Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steam/Valve Thread: Now available on mobile!

I think you can just send her a friend request. Or the other way around. It should be fine.

That was an epic same time post.
    GT: Steeel Woool
    (Let me know you're from SPPF if you send a request)

Oh, I've just heard that you need to buy games to be able to add people as friends...

^Pretty sure you do. My friend downloaded TF2 when it was free and I tried to friend him, but I couldn't. He was told when he tried to add me that he needed a certain number of games first.

d00med n0w

Quote Originally Posted by The Renowned Obscurity View Post
    ^Pretty sure you do. My friend downloaded TF2 when it was free and I tried to friend him, but I couldn't. He was told when he tried to add me that he needed a certain number of games first.
    I just had TF2, and I was able to accept friend requests fine. Maybe that counts as a purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing_Pikachu View Post
    I just had TF2, and I was able to accept friend requests fine. Maybe that counts as a purchase.
    Free TF2, or bought TF2?

I saw TF2 was free, so I immediately proceeded to download. *Heart Attack!!* download size was far too large. I know, it's better a great, large file game than a lame, small game but it was frustrating nonetheless. Great game, will get eventually...
    All the other kids with the pumped up kicks you better run, better run...

If you want to see my Event Pokemon, PM me

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I don't see why you would need a game to add friends. Even if you do, TF2 certainly works.
    They changed this recently because of the high volume of phishing accounts. It was simple to easily just make a Steam account, add someone and then IM them with a link that would pull their Steam info.

You can accept friend requests as a free user. However, you cannot make friend requests of your own until you actually buy a game.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

-______________________-

The CSS + Gmod bundle is on sale today for 6 dollars. I just wasted 10 dollars. Wow. Well aaaanyway, There's a Quake franchise sale. Any recommendations there? I'm thinking about Quake III Arena, but the couple extra features it has over Quake Live (which is free) probably aren't worth it.

That why whenever there's a big Steam sale, you don't buy games until they're a daily deal or the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    That why whenever there's a big Steam sale, you don't buy games until they're a daily deal or the last day.
    Yep. I'm cautiously looking out for Terraria, which currently 25% off, but might become a daily sale soon.

Also, anyone want to set up a Counter Strike Source match so we can easily get the Summer Achievement? Honestly, that game is way too competitive, intense and filled with ridiculously skilled players for me to try and get it legitimately.

Might do that. I've barely played the game and still don't know why I bought it two years ago.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/v6t8cg.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i54.*******.com/28cec2e.jpg[/IMG]

I honestly bought it for the Garry's Mod content.

We really need a Steam/Valve general thread.
    Last edited by noobers; 8th July 2011 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    I honestly bought it for the Garry's Mod content.

We really need a Steam/Valve general thread.
    I should probably change the title to Team Fortress 2 and Steam Discussion. Or someone can just make a new thread. Now that the Summer Sale has attracted a lot of forum goers, we could even hold game nights or something.

EDIT: Another ironic same time post.
    Last edited by Surfing_Pikachu; 8th July 2011 at 12:16 AM.

Would you mind just renaming this thread "The Steam/Valve Thread" S_P/Chris?

Also, Happy Camper achievement. I should've remembered you could play against (retarded) bots.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Would you mind just renaming this thread "The Steam/Valve Thread" S_P/Chris?

Also, Happy Camper achievement. I should've remembered you could play against (retarded) bots.
    Either I'm being stupid, or I can't edit the title.

Edit --> Go Advanced --> Edit the "Title" box?
    I haven't done it in a while.

Yeah, you can't edit titles, even if it's your own thread. Only staff can. Took care of it, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yeah, you can't edit titles, even if it's your own thread. Only staff can. Took care of it, anyway.
    That's a highly illogical and stupid feature. Was it intentional?

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    That's a highly illogical and stupid feature. Was it intentional?
    That's a good question.

Also, I just bought the Quake bundle for 7 dollars. Low and behold, there's not a SINGLE Quake III server. What's up with that?

I'm guessing because it's a fairly old game and people have moved on to newer games?

Actually, I tried looking up active servers and joining via IP, and that worked. Maybe my ports need to be forwarded?

Perhaps that is the case. Crazy how such old or even obscure games (not saying Quake fits this description) will still be played be some people, whether it be solo or online. I guess I sometimes underestimate the amount of people on this Earth.

Got the Counter-Strike, Audiosurf, "Movie Night" and Killing Floor (from yesterday) achievements today. I also downloaded and played some Left 4 Dead. As a generally pussy gamer, I find Left 4 Dead to be, solo, slightly more entertaining and enjoyable than Killing Floor solo. That might be because I have the other survivors around me though and my play-style generally consists of shooting my shotgun into areas I can't clearly see into, in contrast to Killing Floor, where I'm mainly, "Holy ****, that thing is scary, oh **** I'm getting hit from behind, SPAM BULLETS!" Also, I'll probably play through L4D as Louis. Anyone else is scrub tier. Zoey's pretty hot for a chick in a video-game though.

I've kind of hit a snag on my Summer prizes. I've already redeemed the Team Fortress 2 glasses, the Summer gear for Monday Night Combat, the Gold Ship for Beat Hazard and the Snorkels for the Portal 2 co-op Robots. Since I already bought the Steampunk character pack for Killing Floor, I'm not redeeming that. I don't have any of the other games that have prizes, so what should I get for my prize tickets? I thought I might as well get something with my remaining ones that I get, since I might possibly buy that particular game in the future, or if I am somehow lucky and win the wishlist giveaway, that particular game might come into my possession. I'm particularly thinking Homefront, but I'm pretty sure that DLC will be free when it comes out anyway... Any suggestions?
    I'm not going to redeem anything until the last day, mind you.

I've got 10 tickets (with 16 entries) so far. Redeemed the prizes for TF2 and Portal 2. Holding off juuuust in case they throw a curve ball prize out of nowhere on the last day. If not, I'll just grab the Beat Hazard, Killing Floor and Alien Breed 2 stuff.

Sadly been missing out on the deals since I'm pretty much down to $4 in my bank account and won't get paid until next week. :s So I ended up missing out on Back to the Future, Monday Night Combat, Batman and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post

Sadly been missing out on the deals since I'm pretty much down to $4 in my bank account and won't get paid until next week. :s So I ended up missing out on Back to the Future, Monday Night Combat, Batman and a few others.
    Tell me about it, I missed out on $5 left for dead ;_;. My sister's account is drained so even though I gave her money, nothing D:

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast