Thread: Destiny Thread

Default Destiny Thread

Title explains it. Just want to see what everyone thinks about Destiny so far and what Bungie has released. Go!

It looks pretty interesting. I can't decide what system to get it on, though. Probably PS4, unless there's a PC release.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate View Post
    It looks pretty interesting. I can't decide what system to get it on, though. Probably PS4, unless there's a PC release.
    A lot of my friends are switching to PS4 from Xbox. It's gunna be amazing i promise.

DESTINYYYYYYY! Yay!

Ever since the gameplay shown at E3 I've been excited for this all over again. I'm sure I'm going to get it, but I don't know what system. Leaning towards PS4, since they have a 10 year plan for it right?

I will be getting this for the PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I will be getting this for the PS4.
    As will most of the people who own Xbox now, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    Ever since the gameplay shown at E3 I've been excited for this all over again. I'm sure I'm going to get it, but I don't know what system. Leaning towards PS4, since they have a 10 year plan for it right?
    As I understand it, from how Bungie have been describing it, the 10 year plan is for the game overall not the game on specific platform.

There is some talk about exclusive content for the PS3 and PS4 versions but I don't know if they've confirmed that or what kind of content it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    As I understand it, from how Bungie have been describing it, the 10 year plan is for the game overall not the game on specific platform.

There is some talk about exclusive content for the PS3 and PS4 versions but I don't know if they've confirmed that or what kind of content it would be.
    I'm guessing it's either going to be customization, new map or a new mission perhaps? You never know with Bungie, they always do crazy things.

I really cannot wait for it. It looks sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by Night_Walker View Post
    "It" was referring to the game itself. If it's going to last a decade then it'd be wise to get it on a next gen console. It's better than having to switch between, say, PS4 and PS3 just for one game. I'd either have to keep my PS3 still set up and plugged in by my TV or leave it lying around and plug it in every time I felt like playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    "It" was referring to the game itself. If it's going to last a decade then it'd be wise to get it on a next gen console. It's better than having to switch between, say, PS4 and PS3 just for one game. I'd either have to keep my PS3 still set up and plugged in by my TV or leave it lying around and plug it in every time I felt like playing.
    I didn't even pre-order it yet. I don't want to have to re-buy it or use my 360 every time. It's just annoying.

I cannot wait for this game, looks like yet another masterpiece from one of the greatest game studios in existence.

The scope and detail of the universe, at least what we've seen of it so far, looks simply great - really in keeping with Bungie's always impressive standards and fantastic imaginations.
    ~ The planets and moons look really good; I'm particularly impressed by their vision of a terraformed vibrant verdant Venus, a desert Mars and the icy Titan.
    ~ But it's the foes, as is usual for Bungie, who look particularly fantastic and definitely seem like they will play quite differently from one another - after all lets face no way are the Cabal gonna be fast and nimble like the Fallen. So far I like all of the races but am most interested in the Elite/Sangheili-like Fallen, the seemingly parasitic Hive, and the very intriguing time travelling Vex.

I'm really excited and interested by the player character options Bungie have created, along with what they seem to have done in terms of customisation.
    ~ All three races so far announced sound interesting, granted Humans are well just Humans but what else would you expect. I'm really curious to know if any of the races, particularly the Awoken and Exos, have any special abilities or traits.
    ~ The three classes seem interesting, and certainly look visually distinct with different overall looks and silhouettes, although more information on their special abilities and traits would be good. I'm also not sure how Bungie intends to make sure none of the classes are more powerful/practical/whatever than the others since in a lot of games that involve classes there's often one that is better than the others.
    ~ Curious to know what the situation is with factions and if joining any grants players bonuses or traits.
    ~ The armours that have been shown so far all look great, giving each class a particular style but also having different sorts of looks in there as well. Curious to see how colouring and mixing and matching will work out.

Having played Borderlands 2 I'm also curious to see how Bungie will balance the RPG and FPS elements of the game. Am glad to hear that they're talking about levelling up weapons and gear, so hopefully there will be less potential situations where loot hasn't dropped for a while and you're starting to struggle as enemy levels go up.