be attempted.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    You also miss out on his Great Lord skills, unless you got him to level 15 as Great Lord first.
    Why wouldn't you?

im fairly new to the FE world xD i got into because i was watching a guy do an LP on it (and he still is xD 75+ episodes and counting O.o) and it looked soooo fun so i got the demo of FE Awakening a omg i loved it <3 now im just waiting for some extra money to get the game *waits anxiously*

Why wouldn't you?
    Because Great Lord is is 'proper' class, and his stat caps are higher as Great Lord. Barely, but still.

Because Great Lord is is 'proper' class, and his stat caps are higher as Great Lord. Barely, but still.
    I think they meant why wouldn't you grab his Great Lord skills, rather than the question of which final class to end up in.

He's got 1 higher Strength and Speed and 2 lower res. The caps are otherwise identical, aside from having 2 higher movement as a Paladin.

He really is much better off as a Paladin.

Hello, everyone. I'm a bit confused about Spotpass content.

Due to the initial shipping fiasco with Fire Emblem: Awakening at retailers, I didn't get my game until Thursday of the week the game was released.

Now, I remember seeing mention of this a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    I'm noticing a pattern with my Spotpass team distribution. Every time a new team is distributed, the first one available for me is always the character that is usually not recruitable in that respective game (the bad guy). So my first one for Shadow Dragon is Gharnef. I know it's completely random for everyone, but am I the only one experiencing any pattern, out of curiosity?
    However, today I saw this in a post...and, yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by fireemblemfan4ever View Post
    FE11's (Shadow Dragon) Prince Marth sells Longbows, too. -- This SpotPass teams isn't out yet, but should be coming out... soon enough.
    Now, I just today unlocked the final Spotpass character from Radiant Dawn. I think. Not sure if I have Edward...if not, ugh. Shadow Dragon is nowhere to be seen, just FE, SS, PoR, and RD. I am also missing     Spoiler:- Click:

Am I just out of luck because I didn't buy it and download off the eShop on release day? Is it because I haven't beaten     Spoiler:- Click:
    yet? Back when the game was released, I remember that whenever a new pack was released, everyone not unlocked in the previous pack would show up and the new pack would be there.

Update Now does not seem to do a damn thing whenever I use it.

Reason I ask is that I want to use a lot of Spotpass characters, most of which are unreleased. Sigurd, Gharnef, Oliver, and some others. If I'm just screwed because of a three day delay, and am going to thereby get content literal days after it should be playable, this is going to be really grating.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by ZombifiedHorror1031; 4th March 2013 at 12:47 AM.
    Shinies: (x2) (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hidden Ability Pokemon:     Spoiler:- Click:

He's got 1 higher Strength and Speed and 2 lower res. The caps are otherwise identical, aside from having 2 higher movement as a Paladin.

He really is much better off as a Paladin.
    But that Strength or Speed could make the difference! I kid. I just prefer his as a Great Lord. Call me old fashioned.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombifiedHorror1031 View Post
    Now, I just today unlocked the final Spotpass character from Radiant Dawn. Shadow Dragon is nowhere to be seen, just FE, SS, PoR, and RD. I am also missing     Spoiler:- Click:
    Your Shadow Dragon characters will trickle in over time. I currently have Caeda and Minerva. As for the latter mentioned character's DLC, that is explained below.

Am I just out of luck because I didn't buy it and download off the eShop on release day? Is it because I haven't beaten     Spoiler:- Click:
    yet? Back when the game was released, I remember that whenever a new pack was released, everyone not unlocked in the previous pack would show up and the new pack would be there.

Update Now does not seem to do a damn thing whenever I use it.

Reason I ask is that I want to use a lot of Spotpass characters, most of which are unreleased. Sigurd, Gharnef, Oliver, and some others. If I'm just screwed because of a three day delay, and am going to thereby get content literal days after it should be playable, this is going to be really grating.

Thanks for any help.
    You need to beat Chapter 25 in order to gain access to the special Spotpass maps. The special characters are unlocked by recruiting them after actual play, not like the Spotpass Teams that are released.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 4th March 2013 at 12:46 AM.

Spoiler:- Wall of Text:
    It's not because of when you got the game, I got it the day after you did, but I've gotten everything fine. You should just double-check that SpotPass is on, but the teams from the different games come in by SpotPass over time, and seemingly at random over time. Just be patient, they'll show up. As for     Spoiler:- Character name(!):
    you probably do have to beat him for it to show up, but double check that he's not in your Bonus Maps to be sure. You'll have to select him from there to unlock his Paralogue, and you can only fight him basically before the endgame.
    Last edited by Icay4321; 4th March 2013 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Condensing post

Much thanks for the help, you two.

I disconnected and reconnected the Spotpass functionality, used the Update Now option and did in fact get a few new things to show up. The aforementioned Spotpass character chapter and Caeda from Shadow Dragon. Though it would seem there's still a bit of delay or something if Hydrohs has two. Eh, but at least I'm more up to date than I was a few hours ago.
    Shinies: (x2) (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hidden Ability Pokemon:     Spoiler:- Click:

Much thanks for the help, you two.

I disconnected and reconnected the Spotpass functionality, used the Update Now option and did in fact get a few new things to show up. The aforementioned Spotpass character chapter and Caeda from Shadow Dragon. Though it would seem there's still a bit of delay or something if Hydrohs has two. Eh, but at least I'm more up to date than I was a few hours ago.
    Caeda was the first one I got, that was a couple days ago. So it is very slow.

I'm thinking of trying out Genealogy of the Holy War, some people say it's the best FE game.

3DS: 2836 • 0189 • 795
    Pokémon Showdown: Witeldram
    Safari:
    Fighting - Sawk, Meditite, Riolu

I've been considering playing some of the older games that have English translations, I'll probably start that next after I finish my current Awakening playthrough.

All the early FEs have translations, though FE5 is a bit iffy.

FE5 also happens to be the best Fire Emblem game ever. Anyone who disagrees is wrong.

All the early FEs have translations, though FE5 is a bit iffy.

FE5 also happens to be the best Fire Emblem game ever. Anyone who disagrees is wrong.
    Agreed, it's absolutely amazing. The difficulty makes for much more entertaining gameplay and I like the fact it is the sequel to FE7, shame you have to see Marcus again even older :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Raider View Post
    Agreed, it's absolutely amazing. The difficulty makes for much more entertaining gameplay and I like the fact it is the sequel to FE7, shame you have to see Marcus again even older :/
    I don't think FE5 takes place in the same universe as FE7 & 6...?

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I don't think FE5 takes place in the same universe as FE7 & 6...?
    Your right, it was FE6 I was going on about it seems

Page 98 of 224 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast