Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Fishing Connoisseur in a Fishy Competition (685)

I just looked at Bulbapedia & I'm really upset that the writers did this:

Quote Originally Posted by Blubapedia View Post

This episode, in order to better place it between BW039 and BW040, went through a couple of minor retcons:
    • All references to the gang being in Castelia City have been removed.
    • The ending has been altered to show Bianca leaving the group, contradicting the following two episodes in which she is travelling with them.

Despite the edits listed above, a couple of indications that this was an earlier episode have been left in:
    • Cilan looks up the fact that the next Gym is in Nimbasa City.
    • The gang are surprised to see James owning a Yamask (to the point where Ash scans it in his Pokédex), despite having encountered it several times before.
    I just hope this doesn't happen when they air it in the dub, or find some way to fix it
    Last edited by Mr.Munchlax; 23rd June 2011 at 1:04 PM.
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Was the episode aired as if they were on their way to Nimbassa City or were tey still in Castelia City?
    It was edited like they were on Nimbasa City (at least that's what it seemed like), but there were a few inconsistencies (like the map Cilan had, pretty much showed they were technically still in Castelia City). And there was Ash scanning James' Yamask (come on writers if Bianca scanned Yamask like she did Frillish then...well it would've been preferable) but no they made it seem like that was the second time Ash saw a Yamask (the first time he saw James' Yamask). I guess Ash was too busy to scan it in the earlier episodes, right writers?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Oh but they didn't bother taking the dex analysis of Yamask there... after battling it a couple of times, he was like "wooo Yamask".

Loss of time of an episode, well atleast it can't be considered filler, Belle appeared, Dent captured something even though it was released by Trollish, it still sucked this is probably the worst non filler episode in the series right now.
    Last edited by Pepsi_Plunge; 23rd June 2011 at 1:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    It was edited like they were on Nimbasa City (at least that's what it seemed like), but there were a few inconsistencies (like the map Cilan had, pretty much showed they were technically still in Castelia City). And there was Ash scanning James' Yamask (come on writers if Bianca scanned Yamask like she did Frillish then...well it would've been preferable) but no they made it seem like that was the second time Ash saw a Yamask (the first time he saw James' Yamask). I guess Ash was too busy to scan it in the earlier episodes, right writers?
    I'm sorry if this is spamming since I was editing my post when dman_dustin did his, but I'm still REALLY hoping that they don't make these changes when this episode airs in the dub ALOT. If not, I guess I'm ok with it. Nothing to really fuss over, right?
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

By the edits they did, what will happen to the TR vs TP episode if they air it T__T ? TR will have White Uniforms and James will have Yamask caught? T_______T

Just woke up, Someone watched the episode? I've heard that Dento caught the Basuaro, is it true?

Quote Originally Posted by -Salamence- View Post
    Just woke up, Someone watched the episode? I've heard that Dento caught the Basuaro, is it true?
    Yes, but that stupid Frillish released it.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    I just hope the writers don't screw up the postponed episodes of TR VS TP. Hopefully TPIC will air this episode RIGHT AFTER the Castelia Gym battle.

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Anyone want to take a guess at what EXACTLY it was about this episode that caused them to postpone it this long? I'm clueless.
    Currently looking for:
    Charizardite Y
    Mewtwonite Y
    Heracronite
    Houndoominite
    Aggronite

Currently up for trade:
        Spoiler:- Shinies:

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 0318-7800-9760

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcoat View Post
    Anyone want to take a guess at what EXACTLY it was about this episode that caused them to postpone it this long? I'm clueless.
    Maybe they edited that part out to make us more clueless about why it was cancelled in the first place.

Maybe they cancelled this episode because of what Ash did to Bianca in the pic below (hint: look at were Ash's hands are) ,

http://i51.*******.com/izz3ww.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcoat View Post
    An scene where A Basculin, or a group of Tympole used an attack that caused a big wave was edited out maybe? I mean, Ash did skip dexing them in episode 35, so maybe that's why.

Basculin seemed like a good Pokemon for Cilan, oh well. I'd actually have preferred Iris to get, I guess they can still get it, but I doubt it. I wonder if that Frillish will appear again, it served no importance in that episode in my opinion.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    I just hope the writers don't screw up the postponed episodes of TR VS TP. Hopefully TPIC will air this episode RIGHT AFTER the Castelia Gym battle.
    TR vs TP is set before the gym battle
    .................................................. ......................

I don't really understand why they decided to show this episode in the end.. it was a complete waste of time and actually really sucked.

I'd say it was the worst episode of the Best Wishes saga so far.. and I just hope that if they decide to show the TR episodes in the future, they aren't nearly as messed up.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

o.o Did they ever find out it was Team Rocket? That could mean Team Rocket aquired new Pokemon seeing as how this fishing tourney was fake.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

So, did the episode take place in Castelia City or did they change the place?
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    So, did the episode take place in Castelia City or did they change the place?
    You know, you may be too lazy to do that, but a member answered that question just a couple of posts above of yours. Reading posts on previous pages or simply on this one helps, ya know?
    Last edited by Janovy; 23rd June 2011 at 3:20 PM.

OK. I'm in love with Dento's fishing side. That side is EPIC beyond words. You can't call it fabulous. IT'S JUST....LIKE A ...um I don't know OR SOMETHING!!! XDD

He goes from all =DDDDD TO >:] >:] >:] >:]

I hope with the english dub this episode as well as Tr vs Tp airs in the right order
    .................................................. ......................

Looks entertaining. Cilan doing his fishing time again(Even if this would be the first time if it was in order).

Team Rocket looked entertaining. Why catch Pokemon yourself when others can do it for you.

I look forward to watching the episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

So this is BW40 or BW37 (If TR vs. TP episodes air and they do the same)??? because they didn't mention at all they were in Castelia... and Bianca LEAVES the group at the end! wtf they edited a lot this episode it seems.

Nice episode, I wanted for someone to catch something but whateva. 6/10

I give this epi 10/10 for me. I loved it then again I'm not just a poke_maniac but a fishing_maniac *shot* only but my skillz borderline Bianca's...I'm enthusiastic at least

Well though i am not sure but isn't the way the Pink Frillish was shown in this episode kind of similar to how Sandile was shown in BW 003. So wouldn't it be possible for it to appear in future episodes (though the chances of this happening is very low).

This episode was pretty good. I'll rate it an 8/10. The pink Frillish was absolutely hilarious, too!

I admit that I'm very disappointed. I thought that this episode was going to be pretty amazing since the previews made it seem exciting, but I almost fell asleep while I was watching it. Apart from Cilan's little adventure with Basculin, I didn't find this episode to be very entertaining. Even that little ordeal with the female Frillish was bland. I am wondering why this episode was even postponed to begin with, though. Nothing about this episode raised any sort of alarm. I've heard people mention that they might've cut out some scenes, but it couldn't have taken them months to do that, so I'm still very curious about this. Anyway, this gets a 3/10.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I'd say it was the worst episode of the Best Wishes saga so far
    Oh come on, the Gothitelle episode set the bar pretty low; can you really say that this episode was any worse than that?
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast