Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: A Fishing Connoisseur in a Fishy Competition (685)

Quote Originally Posted by _Snivy View Post
    Why didn't team rocket escape with jet packs from the beginning? haha
    Because Ash and co. could've attacked them with their Pokemon, so instead they got Yamask to use Haze, so that they can go to a building, to escape from the twerps. So yeah, that was probably the best option for them.

Quote Originally Posted by _Snivy View Post
    About Team Plasma, what episodes are you talking about? And I want to see them make an appearance in the ANIME!!!
    The postponed ones, BW023 and BW024.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Quote Originally Posted by playerking View Post
    The postponed ones, BW023 and BW024.
    Thank you!
    Do you like animes such as Fairy Tail, SKET Dance, etc?
    Do you enjoy digital art, and art competitions?
    Do you love an engaging community where everyone is close to each other?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, you should REALLY join...

The dub handled the retcon so much better than the Japanese version since they made all of the little flubs make sense
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Another terrible dub name. Well, this episode found like an episode in Sinnoh: lacking. The Japanese version was better.

Cilan was a little annoying today. And so was Bianca.

The dubbed gets a 5/10.

The Japanese version gets a 6/10.
    Last edited by Sushi; 15th October 2011 at 10:29 PM.
    Help Staryu, will you?

I have claimed Houndoom.
    When you start something, finish it.

I just saw the episode on Cartoon Network's Western feed. I can't believe they retconned the episode. Bianca was supposed to accompany Ash and his friends later on in the episode on their way to Nimbasa City.

I also can't believe the dub followed the episode's postponement.

Plus, Wikipedia said that there was a big wave in the competition (the reason why the episode was postponed in Japan), which I didn't get to see today.

If TV TOKYO bans "Team Rocket vs. Team Plasma" from broadcast and butchers more episodes like they did that one, I'll be so steamed.

I believe Team Rocket is a team of rocket scientists.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    LOL! She's so funny haha!
    Do you like animes such as Fairy Tail, SKET Dance, etc?
    Do you enjoy digital art, and art competitions?
    Do you love an engaging community where everyone is close to each other?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, you should REALLY join...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    The dub handled the retcon so much better than the Japanese version since they made all of the little flubs make sense
    Yeah. Instead of Cilan checking the map to see where the next gym was like it was in the Japanese version, he checks it to see how much longer they have left till they get there. Pretty smart.

I found Cilan slightly irritating for the first time, but there's nothing like this in the future so far. Bianca and Iris were good with the comedy.

Really wish Ash or Bianca would have caught that Frillish. Especially if Ash caught it over Palpitoad.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

You know it's odd. Many people found Dento irritating in this episode =/ yet this was the episode I really liked him (like is it just me? Is it because he fishes?) How was he annoying ^^; I just don't see it maybe it's because I don't watch them in english? I don't know
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

I don't think Jason Griffith can express joy well....

I know this would never happen in a million years but if Misty were here it'd be fun to see her & Cilan clash on who's the better fisher

Also, I still say that Cilan can make boring stuff like filing tax incomes exciting
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

I thought the episode was okay. But it would have made it a million times better if Bianca caught Frillish and Cilan got to keep Basculin!!!

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

So um..where was the giant wave that people were so uptight about?

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    Bianca FTW. Seriously, if it weren't for that hilarious girl, this episode would have sucked. She reminds me of Barry, lol.

Meh... I still think this was one of the worst episodes of BW, but its horribleness actually made me feel nostalgic. It reminded me of one of those trashy Sinnoh fillers that are still strangely enjoyable, like this episode. Why do I seem to enjoy every single Pokemon episode, even the poorly written fillers?

Kudos to TPCi for not revealing the "fact" that the trio is in Castelia.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Maybe it's because I knew about it, but this episode felt terribly out of place; and because of that I couldn't enjoy it. I still say Bianca should have gotten to catch that Frillish. It would be cool if the writers did that for us.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

This episode was good. Nice to see Basculin; one of my favorite 5th generation pokemon. Also liked TR making reference to stealing pokemon for "the boss" again.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Holy mother of uasgdi09430=92w34=5 423w=52=3. Team Rocket DIDN'T want to steal Pikachu! Man, they have grown smarter!

I don't think I would have lost any sleep if this disjointed mess of an episode stayed banned.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Fine episode. Cilan should have kept Basculin, but oh well. It can be disappointing that this was postponed, but at least that's one out of three postponed episodes out of the way.

It was a fun episode, I would have preferred this episode not to be retconned and for Cilan to keep Basculin but eh, can't help the anime these days.

Good! 70/100

I enjoyed this episode. It was fun to see cilan showing his fishing expertise: Reel in slowly and wait for the bite but remember it may only be tasting the bait at first. I also enjoyed Bianca today as she was over the top and over excited but she wasn't annoying and she made me laugh .

The only thing that annoys me is that the writers go out to edit the episode to fit the timeline but they don't do the job fully by missing stuff. Like Ash being surprised Cilan was a fishing connoisseur even though he was told when cilan caught stunfisk and he was surprised to see james' yamask when he has seen it on numerous occasions. However, only a minor thing for the episode but I still enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekaku View Post
    So um..where was the giant wave that people were so uptight about?
    Umm, the only scene I can think of, is the graphic with Cilan on a fishing boat with the water pokemon within the large waves.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Man I missed it.

My other dragon please visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    I enjoyed this episode. It was fun to see cilan showing his fishing expertise: Reel in slowly and wait for the bite but remember it may only be tasting the bait at first. I also enjoyed Bianca today as she was over the top and over excited but she wasn't annoying and she made me laugh .

The only thing that annoys me is that the writers go out to edit the episode to fit the timeline but they don't do the job fully by missing stuff. Like Ash being surprised Cilan was a fishing connoisseur even though he was told when cilan caught stunfisk and he was surprised to see james' yamask when he has seen it on numerous occasions. However, only a minor thing for the episode but I still enjoyed it.

Umm, the only scene I can think of, is the graphic with Cilan on a fishing boat with the water pokemon within the large waves.
    Oh yeah I was wondering about the Yamask thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    The only thing that annoys me is that the writers go out to edit the episode to fit the timeline but they don't do the job fully by missing stuff. Like Ash being surprised Cilan was a fishing connoisseur even though he was told when cilan caught stunfisk and he was surprised to see james' yamask when he has seen it on numerous occasions.
    It was Bianca who was surprised to see Yamask. Ash just told her what pokemon it was. He clearly wasn't surprised at all. :/

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast