Thread: I Am Not A Glitch

Default I Am Not A Glitch

Welcome to my first attempt at a drabble. For those of you unaware of the concept, a drabble is a short story that is, by strictest definition, exactly 100 words. And before anyone says anything, I checked the rules, and yes, drabbles ARE allowed. It's preferred that they are all in one thread, but I don't see myself writing any further drabbles anyway.

So here it is, enjoy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It happened again.

A trainer approached me. Maybe, just maybe, this one would capture me.

No such luck.

There was the usual battle. I lost. Again.

All he cared about is what happened after the battle. I copied his items. I don't try to. I don't want to. It just happens.

Nobody wants to catch me. Nobody wants to train me.

They're all afraid of me.

They don't even call me a Pokémon. They call me a glitch. A mistake. Hurtful things like that.

I am not a glitch. I am not a mistake.

I am alive.

I am Missingno.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 7th September 2011 at 10:14 PM.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Short, sweet and to the point. That restriction sounds pretty hard, but you still managed to make a small, yet meaningful, story out of it.

There's not much to review here, but I liked how you chose to use Missingno's perspective on its existance.
    Tamer's Archives
    A Pokemon fic. Chapter 4 is up [1/25/11]

Heroic Potential
    A Yugioh! fic. Chapter 20 is up [12/14/13]
    ~Back from the dead!~
    No knowledge of the game is required to enjoy this fic!

I am a Pokémon.
    Make this 'I am alive' to remove the repetition of 'Pokemon', and slip in an additional word somewhere, and I think this could pack a harder punch to the gut.

Herm. Don't get me wrong, I love little 100 word drabbles. I wish there was more subtlety slipped into the 100 words though. </3

demise: the last remnants of the fallen

chapter two complete: defective.

meddling with time: where time lines collide
    a new fanfiction of twisted time and mistaken love chapter one complete: steps forward

author's profile -review exchange profile - deviant [/COLOR]

Wow. that was good, short and strait to the point (although that's what it's suposed to be) it makes you feel kinda sad for Missingno.
    FC for Friend Safari: 0361-7472-0721 Fighting Type with Machoke , Pancham, and Hariyama . PM to exchange FC's.

SHINIES: Lilpup, Chatot, and Froakie WILL TRADE FOR ANOTHER SHINY

Chapter 8 out now!

Pretty good. I like it. 100 words, Missigno and its point of view. Cool.
    I'm chilean. I'm dislexic. But I can write in English. 73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this in your signature.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

I've claimed Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories! One of the best GBA games. Got it memorized?

I've claimed Duosion. Fear the cell.

That was a really sweet story for Missingno. The length of it actually seemed perfect. Good job. ^^

[IMG]http://i55.*******.com/24ni8gz.png[/IMG]
    Dracaena - Giovanni Rank

0647 - 8370 - 0522

OSL GYM LEADER # 8 - FLYING

Awwwwww, man! I had a really cool idea for an entire depressing story about Missingno. and how he wasn't "real" though this actually handled it better than my draft version. Short but sweet. The length was great, so I guess I can't judge it much. I just...really loved it.
    Someone should trade me a Banette/Shuppet for Pokemon X. Please.

I'll always think of this whever I encounter one in he games.

Yay! More Drabble! Anyway, I really liked the idea for the story, and the story itself was executed well. It really makes you feel bad for that Missingno. It also evoked some bad memories of me playing Pokemon Red when I DID try to catch a Missingno. *shudders* Once again, great job!
    Hi, I'm part of the staff on Pokemon Showdown!, if you have any questions or need any help, VM or PM me.

I get your point, and you illustrated that point well, but I feel like you could have been more efficient with your words. What makes the drabble so hard, besides the word limit, is knowing how to use all those words to create something meaningful. Some of it just felt like filler, like "I'm going to insert a 'well' here because I'm a few words short."

Well, I am not a glitch. I am not a mistake.
    I felt it would have been stronger without the "well" (I personally interpreted it as hesitation).

I copied his stupid items.
    I don't know if this is just me, but the "stupid" is off-putting; it makes the melancholy tone drift into somewhat childish territory.

It's not bad, of course, but you could have been more efficient. With drabbles, the slightest of words can change the tone unintentionally, so you want to be aware of that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    I felt it would have been stronger without the "well" (I personally interpreted it as hesitation).
    I don't know if this is just me, but the "stupid" is off-putting; it makes the melancholy tone drift into somewhat childish territory.
    Both of these are good points. I changed it up, and I think you're right. The "stupid" was a little... stupid, and it read better to me without the "well".

It's not bad, of course, but you could have been more efficient. With drabbles, the slightest of words can change the tone unintentionally, so you want to be aware of that as well.
    Thanks.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info