Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie Time! Zorua in "The Legend of the Pokemon Knight"! (699)

-IT'S MOVIE TIME!
    -Blah blah wacky illusion hijinks blah
    -Luke sounds fami-oh wait, he has the same VA as Conan!
    -Everyone introduces themselves...and Dento has to bring up being a "movie sommelier." Boy has way too many hobbies
    -Apparently Zorua REALLY wanted to be the heroine instead of the Pokemon Knight/pirate, like Luke wanted it to be.
    -TR already. Joy. :|
    -I figured out why Golett looks so damned weird in the anime. It's too dark! (unless it's meant to be a shiny?)
    -Zorua sounds so cute. :3
    -Everyone catches up to Zorua, and Dento quickly figures out that Zorua wants to play the princess since it's a girl. Was it really that hard for Luke to figure out on his own?
    -Dento volunteers the group to play the other roles. Ash and Iris go along with it because yeah, sure, why not.
    -Everyone works on the costumes, and...SNIVY VS EMOLGA! CATFIGHT OF THE CENTURY!
    -Luke came up with a story pretty damned quickly(although I guess he might have altered what he already had to shoehorn in references to Ash being from Pallette Town & Iris wanting to be a dragon master)
    -Ash and Iris are happy with the story, and Dento...goes off on another one of his monologues while Iris just STARES at him. At least he's already over-dramatic enough to be an actor?
    -Damn that's an ugly boat.
    -Ash being camera-shy is always amusing!
    -Dento tries to give Ash advice on acting, but just comes off as being amusingly over-dramatic again. Including facefaulting when Ash is all "...I don't get it."
    -After a scene with Ash and Iris...there's TR. Again. :|
    -I get the feeling that Dento's VA is having a lot of fun with this one.
    -After Ash defeats the vile pirate Dento...TR comes in and ruins everyone's fun. Sigh. At least they still have the awesome-looking motto?
    -Dento changes into a masked hero outfit because...because. Then he gives a hero speech and TR is just confused. Hey, it's not Dento's fault that you guys lost all your charm.
    -Meowth...Zorua turned into a girl-meowth RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. Are you seriously that dumb?
    -And then Dento manages to salvage the story by turning Iris into the ~real princess~
    -The moviegoing crowd loves their movie, of course.
    -And then everything is tied together by the old dude bringing up the Nimbasa City Battle Tournament. Horray.

A pretty fun episode, even if there's not much to specifically comment on. Then again, there's only so many ways I can say "haha Dento is being way overdramatic" before it gets repetitive.
    Last edited by Juputoru; 30th June 2011 at 8:31 PM.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

I love this episode XDDD but one little thing:

I DON'T GETZ IT!!!! T_T If I was that crowd, I would have just stared and be all: "What did I just see?" This is almost like a crazy suspense movie

Gosh Miyano sounded like he was having fun with Dento's script. I don't blame him XD

;_; I wanna see the whole movie. They should air it sometime for funzies.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

After watching it, I really enjoyed it(Better if I knew what was being said though). It was a fun episode overall for me.

No idea what Cilan said throughout the episode but regardless...it sounded awesome. Cilan's acting was awesome as well. Cilan just making facial expressions was awesome. Cilan is the source of all awesomeness :P. He's "It's ____ Time" was at the start but I didn't really hear very well what time it was, probably will go back and check. I don't think he said what time it was after that though, I wanted "It's Acting Time" or something, oh well.

Zorua was great for me. I love it's laugh when it's causing trouble. Too bad it can't speak other then how it normally does.

Team Rocket I enjoyed as well. I find them a little funny in this episode.

Luke was pretty cool to me, aside from my disappoint in his design(I wanted a Riley type of person) he's personality was enjoyable. He's interesting too. He has Zorua, Golett, and Leavanny, I wonder if he has anymore, I doubt it. I like how he has all his Pokemon fit into the whole film making scene, Zorua is an actor, Golett is the person(Pokemon in this case) who claps that thing together(Clearly I don't know all the terms lol) as well as helps makes props, Leavanny helps makes the clothing and looks like it helps with lighting or something as well. I'm glad Luke will be in the next episodes, hopefully he'll appear more after the tournament as well.

I find Golett adorable. It's like a Teddy Bear...a weirdly shaped rough one...but it's cuteness is all there.

I enjoyed Iris in this episode. It's funny how when we first got the info for this episode her role in the movie wasn't known and people joked how she would be a rock or a tree, yet in the end she played the voice over for Zorua(Doesn't seem like it can speak when transformed), she played a Dragon Master(I'm pretty sure about this), and she played another role in the end, not sure what happened there though(Wasn't understanding the plot of the movie for the most part(I blame it on my lack of knowledge of the language)).

Ash was enjoyable too. I haven't really been interested in him all that much for a while now, but I enjoyed him here.

Snivy and Emolga's little fight was funny.

Swadloon and Tranquill are with Ash this episode, can't wait to see more from Ash's Pokemon at Juniper's. Oshawott was there too, helping with making the swords.

Not much to say about Leavanny, seemed like Burgh's Leavanny, all happy and cheerful. Nothing wrong with that though. I like how it's used for film making though. Also, I love whenever Leavanny speaks in the Japanese version, every time I hear it I hear "Ha ha..." add the smile it always has on, sounds and looks like it's always laughing at something.

Almost forgot about the movie(I think it's a movie) at the start. I kind of hope that male character shows up since he has an interesting design and nice voice. I'm not sure, but it sounded like Cilan is a fan of the female or something. Escavalier and Golurk looked cool.

Overall, I enjoyed the entire thing, not a single thing I didn't like. I don't know what was said throughout the episode, but I doubt it will change my opinion on this episode, if anything I'd only like it more. I'd say this is one of my favorites in Best Wishes(BW020 is still my favorite overall though).

EDIT: Checked it again, sounded like Cilan said "It's Movie Time", well that's good enough for me.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 30th June 2011 at 9:08 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

It was a fun episode but it wasn't a standout.

What did stand out was Swadloon looking bored as heck while Leavanny was so happy. I just love how it looks at the verge of suicide all the time.

Damn, Swadloon didn't evolve...
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post

What did stand out was Swadloon looking bored as heck while Leavanny was so happy. I just love how it looks at the verge of suicide all the time.
    Swadloon is always unhappy, much better as a Sewaddle. God I hate Leavenny's, they're so god damn joyful all the time. No one is ever that happy in real life.

I still love this episode no matter what I say.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2isyqsx.png[/IMG]

So I guess Zorua isn't as rare in the show as in the games. Would that mean some people may have a Zoroark?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I'm getting kind of tired of Teamrocket's jetpacks. I'd wish that they used other methods to escape like Smoke bombs or Woobat's Gust.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post

I think that is standard for them xD, the artwork and sprite look depressed.

Haha. Did anyone notice the PokeShooters on the screen in the back when TR first appeared?

I liked this episode a lot. It was fun and imaginative. It kind of reminded me of Super 8 in a weird way. The montage of the costume and prop creation was great. Swadloon's expression is always laughable, and Snivy and Emonga fighting was too.

One of the three better ones this month. A lot better than I thought it would be. I didn't get to see the Wonder Shooter scene though. Too bad the Pokemon weren't pirates, and they only spent 10 minutes on the movie instead of 15 minutes. I like how much Tranquill is showing up now, even if they are only 1 minute scenes.
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams

Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Not counting the skipped and retconned forward fishing episode... what happened? We were doing so well since the Roggenrola episode with TR, and then suddenly this?

I wasn't terribly interested in this episode so I don't have a strong opinion either way on most of it; the Wonder Launcher appearance is literally the only thing I really care about. TR coming what might be the closest they've come yet to returning to how they were in Sinnoh ruined this for me.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 14: The Pursuit of the Truth
    Next: The Bard and the Diva

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

I liked it. Luke's movie wasn't half bad, plus we saw more of Ash's team than some people were expecting. Team Rocket was perfect, they showed a great balance of threateningness, idioticness, and personality somehow. Meowth sure is a sucker for female Meowths. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Surprisingly, I liked this episode there were various things that made me lol.

~ Zorua havng a sissy fit when forced to become a male character.
    ~ Snivy vs Emolga.
    ~ This.

~ Zorua turning into a female Meowth.
    ~ The fact that Tranquill is getting more screentime, even if it is just brief.
    So he has Pikachu, Snivy, Oshawott, Swadloon, and Tranquill with him. Oh and one unknown.
    that would be hissy fit

Pikachu~Tranquill~Swadloon~Snivy~Oshawott~???

I'm really excited that the reserves are getting the time they deserved. Anyway, I just watched the episode and to say it was probably my 3rd or 2nd favorite movie. Swadloon always makes me LOL with its face, it makes me imagine the instantaneous moment when it smiles for the first times and evolves at that moment.. :3

Snivy and Emonga really made me laugh, this episode was completely hilarious to me. I used to dislike Golett, but after seeing it in action, it's really cute and I want one, but I don't like Golurk though...and the Wonder Launcher I think, I'm not sure was used and that's cool. 10/10 for me.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

3DS FC :3 --> 3239 - 3347 - 2169 Friends are nice, not just for safari, but in general! My safari's grass btw :'D

*Grass Master in Training*->The Boy Who Understands the Call of Nature

Why be sober, when you can be heartless?

since it prefers to transform into women, can we assume that the zorua is female?
    Draconic pokemon are king !!!

Pokemon Y Team:

my deviantart featuring a wide array of moemon drawn by yours truly: http://xxd17.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    since it prefers to transform into women, can we assume that the zorua is female?
    Yeah, you can assume that but it hasn't been confirmed. Maybe if Iris battles Luke and uses Emolga.

The plot twist and the end of this movie was so unexpected. Also, nice dubbing job from Iris. "Satoshi-sama!" XD

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    I don't understand why Team Rocket is so eclectic in this saga. I want them to be evil with black suits, because they were interesting to watch then. Why did they change back? The old Team Rocket sucks. Seeing them behave exactly how they always have makes me not care about what they do, because we all know exactly how it will end--with Team Rocket running away and no real harm being done. That's boring, and I'm surprised the writers aren't being smarter about this.
    I'm mad about Team Rocket's reversion as well, but not as mad as I was. They aren't anything like how they were before, in fact they're mostly like BW01 - BW04. Still competent just they get thwarted. I still wish they kept the black uniforms though, those looked cool

Zoroark's Night Burst looks way better in the anime (saw the trailer) than the game!
    Last edited by Juputoru; 1st July 2011 at 5:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbean View Post
    Coro coro magazine proud to reveal all new never before seen mega evolutions of latios and latias (exclusive to japan)

Isn't it against the rules to talk about subs?

Anyway, yeah I now want a Wonder Launcher myself now lol.

Random : PokéRadar

Against the rules?!
    It's against the rule to post links to spoilers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes
    What I like about the Mega Evolution line is how consistently ridiculously over the top they are. I mean just from what we have: Leather Dom Houndoom, Haute Couture Banette, Debutante Gardevoir, Alternative Circuit Party Angel Absol, L'Oreal model Ampharos, Ivan Ooze Aerodactyl, Sashimi Gyarados, Tweaker Raged Pinsir, Ghandi Alakazam... I could go on but you get the gist.

I anxiously await Fierce Drag Queen Jynx.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbean View Post
    Coro coro magazine proud to reveal all new never before seen mega evolutions of latios and latias (exclusive to japan)

Cilan made the episode for me. Again. He's just so wacky~

SWADLOOOOOOON! I love it whenever that guy appears. Its singular facial expression is always great to see. =P

Overall it was a fun episode; too bad TR are slowly reverting to their old incompetent selves... I was starting to like the new TR. It was nice not seeing them every single episode trying to catch a Pokemon, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by GenosectArceus View Post
    Against the rules?!
    It's against the rule to post links to spoilers.
    Sorry to mini-mod but http://www.serebiiforums.com/announcement.php?f=11 read the edit on the first post.

That sums up my reaction to the whole episode. I really thought that the writers missed a great opportunity here, so I'm not very happy about the results of this episode. Anyway, I also disliked that Ash had to scan Zorua into his Pokedex, even though he saw a Zorua just before he set off to Unova. I also thought that Golett looked terrible. Granted, it always looks terrible, but it looked a hundred times worse in the anime. I am glad that Leavanny belonged to Luke and not to Ash, but now we'll have to tolerate even more Swadloon evolution speculation, so that's the downside to Luke owning the Leavanny. I liked how the filming of the movie started out, but then I noticed that Cilan was acting a little too well, and I started to cry out of sheer frustration. I mean come on, is there anything he can't do? The part where Zorua transformed into a female Meowth was probably the best scene in the episode since Meowth fell for it. Apart from that, this episode was a total letdown. 4/10.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post

That sums up my reaction to the whole episode. I really thought that the writers missed a great opportunity here, so I'm not very happy about the results of this episode. Anyway, I also disliked that Ash had to scan Zorua into his Pokedex, even though he saw a Zorua just before he set off to Unova. I also thought that Golett looked terrible. Granted, it always looks terrible, but it looked a hundred times worse in the anime. I am glad that Leavanny belonged to Luke and not to Ash, but now we'll have to tolerate even more Swadloon evolution speculation, so that's the downside to Luke owning the Leavanny. I liked how the filming of the movie started out, but then I noticed that Cilan was acting a little too well, and I started to cry out of sheer frustration. I mean come on, is there anything he can't do? The part where Zorua transformed into a female Meowth was probably the best scene in the episode since Meowth fell for it. Apart from that, this episode was a total letdown. 4/10.
    Well technically Zorua belongs to Luke... and they had to have Ash scan it since in the group no one but him has a Pokedex back in DP, they just had Dawn Scan most pokemon that Ash already saw for the younger viewers.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast