Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A Fishing Connoisseur in a Fishy Competition (685)

now that this episode been aired in japan will it air after the gym battle here in the us or will it be aired when the show over here get to this point?

I love Cilan!!

Not my favorite episode.

Sure, there were some good parts, but there were more plot holes and items that didn't make sense due to it being delayed. Why couldn't they make it more sensical?
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

BTW with all the editing in this ep, shouldn't it make this ep 37 of BW, basically making ep 25 and 27-39 now 23-36? Just saying that would make the most sense.Plus, it would prevent confusion for those catching up in the series.
    Last edited by MissingNo1130; 28th June 2011 at 3:00 AM.

Why was this episode delayed for airing... Will it be delayed in English as well?

Likely so, due to the retcons.

On the other hand, since this ep occurs in a city, I'm wondering why they didn't just make this ep part of the Nimbasa set? At least then, the ending wouldn't have had to be redone. True, though the beginning of the Nimbasa mini-series proper would have had to been redone, but still...
    Ash was 10 when he started and is still 10 today.

My boss was in college when Ash started and he's still in college today.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance The Champ View Post
    Why was this episode delayed for airing... Will it be delayed in English as well?
    It was delayed with BW23 and 24, likely due to the original episode spoiling the other delayed episode. They re-worked the episode so it doesn't spoil anything, though there still were some small continuity errors.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

...I don't know, I watched this, and in my opinion this still really fits in better as BW026 than between the Archeops and Zorua episodes. Yeah, Bianca leaves at the end, but you can just say they all hooked up on the way out of Castellia and Emolga antics ensue.

Between the obvious surrounding of Castellia City, Ash is looking up James' Yamask, everyone acting shocked that Cilan loves to fish, etc. etc. Yeah, this is still BW026 to me. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Lance The Champ View Post
    Yup, I'd guess so as the titles for the Emolga episodes have been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Greenville View Post
    Likely so, due to the retcons.

On the other hand, since this ep occurs in a city, I'm wondering why they didn't just make this ep part of the Nimbasa set? At least then, the ending wouldn't have had to be redone. True, though the beginning of the Nimbasa mini-series proper would have had to been redone, but still...
    Probably has been done so already...

Quote Originally Posted by Akira Takamedo View Post
    ...I don't know, I watched this, and in my opinion this still really fits in better as BW026 than between the Archeops and Zorua episodes. Yeah, Bianca leaves at the end, but you can just say they all hooked up on the way out of Castellia and Emolga antics ensue.

Between the obvious surrounding of Castellia City, Ash is looking up James' Yamask, everyone acting shocked that Cilan loves to fish, etc. etc. Yeah, this is still BW026 to me. =P
    They tried to remove everything that made it seem like Castelia, but they failed so I have to agree with you on this.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

cilan made another capture but released this one like the seaking in johto
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    cilan made another capture but released this one like the seaking in johto
    Frillish released it, not Cilan.

I don't like fishing and I used Iris an example.

No patience.

Random : PokéRadar

Not a bad episode, quite enjoyed seeing Cilan go overboard on fishing though do we really need him going totally overboard, like Brock with the girls. Also liked Iris's way of fishing. One highlight was TR actually being practical and not going after Pikachu.

Did we really have put the retcons in especially when your not going to bother editing other stuff out like Ash scanning Yanmask & Bianca still with the group come the Emogla episode. Ya should've just left it in Castelia City & broadcast this as episode 26.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

So, finally aired this ... taboo-ish episode, after watch it, I really don´t know why it was delayed

- Apparently Ash has no shame to being in his underwear drying his clothes in the middle of the street
    - I ... really didn´t got that Team Rocket plan, I mean ... if they just want water Pokémon for Giovanni, why they don´t just catch´em by themselves?
    - This time, Iris made the episode with her fishing skills XD, and Team Rocket disqualifying her for do that makes their plan EVEN MORE pointless :S
    - If this episode was aired in the original time, I would found it Cilan´s fishing ability useless, but now that we know thanks to that he got Stunfisk, it´s just great
    - No Tympole here, then why Ash didn´t scanned that Tympoles from BW035?
    - I wanted Bianca to get that female Frillish, it suits her
    - I love to see Pansage battling, a grass Pokémon that doesn´t puke Solarbeam is nice for a change, I wish it could learn a new grass type attack

Not a bad episode, everything about Cilan is plain awesome, even if he didn´t too much in this episode, but at least he doesn´t sit in the background, same with Iris

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle_007 View Post
    - No Tympole here, then why Ash didn´t scanned that Tympoles from BW035?
    Because he was underwater?

It was nice to see the femal Frillish form, and Iris and Cilan's fishing skills were cool. I kind of would have liked Cialn to keep the Basculin, but it wouldn't have been able to do anything on land.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    Basculin, but it wouldn't have been able to do anything on land.
    What makes you say that?

JJM "Unova is ours! And we did it all for the boss!"

Thank god! I was worried they were going to alliterate again....

Why didn't team rocket escape with jet packs from the beginning? haha
    Do you like animes such as Fairy Tail, SKET Dance, etc?
    Do you enjoy digital art, and art competitions?
    Do you love an engaging community where everyone is close to each other?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, you should REALLY join...

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    When that female Frillish was loving Ash he should have caught her, took her to a private room, and explored her but instead he got all freaked out! Come on Ash! You'll never be a Pokemon master if you don't learn to have sex with Pokemon! Especially if you have females you have to explore them personally, mentally and of course physically. Its very hard to get a Pokemon to mate with you and you blew it by not catching that lovely female Frillish!
    I want Frillish to appear again, yeah, but not like......THAT.

Jesus Christ on a stick, is this the typical behaviour of a Lopunny/Gardevoir fanboy?

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

An okay episode. I just REALLY wish Cilan kept Basculin... I've been raising one to prove to people it's not entirely useless.
    Also, everyone keeps saying it was delayed or something? Could someone explain that?

It's a good episode. Ash and friends participate in a fishing competition, only to find out it was run by Team Rocket. They were going to send the Pokemon to the boss, only to find out a Frillish foiled their plans.

They finally air this episode because it was skipped in japan because of the earthquake. Now I wish they would air the Team Plasma episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    An okay episode. I just REALLY wish Cilan kept Basculin... I've been raising one to prove to people it's not entirely useless.
    Also, everyone keeps saying it was delayed or something? Could someone explain that?
    The episode was supposed to air right before the Emolga episode, but it was delayed for no apparent reason.

And I agree with you 100% on Basculin. Cilan should have kept his, and the species is far from useless. Ever seen a Basculin's Adaptability-boosted Aqua Tail in action? It destroys things. Utterly.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Prologue up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    They finally air this episode because it was skipped in japan because of the earthquake. Now I wish they would air the Team Plasma episodes.
    It wasn't skipped, it was postponed, like the Team Plasma episodes are.

I liked this episode. The Frillish parts were weird and maybe the Frillish parts and the Team Rocket parts were changes from what caused this to be cancelled.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    It's a good episode. Ash and friends participate in a fishing competition, only to find out it was run by Team Rocket. They were going to send the Pokemon to the boss, only to find out a Frillish foiled their plans.

About Team Plasma, what episodes are you talking about? And I want to see them make an appearance in the ANIME!!!
    Do you like animes such as Fairy Tail, SKET Dance, etc?
    Do you enjoy digital art, and art competitions?
    Do you love an engaging community where everyone is close to each other?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, you should REALLY join...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast