Thread: The Aquarist Alliance!

Default The Aquarist Alliance!

Hello, fellow fish keepers! I hope you enjoy your stay here at the Aquarist Alliance!

First thing's first, this is a club for those who keep fish. Coldwater, Tropical, Marine, it doesn't matter! If you keep fish, you're welcome.

I believe we should get onto the rules. So, here they are!

1) All SPPf Rules must be obeyed
    2) No getting off-topic
    3) Every post must be at least 4 sentences, and 40 words. This is to prevent spam.
    4) No mini-modding.
    5) I will warn someone if their post breaks a rule, and they will get a strike. One strike, you're banned for a day. Two strikes, and it's a week long ban. Three strikes, and you're outta here.

Here is the memberlist. Everyone is listed on here, with the number of strikes they have.     Spoiler:- Memberlist:

And here is the list of banned members. If any one of these members is seen posting, report them.     Spoiler:- Banned Members:

Here we have the banners. You can choose whether or not to use these, they're not mandatory. Feel free to submit your own, as my artistic skills are very limited. To put them in your signature, copy the code, and remove the '*' from the start.     Spoiler:- Banners:

I hope everyone has a wonderful time here!
    Last edited by DJMonty; 17th July 2011 at 11:17 AM.
    HeartGold FC: 3998 5135 4552

Click HERE to be taken to my Gen IV Trade Shop! You get better deals if you're a member of Age Of Shoguns!

So, as a bump and to get members coming in and discussions started, I figured I'd give you all some information about my tank.

First off, it's a custom built bow fronted 50 UK Gallon tank that my uncle had custom built for my birthday. It's in the process of becoming an Asian Biotope tank.

The fish currently in the tank are:
    [CENTER]1 Female Opaline Gourami (pseudo-albino morph)
    1 Male Opaline Gourami (Three Spot Morph)
    1 Male Snakeskin Gourami
    5 Female Cherry Barbs
    7 Moss Green Tiger Barbs (Gender uncertain)

I currently have only plastic plants, but that is because I cannot get ahold of the ones I want. I had a list of them somewhere, and when I find it, I'll post what plants I need.

This tank is filtered by a Fluval U4 Filter, and heated by a random 150W heater.

I have two T5 75w fluorescent tubes, one Red, one Violet.

Substrate is 24 kilos of fine grade river sand.

So, let's hear about your tanks.
    Last edited by DJMonty; 17th July 2011 at 11:16 AM.

Click HERE to be taken to my Gen IV Trade Shop! You get better deals if you're a member of Age Of Shoguns!

OMG! Monty, sign me up as your firstest member lol. I have guppies, a Betta, 4 goldfish (which will be going in my pond as I just used them to cycle my tank) and LOTS of guppy fry. I soooo need to separate the males from deh females :/

Forever a Creamery Command and Airborn Aces member<3

Quote Originally Posted by o0oSerenityo0o View Post
    OMG! Monty, sign me up as your firstest member lol. I have guppies, a Betta, 4 goldfish (which will be going in my pond as I just used them to cycle my tank) and LOTS of guppy fry. I soooo need to separate the males from deh females :/
    Welcome, Sen!

Thanks Monty!

My guppy is due to drop again in the next few day, who wants me to fed-ex them some? LOL! Srsly though, I am being over run with guppy fry D:

Forever a Creamery Command and Airborn Aces member<3

I'd love some, I'm setting up a tank downstairs soon, and I'll have a lot of guppies in it. I can't tell if you're serious or not, though.

I'd like to join. I take care of a koi pond at my house. That counts, right? Either way, I have a 4-year old goldfish in a big tank in the living room.

I'm back, baby.

Welcome, Bone Cold Marowak Guy!

FISH!

I <3 FISH~!

I had a beta fish, but then my mom killed it...does that count?
    Check out my youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/yytan12

:.Immortal Surfer.:

Credits to SGG!

That does count, Omastar. Do you plan on getting more fish?

Perfect group for me! I have two fat goldfish and a betta. Oh! and a goldeen action figure! May I join?

Nyrrangers123, TheFallensRvnge, you're both added. It sounds like you have really nice tanks!

So since this discussion is dead has anyone's fish ever died? Have you ever been to a hatchery?

[img]http://i56.*******.com/ruwml2.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i52.*******.com/2n9kvps.png[/img]

If you are like me, and think that Typhlosion is too epic to be in UU, paste this in your sig . Started by Epicpip
    Credit to Geekachu of PikaPika677's shop for fusions and Mew's Universe shop for banner.
    Join rewards1 to earn money http://www.rewards1.com/2649116

Quote Originally Posted by nyrrangers123 View Post
    So since this discussion is dead has anyone's fish ever died? Have you ever been to a hatchery?
    I've never been to a hatchery, but I've had plenty of fish die. Shall I list them?

48 Neon Tetras
    24 Diamond Tetras
    24 Lemon Tetras
    12 Praecox Rainbows
    1 Red Honey Gourami
    1 Red Tailed Black Shark