Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Showdown At Linoone (389)

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Since no attack was exactly specified, I guess we could assume it it was Slash. But then again, we can also assume it just used its claws normally. It's up in the aire with that one. o.o
    I reckon it was just using its claws. Just like Bulbasaur dug underground in 'Bulbasaur the Ambassodor', but wasn't dig. And how bird Pokemon fly without using Fly. You know?

Eh, Seviper and Cacnea fighting again. (The first time being in the Tag Battle episode, where Seviper was using Wrap on Cacnea. Well, it was either wrap, or a very strange form of Pokemon lovemaking.) I know it was because of confusion, but... -_- I want some Habuneashipping crap, dammit! (Seviper x Cacnea. I named it AGES ago. Seriously. A few episodes after the Seviper episode aired in Japan. Yes, that long ago. o.o)

I'm brain is now scarred with the image of Seviper and Cacnea doing the dirty deed. You people are bad for a mental health.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Last week's scary picture of May scared me away from the site.

Season One Complete!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Wait, where exactly have we seen Soothe Bell? Or Stick? Or Thick Club? Don't tell me Farfetch'd or Marowak for those last two. I can't recall an episode where those were explicitly mentioned by name.
    Those items weren't mentioned by name in this episode either, IIRC. Oh, right, Soothe Bell...never clued in on what that was. You're right, that one hasn't been seen yet.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Contrary to popular belief, it's actually a GOOD episode. o_o Pictures alone do no justice.

I think it woulda been nice if they had enough time to have Kojirou ask Chiriin to use Heal Bell to snap Sabonea and Habunake back into their normal states while running around from the Haze and Pin Missile attacks. XD Yanno, to at least make the battle a little longer until Pikachu and Massuguma use Thunderbolt. Woulda given Chiriin SOMETHING to do rather than float there and look cute. >.>
    Oh? Methinks I shall go and downl...I mean, obtain it afterall then. 'Tis usually the series of pictures that puts me off getting episodes ^^;

And I agree with the whole Chimecho thing. Seriously, people complain about Wobbuffet being useless, but it seems to do a lot more than Chimecho has ever done ie. floating around randomly and blinding James occassionally. I do actually like Chimecho a lot, but there just doesn't seem to be any real point to him/her being there~

Quote Originally Posted by GreenKirby
    lol XDXD....*ahem* Bless XP
    Last edited by Gravy; 29th January 2005 at 1:00 PM.

I'm a little late, I know... ^.^;;

I thought it was cool seeing all those items on the anime, the Soothe Bell in particular. Linoone was big! O.O May's expressions were really funny. This episode looked good.
    *~ Happily Paired Up with MewSkitty! ^^ ~*
    *~ Rivals with Breeder! XD ~*
    -------Catnip-Powered Skitty™-----
    All rights to act insane reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    And I agree with the whole Chimecho thing. Seriously, people complain about Wobbuffet being useless, but it seems to do a lot more than Chimecho has ever done ie. floating around randomly and blinding James occassionally. I do actually like Chimecho a lot, but there just doesn't seem to be any real point to him/her being there~
    The writers probably have it there simply for some light comic relief... but it's the same story with all of Team Rocket's pokemon, where they're awesome when first captured and soon lose their lustre.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Gryphon Turboclaw Guest

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GreenKirby
    X_X Do I even want to know what you're referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by V Faction
    Wait, where exactly have we seen Soothe Bell? Or Stick? Or Thick Club? Don't tell me Farfetch'd or Marowak for those last two. I can't recall an episode where those were explicitly mentioned by name.

Those items weren't mentioned by name in this episode either, IIRC. Oh, right, Soothe Bell...never clued in on what that was. You're right, that one hasn't been seen yet.
    No mention of a Lucky Punch, Macho Brace, or Shoal Bell, either? Rats. I'm kind of surprised there weren't more kinds of Shards, though...

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    And confusion.... So Silly Confusion = Eye Swirl and Evil Confusion = Eye Slit now? Bleh.
    I wouldn't call it an eye slit...more like purple rings around the eyes.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I agree that Chiriin really needs an actual role badly. Sonansu is already the designated randomly appearing pokémon, they don't really need two. Not to mention Kojirou could definately use Chiirin since Sabonea is his only other pokémon and he relies on it constantly, whereas Musashi has some to choose from.

Er anyway, the episode itself was pretty good. It was a nice debut for Massuguma and it was also nice to hear them mention Satoshi's Lizardon. They used that one version of the Rocket-Dan theme again, which was cool because I like that piece for some reason.XP I also like the music they used at the end of the episode, I though it gave it a Kantoish vibe.
    ~

I just saw the episode and it was fairly good.

We get to see LOTS of funny expressions from May (especially after Pikachu gave her that bone), and that sound she made after she cleaned her pokeballs was good to hear. It was like 'mmmm' or something.

I wish Ash had used some of his other pokemon though.

Intimidator Guest

I downloaded a BT of the episode...the part where Pika and Linoone use Thunder was savage.

suavesky Guest

if she wasn't a main character she wouldn't catch anything

Boy. My old posts suck.

I've got to hand a LOT more credit to this episode than before. Animation was fantastic.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

This episode was pretty good. Linoone was awesome. It seemed pretty cute when it was a Zigzagoon. The boss fantasy was meh. I thought it was hilarious when Pikachu gave may the bone and she started freaking out. Also, when Cacnea and Seviper attacked TR was funny. TR with a second ballon!? That was a surprise.

This was a really awesome epsiode! I loved the animation! When Linoone did a Water Pluse...I was like...wow...that was the first time I seen that attack! =O And when Timmy(I can't spell his name...)try to make him get Team Rocket thinking their balloon was a Pokeball. It still wanted to play. XD It was cool. It was cute when it was a Zigzagoon. ^^ And of course Pikachu and Linoone used a powerful thunder attack...awesome!

10/10
    Last edited by Akane; 4th February 2006 at 5:25 PM.
    goodbye~

Wow, the animation was marvelous in this episode =D Linoone looks so much better in the animé than the games.

I noticed lots of famous scenes from this ep. There were the Avatar scenes with Jessie and James, the Zigzagoon holding the Pokéball, and the infamous scene of May bent over and looking for her Pokéballs.

I loved the facial expressions in this episode, but I suppose that goes hand-in-hand with the superb animation.

Charizard reference. Who'd've thought? o_o Interesting, though, how Max noted on Charizard's behavior when he never actually saw it.

I found it funny that Timmy's(is it really Timmy? Because, for some reason, I couldn't tell if it was Jimmy or Timmy) family had spherical faces and Linoone liked round things. Amusing xD

I liked the backstory to Token(nice name, BTW. Better than Bean the Politoed ¬_¬). I don't blame Timmy, Linoone looked rather feral when it wasn't happy. It's the eyes, I guess.

Whoa, did anyone else see the Silver Wing inside that tree stump? Token is one heck of a collector

I liked the romance scene between Timmy's parents and Timmy's reaction to it XD.

Cacnea forget to use its brilliant Pin Missile in this episode ;~; Oh well, Who, What, Where, When, Wynaut? has it using its new Pin Missile.

They used the same confusion expression from Adan's battle: the little purple/pink mark beneath the eyes. W00t to continuity

Overall rating:
    9.5 out of 10
    A Hoenn filler at its best. Good plot and awe-inspiring animation.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion

Maybe they should have called Token Klepto. An interesting episode that gave us a look at the held items.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    [CENTER]

Charizard reference. Who'd've thought? o_o Interesting, though, how Max noted on Charizard's behavior when he never actually saw it.

[CENTER]
    I noticed that also. How would Max know about Charizard's behavior when he was never in Kanto, Orange Isalnds or Johto? Where did that come from?

Max probably knew about Charizard's problem when Ash told him about it. Afterall, if they are traveling together, it could get boring so they probably tell each other their life story or something.

Geez... I cannt beleive you had to question how Max knew abut charizard's behavior..... I mean,..wow.... do you not think they tell stories and talk while on the road?

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I love how the new animation makes all the attacks look much more exciting, from Water Pulse to that double Dragon Thunderbolt attack.

Nice to see Ash still keep in contact with Prof. Oak, we hardly see him anymore. Whoa, a Charizard reference? I wasn't expecting Ash to mention Charizard in this episode.

Aw, May gets awfully excited when her stuff gets taken. Loved the scene where the electricty shoots behind her and the other scene where she steps on Ash.

Hell, all those objects were from the games. Thick Club, Kings Rock, Soothe bell, nice to see them in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard2007
    I noticed that also. How would Max know about Charizard's behavior when he was never in Kanto, Orange Isalnds or Johto? Where did that come from?
    Um, did you watch AG3?

Max watched Ash's Johto league matches on TV. The first thing Max said to Ash when they met is about the battle between Harrison's Blaziken and Ash's Charizard.

This was great continuity from the very third episode of AG.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Um, did you watch AG3?

Max watched Ash's Johto league matches on TV. The first thing Max said to Ash when they met is about the battle between Harrison's Blaziken and Ash's Charizard.

This was great continuity from the very third episode of AG.
    You didn't read my post correctly. The key word was Behavior. And to answer your question, Yes I did see "There's No Place Like Hoenn". I have it on DVD. But even though Max saw Charizard in the battle against Harrison's Blaziken, He NEVER saw Charizard use Flamethrower on Ash or much less knows about the way Charizard behaved before it finally trusted Ash.
    Last edited by The Phantom Thief; 4th February 2006 at 7:28 PM.

you know, Ash could have very easily talked about the pokemon he owns to May and Max offscreen... inbetween episodes and such...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast