Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steam/Valve Thread: Now available on mobile!

Is it just me, or does anyone find it weird that people seem to care just so, so darn much about hats in this game? They're cool and funny, but they're not worth going insane over.

As for me, I like playing sniper, and I've gotten pretty darn good at it. Still wish I could get a Razorback though, I still haven't gotten one yet.

Okay so I've been playing a LOT of TF2 lately and now I want to become a premium user instead of F2P. How much does that cost? I heard you can upgrade by buying anything at the Mann Co. store but then I also heard that buying 5 starter packs is the best way to go for spending $5. Do you need to pay at least $5 to be premium or something?

You can buy a $0.49 item from the Mann Co Store, but you need to put a minimum of $5 on your Steam Wallet funds.

If you're going to go premium, I wouldn't mind you giving me a referral~
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/swiket/

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    You can buy a $0.49 item from the Mann Co Store, but you need to put a minimum of $5 on your Steam Wallet funds.

If you're going to go premium, I wouldn't mind you giving me a referral~
    You wh0re :P jk

With the scout, is it better to run the cola in the secondary over the pistol or not? I haven't seen much use since it runs out extremely fast and takes time to consume. Also, what are the ideal loadouts for all characters, just for future reference when I get said items.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Pikachu View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone find it weird that people seem to care just so, so darn much about hats in this game? They're cool and funny, but they're not worth going insane over.

As for me, I like playing sniper, and I've gotten pretty darn good at it. Still wish I could get a Razorback though, I still haven't gotten one yet.
    Don't bother. The Razorback is a horrible secondary item and a waste of space. A good Sniper can easily spot out Spies coming at them. Besides, better Spies can easily pick off a Sniper with the Ambassador.

That slot is better reserved for Jarate or the SMG, especially Jarate if you want to be a team player and need to flush out Spies.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Trainer View Post
    You wh0re :P jk

With the scout, is it better to run the cola in the secondary over the pistol or not? I haven't seen much use since it runs out extremely fast and takes time to consume. Also, what are the ideal loadouts for all characters, just for future reference when I get said items.
    If by Cola, you mean the Crit-a-Cola, then it's better to have the Shortstop equipped with the CaC. You get as much damage with the regular Scout gun and can fire it like the pistol.

Otherwise, the pistol has its uses of getting in quick shots, especially to help pick off low-level Sentries just out of its line of fire and sight.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

If anyone wants to play my Steam name is steeelwoool. I'm pretty terrible.
    GT: Steeel Woool
    (Let me know you're from SPPF if you send a request)

I've found a pretty good server, even though I'm pretty bad. Anyone have a cool server to join, so we can all hang together for some matches and maybe learn something if Chris decides to play too?

Again, my steam ID is Harrishun. If you are added by me, or want to add me, go ahead. I'm playing a lot of PC games these days, including Team Fortress 2.

Here's my profile again:

Add me if you'd like.

My steam name is SkaterTrainer347. Add me if you want. I only play TF2 and I'm limited with my mac(ness)

Not hard to see what my Steam username is.

My Steam ID is trukasaurus. And I'll go ahead and add whoever mentioned theirs here. I need more people to play TF2 with...

In other news, I finally unlocked the Kritzkreig today, but I don't know how much I prefer it to the normal Medigun yet. It's benefits are very situational.

d00med n0w

The Kritzkrieg is really best suited when you know there's another Medic or two helping with Uber charges. That's when a good Crits Soldier or Demoman comes in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    The Kritzkrieg is really best suited when you know there's another Medic or two helping with Uber charges. That's when a good Crits Soldier or Demoman comes in handy.
    I recently dropped the Kritzkrieg. I found it's Uber charge useless when I was trying to help a Heavy, mostly because of the lack on invincibility and sometimes they're just terrible players.

I can't add friends because all I have are free to play games :P. I don't have a credit card and my dad refuses to let me get a .50 item on TF2 -_-

>Add $25 to Steam wallet
    >Buy CSS and Gmod Bundle
    >Buy cheap item to become TF2 Premium

I got about 6 bucks left. Should I do the Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 for $5 deal? I don't really like the games, but that's an insane value. Should I buy or save?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing_Pikachu View Post
    >Add $25 to Steam wallet
    >Buy CSS and Gmod Bundle
    >Buy cheap item to become TF2 Premium

I got about 6 bucks left. Should I do the Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 for $5 deal? I don't really like the games, but that's an insane value. Should I buy or save?
    I would honestly recommend Killing Floor over the L4D games. Here's some gameplay so you understand what Killing Floor is all about.

I need to add some cash to my steam wallet. I kinda wanna get that Left 4 Dead combo, seems awesome. I just need to get one of the credit-card gift cards. Get some minecraft while I'm at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing_Pikachu View Post
    YOU GET 1 and 2 FOR $5?! THAT'S WHAT I HAVE TO PAY FOR JUST THE FIRST ONE. GOD DAMN IT AUSTRALIA. WHY.

Speaking of which, I'm buying the Killing Floor bundle and Left4Dead today. More money spent...

This Steam Sale I've spent ~$91.19USD on games. However, that's on 21 games in total and 9 DLC packs, excluding Deus Ex and Borderlands GOTY's.

I need to get more stuff of steam sales O_O

Totally want to get the L4D package, seems awesome. Stupid not paying for **** philosophy D: I need to get on that, maybe my sister can buy some stuff if I give her the cash

I try to play this game and I pick the spy because I like to sneak around and pretend I am being Mission Impossible hehe! But I am not very good at this I think because a mean Jersey person keep hitting me with a bat and I die badly.

Once I try to kill a Sniper and his big scary face on back made me go all BZZT and I got scary and stop playing this game. I think it not really for kids imo!

Quote Originally Posted by JoshYEAH View Post
    I try to play this game and I pick the spy because I like to sneak around and pretend I am being Mission Impossible hehe! But I am not very good at this I think because a mean Jersey person keep hitting me with a bat and I die badly.

Once I try to kill a Sniper and his big scary face on back made me go all BZZT and I got scary and stop playing this game. I think it not really for kids imo!
    You have no idea how much I laughed at this post

I hate when you're on a team and the 8 people go sniper -_____-

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    YOU GET 1 and 2 FOR $5?! THAT'S WHAT I HAVE TO PAY FOR JUST THE FIRST ONE. GOD DAMN IT AUSTRALIA. WHY.
    It's 5 each and 7.50 for both, still one hell of a deal.
    Last edited by Skater Trainer; 7th July 2011 at 2:24 AM.

Quick Question: I'm helping my girlfriend set-up Steam. We're planning to play some Team Fortress 2 (God help me) and Spiral Knights. She won't be able to add me until she actually buys a game right? Can she buy an item from the Team Fortress 2 store to upgrade and have her copy count as a bought game?
    I'm also trying to persuade her to buy Left 4 Dead, so that could work as well, right?

EDIT: For some reason we don't have that deal here. I would've bought both if we did, despite Left 4 Dead 2 being ****ing censored to hell.
    Last edited by Slick; 7th July 2011 at 3:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Quick Question: I'm helping my girlfriend set-up Steam. We're planning to play some Team Fortress 2 (God help me) and Spiral Knights. She won't be able to add me until she actually buys a game right? Can she buy an item from the Team Fortress 2 store to upgrade and have her copy count as a bought game?
    I'm also trying to persuade her to buy Left 4 Dead, so that could work as well, right?

EDIT: For some reason we don't have that deal here. I would've bought both if we did, despite Left 4 Dead 2 being ****ing censored to hell.
    I don't see why you would need a game to add friends. Even if you do, TF2 certainly works.

Also, I accepted all the requests.

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast