Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #27

Hybrid View

Default Community POTW #27

Reno's busy writing the last one so here's the next one

This week we'll be doing Reshiram, the Pokémon that adorns the cover of Pokémon Black

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/643.shtml

Reshiram is a rather interesting legendary Pokémon with a decent typing and brilliant movepool

Go nuts.

Spec-sham
    Reshiram (Timid) @Choice Spec
    Turboblaze
    EVs: 4HP/252SpAtk/252Spe
    -Draco Meteor
    -Overheat
    -Focus Blast/Psychic/Shadow Ball/SolarBeam/Hyper Voice
    -Focus Blast/Psychic/Shadow Ball/SolarBeam/Hyper Voice

Choice Reshiram, Draco Meteor and Blue Flare are STAB, the rest are coverage, Focus Blast is less accuracy, but great coverage, Psychic for Fighting, Shadow ball for ghost, Solarbeam only in sun pairing with Groudon, Hyper Voice for normal coverage.

Physical Reshiram
    Reshiram (Jolly/Adamant) @Life Orb
    Turboblaze
    EVs: 4HP/252Atk/252Spe
    -Flame Charge/Fire Fang
    -Dragon Claw/Outrage
    -Stone Edge
    -Crunch

Reshiram 120 base attack still usable for kill Blissey, Flame Charge boost Reshiram mediocre speed, or Fire fang for extra power, Dragon claw for Dragon STAB, but you may use Outrage for more power, Stone edge and crunch for coverage

Dual Screen
    Reshiram (Timid) @Light Clay
    Turboblaze
    EVs: 4HP/252SpAtk/252Spe
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Dragon Pulse/Dragon Meteor
    -Blue Flare

Classic Dual Screen, Reflect and Light Screen self explanatory, the rest just for attacking

Best Partner:
    Reshiram will happy in the sun so Groudon is it best friend
    Last edited by misterdarvus; 3rd July 2011 at 1:26 PM.

I have a modest reshiram in my team right now. What is the recommended EVs for it?

This is what I planned reshiram's moveset to be like:

Reshiram @ WiseGlasses(?)
    Modest Nature
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpAtt, 252 Spd
    -Blue Flare
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Solarbeam
    -Focus Blast

Unfortunately for Reshiram, 90 base speed makes it slow in Ubers, so it's pointless to invest on speed isn't it?

But otherwise, this set is supposed to take advantage of reshiram's 150 base sp. att stat and, for my case, its modest nature. Outside of coverage, shadow ball handels the psychic and focus blast is against blissey/chansey that could've pop up.

For the item, I picked wiseglasses as its 10% boost does help bring its Sp.Att stat to about 481 compared to 438 by having max IV, right nature and 252 sp.att. I'm still not sure whether it's the right item though.
    Last edited by pikadon92; 3rd July 2011 at 11:32 AM.

ScarfSham
    Reshiram Modest/Timid Choice Scarf
    Evs 4hp 252 SpA 252 Spe
    -Flamethrower/Fusion Flare/Blue Flare
    -Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
    -Psychic/Shadow ball/Focus blast
    -Psychic/Shadow ball/Focus blast
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Fourth post
    Reshiram is a powerful pokemon in every aspect and unquestionably gets an express ticket to ubers. He has really good attack sp atk, HP, good speed etc. He is really powerful.

Groudon's helper
    -solar beam
    -Overheat
    -shadow ball
    -Draco meteor
    Item: choice specs/scarf
    EVs:252 ap atk (modest), 252 speed, 4 HP
    Wow this is powerful. Fire running around is painful and overheat and Draco meteor hit for 210 power apiece, then putin base 150 special attack. His signature moves ate sort of gimmicky, and with so much pressure in ubers it's hard to find reliable PP in them. Plus, blue flare has lower accuracy. Overheat also has low PP, but more power and accuracy. Fusion flare has less power, and you would use flamethrower over it. Reshiram lacks a really good move pool so shadow ball is for the walls giratina and lugia, and other psychics and solar beam is for awesomeness in the sun, it hits Kyogre and anything else that is water, which is good because groudon will be fighting for weather superiority.
    Last edited by asterat; 3rd July 2011 at 12:21 PM.

Reshiram@choice scarf
    Turboblaze
    Timid nature (+spe -atk)
    EVs: 4hp, 252 spatk, 252 spe
    -fusion flare/blue flare
    -draco meteor
    -shadow ball
    -Psychic/focus blast

This set goes for full out speed and power. Send in, attack and retreat if a pokemon resists your move. This is great for draco meteor as you can hit and switch to get rid of the drawback. Draco meteor Is also a powerfull STAB move.
    Fusion flare or blue flare depending on what you want; accuracy or power. Both are powerfull STAB moves.
    Focus blast has great coverage and shadow ball is for those psychics that may get in your way. Psychic is also for coverage.
    Last edited by Tyranitarquake; 3rd July 2011 at 12:18 PM.
    I claim Larvitar!

Life Orb
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast/Hidden Power (Grass)
    Item Attached: Life Orb
    Ability: Turboblaze
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    An all out attacker. Probably the best set on Reshiram. Choose your Fire and Dragon move and that'll be the moves you hit hard with. Shadow Ball takes care of many Ubers such as Mewtwo and Giratina. Focus Blast for a filler. It can hit anything hard, Hidden Power (Grass) makes sure Reshiram takes care of Groudon.

Flame Charge
    -Flame Charge
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Shadow Ball/Focus Blast/Hidden Power (Grass)
    Item Attached: Life Orb/Leftovers/Balloon/Focus Sash/Expert Belt
    EV's and Nature:
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)/Modest (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
    This time you'll be making Reshiram's slow speed, faster. Same moves but Flame Charge in there. You have a variety of items to choose from so pick one. You can run Modest Nature for that deadly Max 438 Sp.Atk stat.

Choice Specs
    -Shadow ball
    Item Attached: Choice Specs
    EV's and Nature:
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    Should've just combined the Life Orb set and this one. Still, same set but with Choice Specs.

Choice Scarf
    -Shadow ball
    Item Attached: Choice Scarf
    EV's and Nature:
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)/Modest Nature (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
    These will be Reshiram's best moves I swearz. I already have two other sets with the exact moves >.> You'll be out speeding many Ubers with the Scarf but other Scarfed things will wreck you.

Physically-Mixed Offensive
    -Dragon Claw/Outrage
    -Crunch
    -Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    -Draco Meteor/Blue Flare
    Item Attached: Life Orb/Expert Belt
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 252 Atk/64 Sp.Atk/192 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -Sp.Def)
    With Reshiram's respectable base 120 Atk stat, it can probably work as a Physical Sweeper. Dragon Claw or Outrage for STAB. Crunch handles Mewtwo and Giratina. Stone Edge or Rock Slide for filler. They can hurt Skymin which is nice. Draco Meteor and Blue Flare can hit anything pretty damn hard so choose one.

Physically-Mixed Offensive Scarfed
    -Dragon Claw/Outrage
    -Crunch
    -Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    -Draco Meteor/Blue Flare
    Item Attached: Choice Scarf
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 252 Atk/64 Sp.Atk/192 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -Sp.Def)/Naughty Nature (+Atk, -Sp.Def)
    Same set but with a Scarf. You can run Naughty for a max 372 Attack stat.

Physically Offensive
    -Dragon Claw/Outrage
    -Crunch
    -Stone Edge/Rock Slide
    -Flame Charge
    Item Attached: Life Orb/Expert Belt
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Atk)/Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)
    Same set once again but physically offensive period.

Other Options

Instead of using Hidden Power (Grass), you can run Solarbeam but only if you're running Groudon for the sun. Even with Groudon, chances are Kyogre will come in and rain in your parade (pun intended).
    Psychic and Extrasensory are another option but poor coverage is poor. It doesn't really hit anything hard in Ubers besides Blaziken but thats probably it.
    Hidden Power (Water) covers Reshiram the same as Hidden Power (Grass) but chances are you'll be running Groudon or be in front of a Groudon. Which means its power is weakened.
    Hyper Voice. Respectable BP, but no STAB. Hits most things neutrally in Ubers though.
    Shadow Claw has a high crit-ratio but it can't hit Normals and has a lower BP than Crunch.
    Dragon Tail is good for shuffling but Reshiram won't be appreciating negative priority since it only has the usual 100 base HP, unlike Giratina which has base 150 HP.

Partners
    In terms of synergy, Reshiram can defend Kyogre and Manaphy for resisting Grass and Electric moves. Reshiram will be happy with Groudon for the sun and Groudon defends Reshiram by resisting Rock, while Reshiram defends Groudon by resisting Grass. If you don't plan on using other Ubers for partners, Bronzong and Skarmory work well as a partner for Reshiram. They can take each other's weaknesses quite nicely.
    Last edited by SazandoraMASTER; 4th July 2011 at 3:37 AM.

FC: 2022 2993 1000

oh sweet!
    reshiram is my favo legendary

reshi needs glasses/scarf

reshiram@choice specs/scarf
    ability:turboblaze
    evs and nature
    modest/timid
    252 SPatt 252 SPD 4 Hp
    moves:
    flamethrower/fusion flare/overheat
    dragon pulse/draco meteor
    shadow ball/psychic
    focus blast/solar beam

reshi gets physical!!

reshiram@choice band/expert belt/life orb/muscle band
    evs and nature
    adamant/jolly
    252 Att 252 SPD 4 Hp
    moves:
    dragon claw/outrage/dragon tail
    rock slide/stone edge
    shadow claw/crunch
    flame charge/fire fang

(note: ^ it's just an idea....)

looking at the battle through glass

reshiram@light clay
    evs and nature
    bold
    126 Hp 252 def 126 SPdef 4 Spatt
    moves:
    light screen
    reflect
    will-o-wisp/toxic/safeguard
    dragon pulse

other options:hidden power(for set #1)(,rest,chesto berry,substitute for set #3)
    i guess that's everything usefull it can use... hehe

Countering reshi
    well my favo b4 reshi PALKIA!!! nice type coverage hitting with draco meteor/hydro pump
    Max Hp SPdef tina can stall out he's PP allday long using sub and with some STAB dragon attacks
    kyogre sets up rain and pretty much cripples reshi and kill it off with STAB rain boosted surf
    and well pretty much things in the uber tier can counter reshi well...
    Last edited by mushroomnews157; 3rd July 2011 at 9:47 PM.
    i like thinking of battle strategy's,ev training that's all im not that interesting feel free to give me some advice

i like every dragon pokemon
    and im kinda busy ev training
    so get ready..............

ev training pogeymanz for YOU
    now i just need a good source of wifi -___-

im looking for a: 0 speed IV Quiet nature
    with magic guard untouched pls
    also for a: thundurus to get landorus
    but then again i don't have a good source of wifi
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/28tevs6.png[/IMG]
    awesome banner made by www.youtube.com/rideinter

Really Reshiram? wasn't expecting that well as i did for Heracross i will just observe
    Moveset extrordanaire just ask if you want assistance
    Owner of the CK general chat channel on Purplesurge leave me a post if ya want info :-)

FINALLY GOT A CLAIM...
    All Munchlax are mine!

Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch Munch...

First page! God I'm quick today!

Ancient God
    Reshiram @ Wise Glasses
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4HP
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Fusion Flare
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Focus Blast
    - Ancientpower

This is a pure attacking moveset for Reshiram, that allows a successful sweep without unwanted things occurring. Fusion Flare is a powerful move that is strong, accurate, and doesn't have any adverse effects like Overheat does. Dragon Pulse is much the same. Both of those are powerful and get STAB from the Vast White Pokemon.
    Focus Blast has a LOT of strengths, being fighting type. It also has the chance of lowering the opponent's Special Defence, which is always nice.
    And finally, Ancientpower. Rock is strong against quite a few types, but the main reason Reshiram has this is for the awesome stat boost. If used repeatedly and is you have a little luck, Reshiram becomes very powerful indeed.
    Wise Glasses just helps with this set, which is completely special based.

Sunny Side up!
    Reshiram @ Heat Rock / White herb
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4HP
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Blue Flare
    - Draco Meteor
    - Sunny Day
    - Solarbeam

A very similar set to the last, with two powerful STAB moves. There is also Sunny Day, boosted in Length by the Heat Rock, which allows Blue Flare to be more powerful and Solarbeam to attack first turn. Solarbeam is especially useful for taking care of Rock, Ground and Water types who could instantly wreck Reshiram, Whilst Draco Meteor takes care of Dragon capable of doing the same thing.
    White Herb is there to try and make the stat reductions of Draco Meteor less felt.

PARTNERS
    For the Sunny Day user, you could easily replace Sunny Day and Heat Rock with the White herb and Focus Blast if you have Groudon on your side and the opponent chooses not to field Rayquaza, Kyogre, or any other Weather abuser.

Zekrom is also a natural friend to Reshiram, as together, they can take on both sides of the Spectrum, both Physical and Special. A Zekrom with Fusion bolt, Crunch, Stone Edge and Zen Headbutt works well.
    Last edited by CaptainCombusken; 3rd July 2011 at 1:18 PM.

Countering Reshiram

Ground, Rock and Dragon are the only types that hit for Super Effective damage here, but thankfully, finding a faster threat than Reshiram in Ubers with a Dragon attack is pretty easy. Kyurem, Arceus, Palkia, Rayquaza all outrun the White Behemoth, and can strike it down with some high powered Outrages or Draco Meteors. Dialga is fairly safe against Reshiram, unless it carries Focus Blast (But it needs to worry about opposing Groudons more than Dialga) so that is an unlikely circumstance. Speaking of Groudon, a Scarf variation ensure that it outruns Reshiram and knocks it clean off the field. Kyogre shuts down its Fire attacks and walls everything else but HP [Grass] that it holds for Groudon. Landorus is another nice pick, and Thundurus can debilitate it with Thunder Wave. Finally, Ho-Oh eats it's attacks like they're nothing, thanks to it's huge bulk and Fire resistance. Terrakion covers the Rock weakness, as well as Stealth Rock. Terrakion isn't an uber tier by any means though, but it's worth noting as it's the closest thing that can do this.
    Last edited by TimmahX; 3rd July 2011 at 5:38 PM.
    This is a signature that doesn't eat up an absurd amount of space.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmahX View Post
    Countering Reshiram

Ground and Dragon are the only types that hit for Super Effective damage here.
    You seem to have missed out rock as both a super-effective type and a good type to lap up Fire attacks. Terrakion is faster, has some dangerous STAB moves and a high attack stat. Though he's not in ubers, he could quite comfortably be used to get rid of Reshiram with at most two Stone Edges.
    Last edited by CaptainCombusken; 3rd July 2011 at 5:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proby3 View Post
    You seem to have missed out rock as both a super-effective type and a good type to lap up Fire attacks. Terrakion is faster, has some dangerous STAB moves and a high attack stat. Though he's not in ubers, he could quite comfortably be used to get rid of Reshiram with at most two Stone Edges.
    I was looking at uber threats, and the amount of them that carry Stone Edge isn't that high. And even then, most of them have either STAB Outrage / Dragon Claw/ Dragon Pulse / Outrage / Earth Power / Earthquake to deal with Reshiram. Stealth Rock is also a rare factor because not many ubers can set it up.
    This is a signature that doesn't eat up an absurd amount of space.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmahX View Post
    Countering Reshiram

Ground, Rock and Dragon are the only types that hit for Super Effective damage here, but thankfully, finding a faster threat than Reshiram in Ubers with a Dragon attack is pretty easy. Kyurem, Arceus, Palkia, Rayquaza all outrun the White Behemoth, and can strike it down with some high powered Outrages or Draco Meteors. Dialga is fairly safe against Reshiram, unless it carries Focus Blast (But it needs to worry about opposing Groudons more than Dialga) so that is an unlikely circumstance. Speaking of Groudon, a Scarf variation ensure that it outruns Reshiram and knocks it clean off the field. Kyogre shuts down its Fire attacks and walls everything else but HP [Grass] that it holds for Groudon. Landorus is another nice pick, and Thundurus can debilitate it with Thunder Wave. Finally, Ho-Oh eats it's attacks like they're nothing, thanks to it's huge bulk and Fire resistance. Terrakion covers the Rock weakness, as well as Stealth Rock. Terrakion isn't an uber tier by any means though, but it's worth noting as it's the closest thing that can do this.
    All of this is correct, except that Groudon almost NEVER has Choice Scarf; instead, he uses the infamous Thunder Wave + Swords Dance with EdgeQuake, therefore crippling Reshiram and sweeping the rest of a weakened team.
    Pokemon B/W OU Future Team:

Pokemon B/W Uber Future Team:

Pokemon B/W Battle Subway Future Team:

These teams are currently in the process of construction.

Reshiram don't care about power he cares about his Fashionist Sense (Choice Scarf)

Moveset:

-Draco Meteor
    -Solarbeam
    -Blue Flare/Fusion Flare
    -Focus Blast
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Natue: Modest (-Atk +SpAtk)
    EVs: 4HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd

Set Analysis:

This Moveset is about revenge killing. Draco Meteor scores a OHKO on Giratina, Salamence and Palkia. Solarbeam revenge kill Groudon, and even if Groudon switches out to Kyogre, Reshiram will still attack first next turn, so don't worry. For this movespot, you have to choose between Blue Flare, who has more power but isn't realible as Fusion Flare, that isn't powerful as Blue Flare, pick the one you think that can help you. Focus Blast, isn't realible, but with some luck you can OHKO Dialga who takes neutral damage from your STAB attacks.

Anti-Dual Screen

Moveset:
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Imprison
    -Flamethrower / Dragon Pulse
    Nature: Calm [+SpDef -Atk] / Bold [-Atk +Def]
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpDef

Analysis:
    Reshiram defences are good enough to pull a Dual Screen Moveset.
    Imprison nulls your foe from setting screens, Flamethrower and Dragon Pulse are for STAB, Dragon Pulse hits the most Dragon Ubers and Flamethrower hits Celebi, Forretress, Scizor and Jirachi.

Other Options
    Shadow Ball, Hidden Power [Fighting], Flamethrower, Psychic, Ancientpower, Choice Band, Life Orb,

Shadow Ball : A Super-Effective Shadow Ball is still weaker than a STAB Blue Flare, making it a less attractive option.

Hidden Power [Fighting]: Is an option over Focus Blast, but it Super-Effective is again weaker than a STAB Fusion Flare and STAB Draco Meteor

Flamethrower : is an option if you are scared of running out of PP

Psychic : I don't know why this should be a option, but you can hit some Uber, at least for Neutral Damage, i don't know, useless in my opnion.

Physical moveset : Choice Band can help Reshiram in a physical moveset, but its only strongest STAB moves are Fire Fang and Outrage, who are weaker and slightly weaker comparing them to Blue Flare and Draco Meteor respectively.

Life Orb : Well, you can still try a Sweeper Reshiram, but its only Stat Boost moves are Hone Claws and Flame Charge, so I think Flame Charge, Fire Fang, Dragon Claw/Outrage, Crunch can score some damage, but is still less effective than the Scarf-Set
    Last edited by Biteu; 4th July 2011 at 6:32 PM.
    Watch my battle (BW) =D

Battle 14 - Using Emboar on OU instead of Infernape! =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uxp4...1&feature=plcp

Hmm. Never thought i'd see this guy. His unique typing gives him unique weaknesses and unique stats and moves
    Here's my set.

Solar-Ram @ Leftovers
    Turboblaze
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 54 Speed

Blue Flare
    Dragon Pulse
    Sunny Day
    Solar Beam

Blue Flare and Dragon Pulse are for Fantastic STAB.
    Sunny Day and Solar Beam are the stars of the show, taking care of anything that has advantage over Solar-Ram's Fire Typing.
    All Solar-ram needs is a boost of speed and it will be complete.

Scarf-Sham
    - Overheat / Blue Flare
    - Draco Meteor
    - Solarbeam
    - Focus Blast
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Evs and Nature:
    252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
    Timid nature

Groudon's favorite partner. The Drought powers up your STAB Fire move, wrecking anything that doesn't resist it. Draco Meteor provides nearly perfect coverage with Fire, and Solarbeam hits Waters and Grounds that could threaten Reshi. Focus Blast helps with Normal-Arceus and Dialga, and more.

Flame Charge
    - Flame Charge
    - Fusion Flare
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Solarbeam / Focus Blast / HP Grass
    Item: Life Orb / Leftovers
    Evs and Nature:
    252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 HP
    Timid nature

Reshiram's sweeping powers are let down by it's under average for Uber speed, but luckily Flame Charge can make up for that. Flame Charge anything you know you can already outspeed to revenge kill, or Flame Charge predicting a switch. Then sweep with your unresisted STAB Combo (Except Heatran [EDIT: I FORGOT RESHIRAM HAS TURBOBLAZE SO RESHIRAM CAN HIT ANYTHING WITH IT'S STAB!]) and your filler move. Solarbeam tears Waters and Grounds in the Sun, and HP Grass if you don't have Sun support. Focus Blast deals with Dialga, Arceus, Darkrai, etc.
    Last edited by Pokeman Man; 7th July 2011 at 1:36 AM.
    In-game name: Carl
    Friend Code: 3325-3523-8312
    Friend Safari: Fighting - Pancham / Mienfoo / Riolu

How am I supposed to expect the unexpected if expecting the unexpected turns the unexpected into the expected?

Since I am back to school, I have little to no time to visit the forums during the weekdays, but the weekends I am almost always available. I still accept breeding requests, but don't expect me to finish them quickly.

All right, Reshiram! Heh. On with the sets!

Choice
    Reshiram @Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
    Turboblaze
    Nature: Modest (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)/Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
    4Hp, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe

-Blue Flare
    -Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast/Hidden Power(Fighting)

Choice Reshiram, Blue Flare has beastly attack power, and has STAB, so does Draco Meteor, which gives perfect coverage with Blue Flare thanks to Turboblaze, but if you don't like the Special Attack drop, Dragon Pulse is an option. Shadow Ball and Focus Blast for coverage, though Focus Blast has quite shaky accuracy, so Hidden Power Fighting is an option.

Dual Screens
    Reshiram @Leftovers/Light Clay
    Turboblaze
    Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
    200 Hp, 36 Sp. Atk, 36 Def, 36 Sp. Def, 200Spe

-Blue Flare
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen

Sets up Dual Screens. Blue Flare and Dragon Pulse for perfect coverage and to attack. Leftovers are used for healing, or Light Clay can be used for longer-lasting Screens.

Life Orb
    Reshiram @Life Orb
    Turboblaze
    Nature: Timid (+Sp. Atk, -Atk)
    4 Hp, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe

-Blue Flare
    -Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast/Hidden Power (Fighting)

Pretty much the same set as Choice Reshiram, except with Life Orb. May not be as strong/fast as a choice set, but Life Orb provides more options.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I can't believe I'm the first to post this set, but Reshiram can easily pull off a

Mixed Set
    Reshiram @ Life Orb
    Nature: Brave
    EVs: 100 Sp Atk, 252 Atk, 156 Spd
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Dragon Claw
    -Fusion Flare
    -Flame Charge

This moveset has both a physical and a special version of the classic fire/dragon combo that gets perfect coverage and also happens to be STAB. If the defenses are more or less equal, use Flame Charge to boost Reshiram's speed, making it faster than Mewtwo. Alternately, put all 252 EVs into Spd to outrun normal form Deoxys after a single boost.
    If you're creative, don't copy and paste this into your signature (Started by 3.14kachu).

Out of curiosity will zekchome be done next week
    Will breed dream world ability females for evolution stones and other items. if intrested PM me
    Female DW pokes i have:

also looking for a tornadus loan to get landlos

I see a lot pf specs sets with all different attack types. Focus Blast seems to be common on all of them but in reality, anything other than a Fire or Dragon type attack is unnecessary. Fire/Dragon provides unresisted coverage because of turboblaze. (Normally Hetran might like to come in on one of Reshiram's STAB attacks, but turboblaze stops flash fire, so nothing resists it.) Here's my personal specs set:

SpecsRam
    Reshiram @ Choice Specs (obviously)
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 252 Sp Atk / 252 speed / 4 other OR 252 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 4 other
    -Blue Flare
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower
    -Dragon Pulse

Blue Flare and Draco Meteor hit like a truck, if that truck is on fire or falling from space. Flamethrower and Dragon Pulse both have higher PP, accuracy, and Dragon Pulse has no nasty side effect. Use Blue Flare and Draco Meteor for OHKO stuff, or at least make a big dent. Later, Flamethrower and Dragon Pulse are there to finish off weakened stuff without having to worry about a rouge miss, lack of PP or Draco Meteor's Sp Atk drop. Like I said earlier, this is unresisted. Other reasons not to use unSTAB moves include but are not limited to: Focus Blast's terrible accuracy, super effective Shadow Ball < neutral STAB Blue Flare or Draco Meteor, etc.

Credit to Nakashima for the amazing user bar and team pose

^agreed. Reshiram doesn't need coverage moves too badly. I personally used the above set and it's nice to have some 100% Accurate moves to fall back on.

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

Darnit! Late again!

Oh well, I was wondering when we would do the Groudon-killing Ho-Oh pairing Timid Specs/Scarfer.

That pretty much explains it, and the set that makes the most sense had already been posted. Overheat/Draco Meateor/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast is what I run on my Ubers team, and it's a great Groudon abliterator, as Overheat OHKOs Groudon pretty much every time.

I'd also love to point out that at -2, Overheat still is a devastating force, and if they send in something that doesn't outright resist it, they'll still have a pain.

Collaboration of what I use:

Reshiram fights for Truth, and OHKOs ALOT.
    Item: Choice Specs
    EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
    -Draco Meteor
    -Overheat
    -Focus Blast
    -Shadow Ball

This set is why I like to call Reshiram the "Reshiraminator". Overheat and Draco Meteor OHKO tons, and if you outthink the opponent, you'll be able to take out a massive brick in their team. Normal targets include but are not limited to: Palkia, Ferrothorn, Groudon, Non-Bulky Kyogre, Dialga, and 2HKO Giratina-A and -O. Man, even Mewtwo and Arceus need to watch their backs with Reshiram hanging around.

Sadly enough, Reshiram far outclasses his brother, Zekrom, in many ways. Most prominent for me is his ability; Turboblaze, which is pretty much Mold Breaker. However, he's able to use this to be able to possibly OHKO non-bulky Heatran with Overheat, which, becauseof his ability, ignores Flash Fire. And, it also ignores Rayquaza's Air Lock last time I checked, so he can make use of sun even though no one else on the field can.

There's kind of a reason Reshiram is more commen than Zekrom, isn't there? I'm not too fond to admit it though, especially since Zekrom has a much better design... Pkmn White player, by the way.

BUT, all of this has already been covered probably. I'm going to reappear with Zekrom !
    Last edited by WeatherEffectRain; 4th July 2011 at 1:55 AM.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Quote Originally Posted by Kale12312 View Post
    ^agreed. Reshiram doesn't need coverage moves too badly. I personally used the above set and it's nice to have some 100% Accurate moves to fall back on.
    Well, both of Reshirams STAB attacks have perfect coverage due to his ability, so it's better of having something to counter weaknesses with.

Pass the Parcel
    Reshiram @ Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spe
    -Fusion Flare
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Hidden Power [Grass]/ Solarbeam
    -Shadow Ball
    *I use this with a Shellpass Smeargle, so Reshiram doesn't need to worry about speed. And with that wonderful special attack, not much can survive it, except maybe Kyogre. I prefer Fusion Flare over Blue Flare because of the accuracy. So it and Dragon Pulse offer STAB, HP Grass means you can hit Bulky waters without worrying about the rain, and Solarbeam if you are running weather. Shadow Ball is against the numerous psychics of the tier like Mewtwo or Lugia..*
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Default Fear the Reshiram

Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
    Blue Flare/Fusion Flare/Flamethrower
    Solarbeam/Focus Blast
    Psychic/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast
    Item Attached:Choise Scarf/Choise Specs/Life Orb/Leftovers
    Ability:Turboblaze
    EVs:4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
    Nature:Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)/Timid (+Spd, -Atk)

Draco Meteor is very strong, but the -2 SAtk is bad, thats why Dragon Pulse is an alternative. Blue Flare is as strong as Draco Meteor, Fusion Flare is Double or Triple with Zekrom, Flamethrower is for hitting the most times. Solarbeam is for hitting staf thats weak to Grass, but it neeeds to be charged, thats why is best to you Reshiram with Groudon. Focus Blast is for hitting Darkrai, Dialga and Arceus without Plate or with Plate thats weak to Fight.Shadow Ball is for psychics and ghosts. Psychic is for coverage.
    Turboblaze is the same as Mold Breaker. Choise Scarf is for Speed, Choise Specs is for SAtk, Life Orb is for more damage, Leftovers is for some recovery. Modest for power, Timid for speed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast