Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1288

Thread: The Steam/Valve Thread: Now available on mobile!

So I've been playing a lot of Team Fortress 2 lately (though recently it's crashing like fuck). Been wanting to get some keys + wrap to pay for a Voodoo Juju.

Also, hello you lot.
    Last edited by ~Spacial_Rendation~; 25th November 2012 at 6:14 AM.

Borderlands 2 is 30 bucks, but I don't know if I want that when I still have to beat the first game, and I haven't even touched Fallout 3 since I bought it.

Goddamn Steam sales.

Yeah, I am gonna be real busy after this Steam sale. 1 2 3
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

The usual links

You probably did better than me.

I got Jet Set Radio, Borderlands, Batman: Arkham City, Darksiders II, Sanctum, Knights of the Old Republic, Sonic Adventure 2(Not on sale, sadly), and Bastion for 60 dollars. Only thing I'm pissed about is that I jumped the gun too early for Bastion
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

I ended up gifting out some stuff to random people, traded my Strange Grenade Launcher for The Walking Dead, and a friend gifted me Hitman: Blood Money.
    I'm kind of upset that I missed the Thief collection sale, and that I couldn't get Lego Batman, but I'll live.
    Still, pretty good sale, for what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by King World View Post
    You probably did better than me.

I got Jet Set Radio, Borderlands, Batman: Arkham City, Darksiders II, Sanctum, Knights of the Old Republic, Sonic Adventure 2(Not on sale, sadly), and Bastion for 60 dollars. Only thing I'm pissed about is that I jumped the gun too early for Bastion
    ****, I forgot about Jet Set Radio. Thankfully I still have money. Also, I did consider getting Sonic Adventure 2, but I already own a copy on GameCube, and ten bucks for a game I already own? [...]

The usual links

Gah, if my computer didn't suck, I might actually be able to play TF2 for once. :l

Sigh, I guess CS: S will have to do for now. Is there like any great mods for CS (excluding Zombie and Deathrun, those are awesome)?

I fixed the god-awful lag on my Star Wars Battlefront 2.
    I love -dxlevel80-low.
    Of course, now I'm even more torn for games than ever.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/11i1u8j.png[/IMG]

Credit to Mew_ for the banner and pokemon player for the Growlithe Lickies.

I've been playing a lot of tf2 lately and I've already got myself a strange rocket launcher (Not for sale) off a friend and I am currently looking for spy weps (Mainly the Sharp Dresser)
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 4212 9112 1386

Spoiler:- Current pokemon team:

^This will stay in my signature forever, even though the clan is closed (or at least merged)^

Check out my new Fan-Fic!

Click here to join my RPG

Victini's Egg>[IMG]http://i50.*******.com/2udzz84.png[/IMG]
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too.

Name: Victory
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My team Pose and Egg where made By Shiny_Wooper

Since no one else has mentioned anything about this...

Gaben has pretty much confirmed the Steam Box.

Valve is really missing out on an opportunity if they don't call it the "GabeCube".

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    This. And have a free bonus game where you get to kill everybody at Electronic Assholes's HQ.

Yeah, we get it. You don't like EA. Nobody does. That doesn't mean you should advocate murdering everybody that runs it. If you honestly think that would be a good idea, you probably shouldn't be playing video games in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Un0va View Post

Yeah, we get it. You don't like EA. Nobody does. That doesn't mean you should advocate murdering everybody that runs it. If you honestly think that would be a good idea, you probably shouldn't be playing video games in the first place.
    Where did you get those lego bats?

Anyways, it's just that ever since i saw one of those "EA in a nutshell" videos, I've been angry like truck. I'll delete it. Anyways...

On a related note, the Steam Community Market beta has started! Let's just hope scammers don't scram over to that too. :P
    Last edited by NintendoCoke; 13th December 2012 at 3:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    On a related note, the Steam Community Market beta has started! Let's just hope scammers don't scram over to that too. :P
    What is this again?

Quote Originally Posted by ArmorAndonomon View Post
    Since no one else has mentioned anything about this...

Gaben has pretty much confirmed the Steam Box.
    I could go for a Valve console if they make more IPs like Half Life and Portal. Those franchises are god tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    What is this again?
    Lets you buy items off people, and sell them, for Steam cash. Neat idea, at least. I picked up a can of black paint for >$4, which is probably more than I should have bothered, but less than it would actually have cost, so I'm happy either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I could go for a Valve console if they make more IPs like Half Life and Portal. Those franchises are god tier.
    It'll have to have some third-party stuff on it; SteamBox couldn't really see amazing funding, I don't think, if there weren't any, because of the restricted number of IPs. Also Valve's long turnaround time (for lack of better word). I think if you put in a bunch of popular, cheap games on it, like Terraria or The Binding of Isaac, you'll do well, but the differences between it and a Steam PC with Big Picture or an HDMI cable will shrink. A lot.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    It'll have to have some third-party stuff on it; SteamBox couldn't really see amazing funding, I don't think, if there weren't any, because of the restricted number of IPs. Also Valve's long turnaround time (for lack of better word). I think if you put in a bunch of popular, cheap games on it, like Terraria or The Binding of Isaac, you'll do well, but the differences between it and a Steam PC with Big Picture or an HDMI cable will shrink. A lot.
    Their 'Seam Box' is just going to be a computer though, so you'll have the entire Steam library.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Fair point, but I think that was the same as my old speculation when the idea was first presented, that it would basically be a PC with some limitations attached to it to mostly restrict it to Steam (e.g. a custom OS). I don't consider it a bad idea, though, because it would be a dedicated gaming machine with a huge inbuilt library if that's the approach taken (which is both the most logical and most obvious), but I kind of wonder if it'll be something that you can readily upgrade the hardware on, or if you'll have to buy a new machine every now and again because you'll need better performance.

The usual links

Quote Originally Posted by Phlogiston View Post
    Fair point, but I think that was the same as my old speculation when the idea was first presented, that it would basically be a PC with some limitations attached to it to mostly restrict it to Steam (e.g. a custom OS). I don't consider it a bad idea, though, because it would be a dedicated gaming machine with a huge inbuilt library if that's the approach taken (which is both the most logical and most obvious), but I kind of wonder if it'll be something that you can readily upgrade the hardware on, or if you'll have to buy a new machine every now and again because you'll need better performance.
    I honestly don't think it would even have a custom OS, it's probably just be Windows still. There are plenty of limits they can enforce through Windows. If it wasn't Windows then they'd lose out on compatibility with most of the games in their library, not to mention the amount of development time and dollars which would have to go into creating their own OS. Unless they can get devs to switch to Linux (please) then Windows is pretty well a sure thing.

As for upgradeability it would be foolish to lock that down, and I don't consider Valve a foolish company.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I honestly don't think it would even have a custom OS, it's probably just be Windows still. There are plenty of limits they can enforce through Windows. If it wasn't Windows then they'd lose out on compatibility with most of the games in their library, not to mention the amount of development time and dollars which would have to go into creating their own OS. Unless they can get devs to switch to Linux (please) then Windows is pretty well a sure thing.

As for upgradeability it would be foolish to lock that down, and I don't consider Valve a foolish company.
    Actually, last I heard, they're going to Linux after getting frustrated with Windows 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Actually, last I heard, they're going to Linux after getting frustrated with Windows 8.
    That's the plan, and as part of the beta I can say it actually works pretty well. But without other developers supporting it as well Linux will never become a replacement for Windows as a gaming operating system. Valve can't cause that themselves, everyone else needs to get on board as well. They do have a bit of sway though, Steam is a very good distribution platform.

I'm playing Serious Sam 3 on Linux right now, and while it might not be near the framerate I can get in Windows it's leaps and bounds better than what Linux has been used to. The work Valve has done with Nvidia on the drivers really shows.

The Windows 8 UI is not build to work with a Mouse.. which most Serious Desktop people use. During the "Developer Preview" I managed to give it a test run for some time, On a PC has some hardware issues that later died completely: http://www.evernote.com/shard/s9/sh/...0a65bc38139a71

Well... I think I there was a point of this comic, but I got distracted by the first post: http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/776
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Any news on a Christmas Sale? Or are they skipping it because we had a fall sale?
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    The Windows 8 UI is not build to work with a Mouse.. which most Serious Desktop people use. During the "Developer Preview" I managed to give it a test run for some time, On a PC has some hardware issues that later died completely: http://www.evernote.com/shard/s9/sh/...0a65bc38139a71

Well... I think I there was a point of this comic, but I got distracted by the first post: http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/776
    I have Windows 8, there are ways to avoid the Modern UI entirely. Stardock has a program called Start 8 which brings back a real start menu, and from that point you never need to set foot into a Modern UI app. However, I'm still back to Windows 7 after a month of Windows 8. It's just not quite ready for the switch yet, still too many things not 100% compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by empoleon49 View Post
    Any news on a Christmas Sale? Or are they skipping it because we had a fall sale?
    Oh trust me, there will be a Christmas sale.

Given that Valve Time exists, it'll be on the 26th.

Actually, I kind of wouldn't mind a post-Christmas sale, so that way folks could spend their new Steam gift cards/cash. Then again, I'd also like to see more items on the Community Market.

The usual links

Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast