Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Movie Time! Zorua in "The Legend of the Pokemon Knight"! (699)

How is it a filler episode? The gang meets Luke     Spoiler:
    and there's nothing stopping him from appearing again.
    Hell, his Zorua's got an article on Bulbapedia all to herself!
    Last edited by Sushi; 22nd October 2011 at 9:24 PM.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Quote Originally Posted by Nekaku View Post
    BEST FILLER EVER!     Spoiler:
    BtW did anyone think Yugioh when they showed the wonder launchers? XD Why were Snivy and Emolga trying to kill each other though?
    I predict that Snivy and Emolga will be friends somewhere down the line. Not Ash and Pikachu type friends but Ash and Gary type friends. They obviously have a strong rivalry between each other but is founded in mutual respect.

Until then, we'll get funny moments like today where the two battle for supremacy.
    Last edited by Sushi; 22nd October 2011 at 9:25 PM.
    So that's what kids call it these days...

Guys please don't spoil us!

Not everyone have seen the Jap. episodes...
    Do you like animes such as Fairy Tail, SKET Dance, etc?
    Do you enjoy digital art, and art competitions?
    Do you love an engaging community where everyone is close to each other?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, you should REALLY join...

...Seriously? Yamask of the Opera!?

This episode was pretty good. Nice to see a Golett. Also like how Cilan fitted TR into the movie without them realizing.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

That Snivy and Emolga fight was pretty pointless.

Spoiler:- And as for the rest of that arc...:
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 23rd October 2011 at 12:03 AM.

So didn't this ep confirm he could Juniper his starters? Since he had the bird and Swadloon with him? I mean he could of Junipered Scraggy but I guess this means its possible he won't always have all 3 starters with him unlike how people once said he would never get rid of his starters even for just 1 ep.

It was a good dubbed episode.

I found it a lot more enjoyable than the JAP version, not sure why.

Also I like the fact they used Iris to say 'what is that Pokemon? it's a zorua oh wow ive never seen one before' just to stop Ash from saying it since he has actually seen one in Mov13.

The only thing he said was 'Oh wow a wild one?'.

8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    ...Seriously? Yamask of the Opera!?
    Awww, I thought that reference was great. Really brought a smile to my face.

--------

Anyway, I thought this episode was great. It began with an action packed trailer which showed off the wonder launchers which makes it sound like it was a unique thing just to movie and will not be shown in regular battle around the unova region (which i didn't expect anyway as items are not used in anime battles). Zorua was mischievous but it showed another side when it was not happy with playing male characters because it was a female pokemon.

The movie scenes were fun to watch, especially the battle scenes, haven't seen ones like that for a while so they were ones to relish. I really wanted team rocket to blast off this time becausee the true villains of the movie (as it was on film) shouldn't be allowed to get away but I suppose team rocket weren't aware they were on film because jessie didn't do her hair :P. However, I would've enjoyed the jet packs/blast off either way.

Oh, and a little mention of the meowsie illusion by zorua, really enjoyed that.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

How can Ash know about these Wonder Fighter movies? They clearly show Unova pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    How can Ash know about these Wonder Fighter movies? They clearly show Unova pokemon.
    They said there were other previous movies.

Theres no reason they didn't star other regional Pokemon besides Unova.

I didn't really like Luke's voice. It just didn't fit for me.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

I thought this episode was great. Despite how stupid I thought a name like the 'Yamask of the Opera' was and how Cilan knew to wear some stupid suit he claimed was a 'sorcerer' costume (and how he hid his sunglasses...) and how Iris knew how to wear a dress under her dragon master costume, I enjoyed it, especially the main characters' awesome ad-libbing and their awesome fame! (which probably won't last past this episode, just like how Ash nearly beats the League and doesn't get noticed at all...)

It even succeeds in not being a filler episode because of the Don Battle tournament forshadowing, yay!
    GAMES ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    1st Prize in Caption Contest 7/15/11
    Won a Cool Vuvuzela in Pokémon Assembler!

Currently, I have an obsession with the Litwick line's tendency for sucking souls out.
    Fan Fics Stuff!
    i love pokémon is not only on Serebii, it's now on FanFiction.net!
    Author's Profile

Very fun episode. Great to see Zorua, too. It's clear that she only wanted the role of a female character because Zorua is female, which suits her.

And Snivy and Emolga are at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    They said there were other previous movies.

Theres no reason they didn't star other regional Pokemon besides Unova.
    Considering the fact that the Wonder Launcher is actual technology from Unova (at least in the games), there isn't really a reason to think the previous movies didn't have Unova pokemon.

My favorite part was Zorua using Night Daze. I just love the animation of that move. I loved in the Zoroark movie and loved it here too.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    Considering the fact that the Wonder Launcher is actual technology from Unova (at least in the games), there isn't really a reason to think the previous movies didn't have Unova pokemon.
    It never said the wonder launchers were Unova technology in the episode and that's what the point is about, on how Ash has seen the other movies, not the games.

So? There's no reason to think the previous movies did have Unova Pokemon either.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    It never said the wonder launchers were Unova technology in the episode and that's what the point is about, on how Ash has seen the other movies, not the games.

So? There's no reason to think the previous movies did have Unova Pokemon either.
    Considering that he and Brock knew about the Pokeathlon despite it not existing before HGSS, it's safe to assume that he saw one with Iris and Cilan offscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Considering that he and Brock knew about the Pokeathlon despite it not existing before HGSS, it's safe to assume that he saw one with Iris and Cilan offscreen.
    Exactly, this answers the question.

Only problem though, is the way everthing is worded from Ash, Iris and Cilan is that they've all seen them seperately, Ash saying 'I've gotta go see it' and Iris saying she used to love watching movies at the dragon village, Cilan announcing he's a movie connesiuer too.

You would have thought they would of done this 'offscreen' if they had been to see the movies before, but alas it's just so the viewer knows.

No name changes from Luke thank-you I'm ok with them changing Matthew to Mr.Matthew's but it's not a big deal Luke's voice was alright and I still wonder about that yu gi oh reference they did in the beginning but other than that and the skipping of the funny oshawott part with the random sword painting good dub actually 9/10
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Quote Originally Posted by thebattleforntierash View Post
    No name changes from Luke thank-you I'm ok with them changing Matthew to Mr.Matthew's but it's not a big deal Luke's voice was alright and I still wonder about that yu gi oh reference they did in the beginning but other than that and the skipping of the funny oshawott part with the random sword painting good dub actually 9/10
    Except there was no Yu Gi Oh reference.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Except there was no Yu Gi Oh reference.
    Except the wonder launcher looked a hell of a lot like dueling gauntlets( I think thats what they're called) from yu-gi-oh.

Good episode. Loved zoroua. I have seen very fwe BW episodes but this one made me set my dvr to record them every week. Although the stock move scenes already annoy me and I just started watching.
    FEAR THE WRATH OF THE MIGHTY WALREIN WHO IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Again, N believed he would thrash your ass with his dragon, thus winning the ultimate duel of death and crap between truth and ideals. He had no idea that you would pull your own dragon out of the ass he expected to thrash.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    I didn't really like Luke's voice. It just didn't fit for me.
    I'm just gonna ask this question again - Who the fock voiced Luke?
    It sounds like Vic Mangina in some scenes, but nothing like him in others.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

I'm disappointed by how Ash reacted when he first saw Zorua... Its as if the events of Master of Illusions never occurred... A decent episode though I cant wait for the battle tournament.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    I'm disappointed by how Ash reacted when he first saw Zorua... Its as if the events of Master of Illusions never occurred...
    I don't think he showed any cluelessness to Zorua and he used his Pokedex probably because he didn't back then.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast