Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Showdown At Linoone (389)

Well at the very least, we know Max "saw" Ash's Charizard on TV.

And we know that Ash told May and Max about their Pokemon. Remember the episode where May caught Bulbasaur?

Ash said something like, "It reminds me of mine."

and May replies, "That's right! You have a Bulbasaur too don't you?"

We've never seen Ash actually tell May he has a Bulbasaur, yet in the episode where she gets her own, she knows that. Therefore, he told her off screen.

On a side note, Max is an accomplished magician off-screen.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Well, this episode was okay. It wasn't bad but then again, it wasn't the greatest. Good to see Linoone get some screen time and enjoyed seeing Zigzagoon (even for a little tiny bit)

DENTO-FRUIT
    100% fruit for 100% real fangirls

Inkan1969 Guest

Talking May Fanservice

Aha, so THIS is the episode that has that fanservice shot of May that keeps getting posted on the picture threads.

( Thanks to whoever runs this big screenshot album. )

I hope Ash got the license number of that Linoone.
    Last edited by Inkan1969; 4th February 2006 at 8:05 PM.

Hate to be the voice of descent here, but man, this was one of the worst episodes in the entirety of AG. Why, why, WHY did they have to use the good animation team on such a mediocre episode? Really, outside of a one-second shot of the held items, this episode brought nothing new to the table, and felt like nothing more than a typical Johto filler with a featured Pokemon in trouble, a boring filler character (I heard him being referred to as Kimmi, which I thought was a girl's name), a dull TR battle, and PotD saving the day. Good thing there were two new eps today, or this would have been a waste of getting up early on a Saturday morning.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Inkan1969
    Aha, so THIS is the episode that has that fanservice shot of May that keeps getting posted on the picture threads.

( Thanks to whoever runs this big screenshot album. )

I hope Ash got the license number of that Linoone.
    Ah yes, I remember someone saying how the animators actually took the time to draw the curve in her butt, rather than making it a round circle.

See, May's breasts aren't the only feature on her body that the animators give attention to! God bless them.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    Because, for some reason, I couldn't tell if it was Jimmy or Timmy
    Wanna know why? It was Kimmy>_> Yes, Kimmy>_<...Kimmy<_< I had captioning on O.o

Inkan1969 Guest

Default Linoone likes ROUND objects

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    Ah yes, I remember someone saying how the animators actually took the time to draw the curve in her butt, rather than making it a round circle.
    Nonetheless May's looking pretty "round" there. I'm surprised Linoone didn't try to pick HER up.

I missed that scene............. oh, well. I taped it

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

Kimmy? Why'd they go and pull a Tabitha on us?

Anyway, this was a rather interesting episode for me. Seriously, even though this is about as filler as you can get, I enjoyed it more than usual for some reason...

Notice the round faces on all the whole family? Did that mean something, or was it for more uniqueness?

Funny how Linoone was able to jump all the way onto the Rocket balloon. Heh.

Not much else to say... 7/10.

Interesting episode.

Kimmy? I have heard of boys named Kim but never saw that coming.

I liked the references to numorous items, too bad they didn't have time to describe them all. And of course they didn't identify the berries Kimmy tossed aside. You know, I wonder if Brock still has that list given to him in the Lotad episode.

I LOVED how they gave the filler Pokemon of the day a nickname. Was this a dub only thing? I wish more filler Pokemon were given nicknames.

I think that after Token evolved, Kimmy thought it matured and didn't want to play any more, he was wrong. Proves that evolution DOESN'T ruin a Pokemons playful personallity     Spoiler:

Wouldn't it be dangerous to play fetch with a Pokeball? Yes its hard to choke on one but Token could have triggered its return device.

It was nice to see they gave a distinct sign to Seviper and Cacnea after they got confused.

My rating 8.5/10
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

The whole family was chubby. Their faces were totally round, that's all I thought about the entire time they were on screen.

I loved that whole family, especially the parents. It was so funny when they found that ring, and went all lovey-dovey.
    Tokin was just plain awesome.
    On a side note, this episode pretty much broke all the laws of gravity in one fell swoop. Maybe someone needs to develop a special theory of cartoon physics.
    Excellent filler, though why they put a good animation team on this episode but not on some ones that needed it is beyond me.
    Join the Probopass cult now, and receive a year's supply of chocolate-scented toothpicks!

Good episode, and Token was a great PotD. I think some of us never gave this episode a chance because we wanted Nicolai to appear in it. Good times, good times...

Envay, it was really well animated, foreshadowed Snorunt's training for the first time, even if he wasn't directly referred to. Is it the Donphan episode where it starts Beamin' and 'Volvin'?

Funny characters, and some cool avatar-scenes which I never realised came from this episode. One of the better Hoenn fillers.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Cool episode, like ChasoMage said, t'was was one of the better Hoenn fillers

Quote Originally Posted by fhqwhgads
    Wanna know why? It was Kimmy>_> Yes, Kimmy>_<...Kimmy<_< I had captioning on O.o
    His Japanese name was Keima, but I'd thought they'd go for something that wasn't so similar, like Kenny. To be honest, this is the first time I've heard "Kim" used as a boy's name.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Suikun
    Hate to be the voice of descent here, but man, this was one of the worst episodes in the entirety of AG. Why, why, WHY did they have to use the good animation team on such a mediocre episode? Really, outside of a one-second shot of the held items, this episode brought nothing new to the table, and felt like nothing more than a typical Johto filler with a featured Pokemon in trouble, a boring filler character (I heard him being referred to as Kimmi, which I thought was a girl's name), a dull TR battle, and PotD saving the day. Good thing there were two new eps today, or this would have been a waste of getting up early on a Saturday morning.
    So the clever lines and hilarious scenes weren't worth anything?

<><><>

One of my favorite parts:

Dexette: "It can run up to sixty miles per hour, but has trouble on turns." *we proceed to see Token take a turn and destroy a fence as it does so*

This was a cool episode. Reminds me of when ash got charizard ^.^ Linoone looks better in the anime than in the games in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Churly Ryan
    I LOVED how they gave the filler Pokemon of the day a nickname. Was this a dub only thing? I wish more filler Pokemon were given nicknames.
    Yes, in fact the Japanese nickname was pretty much exactly the same...just pronounced differently. I spelled it "Tokin" when I wrote the synopsis for this ep. It's pronounced "toh-KEEN". (Serebii made a typo in the synopsis link in the first page of this topic, I just gave the correct link.)

On another note, you guys notice how what the narrator says at the ends of the episodes is often kinda...generic? Well, I liked what he said for this one:

"Yes, Pokemon evolve, and their trainers grow older. But while everything changes, one thing remains true always: Friends can be friends forever, and even if they seem a little different, sometimes you have to look with your heart, and not your eyes."

No generic stuff about the experiences the group came away with and crap like that, just a nice closing statement. That should happen more often.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Hear, Hear!

And I find it odd that Serebii has Tokin's dub name in the guide but not the family's... (Kimmy, Korban, and Harmony Shoney). I guess they decided to use Tokin's Japanese name instead of thinking up some crappy name

Credit to V Faction

Visit my Site!

http://www.auraguardians.net/

NOTE: The site is not up yet so the link will not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodude
    On another note, you guys notice how what the narrator says at the ends of the episodes is often kinda...generic? Well, I liked what he said for this one:

"Yes, Pokemon evolve, and their trainers grow older. But while everything changes, one thing remains true always: Friends can be friends forever, and even if they seem a little different, sometimes you have to look with your heart, and not your eyes."

No generic stuff about the experiences the group came away with and crap like that, just a nice closing statement. That should happen more often.
    Yes, I noticed that. It was nice to hear the narrator say that.

BTW, it seems everybody's pretty much totally gotten over the change of narrators. I mean, I got used to it by the end of the Dewford episodes, but now everyone's seemed to forget the old guy. I kinda miss him, but it's nothing to complain about.

I'm glad you noticed the genericness of the narrator's ending comments at every episode. Hell, they kept using the same bland thing over and over. I think they probably just got a little tired of the sameness feeling that some episodes had going.

Still, they don't have to make every closure seem epic and deep. The older narrator had comedic lines of all kinds.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    I'm glad you noticed the genericness of the narrator's ending comments at every episode. Hell, they kept using the same bland thing over and over. I think they probably just got a little tired of the sameness feeling that some episodes had going.

Still, they don't have to make every closure seem epic and deep. The older narrator had comedic lines of all kinds.
    Ah yes... him.

Gotta love a guy who follows around a group of pre-teens who on the road to adventure, are struggling with their own personal feelings of sexual enlightenment...

Indeed.

I wonder how much control he has over what he gets to say? After all, he's the only character whose dialogue isn't constrained by lip movements.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I wonder how much control he has over what he gets to say? After all, he's the only character whose dialogue isn't constrained by lip movements.
    Mike probably just gets given lines by the people who dub the script.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast