Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #27

This guy is a boss. He has nice typing (why hasn't it been done before?) and great stats overall. He can work in almost any role, and do it well. He has an awesome ability (but it works better with Zekrom). I love this guy.

ScreenRam
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    - Flamethrower / Dragon Pulse / Hyper Voice / Blue Flare
    - Flamethrower / Dragon Pulse / Hyper Voice / Blue Flare
    Item: Light Clay
    Ability: Turboblaze
    EVs and Natures: Bold (+Def, -Sp. Def)
    150 Hp / 204 Def / 204 Sp. Def

I saw this set somewhere, but I can't remember where... Anyway, with Reshiram's nice defenses and Hp, he can set up Light Screen and Reflect, and with the Light Clay it lasts seven turns. After setting up the screens he can switch out without having to worry about being too badly hurt by just about anything. The other attacks are filler.

FACE THE POWER OF THE VAST WHITE POKEMON!
    - Calm Mind
    - Blue Flare
    - Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
    - Shadow Ball / Psychic / Solarbeam
    Items: Choice Band / Life Orb
    EVs and Natures: Modest (+Sp. Att, -Att) / Timid (+Spd, -Att)
    4 Hp / 252 Sp. Att / 252 Spd

Reshiram is pretty strong, so why not take advantage of that? Calm Mind boosts Special Defense and Special Attack, and then you can destroy anything with Blue Flare or Draco Meteor. Dragon Pulse is if you don't like losing Special Attack. The last attack is your choice; Shadow Ball has nice base power and takes out Psychic and Ghost; Psychic owns Fighting and Poison types; Solarbeam is strong and takes out Rock and Ground types, which Reshiram is weak against, but takes up a turn. Choice Band speeds you up, and if you choose that choose Modest; Life Orb Powers you up, so if you choose that item choose Timid.

FACE THE WRATH OF THE DEEP BLACK... Oh wait, just Reshiram with good attack.
    EVs and Natures: Adamant (+Att, -Sp. Att) / Jolly (+Spd, -Sp. Att)
    4 Hp / 252 Att / 252 Spd

I couldn't really find that many attacks, but the point is Reshiram has base 120 attack. That's actually good, so you could potentially use it to surprise people.

Double and Triple Battle Options
    Not that many. Potentially Rock Slide, but weakness to that attack and Earthquake makes him really bad for this kind of style.

Partners
    Anything that can take out Stealth Rock and bulky Waters. Those crush Reshiram, so take them out.

Countering Reshiram
    Bulky Waters like Kyogre, Garchomp could work, Bulky Rocks could work, etc.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by WeatherEffectRain View Post
    Well, anyways, back to Overheat and Blue Flare. Okay, I get it, Blue Flare can be better, yeah, but in my personal preference, Overheat's 10 more Base Power makes a big difference. Or, you know, if anything, it's there to OHKO Groudon before they can gt SR up. BUT, whatever works.
    Specs Reshiram Blue Flame vs Smogon support Groudon: 157.7% - 185.6%

vs max/max Groudon: 111.4% - 130.9%

You always OHKO it with Life Orb too. So yeah, bad reference.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Focus Blast is justifiable if you hate bulky Dialga.
    Specs Reshiram Blue Flame in sun vs Smogon Bulk Up Dialga: 103.5% - 122%
    Specs Focus Blast: 85.1% - 100.5% (also its less accurate!)

Well then. Of course I was wrong.

Changing subject from my misjudgement, Rayquaza's a cool partner in Doubles and Trilples as he makes Rain become useless, making Ove- Blue Flare as powerful out of rain as it is in. Groudon's also a cool partner, cause, y'know, Sunlight rocks. And Ho-oh is a cool partner too, as he can hit Physical while Reshiraminator is Special.
    Last edited by WeatherEffectRain; 4th July 2011 at 10:14 PM.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

...Where is a proper mixed set?

Why am I seeing rubbish like Solarbeam, Psychic, Shadow Ball and Hyper Voice in this thread...?

Normally, I give the POTWs a chuckle and move on to what I'm doing, but I wont stand for a second to see my favorite Dragon publicly ruined by the likes of many of these vomit inducing sets. Reshiram is one of few Pokemon that frankly, only needs it's STABS and nothing more. Anything else several posters have mentioned is likely going to get outdamaged in the sunlight, anyway.

Mixed.
    Reshiram @Life Orb/Haban Berry
    Nature: Hasty/Mild
    EVs: 4 Atk/ 252 SpA/ 252 Speed
    Blue Flare
    Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
    Outrage
    Flame Charge

Come in on something deathly afraid of Reshiram (Which isn't actually hard to find) and Flame Charge to gain a boost. Proceed to break down any walls giving you a hard time to pave the way for something else more potent to sweep. Getting rid of Kyogre is an obvious must for this set to have maximum potential, but Outrage seems to do that just fine from previous experiences.

Specs.
    Reshiram @Choice Specs
    Nature: Modest/Timid
    EVs: 226 HP/ 252 SpA/ 32 Speed -- Modest speed creep.
    or, 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Speed -- Timid standard.
    Blue Flare
    Dragon Pulse
    Draco Meteor
    Flamethrower/ Fusion Flame

HP Rock warrants an optional mention somewhere on this set for any impending Ho-ohs that may make you paranoid. My personal favorite would be Modest, though. I'd prefer not getting outsped; so the given EVs for that nature are to outspeed non-scarfed/speed nature base 90s. Feel free to adjust to your liking, otherwise.

Be reminded at how important TurboBlaze is, being able to bypass Sturdy, Flash Fire and Unaware Quagsire is a tremendous bonus to this guy. Multiscale Lugia (currently unreleased), is pretty much screwed as well.
    *Insert more obvious comments and teammates here.*
    Last edited by Sonikku za Hejjihoggu; 6th July 2011 at 3:49 AM.

Okay, this is going to be my first POTW post, so forgive me if I make any mistakes in this post.

Overview:

Reshiram is devastating in the Ubers. Cool design (Although Zekrom is more popular...), and it can destroy almost anything with it's STAB attacks such as Blue Flare and Draco Meteor. It works GREAT in the sun. The only counter that comes to mind is Heatran because of Flash Fire - WHAAAAAT? Reshiram has Turboblaze (Mold Breaker)? Well then, Heatran can't do very much against Reshiram! Reshiram just has no true counters because of it's sheer power and alright movepool, dual screens, and a great partner with Groudon.

Abilities:

Turboblaze: Reshiram makes great use of this ability by negating all Flash Fire users, Rayquaza, Pressure, Levitate, and other harmful abilities.

The White Flame

- Solarbeam/Hidden Power [Grass]/Hidden Power [Rock]/Flame Charge
    - Blue Flare/Overheat/Flamethrower
    - Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse/Dragon Claw
    - Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/Calm Mind
    Item Attached: Life Orb/White Herb/Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
    EVs and Nature:
    4 Atk/252 SpAtk/252 Spd
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)

This set looks overboard, but that's for flexibility. I recommend using this set on a sun team, but there are other options if you aren't. Solarbeam works fairly well when used with Groudon (or DW Ninetails if you REALLY want to, but we're playing Ubers here...), but gets smashed by weather switch ins (including Kyogre, Tyranitar, and other weather causers that aren't Ninetails or Groudon). Hidden Power [Grass] is an option if you aren't running a sun team or you are afraid of switch ins. Hidden Power [Rock] can beat Ho-oh. Flame Charge speeds Reshiram up and gives it a better chance to sweep, but not recommended with Choice items. Blue Flare has the potential to OHKO everything that isn't a Water, Dragon, Rock, or Fire-type. Overheat is if you want something a tiny bit stronger, but it has the drawback of the lowering of 2 stages of SAtk, and it can't burn.Flamethrower has more PP and reliable accuracy. Draco Meteor can kill off most of Reshiram's weaknesses. Dragon Pulse is an option for no drawbacks and more accuracy. Dragon Claw is an option for Chansey. Focus Blast decimates Tyranitar and other weak Pokemon, while Shadow Ball gives coverage against Ghosts and Psychics. Calm Mind boosts Reshiram's power up, but doesn't work very well with the Choice items. The item is up to you. White Herb can recover from Draco Meteor and Overheat, but Life Orb helps with damage. Choice Specs locks you in the move and powers that move up more than Life Orb. Choice Scarf locks you in that move but increases speed instead.

Double & Triple Battle Options:

Reshiram gets Rock Slide, Fusion Flare, and strong single hitting moves. That's pretty much it for the attacking side of the spectrum. On the support side, Reshiram gets to dual screen, and use support sets. Honestly, the only reason you should run Reshiram in doubles and triples is because of dual screens.

Partners:

Reshiram has high SAtk power, but needs a lot of support to back it up. The most obvious choice: GROUDON. Reshiram runs decently on it's own, but with infinite sun coming in, Reshiram's power and flexibility boosts up to the sky. You also need a spinner to remove Spikes, so Starmie could do the trick. Forretress can do the job as well and resists Dragon. You also might want a cleric to recover from any statuses, because Reshiram can't do it's job well if it gets hit by Thunder Wave. Zekrom actually pairs up with Reshiram quite well and can eliminate Kyogre with a Bolt Strike or a Thunder. You also want to throw in entry hazards to try and ensure the OHKO. Bronzong can resist quite well for Reshiram as well as using dual screens.

Countering Reshiram:

How to counter something that can have high SAtk and Turboblaze...Straight away we can look at Evolite Chansey walling it with statuses, crippling Reshiram unless Reshiram is running a mixed or physical set. Speaking of statuses, Reshiram is prone to status effects. Tornadus and Thundurus have Prankster, which can run ahead and use statuses, crippling Reshiram, but prepare to lose it soon. Weather causers that aren't Drought can switch into Solarbeam, creating an opening if you are fast enough. Kyogre and Politoed have Drizzle, which can lower Reshiram's potential and power. Just try and avoid Draco Meteor and Zekrom switch ins. Tyranitar and Hippowdon can change the weather to Sandstorm, Tyranitar can get the boost of SDef, and both can deal reliable damage using Stone Edge and Earthquake, but Tyranitar is 4x weak to Focus Blast and Hippowdon's SDef is terrible. Abomnasnow is the last weather causer that I haven't mentioned, hail, but unless you're running a hail team...why? Choice Scarf Terrakion can outspeed Reshiram, resist Blue Flare, and can hit hard with a STAB Stone Edge. Be wary of Focus Blast, though. Entry Hazards ruin Reshiram's chances at switching in, as it's weak to Stealth Rock and takes damage from Spikes. Rock-type Arceus can guard against Blue Flare, but still takes hard hits from repeated Dragon attacks and Focus Blasts. Ho-oh resists Blue Flare and can use Recover, while dealing damage to Reshiram with Brave Bird. Watch it for Hidden Power [Rock] though. Palkia can switch in to the Blue Flare and resist Blue Flare to the max, but takes serious damage from Draco Meteor. In conclusion, Reshiram has no true counters, and should always be noted of when creating a team to play in Ubers.
    Last edited by slaymer; 7th July 2011 at 1:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A d v e n t™ View Post

Why am I seeing rubbish like Solarbeam, Psychic, Shadow Ball and Hyper Voice in this thread...?
    Because we like to run these types of sets. Besides, if you're running sun, you should also be running Solarbeam, because of increased power on Fire-type attacks and coverage against Waters. Anyway, your sets are your sets; it's up to you to choose what to run.

Zekrom is a good partner since it can get rid of Kyogre and Chansey, while Reshiram removes Ferrothorn and Groudon, making the combination very difficult to wall. Groudon is an obvious partner. A Rapid Spinner is nice since it lets Reshiram get more switches, as it is vulnerable to all entry hazards. Bronzong resists all of Reshi's weaknesses, and Reshiram gets a free switch when a fire move is used on Bronzong. Paralysis support is nice, since Reshram is pretty slow.
    This has probably been said.
    This is a pointless post.
    Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by slaymer View Post
    Because we like to run these types of sets. Besides, if you're running sun, you should also be running Solarbeam, because of increased power on Fire-type attacks and coverage against Waters. Anyway, your sets are your sets; it's up to you to choose what to run.
    kyogre game over buddy

A Groudon switch in or even Reshiram's Draco Meteor can bring Kyogre down Or you can switch in with Zekrom and spam the heck out of Thunder. Let's not argue about this, okay? Each of us has our own opinions.

name: Choice Specs
    Draco Meteor
    Blue Flare
    Dragon Pulse
    Focus Blast/Flamethrower
    item: Choice Specs
    evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    nature: Timid

i really like this poke puts wholes in opponents team

Click my Sig to go to our xat!!!

credit to EG and extroph

Eh. Whether or not you run what you run, Draco Meteor and Blue Flare(/Overheat in my case,) will find its way onto the set. Dragon Pulse usable over Draco Meteor, if you think that it matters or something that you get -2. Switch, or if you run mixed, mix. It's kind of obvious for Reshiram though.

Notable is his movepool is below average but it still hits like a truck with unresisted STABs, so movepool isn't a cool term for Draco Meteor+Blue Flare(/Overheat, me). The others are fillers, more or less.

Mwahaha! R4GE Zibdas! I have Claimed Probopass!

I support MC. But with Eviolite. Viva la Eviolite!

Well, its been a while.

Reshiram loves the sun and Turboblaze is nice. Let's see what I can do.

Specs/Scarf
    @: Choice Specs/Scarf
    EVs: 252 SpAtk and Spd, 4 HP

Blue Flare/Fusion Flare
    Dragon Pulse
    Draco Meteor
    Shadow Ball

Choose a STAB Fire attack, have Dragon Pulse for early game, Meteor for late, Shadow Ball for the Psychics. I would go with Choice Specs because trying to outrun things that already outrun it because they are scarfed as well is kinda pointless, so it's best to go for pure power.

Yin-Yang Speed Boost!!
    @: Leftovers/Life Orb
    EVs: 252 SpAtk and Spd, 4 HP

Flame Charge
    Blue Flare/Fusion Flare
    Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
    Shadow Ball/Draco Meteor

Speed up with Flame Charge and strike with the appropriate attack.

Yin can also stop attacks
    @: Light Clay/Leftovers
    Nature: Timid/Bold
    EVs: 252 HP. 252 Spd, 4 Def

Reflect
    Light Screen
    Dragon Pulse
    Flamethrower/Blue Flare

Yeah, the typical drill. Flamethrower gets more usage than Blue Flare, but has much lower power.

Other options
    -Physical attacks are a bad idea. Your strongest Fire Physical attack is Fire Fang and the only other option is Flame Charge, which is only useful for speed boosts. You also lack Earthquake, leaving little to work with.
    -Mixed attacking on the other hand might be a decent option. You do have Stone Edge and Crunch and Dragon Claw and Outrage, but that is the extent of your physical attacks.
    -Never consider Fire Blast. Go with Blue Flare.
    -Overheat is a poor choice with Blue Flare as a weapon.
    -Flamethrower was mentioned, but I will mention it again here as replacements in the first two sets. Fusion Flare has the same accuracy, very little extra power, and much less usage. It's an option, but the extra power in Fusion Flare can make a difference between a KO and an almost KO that could cost you in the long run.
    -Psychic, Extrasensory, and Hyper Voice are other Special attacks Reshiram can use. Their coverage sucks, and the only move beyond Fire/Dragon you should really use in Ubers with Reshiram is Shadow Ball.
    -Dragon Tail gets a special mention. Reshiram is slow by Uber standards, so the negative priority is shrugged off a bit, but it really wastes that awesome special attack stat.
    -Will-o-Wisp is burn maker, but Reshiram is KO maker.
    -Reshiram is not bulky enough (by Uber standards) to use Substitute. It has its uses, but nothing further than Sub+3 attacks.
    -Solarbeam can be useful with Groudon. Limited usefulness though.

Partners
    Groudon. The Sun will power Reshiram. Sky Shaymin resists Water and Ground. Ferrothorn resists rock.
    I claim Buizel.

Default Bulky gimmick support set.

Reshiram, dragon counter.
    Timid
    Turboblaze
    Leftovers
    EVs: 252HP/4SpAtk/252Spe
    -Imprison
    -Will-o-wisp
    -Flamethrower
    -Draco Meteor

This set can essentially shut down choice dragons. with draco meteor being so darn popular on such things catching them with imprison on the switch in could always be fun, this could either force another switch or keep soldiering on, either way this gives you the opportunity to throw out a will-o-wisp without feeling too nervous about the accuracy, or if it is another special dragon you are facing can throw draco meteor right back in their face. Flamethrower is there for consistent damage and paired with draco meteor gets great coverage.

Reshiram

Flame Charge
    modest/timid
    Turboblaze
    Focus Sash/Life Orb/Expert Belt
    EVs: 252SpAtk/252Spe/ 4HP
    -Flame Charge
    -Blue Flare/Fusion Flare
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Solarbeam

Flame chargeto boost speed.Blue flare and Dragon Pulse for STAB.Solarbeam to be used with Groudon.Fusion Flare only if you're using Zekrom in doubles or triples.Modest for power;Timid for speed.Sash for surviving a hit at full hp;life orb for damage,same for expert belt.

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

Post Flare It UP! Flare It UP!

Item:flame plate/ charcoal/fire gem/persim berry
    Ability: turboblaze
    Nature: Mild(+spa -def)/Modest(+spa -atk)
    EV:4HP/128ATK/256SPA/128SPD
    Outrage/Draco meteor
    Psychic/Solarbeam
    Blue flare
    Fusion Flare

The point of this set is to abuse your special attack. You don't want to be taking hits so you have some speed investment.BLUE FLARE is just plain good. FUSION FLARE is his signature move. PSYCHIC makes good use of his large special attack stat.SOLARBEAM gets rid of his rock and ground weakness. OUTRAGE if your running mild nature. DRACO METEOR Is the strongest special attack STAB dragon-type move.

A good partner for Reshiram would be a max speed Zekrom with fusion bolt to make crazy strength fusion flare.

Quote Originally Posted by slaymer View Post
    A Groudon switch in or even Reshiram's Draco Meteor can bring Kyogre down Or you can switch in with Zekrom and spam the heck out of Thunder. Let's not argue about this, okay? Each of us has our own opinions.
    Okay, first of all, switching Groudon in on Kyogre is never a good idea, unless you want to taste Ice Beam.

Second, CM Kyogre will have a field day with you if you're planning to use DM.

Third, you do not run Thunder on Zekrom. Zekrom is a physical attacker.

Since most sets have already been said, I have a gimmick set of sorts to propose.

Reshiram w/ Life Orb
    (-Def, +Speed), 252 Speed, 200 Sp Atk, 58 Atk (little iffy on these)
    Hone Claws
    Blue Fire
    Dragon Pulse/Claw
    Stone Edge/Focus Blast

Hone Claws boosts both your attack and accuracy. Typically not the best boosting move, but it has it's uses here. Namely, boosting Reshiram's spectacular Blue Fire move's accuracy. Next comes the second part of Reshi's unresisted dual-STAB; Either Dragon Pulse, which comes off your higher special attack, or Dragon Claw, which is boosted by Hone Claws and makes short work of Blissey/Chansey. For the last one you have a coverage move which benefits from the accuracy boost- Stone Edge or Focus Blast. The former also makes use of the attack boost, while the latter utilizes your higher Special Attack. I'd recommend using Stone Edge with Dragon Pulse or Focus Blast with Dragon Claw, to better make use of this set's unique advantages. While we're recommending stuff, I'd personally go with Dragon Pulse and Stone Edge, as many things in the Uber environment are weak to Stone Edge- Ho-Oh, Lugia, Skymin, Rayquaza... Most notable of that list is Lugia, one of the strongest walls in the Uber's environment, and Ho-oh, who laughs in the face of Blue Fire.
    ...Oh, I guess you could run Outrage over Dragon Claw, but I don't recommend it.

Teammates

Now, you want to be using Reshi on a Sun team for maximum effect. So that means Groudon, obviously. In particular, T-Wave Groudon can make it much easier for Reshi to sweep, slowing opponents to a quarter of their usual speed. Amusingly enough, Zekrom makes a great teammate, due to his ability to solidly take down Kyogre- and, being an electric-type that doesn't rely on Thunder, he loses absolutely nothing from being in the sun. Finally, Ho-Oh makes a great choice, providing a welcome Ground immunity.
    "Open your mouth too wide, and your ears close."

Do you wish you could do things like in the anime?
    Do you wish you could dodge behind a rock to avoid an attack?
    Do you wish that you could use the arena to stop your opponents cold?
    If you answered yes to any of those questions, the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League could be for you!

It should be said that due to TurboBlaze, Reshiram has unresisted type coverage with Fire and Dragon, which is amazing, nothing can switch into it safely.

Reshiram @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
    Timid
    252 SpA / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    Blue Flare
    Flamethrower
    Draco Meteor
    Dragon Pulse

Blue Flare and Draco Meteor destroy opponents, Dragon Pulse y Flamethrower are more reliable as they don't miss. Reshiram doesn't need more, as those attacks give him unresisted coverage.

Another set should use Flame Charge to boost Reshiram's low Speed.

Other Options:

Focus Blast destroys Tyranitar, but it makes Ghost-types switch into it, and Wobbuffet can trap and KO a Reshiram locked in Focus Blast easily.
    Dragon Tail is a good attack, but Reshiram is better off attacking.
    Outrage and Stone Edge can be used in a Mix set to surprise the opponent.
    Fusion Flare is more powerful than Flamethrower, but it has less PP and a worst secundary effect.
    Substitute can be useful as Reshiram forces many switches.
    Hone Claws can be used to boost Reshiram's Attack, but Ho-Oh outclasses it as a physical attacker.
    A Draco Plate or a Flame Plate can be used to bluff a Choice item.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraleck View Post
    Reshiram can't learn Thunder. It would be nice, but Kyogre has that reassurance against Reshiram.
    Wait what?

Oh, must've been looking at Kyogre. Whoops.

In that case...

Reshiram @ Life Orb
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Flame Charge
    - Blue Flare / Fusion Flare
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Outrage

Outrage is a 2HKO on pretty much every Kyogre. Except Rest-Talk.

Edit: Nevermind, all Offensive Kyogre OHKO Reshiram. Thus, Zekrom is a good teammate. And Shedninja.
    Last edited by SomeoneIGuess; 6th July 2011 at 12:32 PM.
    Ignore, thanks.

Choice
    Reshiram @ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
    Turboblaze
    Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk) / Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
    4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe

-Blue Flare
    -Dragon Pulse
    -Overheat
    -Draco Meteor

With Turboblaze, Reshiram has perfect coverage with its STABs only. The rest is self explanatory.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 8th July 2011 at 7:08 AM.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Reshiram's ability Turboblaze is kinda lame but cool at the same time. I guess it breaks through wierd abilities like Lightningrod and Motor Drive if you use electric attacks. The only real use for this ability would probably be for Flash Fire. Then again no ubers have Flash Fire as thier ability.

Reshiram wants Big Boom:
    Item: Fire Gem/Dragon Gem/White Herb
    Nature: Mild(+Sp Atk. -Defense)/ Rash(+Sp Atk. -Sp. Defense)
    -Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor/Outrage
    -Blue Flare/Overheat
    -Toxic/Will O Wisp
    -Psychic/Shadow Ball/Hidden Power Water

Outrage is the only physical attack on this set but is crazy powerful. Reshiram's base 120 attack will provide an OK compliment. Draco Meteor drops your stats but with base 150 Sp Attack and STAB and 140 base power, things will get a bit fun with power. Blue Flare is Reshiram's signature move and packs a punch. Not to mention Overheat as a more powerful and more accurate option. If you use either Overheat or Draco Meteor run a White Herb. If you use any other options Fire Gem or Dragon Gem is nice. You can basically Toxic anything as steels will run from a Overheat or Blue Flare. Will O Wisp cripples physical sweepers and gives residual damage. Psychic gets rid of Poisons who come in to take Toxic, Shadow Ball hits Ghosts and is reliable. Hidden Power Water provides coverage to the weaknesses that Reshiram has other than Dragon.
    DESTROY TEH ICE TYPES! Garchomp FTW!!!!!!
    My favorite Pokemon!:

FireRed Team:
    Emerald Team:
    Diamond Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    White Team:
    Fighters 'till the end!

I would like to make something clear:
    STAB Blue Flare in the Sun = 292.5
    super effective solar beam = 240
    Solar Beam is useless as Blue Flare hits groudon with 52.5 more BP, that's a lot.

Also, read my earlier post (page one default) to learn why coverage moves on Reshiram are USELESS

Credit to Nakashima for the amazing user bar and team pose

Quote Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
    Okay, first of all, switching Groudon in on Kyogre is never a good idea, unless you want to taste Ice Beam.

Second, CM Kyogre will have a field day with you if you're planning to use DM.

Third, you do not run Thunder on Zekrom. Zekrom is a physical attacker.
    Thanks, I see some errors in my post. Anyways, Zekrom and Reshiram make a good combo, so to back up Reshiram against Kyogre, you can teach Zekrom Thunder (making a mixed set). I would make a set for it on the spot as a Reshiram partner, but this is Reshiram, not Zekrom.

Kind of Mega-Shiram@Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    Flametrower
    Dragon Pulse
    Shadow Ball
    Substitute

Leftovers heal this guy. Flametrower and Dragon Pulse both give STAB and do decent damage. Shadow Ball takes out Psychic and Ghost types, both are common (especially Alakazam.) And Substitute can prevent taking too much damage to Reshiram.
    Last edited by briguin; 7th July 2011 at 12:24 AM.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/11i1u8j.png[/IMG]

Credit to Mew_ for the banner and pokemon player for the Growlithe Lickies.

Why does reshiram actually need a physical or mixed moveset
    The special movepool is great and for me it is quite nonsense

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/nmcahg.png[/IMG]

Please take a look at this xat
    http://xat.com/AeneasApartment
    We chill, talk, battle and have fun there
    So dont be scared, everyones welcome at the chat

Credits: Gemiix for the cool banner
        Spoiler:- Please take a look at this:

Most Reshiram die when applied to Blissey. A massive Sp. Def tank is just too much to handle.

However, Reshiram does have a respectable Base 120 Attack, and even though I puke every time I see its design (like a giant chicken! EW!), it makes a lovely mixed sweeper.

Reshiram @ Life Orb
    Neutral nature might be best, but I suppose something that raises an offensive stat or Speed and lowers Sp. Def would be alright.
    252 Atk/252 SpA/4 Spd
    ~Blue Flare
    ~Outrage
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Shadow Ball

Reshiram has a great moveset, even though it falls desperately short in some areas; no Ice, no Electric, no physical Fighting. Oh well.

This Reshiram will counter any and all special walls, and the physical ones, too. It's possible to go all physical, but that would just be a total waste.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast