Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Community POTW #27

GUYS! Some of you guys (not all, don't get me wrong) don't realize that Reshiram has a inferiority complex to Dialga and Palkia when it comes to Mixed sets, as Dialga and Palkia have better physical AND special movepools compared to Reshiram. Unless other people can prove me wrong that Mixed Reshiram can perform better than Mixed Dialga or Palkia, I think that Mixed Sweeping is better left to

Quote Originally Posted by Starstruck View Post
    Most Reshiram die when applied to Blissey. A massive Sp. Def tank is just too much to handle.

However, Reshiram does have a respectable Base 120 Attack, and even though I puke every time I see its design (like a giant chicken! EW!), it makes a lovely mixed sweeper.

Reshiram @ Life Orb
    Neutral nature might be best, but I suppose something that raises an offensive stat or Speed and lowers Sp. Def would be alright.
    252 Atk/252 SpA/4 Spd
    ~Blue Flare
    ~Outrage
    ~Stone Edge
    ~Shadow Ball

Reshiram has a great moveset, even though it falls desperately short in some areas; no Ice, no Electric, no physical Fighting. Oh well.

This Reshiram will counter any and all special walls, and the physical ones, too. It's possible to go all physical, but that would just be a total waste.
    Replace Shadow Ball with Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse. I know its foolhardy to replace Shadow Ball for another Dragon-type STAB, but in this case, you can launch a big boom to the opponent with a extremely hard Draco Meteor before fleeing, so another teammate can finish the enemy off.

Moreover, if you plan on using Mixed Reshiram, a Lonely nature with the same EVs can work. Maxing out both offenses, then 4 Speed EVs to outrun 0 Speed base 90s Pokemon.

Expert Belt is also an option. With Expert Belt, you can 'bluff' a Choice set, as Choice sets are very popular with Reshiram and then proceed to wreak havoc. If the opponent had already caught on already, though, then blow stuff up. However, Life Orb is still a good option, as it gives a consistent boost to Reshiram's attacks, but at the cost of 10% of HP per hit. Because of this, Wish support is greatly appreciated, like from Blissey.

Partners... partners... partners. Mixed Reshiram, Choice Scarf Zekrom, and AgilityGross (Metagross with Agility) are a good trio, as Mixed Reshiram can tear holes in the other opponents team, Choice Scarf Zekrom can revenge kill, and AgilityGross can clean up the opposing team. Also, Rayquaza is a good partner, as a Choice Bander with Extremespeed and whatnot. Basically, Reshiram is splashable in any offensive team not packed with Kyogre.
    Pokemon B/W OU Future Team:

Pokemon B/W Uber Future Team:

Pokemon B/W Battle Subway Future Team:

These teams are currently in the process of construction.

Quote Originally Posted by PMSandStormSBBZ View Post
    GUYS! Some of you guys (not all, don't get me wrong) don't realize that Reshiram has a inferiority complex to Dialga and Palkia when it comes to Mixed sets, as Dialga and Palkia have better physical AND special movepools compared to Reshiram. Unless other people can prove me wrong that Mixed Reshiram can perform better than Mixed Dialga or Palkia, I think that Mixed Sweeping is better left to
    Uhm, that's not the point. The point of mixed sets is to break down walls who would have been able to handle Reshiram on pure special sets. Standard Kyogre sets for instance, is 2HKO'd by Outrage, and Chansey/Blissey isn't going to want to switch into that any time soon. After a Flame Charge boost (I've even had two at some points), Reshiram starts denting the hell out of everything with it's STABs. The obvious point of a mixed set is to pave the way for better sweepers to do their job instead, like Garchomp and Arceus.

Replace Shadow Ball with Draco Meteor or Dragon Pulse. I know its foolhardy to replace Shadow Ball for another Dragon-type STAB, but in this case, you can launch a big boom to the opponent with a extremely hard Draco Meteor before fleeing, so another teammate can finish the enemy off.
    Why is it foolhardy? A recent poster already mentioned how silly it is to run coverage moves on Reshiram. In the sun, every other option is outdamaged, period.

Moreover, if you plan on using Mixed Reshiram, a Lonely nature with the same EVs can work. Maxing out both offenses, then 4 Speed EVs to outrun 0 Speed base 90s Pokemon.
    You're not going to be outrunning a thing with a Lonely nature, in fact it would be considerably more wise to a run a speed boosting nature with max and/or specially tailored EVs to either tie with scarfers, or beat out non-scarfed Pokemon after a Flame Charge. Even then, Mild would be the better choice if you want added power, Outrage is fine as it is with 4 Atk EVs and Life Orb. Chansey and Defensive Kyogre is a guaranteed 2HKO (the latter with SR support) with Outrage, you're just wasting EVs/nature that could be used for it's superior SpA stat.

Expert Belt is also an option. With Expert Belt, you can 'bluff' a Choice set, as Choice sets are very popular with Reshiram and then proceed to wreak havoc. If the opponent had already caught on already, though, then blow stuff up. However, Life Orb is still a good option, as it gives a consistent boost to Reshiram's attacks, but at the cost of 10% of HP per hit. Because of this, Wish support is greatly appreciated, like from Blissey.
    Expert belt...for what? Reshiram has rather horrid SE coverage to even make use of such a thing. Use Life Orb instead.
    Last edited by Sonikku za Hejjihoggu; 8th July 2011 at 12:18 AM.

Does Mist negate Draco Meteor's stat drop?

Dual Screens
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    Item: Light Clay
    252 HP, 4 Sp.A, 252 Spe
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Blue Flare
    -Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse

Since Reshiram get perfect coverage through its STABs, it can set up dual screens without sacrificing its offence.

I call the first Trick Room complimenting set! And it annoys too!

Kinda Sorta the most annoying Resshiram you shall ever meet
    Reshiram W/ Leftovers
    Nature: Quiet
    Ability: Turboblaze...obviously
    EV's: 252 Sp. Attack/252 Attack/ 4 in anything except Speed
    -Blue Flare
    -Draco Meteor
    -Outrage
    -Protect

+Note - Outrage is only necessary for taking out Special Walls...
    ...ahem...Blissey...which it does very well

Quote Originally Posted by epicgarchomp24 View Post
    Reshiram's ability Turboblaze is kinda lame but cool at the same time. I guess it breaks through wierd abilities like Lightningrod and Motor Drive if you use electric attacks. The only real use for this ability would probably be for Flash Fire. Then again no ubers have Flash Fire as thier ability.

Reshiram wants Big Boom:
    Item: Fire Gem/Dragon Gem/White Herb
    Nature: Mild(+Sp Atk. -Defense)/ Rash(+Sp Atk. -Sp. Defense)
    -Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor/Outrage
    -Blue Flare/Overheat
    -Toxic/Will O Wisp
    -Psychic/Shadow Ball/Hidden Power Water

Outrage is the only physical attack on this set but is crazy powerful. Reshiram's base 120 attack will provide an OK compliment. Draco Meteor drops your stats but with base 150 Sp Attack and STAB and 140 base power, things will get a bit fun with power. Blue Flare is Reshiram's signature move and packs a punch. Not to mention Overheat as a more powerful and more accurate option. If you use either Overheat or Draco Meteor run a White Herb. If you use any other options Fire Gem or Dragon Gem is nice. You can basically Toxic anything as steels will run from a Overheat or Blue Flare. Will O Wisp cripples physical sweepers and gives residual damage. Psychic gets rid of Poisons who come in to take Toxic, Shadow Ball hits Ghosts and is reliable. Hidden Power Water provides coverage to the weaknesses that Reshiram has other than Dragon.
    HMM, I'm thinking you should add EVs to your post? As for a moveset, uber really isn't my thing. I usually have a POTW, but, sadly, reshiram is out of site...
    You have been blessed with the gratitude of reading the Other Gyarados's post. May you have luck in the future.

The Burning White Dragon

Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
    Blue Flare
    Focus Blast
    Psychic

Nature: Modest/Timid
    Item: Choice Specs

An all out Set. Draco Meteor for a heavy hit but possibly unreliable with choice specs in my opinion as constant use will make it weaker and weaker forcing you to switch out quite abit meanwhile Dragon Pulse maybe alot weaker but looks far more reliable with choice specs. Blue Flare gets STAB, focus Blast hit rock types and Psychic for coverage.

Physical Reshiram??

Its an option but not a good one. It can use Outrage and Stone Edge which are good but not any powerful Physical Fire moves, all it has is Flame Charge for a speed bonus which may help or Fire Fang with its flinch which with his base 90 Speed is possibly unlikely. In fact if you do decide to run with a physical one have both of them.

In double and Triple battles you can teach it Solar Beam instead of Psychic. I didnt put it into the 'The Burning White Dragon' set as it could hinder Reshiram outside of Sunny day possibly doing more harm to him, in which case a good partner would be either Groudon or a DW Ninetails thanks to their wonderful abillity to create permanate sunshine.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon zero View Post
    The Burning White Dragon

Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse
    Blue Flare
    Focus Blast
    Psychic

Nature: Modest/Timid
    Item: Choice Specs
    The only things you're hitting harder with Psychic than with Blue Flare are Poliwrath, Tentacruel, Qwilfish, Blaziken, Infernape, Toxicroak, Emboar, Terrakion, and (once it's released) Keldeo. Out of these, only Toxicroak takes less damage from Draco Meteor than from Psychic, and none take less damage in the sun. Since, with Reshiram's ability, its STAB's give perfect coverage, you might want to just eliminate Psychic and run both Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse instead of only one or the other.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234