Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #27

Quote Originally Posted by TimmahX View Post
    Countering Reshiram

Ground, Rock and Dragon are the only types that hit for Super Effective damage here, but thankfully, finding a faster threat than Reshiram in Ubers with a Dragon attack is pretty easy. Kyurem, Arceus, Palkia, Rayquaza all outrun the White Behemoth, and can strike it down with some high powered Outrages or Draco Meteors. Dialga is fairly safe against Reshiram, unless it carries Focus Blast (But it needs to worry about opposing Groudons more than Dialga) so that is an unlikely circumstance. Speaking of Groudon, a Scarf variation ensure that it outruns Reshiram and knocks it clean off the field. Kyogre shuts down its Fire attacks and walls everything else but HP [Grass] that it holds for Groudon. Landorus is another nice pick, and Thundurus can debilitate it with Thunder Wave. Finally, Ho-Oh eats it's attacks like they're nothing, thanks to it's huge bulk and Fire resistance. Terrakion covers the Rock weakness, as well as Stealth Rock. Terrakion isn't an uber tier by any means though, but it's worth noting as it's the closest thing that can do this.
    All of this is correct, except that Groudon almost NEVER has Choice Scarf; instead, he uses the infamous Thunder Wave + Swords Dance with EdgeQuake, therefore crippling Reshiram and sweeping the rest of a weakened team.
    Pokemon B/W OU Future Team:

Pokemon B/W Uber Future Team:

Pokemon B/W Battle Subway Future Team:

These teams are currently in the process of construction.

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherEffectRain View Post
    Reshiram doesn't even need Solarbeam. To be honest, Solarbeam is a wasted moveslot. Focus Miss is much better, countering... [Notice I pause alot here] ...Dark and Steels that aren't. Already dead. So yeah.
    Ugh, you made me post huge.. This is the set i use..

Groudon's Best Friend

Modest Choice Scarf 252 Spa 252 Spe 4 whatever

Blue Flare
    Draco Meteor
    Solarbeam
    Focus Blast

Blue Flare just destroys everything dude.. EVERYTHING PERIOD
    Draco Meteor hits for everything that resists Blue Flare insanely hard.
    Solarbeam is for Groudon, though hits a little harder than Blue Flare to it.
    Focus Blast is for Dialga and Heatran, though unnecesary, hits a little harder to them. Again, same as Solarbeam.

I don't like reliable moves, the point is to obliberiate EVERYTHING WITH BLUE FLARE!! the rest are for coverage

USE WITH GROUDON, otherwise, use dragon pulse instead of Solarbeam.
    Last edited by JolteonisUber; 4th July 2011 at 2:56 AM.

If Reshiraminator OHKOs Groudon with Overheat, how would Groudon mess with your team? Sorry, but I must stress this: Reshiram is a top contender in Ubers meatgame, and for good reason. No gimmicks, no draw back, just outright obliteration. Even at -2. Aw yeah.

*Ninja'd by above, EDIT: Blue Flare hits alot harder than Solarbeam in the sun anyway, and Overheat is better with Choice because of a simple concept of "If Draco Meteor Works With It, Why Can't Overheat?"
    Last edited by WeatherEffectRain; 4th July 2011 at 3:00 AM.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

If Reshiraminator OHKOs Groudon with Overheat, how would Groudon mess with your team? Sorry, but I must stress this: Reshiram is a top contender in Ubers meatgame, and for good reason. No gimmicks, no draw back, just outright obliteration. Even at -2. Aw yeah.

*Ninja'd by above, EDIT: Blue Flare hits alot harder than Solarbeam in the sun anyway, and Overheat is better with Choice because of a simple concept of "If Draco Meteor Works With It, Why Can't Overheat?"
    No, Draco Meteor isn't the same as Overheat. I prefer Blue Flare because it's all about your 8 Blue Flare's at your less than 6 opponents. You CAN"T spam Overheat can't you? With Groudon Blue Flare has INSANELY HIGH BASE POWER. That's why.

Yes, but that's what switching's for. And it also helps that the other Pokes cover Reshiram incase he may be KOed by a stray Stone Edge or something. Well, I'mme be back tomorrow about how Overheat is better than Resh's sig.

Yeah you can switch, but isn't it better to just Sweep outright?

Alright. Anyone worried about Evolite Chansey walling Reshiram to death? Fear not; in the sun, Blue Flare clean 2HKOs Evolite Bold Chansey (46.3% - 54.4%) after Stealth Rock damage (however, it also requires a layer of Spikes to guarantee a 2HKO for Calm Evolite Chansey (42.2% - 49.7%); however, there's still a healthy chance to 2HKO without Spikes).
    Pokemon B/W OU Future Team:

Pokemon B/W Uber Future Team:

Pokemon B/W Battle Subway Future Team:

These teams are currently in the process of construction.

Reshiram don't care about power he cares about his Fashionist Sense (Choice Scarf)

Moveset:

-Draco Meteor
    -Solarbeam
    -Blue Flare/Fusion Flare
    -Focus Blast
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Natue: Modest (-Atk +SpAtk)
    EVs: 4HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd

Set Analysis:

This Moveset is about revenge killing. Draco Meteor scores a OHKO on Giratina, Salamence and Palkia. Solarbeam revenge kill Groudon, and even if Groudon switches out to Kyogre, Reshiram will still attack first next turn, so don't worry. For this movespot, you have to choose between Blue Flare, who has more power but isn't realible as Fusion Flare, that isn't powerful as Blue Flare, pick the one you think that can help you. Focus Blast, isn't realible, but with some luck you can OHKO Dialga who takes neutral damage from your STAB attacks.

Anti-Dual Screen

Moveset:
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Imprison
    -Flamethrower / Dragon Pulse
    Nature: Calm [+SpDef -Atk] / Bold [-Atk +Def]
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpDef

Analysis:
    Reshiram defences are good enough to pull a Dual Screen Moveset.
    Imprison nulls your foe from setting screens, Flamethrower and Dragon Pulse are for STAB, Dragon Pulse hits the most Dragon Ubers and Flamethrower hits Celebi, Forretress, Scizor and Jirachi.

Other Options
    Shadow Ball, Hidden Power [Fighting], Flamethrower, Psychic, Ancientpower, Choice Band, Life Orb,

Shadow Ball : A Super-Effective Shadow Ball is still weaker than a STAB Blue Flare, making it a less attractive option.

Hidden Power [Fighting]: Is an option over Focus Blast, but it Super-Effective is again weaker than a STAB Fusion Flare and STAB Draco Meteor

Flamethrower : is an option if you are scared of running out of PP

Psychic : I don't know why this should be a option, but you can hit some Uber, at least for Neutral Damage, i don't know, useless in my opnion.

Physical moveset : Choice Band can help Reshiram in a physical moveset, but its only strongest STAB moves are Fire Fang and Outrage, who are weaker and slightly weaker comparing them to Blue Flare and Draco Meteor respectively.

Life Orb : Well, you can still try a Sweeper Reshiram, but its only Stat Boost moves are Hone Claws and Flame Charge, so I think Flame Charge, Fire Fang, Dragon Claw/Outrage, Crunch can score some damage, but is still less effective than the Scarf-Set
    Last edited by Biteu; 4th July 2011 at 7:32 PM.
    Watch my battle (BW) =D

Battle 14 - Using Emboar on OU instead of Infernape! =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uxp4...1&feature=plcp

don't have much to say this time...

Abilities

Turboblaze: It can attack pokemon regardless of thier ability.

Specshiram

~Blue Flare/Fusion Flare
    ~Dragon Pulse
    ~Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Psychic/Hidden Power [Water]
    ~Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Psychic/Hidden Power [Water]
    Ability: Turboblaze
    Nature: Modest(+Sp. Attack, -Attack)
    252 Sp. Attack/252 HP/4 Speed
    Item: Chioce Specs

The local choice set. Blue Flare is ridiculously powerful and STAB. Fusion Flare is more accurate but weaker. Dragon Pulse is your other STAB. Focus Blast provides a lot of coverage but is inaccurate. Shadow Ball provides some coverage against Ghosts and what not. Psychic provides coverage on Fighting pokemon. Hidden Power [Water] is coverage against Ground types.
    Click image for respective credits

Reshiram is stylish
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    Ev: 252 Sp Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp / 252 Sp Atk 252 Spd 4 Sp Def
    Flame Thrower/Fusion Flare/Blue Flare
    Focus Blast
    Solar Beam/ Hidden Power (water)
    Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
    Ability: Turbo Blaze
    Item: Choice Specs/ Scarf or Wide Glasses
    Reshiram should wear it own style called : "Reshistyle"
    Use either Flame Thrower for STAB boost and good accuracy and a little bit burn effect to take less Atk or Fusion Flare with good accuracy and more damage but without burn effect.Blue Flare is like a Fire Blast with 10% more burning effect and looks cooler!
    Focus Blast used to wreck Rock Type
    Solar Beam used with Groudon on your team or an Sunny Day to just not only mess with rock type but also Ground Type. Or use Hidden Power Water so you can also mess Fire Type that take your fire attack or pokemon with Flash Fire!
    Use Draco Meteor to OHKO most Pokemon but with -2 Spa Atk after that , Dragon Pulse is Great with Reshiram awesome base 150 Sp Atk and have no recoil
    CYNDAQUIL IS AWESOME

This is my favourite Reshiram set. It's pretty effective, for a Reshiram. In gen 5 Ubers, Reshiram is pretty bad though, since Kyogre is very common, and Chansey, among other special walls can beat all Reshiram so long as it's raining.

Speed-Boosting Sweeper
    Nature: Modest (+Sp Atk; -Atk) / Timid (+Sp Atk; -Atk)
    EV: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Att / 252 Spd
    Item: Leftovers / Air Balloon
    Moves:
    -Blue Flare
    -Flame Charge
    -Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor
    -Substitute / Focus Blast

The set lay-out is simple. Flame Charge on a weak Pokemon to begin your sweep by increasing your speed. Reshiram's high Special Attack makes it easy to deal heavy damage. Fire and Dragon get perfect coverage along side each other with the help of Reshiram's ability, Turboblaze. Focus Blast is only really useful for extra super effective type coverage (specifically against Dialga, which tend to be Specially Defensive). Substitute should be your primary option here, so you can protect yourself from status. Substitute often lets your also set up against Ferrothorn, Chansey, most other walls, and in the case of having an Air Balloon, any pokemon locked into a ground type move. Substitute will also let you get a second hit on a pokemon if need be (making Focus Blast serve little to no purpose in the Sun). Speaking of Sun, this set proves to be most effective (if not effective at all) paired with Groudon and his ability, Drought. Groudon helps Reshiram anyway, with its ability to set up Stealth Rocks, and paralyze/eliminate complicated threats (like Ho-oh). Blue Flare and Dragon Pulse are the perfect STAB duo, and allow Reshiram to sweep for a while. Draco Meteor is usually for a quick boosted hit. Life Orb is not suggested here because this Reshiram strives on surviving and sweeping. Since you won't really need the extra speed, Modest should be your primary nature. However, if you're nit-picky about being out-sped by other base 90 scarfers, use timid so after 1 speed boost, you will at the very minimum get a speed tie.

Yes, but that's what switching's for. And it also helps that the other Pokes cover Reshiram incase he may be KOed by a stray Stone Edge or something. Well, I'mme be back tomorrow about how Overheat is better than Resh's sig.
    Blue Flare > Overheat

Overheat gets 10 more base power, 5% more accuracy and trades for 20% burn and the ability to sweep. Overheat isn't bad but barring a hit and run Specs set its useless.

Edit: No, to anyone saying Solarbeam. Thats just begging for Kyogre to switch in and kill you.

Here, use this to get an idea of the Ubers metagame

If for some reason you can't read Fireburn's writing, there's also the Smog's small analysis for Reshiram. Less detailed but still has some points.
    Team Building Guide For Beginners!

Trade Thread - has free flawless dittos! (both english and japanese)

FC: 2365-5113-5595 (White)

Quote Originally Posted by Kale12312 View Post
    ^agreed. Reshiram doesn't need coverage moves too badly. I personally used the above set and it's nice to have some 100% Accurate moves to fall back on.
    Well, both of Reshirams STAB attacks have perfect coverage due to his ability, so it's better of having something to counter weaknesses with.

Pass the Parcel
    Reshiram @ Life Orb
    EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid
    -Fusion Flare
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Hidden Power [Grass]/ Solarbeam
    -Shadow Ball
    *I use this with a Shellpass Smeargle, so Reshiram doesn't need to worry about speed. And with that wonderful special attack, not much can survive it, except maybe Kyogre. I prefer Fusion Flare over Blue Flare because of the accuracy. So it and Dragon Pulse offer STAB, HP Grass means you can hit Bulky waters without worrying about the rain, and Solarbeam if you are running weather. Shadow Ball is against the numerous psychics of the tier like Mewtwo or Lugia..*
    Have a nice day

Black FC: 3911-6974-2268
    -STUNFISK LAUGHS AT YOU!-

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present."

Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid.

Default Fear the Reshiram

Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
    Blue Flare/Fusion Flare/Flamethrower
    Solarbeam/Focus Blast
    Psychic/Shadow Ball/Focus Blast
    Item Attached:Choise Scarf/Choise Specs/Life Orb/Leftovers
    Ability:Turboblaze
    EVs:4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
    Nature:Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)/Timid (+Spd, -Atk)

Draco Meteor is very strong, but the -2 SAtk is bad, thats why Dragon Pulse is an alternative. Blue Flare is as strong as Draco Meteor, Fusion Flare is Double or Triple with Zekrom, Flamethrower is for hitting the most times. Solarbeam is for hitting staf thats weak to Grass, but it neeeds to be charged, thats why is best to you Reshiram with Groudon. Focus Blast is for hitting Darkrai, Dialga and Arceus without Plate or with Plate thats weak to Fight.Shadow Ball is for psychics and ghosts. Psychic is for coverage.
    Turboblaze is the same as Mold Breaker. Choise Scarf is for Speed, Choise Specs is for SAtk, Life Orb is for more damage, Leftovers is for some recovery. Modest for power, Timid for speed.

Reshi...

Reshiram @ Life Orb
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Flame Charge
    - Blue Flare / Fusion Flare
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Thunder

Flame Charge Reshiram works pretty well, but I've never played Ubers so I wouldn't know. Flame Charge increases Reshiram's speed, and at +1 it'll at least Speed tie with Scarf Kyogre and the like. Blue Flare hits harder, and can burn, but Fusion Flare doesn't miss. Dragon Pulse hits things that resist your Fire move of choice hard, notably Dragon Types, and Thunder is used for cove- I mean, exclusively for the big blue fish Kyogre. No really, you'll be using Reshiram in the SUN and Thunder + Not Rain = Fail.
    Ignore, thanks.

Default Fear the Reshiram

Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
    Blue Flare/Fusion Flare/Flamethrower
    Solarbeam/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Psychic
    Solarbeam/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Psychic
    Item Attached:Choise Scarf/Choise Specs/Life Orb/Leftovers
    Ability:Turboblaze
    EVs:4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spd
    Nature:Modest (+SAtk, -Atk) / Timid (+Spd, -Atk)

Draco Meteor gats STAB and is very strong, but the -2 SAtk is bad, thats why Dragon Pulse is an alternative. Blure Flare gets STAB and is very strong, Fusion Flare combines good with Zekrom, Flamethrower is for hiting the most times. Solarbeam is best to use with Groudon, Focus Blast is for hitting Darkrai, but most notably Dialga that would like to take neutral damage from your STAB moves, Shadow Ball is for psychics and ghosts, Psychic is for coverage.

Item:Choise Scarf for Speed, Choise Specs for Sp Attack, Life Orb for more damage, Leftovers for some recovery.

Natures:Modest for power, Timid for Speed.

Partners:Groudon is a great partner, because it sets up sun which powers up Reshirams STAB Fire attacks and Slolarbeam without charging. Zekrom is good, but not as good as Groudon. It will be there only for powering up your Fusion Flare.+=DANGER!!!

hi, i caught mine ages ago and its calm nature. can anyone help in how to raise it ?

Reshiram's stats are very similar to Palkia's, but its unique typing sets it apart.

Turboblaze is just Mold Breaker with a different name. Cool for ignoring Pressure and Levitate.

As with all fire types, Reshiram loves sun. Groudon is an awesome partner for this Dragon. I don't know if Turboblaze ignores Air Lock, but if it does, that's really awesome in the sunlight.

In Doubles and Triples, pairing Reshiram and Zekrom could make for an interesting and explosive combination. Use Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt in succession for massive damage. The only issue is that Earthquake is all too common, so watch for users of that move.

Reshiram also has moves with some of the highest base power in the game. It's signature move, Blue Flare, has a whopping base 130 power and has a surprisingly high 85% accuracy, and no adverse side-effects. It also gets the insanely powerful Draco Meteor, and off a base 150 Sp. Attack, that will put huge dents in almost everything. The possibility of Choice Specs makes it even more terrifying. The Fire-Dragon combo is also resisted only by Heatran, and I have no idea if that guy is used in Ubers.

Reshiram isn't too shabby on the physical side of things, either. It's inferior to Zekrom in that aspect, and it lacks a good physical fire attack, but it gets a solid physical movepool and has a decent base 120 attack (decent in Ubers, that is). As mixed set is also completely viable.

Reshiram is a tad slow in the Uber tier, and it ties speed with Dialga, Groudon, Ho-oh, and other base 90 Ubers. A +Speed nature is pretty much required for all sweeping variants of Reshiram. Choice Scarf and Flame Charge are also options to boost that Speed.

I guess you could run a defensive build for Reshiram, but its only healing move is Rest and it can't get Sleep Talk, so it's a sitting duck unless you have a cleric. Also, Ground and Dragon moves are extremely common in the Uber environment, further lessening the effectiveness of a defensive set.
    Last edited by ClefairyRox; 4th July 2011 at 3:44 PM.

SpecialRam

Reshiram @ White Herb
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spe
    - Blue Flare
    - Draco Meteor
    - Solarbeam
    - Shadow Ball

Blue Flare and Draco Meteor as strongest STAB moves, plus White Herb for the Sp. Atk drop.
    Solarbeam for awesome power, better used in Sunlight, and also gives coverage for weakness!
    Shadow Ball for coverage, hits hard special sweepers, like he could be.

ClawsRam

Reshiram @ Leftovers
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    - Hone Claws
    - Flame Charge
    - Outrage
    - Crunch

And the physical side. 120 base Attack works well.
    But... a little setup is required.
    Hone Claws boosts up Attack and Accuracy, we need only Attack for Flame Charge, just to have +2 Attack, +2 Accuracy and +2 Speed.
    Outrage for boss STAB, Crunch for coverage.

Back in the Serebii.net Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneIGuess View Post
    Reshi...

Reshiram @ Life Orb
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Flame Charge
    - Blue Flare / Fusion Flare
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Thunder

Flame Charge Reshiram works pretty well, but I've never played Ubers so I wouldn't know. Flame Charge increases Reshiram's speed, and at +1 it'll at least Speed tie with Scarf Kyogre and the like. Blue Flare hits harder, and can burn, but Fusion Flare doesn't miss. Dragon Pulse hits things that resist your Fire move of choice hard, notably Dragon Types, and Thunder is used for cove- I mean, exclusively for the big blue fish Kyogre. No really, you'll be using Reshiram in the SUN and Thunder + Not Rain = Fail.
    Reshiram can't learn Thunder. It would be nice, but Kyogre has that reassurance against Reshiram.

Turning on the Turbo
    Reshiram @ Life Orb
    4 HP/ 252 Sp. At /252 Speed Modest/ Timid
    Flame Charge
    Blue Flare
    Dragon Pulse
    Focus Blast

Bring in on a weakened pokemon that is weak to fire (ex. Ferrothron, Forrestress). Finish with flame charge, get a speed boost, then destroy the rest of the uber metagame with dragon pulse/ blue flare respectively. Recommended use in Sunny team to get all the power out of flame charge / blue flare.
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/343jiwx.png[/IMG]
    Keeping the classics alive

Please stop mentioning SolarBeam. In the Sun, Groudon is severely damaged by Blue Flare, Reshiram doesn't need SolarBeam to destroy Groudon. Groudon doesn't counter Reshiram. Also remember that SolarBeam has half power in other Weather conditions (Hail, Rain, or Sandstorm) and needs a charge turn. Kyogre can set up Calm Mind easily against Reshiram if it uses SolarBeam. Tyranitar can switch into a predicted SolarBeam and punish Reshiram with a powerful Stone Edge.

In conclusion, SolarBeam may be good in-game, but it doesn't work in the Uber tier. I think it shouldn't be mentioned in the analysis. Not even in Other Options.

Also, Wobbuffet should be mentioned as a partner, as it can beat Choice Scarf users such as Garchomp that outspeed and KO Reshiram.
    Last edited by Swoobat; 4th July 2011 at 6:05 PM.

Default Hit 'em Hard

Hit 'em Hard

-Blue Flare/Fusion Flare
    -Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
    -Psychic/Shadow Ball/
    -Focus Blast/Solarbeam
    Item: Life Orb
    EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
    Nature: Modest, Timid

Hit 'em Hard is meant to be a special sweeper. You can use Blue Flare for a ton of damage , but you can also use Fusion Flare, which does less damage but has 100 accuracy an with stab it's power is 150. Draco Meteor can be used to do a ton of damage but again, it's accuracy is 90 and it lowers your special attack. Dragon Pulse does less damage but doesn't lower you special attack and has 100 accuracy. Psychic and Shadow Ball are for coverage as they take out fighting, ghost, and poison types which might have ground moves. Last Focus Blast and Solarbeam are both powerful moves but Focus Blast has 70 accuracy and Solarbeam has to charge.

Other Options: Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Hyper Voice
    Flamethrower: You can use flamethrower if you want more PP than Fusion Flare.
    Sunny Day: Sunny Day can be used to keep Solarbeam charged, although it takes up a turn.
    Hyper Voice: Hyper Voice can do a considerable amount of damage.

Wow, at the beginning of a POTW, posts sure flood in.

Well, anyways, back to Overheat and Blue Flare. Okay, I get it, Blue Flare can be better, yeah, but in my personal preference, Overheat's 10 more Base Power makes a big difference. Or, you know, if anything, it's there to OHKO Groudon before they can gt SR up. BUT, whatever works.

I've got little more to say on Reshiraminator. I'll still be hanging around the POTW though

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Focus Blast is justifiable if you hate bulky Dialga.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast