Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: A Fishing Connoisseur in a Fishy Competition (685)

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    It was Bianca who was surprised to see Yamask. Ash just told her what pokemon it was. He clearly wasn't surprised at all. :/
    Well I disagree. I thought Ash said 'It's a Yamask' in quite a surprised tone personally but we agree to disagree .
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

It was an enjoyable episode, yes, but I also agree that it was out of place. Mainly because of the obvious point that it's been delayed originally. Nonetheless, Jason doesnt disappoint in his Cilan character. There's probably nothing that Cilan can't do, now that he's additionally a fisher.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Meh, it was an okay episode, Bianca and Cilan were funny, but over all the ep seemed kinda boring. Also I'm really getting tired of them pronouncing his name SY-LAN.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    Well I disagree. I thought Ash said 'It's a Yamask' in quite a surprised tone personally but we agree to disagree .
    To me, it sounded more like anger, as if he had encountered that Yamask before and the encounter had gone badly, as is par for the course when dealing with Team Rocket and their Pokémon.
    Team Rocket will pay for their crimes.

By the way in the Japanese version, he was surprised. They changed it in the dub to make Bianca the one to be surprised, which was clever

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    By the way in the Japanese version, he was surprised. They changed it in the dub to make Bianca the one to be surprised, which was clever

eh the scene still felt akward and felt like ash was still surprised to me when he said "it's a yamask." I thoguht it would have been better if he said "it;s their yamask", or "team rocket's yamask" but i guess the lip flap was not their for it.

other then that the dub did a good job, I would not have known if well that fact that I already had known about everything that went on with the delay.

and wow to those calling this a messed up episode perfering it to have stayed in hiatus, it was nmot that bad,..you just know about what happened so that is always lingering into your mind,..like it did me.. I'm sure if I had not known it would have seemed fine to me.

oh and the guy asking about the wave... it was edited out,.. thats why the japanese version was delayed so they could edit it.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Holy mother of uasgdi09430=92w34=5 423w=52=3. Team Rocket DIDN'T want to steal Pikachu! Man, they have grown smarter!
    Not smart enough to just go for the jet packs in the first place, as opposed to risking a certain *censored* Frillish letting their boat drift away.

Why, yes, I do hate the Frillish that is basically the reason Cilan doesn't own a Basculin, why do you ask?

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

yes but the most of us assume they would have gotten to keep the basculin.. for all we know after the competition they might have been forced to release.. seeing as they were in special pokeballs. we only assume cilan would have gotten to keep it if not for frillish.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Not smart enough to just go for the jet packs in the first place, as opposed to risking a certain *censored* Frillish letting their boat drift away.
    Well...flying off with a heavy bag of loose Pokeballs isn't the smartest idea

Quote Originally Posted by Venomfang View Post
    Meh, it was an okay episode, Bianca and Cilan were funny, but over all the ep seemed kinda boring. Also I'm really getting tired of them pronouncing his name SY-LAN.
    thats his name what else would they call him
    .................................................. ......................

This was a cool episode. Atleast something is getting done. Bianca makes the group more fun to be around. And with the whole Yamask thing, people need to stop reading into every detail of each episode or they will never be happy. There is no such things as perfect episodes. Never once in these forums, no one has ever posted a 100/100 rank for an episode because something somewhere had to be wrong with it.

My ideal battle ever!

Well...flying off with a heavy bag of loose Pokeballs isn't the smartest idea
    And maybe the Jet Pack were low on Fuel so they had to conserve. Though the writers could've mentioned that.

As for the Yamask thing, the animators should've edited the Pokedex to pink in that scene so it's be like Bianca was checking and not Ash. As well as delete the frames where Ash was putting his Pokedex away.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

If Team Rocket would've used their Jet Packs right away, they would've gotten away with it ...

good episode

I enjoyed the episode as much as the Japanese version.

Basculin had a nice dub voice. It's too bad Cilan didn't get to keep it.

I enjoyed all the Cilan, Bianca, and Team Rocket parts. The Frillish was great too.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Nice episode for a filler although the competition was boring. They could have made it a little more exciting

This was supposed to take place in Castelia City, right?
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by Demonsead View Post
    This was supposed to take place in Castelia City, right?
    Yes, that's why they were exiting the Castelia gym in the beginning of the episode.

I'm sorry but in my country (I'm French), this episode aired after Archeops In The Modern World and before Movie Time! Zorua in "The Legend of the Pokemon Knight"! So it's confuse me, they still say they were near Nimbasa, so it's a bit weird ...

-> Is the French channel sucks or they have changed the order of diffusion?

haha loved Clian getting excited over fishing. That was so cute and i loved seeing Bianca again. This wasnt so bad for a filler although not much happened it wasnt that bad really

I loved the Female Frillish in this episode, she was hilarious when she hugged Ash a lot.

It had been a long time since I watched the Pokemon anime, but I decided to give it a shot a few months ago, and this is the first episode I saw.

I really enjoyed it. Every character got some time in the spotlight: Cilan's neat capture, Iris's boredom, Ash getting attacked in a kinky tentacle way, Bianca mistaking Team Rocket as rocket scientists XD... It was all good. This is the episode that convinced me to start watching the anime again, so I'm kinda biased, but I do think it was awesome. And Bianca was my favorite character in the games, so I was glad to see her.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

Ok so I re-watched this episode, but this time instead of focusing just on characters/ect. I focused on the rods and reels themselves (Dento has two reels btw.) I realized that Ash/Bianca/Iris all used Spin Cast Reels (or Closed Face reels) which are generally for beginners, while Dento uses more of a medium one (Open Faced Reel). I find it neat that they kind of show Dento's experience through that.

In the Stunfisk episode Dento shows more of his prowess as a Fishing Sommelier by using a bait casting reel which are for heavy duty fishing. :P
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

I think they could have gotten away with hiding the fact that this episode was aired two months out of order if they didn't have Ash scan Yamask. LOL Then again, Ash always did have a tendency to scan pokemon he's met 100s of times. Well, Cilan also debuted the rod he used in what would have been a later episode, and it would have been the first time he declared himself a connoisseur of (insert hobby here), but at least yamask was the most obvious.

I liked this episode a lot. For one thing, it was much more of a normal episode from the old days, with the twerps stopping a Team Rocket scheme. The only difference is, Team Rocket's not goofy this time. And Bianca is always fun to watch. And Cilan is fun when he goes into fanatic mode over a favorite hobby. Great fun.

9/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Default A Fishing Connoisseur in Fishy Competition!

This episode, along with the TP vs. TR two-parter didn't air on Japan because of the earthqueak. It's interesting that this episode got retconned and aired in between "Archeops In The Mordern World!" and "Movie Time! Zorua in The Legend of the Pokémon Knight!". All the references to Ash and Co. being in Castilia City got removed.

Anyway, I thought this was a fun episode. It was nice to see Bianca again.....but as usual, she accidently bumped Ash into water. It's good see All of them competing in a fishy fishing competition, but I wasn't expecting Team Rocket to set up the whole competition in other to steal Pokémon from the competitors, they're supposed to deal with something more important....but they're actually acting like their old selves in this episode.

It's funny when Bianca caught Ash with her fishing rod instead of catching a Water Pokémon from the lake. Cilan being a fishing connoisseur was kinda random, I liked how Cilan showed her how to use the fishing rod by hooking a blue-striped Basculin and catching it. Iris getting bored and grabbing a Basculin her bare hands was unfair, it's funny how James(in disguise) yelled at her for breaking the rules.
    Later a Pokémon grabs onto Bianca's fishing line. With Ash, (I liked how Ash hugged.....I mean grabbed Bianca's waist for helping her) Iris and Cilan help, Bianca finally reels out the Pokémon, which revealed to be a Pink Frillish. It's annoying when that crazy Frillish hugged Ash and the others like that. Geez, Ash should've punched that Frillish in the eye to get rid of it. Oh well, at least Pikachu zapped that stupid Frillish by using Thunderbolt on it.

I didn't like how the Frillish ended up helping Ash and co. defeating TRio at the end. Geez, what's up with annoying Pokémon helping Ash and Co. in some of the episodes? I don't like it when the writers tries to make an annoying Pokémon look good like they did with Frillish.
    So they left the place, too bad Cilan didn't got the Basculin he caught in the fake fishing competition. Bianca told the group that she's going to Desert Resort for training before leaving them. She's supposed to join Ash and co. for a while, but since this episode didn't air on it's original airdate.....the event got retconned and she ended up leaving the group instead of joining them. :/
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 4th November 2013 at 9:04 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567