Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steam/Valve Thread: Now available on mobile!

Heavy is easy mode.

I like using the Brass Beast as Heavy - it makes it more challenging due to the movement speeds but crushes everyone.

I personally love using the BAWSS Beast, especially for KOTH. Once you cap, sit back and chew up anyone who gets in your face. Then pick up their guns for ammo.

Yeah, Heavy is easy mode.

Tomislav is probably my favorite of the machine guns overall.

I love going Tomislav/Sandvich/GRU. Especially if you have a pocket Medic, where the GRU helps build up ubers quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    I love going Tomislav/Sandvich/GRU. Especially if you have a pocket Medic, where the GRU helps build up ubers quicker.
    Favorite set on offense. I just can't seem to use it very well when I play against bots; for some reason the medicbots' brains crap out when I go GRU and they don't heal me as reliably. So I tend to get slightly screwed out of a pocket medic unless I'm on a server with actual players.

Personally I don't like the Tomislav, I'd rather hit harder despite it meaning moving much slower.

Anyone else thinks the Cowmangler 5000 is bonkers? Not that I didn't craft mine, but still, I liked Soldier more when he wasn't shooting lasers.

And I prefer Natascha on Heavy. Especially useful against those pesky Scouts. It's a really bad matchup against other Heavy's though.

As for all the new Soldier weapons... this sums it up.

I don't know if this would go here, since it's not technically a Valve game. It is built on the Valve source engine though.

Has anyone heard of Vindictus? It's a Nexon game and it's a prequel to another game of theirs called Mabinogi. I think the Korean name was Mabinogi Heroes.

It's pretty cool. You can be 1 of 5 (only 4 are out so far) characters and they each have different builds.

As for all the new Soldier weapons... this sums it up.

I believe I saw that episode of Family Guy quite recently!
    Speaking of Soldier weapons, I recently found a Black Box, and plan to make a Cow Mangler 5000. I have two questions:
    1. Does it require anything other than 1 reclaimed metal and 1 Black Box?
    2. Can free players craft it?
    Last edited by Abstinence Pistols; 29th July 2011 at 10:55 PM.

Any reason as to why I can download Half-Life: Source and Half-Life Deathmatch: Source for free on my Steam account? They didn't come in the Half-Life Complete pack that I bought and I can't find any information about them. I started downloading HL: Source and it was already at 78% as well...

I'm not complaining, just very curious.

So I'm installing TF2 on my new comp right now. The download speed keeps jumping around, its hilarious. Gonna be tight, y'all~

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    1. Does it require anything other than 1 reclaimed metal and 1 Black Box?
    2. Can free players craft it?
    1. Nope.
    2. Yup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Any reason as to why I can download Half-Life: Source and Half-Life Deathmatch: Source for free on my Steam account? They didn't come in the Half-Life Complete pack that I bought and I can't find any information about them. I started downloading HL: Source and it was already at 78% as well...

I'm not complaining, just very curious.
    You should download HL1 instead. Source is pretty bad, from what I've heard. Plus you don't get the original HL1 mod support.

1. Nope.
    2. Yup.

You should download HL1 instead. Source is pretty bad, from what I've heard. Plus you don't get the original HL1 mod support.
    I already have downloaded the original HL1. I'm downloading these since it's the end of the month and thus my Internet is going to roll-over and I don't want to lose these for any reason.

Great! Cow Mangler 5000 here I come!

Still don't have the new Solly laser weapons. But i have a spare Battalion's Backup to craft the Righteous Bison. But i already got a spare Black Box and crafted it into the Liberty Launcher from the Item Drop a few days before the Cow Mangler and the Righteous Bison came, even before the Grockets were implemented.

I got a Liberty Launcher from a drop then when I went to equip it I realized I had a Black Box.

I've heard that the Cow Mangler STILL lags the **** out of some servers.

Also: anyone here collect vintage items, just out of curiosity? I have 20+ vintage weapons I want to pawn off, hopefully for metal...

Just started on TF2 and I love capture the flag. And by the way, how hard is it to get the achievement "No Hitter?" That's the one for stealing intelligence and delivering it without using your weapon. I managed to pull it off on my first capture XD and it's my first non-crap achievement for the game.
    I'm sorry, were you expecting some kind of epic signature here?

Current works:
    A Modern Atlantis- Bioshock/Doctor Who crossover (FINALLY WRITING CHAPTER 3! Will post soon!)
    -When a perfectly mundane trip to the ocean floor causes the Doctor and his companions to discover an underwater city, they find a utopia that is anything but. (Rated PG-14 for language and violence)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiTheGengar View Post
    Just started on TF2 and I love capture the flag. And by the way, how hard is it to get the achievement "No Hitter?" That's the one for stealing intelligence and delivering it without using your weapon. I managed to pull it off on my first capture XD and it's my first non-crap achievement for the game.
    That's a rather easy achievement as it is common that as Scout you get to run from their intel to your base without encountering anyone. I got it pretty fast too, and without knowing such an achievement existed.

If anyone wants some help getting some achievements, feel free to let me know so I can add you in case you've not made any Steam purchases. If you're not a free Steam user, feel free to add me.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Just got the Cow Mangler 5000.
    Pwning online atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    That's a rather easy achievement as it is common that as Scout you get to run from their intel to your base without encountering anyone. I got it pretty fast too, and without knowing such an achievement existed.
    Yeah, I figured. I got it on Turbine and ran through without seeing anybody at all for some reason.

Does anybody know a good configuration for my laptop? The default controls are awkward with the touchpad.
    I'm sorry, were you expecting some kind of epic signature here?

Current works:
    A Modern Atlantis- Bioshock/Doctor Who crossover (FINALLY WRITING CHAPTER 3! Will post soon!)
    -When a perfectly mundane trip to the ocean floor causes the Doctor and his companions to discover an underwater city, they find a utopia that is anything but. (Rated PG-14 for language and violence)

Quote Originally Posted by LokiTheGengar View Post
    Yeah, I figured. I got it on Turbine and ran through without seeing anybody at all for some reason.

Does anybody know a good configuration for my laptop? The default controls are awkward with the touchpad.
    By all means, get a mouse. I'd recommend Logitech as a good brand.
    GT: Steeel Woool
    (Let me know you're from SPPF if you send a request)

Personal opinion: Change the WASD controls to the arrow keys. Also, ALWAYS use the Quick Switch function! It's saved me a lot of time overall.

Also, crafted a Cow Mangler. This thing is pretty cool. Still causes a bit of lag, I think.

Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast