Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1288

Thread: The Steam/Valve Thread: Now available on mobile!

damn.
    they had a portal 1 and 2 bundle for $7
    but i dint have any cash in my account, and i couldnt get to the store to get a card until its over.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me or take a look at the information in my profile.

Who was it that was waiting for Dark Souls? It's part of the Flash Sale, 50% off.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I just bought both Portal games (got them at $6.50 total because I bought them in the last hour of their flash sale ) and castle crashers. They are all being installed as I type.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/11i1u8j.png[/IMG]

Credit to Mew_ for the banner and pokemon player for the Growlithe Lickies.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/4920/

Today, Natural Selection 2 is 10 bucks. I highly recommend it - it's really underrated, and easily one of the best multiplayer games on Steam.

There should be a feature that allows you to send gifts to your future self. Kinda like a delayed game purchase. After you send the gift, you eventually forget about it. Then you're feeling down one day, when suddenly, surprise! A Steam gift from your past self!

I don't know, it seemed like a good idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    There should be a feature that allows you to send gifts to your future self. Kinda like a delayed game purchase. After you send the gift, you eventually forget about it. Then you're feeling down one day, when suddenly, surprise! A Steam gift from your past self!

I don't know, it seemed like a good idea to me.
    I would get really pissed off waiting for my game.

But that would be kind of cool.

On a side note, is Counter Strike: Global Offensive worth its price?

Holy crap Sleeping Dogs is currently less than $5. Jump on that.

Holy crap Sleeping Dogs is currently less than $5. Jump on that.
    It's $16.99 O_o

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

It was 91% off, but they fixed it after about 30 minutes. Probably the best deal in the whole sale.

It was 91% off, but they fixed it after about 30 minutes. Probably the best deal in the whole sale.
    Yeah, I'd already bought it though. Haven't played it too much, heats up my cards like a volcano for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Yeah, I'd already bought it though. Haven't played it too much, heats up my cards like a volcano for some reason.
    Same.

I haven't played it either, but I sure am glad I noticed that.

This is it!

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/7/3848...-steam-and-big
    Valve's oft-rumored "Steam Box" is making its first public appearance at CES 2013 thanks to a newly announced partnership with mini-PC maker Xi3.

Xi3 today announced "an investment from Valve Corporation" and a "new development stage computer game system," which is being showcased at both the Xi3 and Valve booths at CES this week.

The still-in-development is optimized for computer game play on large, high-definition displays. Xi3 says that the modular computer was designed specifically to support both Steam and Big Picture mode.

"Today marks the beginning of a new era for Xi3," said Jason A. Sullivan, founder, president and CEO of Xi3. "This new development stage product will allow users to take full-advantage of their large high-definition TV displays for an amazing computer game experience.

"As a result, this new system could provide access to thousands of gaming titles through an integrated system that exceeds the capabilities of leading game consoles, but can fit in the palm of your hand."

It is unclear from the initial announcement what the specs of the product are. We have reached out to both Valve and Xi3 for comment. The device is at both the Valve and Xi3 booths at CES. This story is developing and we will provide updates when we find out more information.

Needs specs and a price before it is really at all relevant. That's the issue with designing custom PCs. You need to make them worth it.

So I guess that means we'll be getting some specs in the near future? Ballin'.

ALRIGHT STEAM BOX INFORMATION RELEASED
    SCREW YOU AND YOUR POSTING RULES

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/7/3849...-steam-box-xi3

The "Steam Box" modular computer announced by hardware maker Xi3 and Valve at CES is codenamed "Piston" and is modeled after the PC maker's X7A line of pint-sized computers, Xi3 reps tell Polygon.

Xi3 brought an early version of Piston to CES, but was tight lipped on details about the hardware currently in development with Valve. Xi3 chief marketing officer David Politis told Polygon that Piston will offer up to 1 TB of interal storage and offer modular component updates, including the option to upgrade the PC's CPU and RAM.

Xi3 wouldn't discuss price for Piston, but commented that the Steam Box is based on its "performance level" X7A offering, which is priced at $999. Xi3 declined to comment on what would differentiate Piston hardware-wise from a standard X7A.

Xi3 also offers the entry level X5A, which is priced at $499 with a Linux operating system.

The demo unit of Piston featured an IO board boasting one ethernet port, 1/8" audio in/out, SPDIF optical audio, four USB 3.0 ports, four USB 2.0 ports (with one dedicated to keyboard input), four eSATAp ports, two Mini Display Port ports and one DisplayPort/HDMI port.
    Mmmm upgrade-able parts.
    Mmmm Linux.
    Mmmm $999--
    Wait.
    Wait not mmm.
    PANIC.
    That costs more than the PC I'm building.
    Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    ALRIGHT STEAM BOX INFORMATION RELEASED
    SCREW YOU AND YOUR POSTING RULES

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/7/3849...-steam-box-xi3

Mmmm upgrade-able parts.
    Mmmm Linux.
    Mmmm $999--
    Wait.
    Wait not mmm.
    PANIC.
    That costs more than the PC I'm building.
    Jesus.
    Their Linux machine is only 500, it's probably less powerful as well however. Regardless, $1000 isn't very much in terms of gaming grade hardware. I spent more than that on just my graphics cards.

Looks like it wasn't the real SteamBox at all.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2414039,00.asp

I just hope they call the real one the GabeCube or the GabeStation.

Hmmm... The plot thickens.

EDIT: Thickens more! http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/news/...nsole-details/
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 9th January 2013 at 1:24 AM.

Hmmm... The plot thickens.

EDIT: Thickens more! http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/news/...nsole-details/
    It says it will use biometrics?

Confirmed that you get godmode on every game if you pass a certain weight level.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    It says it will use biometrics?

Confirmed that you get godmode on every game if you pass a certain weight level.
    Valve has expressed interest in biometrics for a while. Like monitoring your heart rate while playing L4D and adjusting the difficulty accordingly.

Valve has expressed interest in biometrics for a while. Like monitoring your heart rate while playing L4D and adjusting the difficulty accordingly.
    Oh my God.
    Imagine it with me, gents:

You and your partners are crawling through the halls of an abandoned school building L4D2 mod, getting ever closer to the safe house. Two of you are out of ammo and are left with just single pistols, while the other two just have Melee weapons left. You haven't seen a zombie for a few moments, and your lack of ammo, coupled with the closed-quarters of the hallway, are highly unsettling. You hear a deep grunt somewhere nearby, but not close enough to see. You lean closer to the monitor, your heart slowly beginning to beat faster. Somewhere behind you, a light cough. Your team mates form a diamond pattern, nervously guarding your flanks. Your mouse hand begins to twitch as you hear the faint sobbing of a Witch nearby; you pray she isn't near the safe house. Your heart pounds faster, and you hear the deep grunt again; it's the unmistakable sound of a Tank. One of your team mates begins to sob a little bit, and another melees him, telling him to shut up, although it is obvious he is panicking as well. Your heart rates increase even more, as your greatest fear at this point shows itself:

In order to continue on, you must trip an alarm door.

As you let out a little gasp of terror, suddenly a Smoker makes itself known, snatching up one of your comrades before you can react, resulting in a loud scream from over his mic. As panic begins to wash over your party, special and common infected alike begin to swarm your leftover trio. The two with melee weapons hack away at the oncoming horde, as you blast away with your pistol. A hunter pins one of your meleers, and the other cannot get to him in time. Suddenly, the music changes.

"TAAAAAANK."

Biometrics wouldn't work so well for me. When I play L4D it's just a huge joke for me, I don't take anything seriously. I just run around with the katana waving it wildly at anything and everything.

You guys should get To the Moon.

Take Amnesia's sheer amount of horror and replace the horror with emotion.

Why can't I hold all these feels.

Biometrics wouldn't work so well for me. When I play L4D it's just a huge joke for me, I don't take anything seriously. I just run around with the katana waving it wildly at anything and everything.
    C'mon man, can't you just let me have this one thing?

It wouldn't be just L4D, though. Any game where your stress level would go up, it would make increasingly difficult, taunting you to press forward. It could be really neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    You guys should get To the Moon.

Take Amnesia's sheer amount of horror and replace the horror with emotion.

Why can't I hold all these feels.
    I bought it when it was on sale, haven't played it much. I don't really like the control scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    C'mon man, can't you just let me have this one thing?

It wouldn't be just L4D, though. Any game where your stress level would go up, it would make increasingly difficult, taunting you to press forward. It could be really neat.
    Wonder what it would do if I got angry at it.

Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 LastLast