Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Pokemon he used to be.

seriously guys, tyranitar will stil lbe used for a while, sand or not. You guys keep acting like prediction has no effect in the metagame. I was able to get a tension tyranitar working for a while (but he didn't hive fire blast.....T_T ferrothorn...)
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

Quote Originally Posted by PoignantLyrics View Post
    Can people stop suggesting Unnerve>Sandstream?

It's an idiotic choice which serves no purpose. Bluffing a Sand team? What the hell does that achieve? All it does is make your opponent think they have to get themselves into a weather war, only to realise you're being an idiot and not running the main beneficial aspect of Tyranitar this generation.

Many people have stated in this thread that Sandstream is almost a necessity on TTar these days - it allows it to check Latios, and the fact it can support your team with weather is one of the main reasons it's actually used at all this Gen. Without Sandstream, Tyranitar would be a mediocre, mid/low OU Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallstromjr View Post
    I think thats the best description..I mean, Fighting is everywhere. There's A LOT of mono fighting teams, not to mention all the Pokemon carrying a fighting move. Thats why we need Sandstream T-tar, for that SpD boost. Unnerve Tyranitar ccould be a surprise, but once they figure it out... *coughsneezemachpunchsneezecough* sorry, had something in my throat.

okay,so sandstorm helps Tyranitars special defense,but makes it unusable on anything that isnt a sandstorm team. so thats why people use Unnerve,cuz its not Sand stream,and no,it isnt idiotic to choose a Pokemon with great stats as a wallbreaker and then avoiding its ability that may hurt the rest of the team.

. Metagross has very similar stats to Ttar and DOESNT provide any sort of weather and Earthquake is also,"everywhere" in OU and more people are starting to run Fire moves on things to counter steels,does that mean it isnt used? NO,in fact,i myself am running a Metagross as part of my offensive core.
    3DS FC: 4313 1054 9104

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WHEN YOUR FIGHTING TYPE POKEMON FIGHTS LIKE A MAN AND NOT A LADY
    IM ON A RAPIDASH

Tyranitar isn't bad, it is just that hippowdon is better. He can slack off, stealth rock and EQ and be fine. Tyranitar can stone edge and ohhhh. T-tar was KOed by a fighting move

Quote Originally Posted by asterat View Post
    Tyranitar isn't bad, it is just that hippowdon is better. He can slack off, stealth rock and EQ and be fine. Tyranitar can stone edge and ohhhh. T-tar was KOed by a fighting move
    The only similar purpose they serve is to initiate Sandstorm. If you had cared to do any research of the sort, you'd notice Tyranitar is higher in usage than Hippowdon, with good right.

Hippo was KO'ed by Grass Knot, Hydro Pump, Draco Meteor. TTar lived all these.

Theybhave different purposes.

Hippowdon is...really outclassed. most teams ive seen with Hippowdon also have Tyranitar,lmao
    3DS FC: 4313 1054 9104

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE WHEN YOUR FIGHTING TYPE POKEMON FIGHTS LIKE A MAN AND NOT A LADY
    IM ON A RAPIDASH

Hippo is better than Ttar...?
    Tyranitar has really gotta love his ability...He's the best at holding his own ground after he's switched in, he gets a sp defense boost with it (even though that doesnt solve his ground, fighting, steel type problems, but it damn straight solves his grass and water ones) and he's still a beast attacking. Now granted I use hail and i hate him to death just because i always see him, but facts are facts and i can't lie about them just cuz i don't like him.

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Scizor, Skarmory, Breloom, Terrakion, Virizion, Excadrill, Scarf Landlos, CONKLEDURR and others are so common now that running a frail DD Tyranitar means more often than not you will not sweep anything.
    But most of these are so common due to Ttar... There is the possibility that someone could use a toxic stall Ttar or b-pass in speed + attack boosts so that all (with the exception of breloom if you toxic stall) of these pokemon were rendered useless... You could also band it just for revenge killing with pursuit or something else.

Ttar outclasses hippowdon as it can actually do somthing. Even if it doesn't do it very often. Ttar gives boosts to other pokemon as well, and there aren't any sandstorm restrictions by tiers, this is why it's #2 on usage lists.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterat View Post
    Ice moves and switching. Two very common things.

I, myself use the Special Wall bulky Tyranitar. It's really good. I use mine with 252 HP 180 sp.atk 76 special defense. SR Ice Beam Superpower and Fire Blast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12