Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A Fishing Connoisseur in a Fishy Competition (685)

;_; I don't get it? What's wrong with this episode?! It was perfect!!!! IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO Instead of getting 5 MINUTES of fishing Dento we got a WHOLE episode!!!!! also Frillish was adorable :3 I want her to come back again.

._. I think Dento's hyperness and enthusiasm in this episode rubbed off on me......and I have this urge to fish or at least try to find something oceany on Animal Planet
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 23rd June 2011 at 6:00 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    ;_; I don't get it? What's wrong with this episode?! It was perfect!!!! IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO Instead of getting 5 MINUTES of fishing Dento we got a WHOLE episode!!!!! also Frillish was adorable :3 I want her to come back again.

._. I think Dento's hyperness and enthusiasm in this episode rubbed off on me......and I have this urge to fish or at least try to find something oceany on Animal Planet

It was unnecessary, if it had aired at the time sure but since there was nothing too important happening, it was unecessary to be shown.

You justification for the episode to be good is Dent was the main focus? I love Dent character but this episode was lame, it could have stayed unkown/unaired.

So now we have 2 additional Pokemon for Ash to probably catch in the future. Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    It was unnecessary, if it had aired at the time sure but since there was nothing too important happening, it was unecessary to be shown.

You justification for the episode to be good is Dent was the main focus? I love Dent character but this episode was lame, it could have stayed unkown/unaired.
    Just because it wasn't that good of a ep doesn't mean it shouldn't be aired. After all, if they already made the ep in the first place, might as well air it.
    Last edited by Sushi; 23rd June 2011 at 6:56 PM.

I don't like the way they edited it. Instead of trying to hide stuff why didn't they just put an announcement in the beginning of the episode stating that they are airing a postponed episode.

The epsiode was pretty mediocre, although it was neat how Yamask is like Oshawott and deflects stuff with the mask.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    That's part of it. Here's my own justification for it:

- I enjoyed it
    - I laughed through it
    - I like to fish
    - I like Bianca. especially how she caught Ash XD
    - Dento had a huge part and the way Miyano portrayed him made the episode for me

A lame episode for me is when the characters don't shine much and there's nothing to laugh or smile at. ^^; I realize now that actually the small episodes like this are the episodes I TRULY enjoy...I could care less if someone caught a Pokemon to keep or not. I like the small amusing things...I really don't see how it'd be considered "lame".

EDIT: Also now that I'm thinking about it, I've never deemed an episode as "worthless" I can normally find something I like about the episode, filler or not. Sure I found some that I like more than others, but I've never actually called an episode lame or anything =/ they all seem about equal in a way...
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 23rd June 2011 at 7:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Oh come on, the Gothitelle episode set the bar pretty low; can you really say that this episode was any worse than that?
    That Gothitelle episode was one of the best in my opinion and this episode was absolutely great.

Iris got a part, Bianca got a part, Ash got a part and Cilan definitely had a part in this episode.

This would've been better if they kept it as Castelia city and I'm glad James's Yamask knows Haze, there's at least one Pokemon in every series that Team Rocket has, that has Haze or Smokescreen.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    I don't like the way they edited it. Instead of trying to hide stuff why didn't they just put an announcement in the beginning of the episode stating that they are airing a postponed episode.
    I agree. Why bother going the extra mile? And why air this episode if it's not so important?

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

I swear...some people are just bitter coz this episode prolongs the Don Tournament. u_u Quite honestly I'm not too fired up for it...

I don't care what the writers did to "fix" this episode. I'm just happy IT AIRED I'm at peace!!!

EDIT:: 8D And now I just realized one of my goals for this series to see HAS BEEN COMPLETE! Yanappu was on Dento's should LEGIT. Not hanging from it like in the movie artwork but ACTUALLY on his shoulder. I always thought it'd be cute to see I thought about drawing it one time XD trust me, I may not have mentioned this "goal" thing (it's not really a goal lol) but I went on and on to my friends about how I wanted to see Pansage on his shoulder XD
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 23rd June 2011 at 7:35 PM.

This episode was alright. It was cool to see Blue-Striped (fav.) Basurao and Red-Striped Basurao for the 1st time, the look so cool, especially in battle. It was great to see Pink-colored Female Pururiru for the 1st time, she was beautiful and funny. It was good to see Mamanbou for the 2nd time, unfortunately again it was only for a brief amount of time... It was funny when Bianca ran right into Ash knocking him down into the water. It was cool to see Dent's fishing skills, especially when picking out Bianca's fishing pole. It was funny when Dent was calling himself a Fishing Sommelier and the background had a bizarre looking wave, Iris' reaction as usual was very funny. Yannappu vs Blue-Striped Basurao was a very cool battle. It was cool to see Basuaro using Aqua Tail. It was great to see Dent capture Basurao, unfortunately Pururiru let it go... It was hilarious when Pururiru jumped out of the water and on top of Ash wrapping him up in a big hug, and then when Iris and Dent tried to help get her off, Pururiru began hugging them at the same time, it took Pikachu's Thunderbolt to get her off of them. It was hilarious when they showed Iris moment-by-moment getting more and more bored plus the crazy expression on her face and body language. I'm so glad they did end up airing this, this week; to me it was well worth the wait.

50/100

Finished watching the video of it. I enjoyed the episode even more compared to just looking at the pictures.

Cilan's facial expression at the start were awesome. He knows he's awesome.

The Frillish scene was...interesting. :P

I kind of wanted Cilan to keep Basculin, I thought it would be interesting to see what it would be like with him.

I thought the episode was pretty entertaining.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Oh god, if they tried to make this episode seem like it is airing in order, are they gonna do the same thing for the TR/TP eps? Because that would be really annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Oh god, if they tried to make this episode seem like it is airing in order, are they gonna do the same thing for the TR/TP eps? Because that would be really annoying
    As if Shopro would be (that) stupid. The TP episodes have been advertised a lot before their original airdate and they hold an important place in continuity unlike this fishing episode.

And how would they be able to do it without creating massive plotholes on purpose?

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

This episode was nice, but it would of been way better if Japan didn't edit it to make it seem like it was airing in order. I sure hope CN dubs the original so that things make sense. That goes the same for TR v TP episodes that are coming up.

This is an episode that didn't need Team Rocket. It would of been interesting to see a real contest where Cilan or someone else wins. At least Pansage battled and a pink Frillish raped Ash, maybe it can rape him again later on in the series if it shows up. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Well though i am not sure but isn't the way the Pink Frillish was shown in this episode kind of similar to how Sandile was shown in BW 003. So wouldn't it be possible for it to appear in future episodes (though the chances of this happening is very low).
    That would be pretty hilarious if Frillish did re-appear. I could see it stalking Ash like how Krokorok seems to be following Pikachu.

The episode was alright. Cilan getting all excited over fishing was funny. It was nice seeing Bianca again. The pink Frillish was definitely my favorite part of the episode.

Although I don't quite understand why this episode was postponed. I didn't see any thing serious in it. I guess they probably edited the offensive part out though. It makes me wonder what will happen for the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by catzeye View Post
    It makes me wonder what will happen for the Team Rocket vs Team Plasma episodes.
    It can't be retconned without creating massive noticeable plotholes but I can see the two parter being shown prior to TP's next appearance.

Wait.... they built a campfire to dry Ash's clothes in the middle of the biggest city of the entire pokeworld?

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew View Post
    Wait.... they built a campfire to dry Ash's clothes in the middle of the biggest city of the entire pokeworld?
    ash doesn't have any shame undressing in front of everyone in the middle of a town
    .................................................. ......................

I don't know, to me it was one of my favorites. Mainly my favorite bits had to be Ash/Bel interactions, they are too cute together! Every scene. Than hehe Best Wish writers really like Ash without his shirts, seems like everu series has him without oneXD I'm glad it aired though, it had some funny parts and nice interactions. Can't wait to see in dubbed, hopeully they'll air in order without the edits.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Porygandrew View Post
    I thought that was really odd. He just sits in the middle of a sidewalk with a campfire set up. As if it's normal, or something.

Not surprised that they tried to pass this off as a Nimbasa ep (or as a non-Castelia ep...), but it's kind of obnoxious.

Aaaand now we know that we will never see the Plasma eps, unless they're aired in the dub. I wonder if the dub would air the original version of this episode?

Anyway... this episode was complete filler. It seems that it was a filler from the start... and a bad one at that. I'm glad we got to see it, but to think that no matter what, this would have always been a bad filler... is kind of a letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Oh come on, the Gothitelle episode set the bar pretty low; can you really say that this episode was any worse than that?
    I actually found the Gothitelle episode rather interesting. It wasn't action packed or anything, but once I started watching it, my eyes didn't move even for a split second because the story pulled me in.

This episode however, was pointless.. It feels like if it was aired on the original date, something worthwhile would have happened (Like Cilan keeping that Basculin). I mean, it had potential to be entertaining but they ruined it. However, even if it had aired back then, I would've still disliked it due to the fact its Cilan centered.. ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    ]However, even if it had aired back then, I would've still disliked it due to the fact its Cilan centered.. ugh.[/s]
    What's wrong with it being Cilan centered? Its making up for how they mishandled Brock.
    Last edited by CyberCubed; 24th June 2011 at 3:12 AM.

I just dislike his character, he's too OTT and in your face for my liking.. It's just like they're trying too hard with him, which is a shame because he had the potential to be a character I could really like..

Plus this whole 'fabulous' thing he has going on got old quite a while ago IMO.

Is there any particular reason why in your eyes, any negative opinion someone has about this saga instantly relates back to an old character? Seriously, the fact I dislike Cilan has nothing to do with the fact I liked Brock.. and the fact I really like Iris has nothing to do with the fact that I despised Dawn. People have different tastes, it's a matter of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I actually found the Gothitelle episode rather interesting. It wasn't action packed or anything, but once I started watching it, my eyes didn't move even for a split second because the story pulled me in.
    Dento had pretty much the biggest speaking role in that episode

Like I said awhile ago, I think that the reason this was skipped was because the writers or whoever wanted to get the hell out of Castelia City because of what was happening at the time so they just showed the gym battle which they can't skip and just layed off showing this until everything calmed down. I don't even think there was anything in the episode that needed to be edited out(offensive stuff I mean). I'm gonna wait for the subbed version but I think Bianca said something about her and Ash's rivalry(or at least a gym battle). I enjoyed this episode a lot and am happy that it finally aired. Did Bianca say where she was going in the end??
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    Like I said awhile ago, I think that the reason this was skipped was because the writers or whoever wanted to get the hell out of Castelia City because of what was happening at the time so they just showed the gym battle which they can't skip and just layed off showing this until everything calmed down.
    Except that they have no reason to do this. This assumption doesn't make sense because, as far as the episodes have shown, there was nothing in Castelia that the writers would need to get away from. The Plasma episodes technically never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan
    I don't even think there was anything in the episode that needed to be edited out(offensive stuff I mean). I'm gonna wait for the subbed version but I think Bianca said something about her and Ash's rivalry(or at least a gym battle). I enjoyed this episode a lot and am happy that it finally aired. Did Bianca say where she was going in the end??
    She probably said something about Nimbasa. That ending was edited, because in the original version, she didn't leave the group.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast