Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Movie Time! Zorua in "The Legend of the Pokemon Knight"! (699)

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    I'm disappointed by how Ash reacted when he first saw Zorua... Its as if the events of Master of Illusions never occurred... A decent episode though I cant wait for the battle tournament.
    If you read one of my posts up above, it's been a lot better than other times (Lucario *cough* Latios), he never used the pokedex on Zorua in the movie and at least Ash wasn't like 'who's that pokemon? etc'.

The writers made Iris say all that instead, Ash only said 'oh wow a wild one?'.

This was a really fun episode. Cilan is definitely my favorite new character, now that he's all about filming/acting as well.

Zorua was also very cool to see in the main series. Very adorable as well.

Yamask of the Opera was also an adorable reference.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

this episode was good! (golurk looks beast in the anime!) i didn't like luke but he was ok as a COTD! i'm alittle annoyed that hes coming back for the don georgew battle though!
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    If you read one of my posts up above, it's been a lot better than other times (Lucario *cough* Latios), he never used the pokedex on Zorua in the movie and at least Ash wasn't like 'who's that pokemon? etc'.

Are the movies canon though? I'm guessing there only canon if stayed they happened in the series itself. So far only Movie 7 has been made canon due to Prof.Lung be talked about in a BF episode.

It never said the wonder launchers were Unova technology in the episode and that's what the point is about, on how Ash has seen the other movies, not the games.

So? There's no reason to think the previous movies did have Unova Pokemon either.
    It doesn't need to say that. We know for a fact that they have only appeared in the Unova region. Then there's the fact that the movies are clearly Unova-made. With almost no foreign pokemon to speak of in the region, there's even less reason to think past movies had no local pokemon in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekaku View Post
    Are the movies canon though? I'm guessing there only canon if stayed they happened in the series itself. So far only Movie 7 has been made canon due to Prof.Lung be talked about in a BF episode.
    Well, Movie 1 is obviously canon for it's episodes, Movie 2000 is too since Lugia was referenced in the whirl islands arc, I don't remember the Movie 7 reference what episode was it?, Movie 8 is slightly canon for Ash knowing he has Aura abilities in the Riolu episodes, Movie 10 is also canon since Dawn still has her lunar wing she bought in it which she uses in the Cresselia Darkrai eps.

That's all I can think of anyway, Ash knew it was Latios at the league but little things like that I tend not to count.

Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    It doesn't need to say that. We know for a fact that they have only appeared in the Unova region. Then there's the fact that the movies are clearly Unova-made. With almost no foreign pokemon to speak of in the region, there's even less reason to think past movies had no local pokemon in them.
    Huh? We don't know for a fact at all that they've only appeared in Unova.

In the episodes yes, off screen and in general of the franchise no.

No point denying it you know as much as I do that there is no reason there wouldn't have been previous movies based on other regional Pokemon, neither of our opinions are confirmed but nothing stops either possibility.

Ash saying 'another wonder launcher movie? i have to see it' hints that he's seen the previous ones and imo gives the vibe he'd seen them a long time ago without Iris or Cilan.

Wink

Hmm... Maybe he did remember... Still he should have expressed it better. Ex. ( Wow! a wild Zorua! ) But hey! At least it was female!
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Huh? We don't know for a fact at all that they've only appeared in Unova.

In the episodes yes, off screen and in general of the franchise no.

No point denying it you know as much as I do that there is no reason there wouldn't have been previous movies based on other regional Pokemon, neither of our opinions are confirmed but nothing stops either possibility.

Ash saying 'another wonder launcher movie? i have to see it' hints that he's seen the previous ones and imo gives the vibe he'd seen them a long time ago without Iris or Cilan.
    Are you bias or something? You seem to think this show is completely free of plot holes and inconsistencies. There's plenty more reasons to think this is a plot hole than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    I'm just gonna ask this question again - Who the fock voiced Luke?
    It sounds like Vic Mangina in some scenes, but nothing like him in others.
    After it was suggested elsewhere, I went back and listened carefully, and I heard traces of Colleen Clinkenbeard of all people. Listen carefully when Pikachu shocks Luke, when he screams you can faintly hear Riza Hawkeye's voice for a split second.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Are you bias or something? You seem to think this show is completely free of plot holes and inconsistencies. There's plenty more reasons to think this is a plot hole than not.
    Wow, im going to forget you ever said that, did you even read my post?

I never said either was right, so how am I bias?

Read my post again and think about it (even though it's not difficult to understand).

Also please tell me how plot holes appeared into the conversation, even better tell me how the hell wonder launcher movies create any plot hole at all.

Ok episode, would've been alot better without TR. Also Iris looked cute princessed up.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Ok I just saw this episode dubbed. My first and foremost reaction:

"OMG..........they talk so slow"

Other than that it was pretty good. I think I still enjoy the Japanese voices more (especially Dento's) but I do think J. Griff is getting a little better from when I last watched it. I liked it when he said "It's Movie Time" almost as much as I did in Japanese XD other than that I can't get a good idea of much because my bird wouldn't shut up during it. (LOl and funny thing my other bird who is smart said "Pokemon" during this xDD He STILL remembers when I'd get up and watch Pokemon dubbed :P)

Oh yeah and Luke's voice was ok. It was fitting in some areas, but it sounded a bit...nasil-y (?) in others.

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

I enjoyed the episode as much as the Japanese version.

I liked Golett's dub voice. I still love Leavanny's dub voice. And Zorua sounds the same as the Japanese version...which is good since I like it's voice. Also liked Luke's voice.

I pretty much enjoyed the entire episode.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I enjoyed the episode as much as the Japanese version.

I liked Golett's dub voice. I still love Leavanny's dub voice. And Zorua sounds the same as the Japanese version...which is good since I like it's voice. Also liked Luke's voice.

I pretty much enjoyed the entire episode.
    they didn't change it

I really liked that both swadloon and tranquill
    .................................................. ......................

Quote Originally Posted by jscholfield View Post
    they didn't change it
    That's what I meant.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Wow, im going to forget you ever said that, did you even read my post?

I never said either was right, so how am I bias?

Read my post again and think about it (even though it's not difficult to understand).

Also please tell me how plot holes appeared into the conversation, even better tell me how the hell wonder launcher movies create any plot hole at all.
    It is a fact that wonder launchers are Unova technology.
    It is a fact that the wonder launcher movies are Unova-made.
    It is a fact that there are very few other-region pokemon in Unova.
    It is a fact that Ash knows about these movies despite all these points. Yet he doesn't know any Unova pokemon before coming to Unova.

Despite all this, you still seem to think the opposite of every point could possibly be true.

It is a fact that wonder launchers are Unova technology.
    It is a fact that the wonder launcher movies are Unova-made.
    It is a fact that there are very few other-region pokemon in Unova.
    It is a fact that Ash knows about these movies despite all these points. Yet he doesn't know any Unova pokemon before coming to Unova.

Despite all this, you still seem to think the opposite of every point could possibly be true.
    Well just because they debuted the wonder launchers in Unova doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't have any. Contests debuted in Hoenn yet spread to Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh in the anime.

In real life, didn't technological things originate in one country but then spread around?

It isn't too weird that they made Wonder Launcher movies in Kanto with Kanto pokemon only.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    Golett's voiced by DAN GREEN and Leavanny's voice actress (Bella Hudson, under the alias of Erica Schroeder) sounds EXACTLY like Hakakomori.
    Zorua's English name is the same as her JP name, so there was no need to change in the first place. Kinda makes me wonder why people complain about them just saying their names when in the original they do that most of the time aswell. B!TCHES Tsunbear shoulda stayed, though.

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    Leavanny's voice actress (Bella Hudson, under the alias of Erica Schroeder) sounds EXACTLY like Hakakomori.
    Yes it does and I love it!

I wonder how Swadloon's voice will sound when he evolves. After all he is a male and I think the two levanny that have appeared have been female.

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Yes it does and I love it!

I wonder how Swadloon's voice will sound when he evolves. After all he is a male and I think the two levanny that have appeared have been female.
    Yeah it makes you think doesn't it? I think you're right, or at least we've all been lead to believe the two Leavanny seen so far are female due to their voices. Wouldn't it be really odd if both those Leavanny are actually male? o.o

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Well just because they debuted the wonder launchers in Unova doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't have any. Contests debuted in Hoenn yet spread to Kanto, Johto, and Sinnoh in the anime.

In real life, didn't technological things originate in one country but then spread around?

It isn't too weird that they made Wonder Launcher movies in Kanto with Kanto pokemon only.
    Now you're contradicting your views from the previous topic.

I think we're done here.

Now you're contradicting your views from the previous topic.

I think we're done here.
    What are you talking about?

What are you talking about?
    You were going on about how different regions have different technologies, and you completely ignored the fact that technology can be transported with relative ease in the pokemon world. Now you're actually using it as an argument.

You were going on about how different regions have different technologies, and you completely ignored the fact that technology can be transported with relative ease in the pokemon world. Now you're actually using it as an argument.
    Do you have the right person?

Do you have the right person?
    You were talking about how different regions could teleport.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast