Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steam/Valve Thread: Now available on mobile!

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    /me is practically pissing his pants waiting for morning when he can download TF2!
    EDIT: Downloading it.. 11 F*CKING HOURS!!!

Did you download the free version? Some veterans wrote a code for servers that filters out anyone who bought the free version as opposed to the paid version.
    Wow really? That sucks -_-

Anyone want to throw together a sort of Serebii server? My computer can barely run it as is and my internet is crap. If someone has the means, we could do that.

Stay classy TF2 fans.
    Luckily, I have a paid version, although I didn't buy it (props to noobers).

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Stay classy TF2 fans.
    While I think it's not right, I can understand where a server admin is coming from. Some people just don't like dealing with people who have no clue what they're doing and I can understand that.

In the end, it's whatever the server admin feels like doing. It's probably be best a F2P didn't go into that server anyways, they'd probably have to deal with a bunch of people getting pissy over them.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    While I think it's not right, I can understand where a server admin is coming from. Some people just don't like dealing with people who have no clue what they're doing and I can understand that.

In the end, it's whatever the server admin feels like doing. It's probably be best a F2P didn't go into that server anyways, they'd probably have to deal with a bunch of people getting pissy over them.
    The same thing can happen with someone who bought the game.

Anyway, this is nothing new. The same crap happened with the Halo and then again with the Mac update. As for the error mentioned earlier regarding not finding servers, it was just an error with Steam. I had difficulty searching through it as well.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The same thing can happen with someone who bought the game.

Anyway, this is nothing new. The same crap happened with the Halo and then again with the Mac update. As for the error mentioned earlier regarding not finding servers, it was just an error with Steam. I had difficulty searching through it as well.
    Obviously there's a much larger surge of new players now that it's free-to-play.

And the halo fiasco was even more ridiculous. People were saying they weren't going to heal halo owners and saying that it was Valve who was punishing these innocent players because they weren't being healed.

Stay classy TF2 fans.
    Okay, this is fricking retarded. I have as much of a right to play the damned game as anyone else. Seriously, I get where they're coming from but I'd like them to just make it about time like someone said. While some people are using it for a good reason, there's at least one asshole who's just being a snob.
    On a lighter note, has anyone else seen the "meet the.." videos? Those are amazing.

Yeah I got on fine tonight. Had some pretty good matches. I spend most of my time being a medic though, since no one ever wants to do it. But I enjoy being medic. The only bad part is because I don't play fps's, especially on PC, I have terrible aim and it isn't getting much better since all I'm doing is healing xD

Obviously there's a much larger surge of new players now that it's free-to-play.

And the halo fiasco was even more ridiculous. People were saying they weren't going to heal halo owners and saying that it was Valve who was punishing these innocent players because they weren't being healed.
    Lolwut? If anything, the people who didn't have Halos should have been segregated. Seriously, why would they do that?
    GT: Steeel Woool
    (Let me know you're from SPPF if you send a request)

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post
    On a lighter note, has anyone else seen the "meet the.." videos? Those are amazing.
    This thread was started with a link to the latest "Meet the..." video. So yes. We have seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Trainer View Post
    Yeah I got on fine tonight. Had some pretty good matches. I spend most of my time being a medic though, since no one ever wants to do it. But I enjoy being medic. The only bad part is because I don't play fps's, especially on PC, I have terrible aim and it isn't getting much better since all I'm doing is healing xD
    I like Scout, but I don't like his default weapon selection - I'm more of an automatic user. Ah well, hopefully I'll unlock some better guns.

This thread was started with a link to the latest "Meet the..." video. So yes. We have seen them.
    Oh.. Uh, YEAH.. duh, I knew that.. I was just testing you..

It was an absolute mess. People who didn't get halos were people who'd been caught abusing a third party program with the game to items quicker. They saw halo wearers and would kick them out of the servers, refuse to help them (i.e. Medic not healing, Pyro not putting burning players out, etc.) or would attach server mods that altered the model of the halo to a neon sign saying "I'M A HUGE FAGGOT."

Mac update was almost as bad.

Pyro not putting burning players out
    But that happens normally. :P

But that happens normally. :P
    In regards to competent Pyro users, anyway.

I uploaded two TF2 videos in the past few days, maybe you should check 'em out.
    First Video
    Second Video

They don't really show my play style, just my good moments. I seriously can't tell if I was playing with newbies or seriously bad players though, because I generally never do that well in Team Fortress 2.

Ditch the regular needlegun. Go with Blutsauger, instead. The negative is hardly noticeable, seeing as you can heal up when using it on enemies charging at you.

Totall FPS n00b, but its free so I'll give it a try
    I Quit SPPf (for the time being)
    Had a blast, cheers

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiDude View Post
    Totall FPS n00b, but its free so I'll give it a try
    Don't worry if you aren't experienced with FPSs, the light shooting elements don't detract from the hat-based gameplay.

Ditch the regular needlegun. Go with Blutsauger, instead. The negative is hardly noticeable, seeing as you can heal up when using it on enemies charging at you.
    Will keep that in mind next time I play, assuming I have the Blutsauger in my inventory. I don't actually play the Medic very often, but I should work on getting that achievement.
    How's my Heavy play? Any tips, knowing I don't have the new Minigun?

Get the Sandvich. While you lose out on having the shotgun as a backup gun, the Sandvich can help out in a TON of situations. For starters, ALWAYS be sure to throw it to a Medic in need of health. If you're low on health, don't have a Medic nearby and have to heal up quickly and can't afford to be open while eating the Sandvich, just toss it on the floor in front of you and eat it. While you won't heal completely, it's a quick way to recover.

Speaking of the Medic, ALWAYS keep an eye on your Medic. If you have no enemies in front of you, keep an eye open behind you. Medics are easy targets for Spies and nothing's more disastrous than a Medic who's built up getting back stabbed and then the Heavy he was supporting gets back stabbed as well.

heard a lot about this game, now that its free i decided to download it

im not that good at it but its a great game, anyone have any tips for me?

Get the Sandvich. While you lose out on having the shotgun as a backup gun, the Sandvich can help out in a TON of situations. For starters, ALWAYS be sure to throw it to a Medic in need of health. If you're low on health, don't have a Medic nearby and have to heal up quickly and can't afford to be open while eating the Sandvich, just toss it on the floor in front of you and eat it. While you won't heal completely, it's a quick way to recover.

Speaking of the Medic, ALWAYS keep an eye on your Medic. If you have no enemies in front of you, keep an eye open behind you. Medics are easy targets for Spies and nothing's more disastrous than a Medic who's built up getting back stabbed and then the Heavy he was supporting gets back stabbed as well.
    Getting items, in my opinion, is easier said than done. I don't have the Blutsauger nor the Sandvich. What is the easiest way to obtain these items?

Thanks for the other tips.

Easiest way is through the Milestone Achievements.

Getting items, in my opinion, is easier said than done. I don't have the Blutsauger nor the Sandvich. What is the easiest way to obtain these items?

Thanks for the other tips.
    Idle all day, 'erryday.
    GT: Steeel Woool
    (Let me know you're from SPPF if you send a request)

You just have to get the first Medic and Heavy achievement milestones to get the Blutsauger and the Sandvich, respectively.

You just have to get the first Medic and Heavy achievement milestones to get the Blutsauger and the Sandvich, respectively.
    Oh, that seems easy enough, judging by my heavy (lol get it) use of the Heavy and Medic these days.

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast