View Poll Results: Should we use shop points for Artwork requests in the clan?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 76.92%
  • No

6 23.08%
Page 1324 of 1415 FirstFirst ... 32412241274131413201321132213231324132513261327132813341374 ... LastLast
Results 33,076 to 33,100 of 35370

Thread: Team Enchanted Garden

Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    Yeah I don't want gengarite to be banned. Mega Kang, on the other hand, needs banning

It's not that bad arch, mega kang is worse.
    I'd argue that Mega Genger is worse.

At least you can swap a counter/check into Kangaskhan. Literally nothing can swap in on Mega Gengar, thanks to that nasty ability it has.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

Since DK doesn't want a full flawless Kanga...

Who wants an Adamant 31/31/31/31/31/31 Scrappy Kangaskhan?
    As of right now, I would like a Quiet 31/31/31/31/31/x No Guard Honedge. Just PM/VM me what you have if I have other things I'm intrested in (:
    No.

A Voltturn team with MegaGar sounds fun. The only issue as a trapper is that it has to Megavolve first before it can trap anything. Kanga is pure deadliness. It at least has the bulk to switch in to about about anything at least once.

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    Yeah I don't want gengarite to be banned. Mega Kang, on the other hand, needs banning

It's not that bad arch, mega kang is worse.
    Whilst Mega kang can be worse,it doesn't make Mega Gengar much better.
    I remember back in gen 5 where people would plot to switch in against something which didn't affect Chandelure's fire/ghost typing,then,having freedom to spam Calm mind,substitute / flame charge,then proceed to sweep a team with two moves.
    Mega Gengar on the other hand...
    130 base speed - basically,it moves before anything else.
    170 base sp.atk - look at that.170.When you have that kind of power,who needs SE moves?

At least Chandelure had a slight speed issue.
    This would be nigh un-counterable in the first place,but shadow tag really rubs salt in the wound,meaning that regardless of fact that you have a (counter-if that's even the word) or not, it will kill the opponent without them having any control over the matter.

And correct me if I'm wrong,but does that not remove the element of skill in what is essentially a strategy game?

Quote Originally Posted by Hakallowin View Post
    A Voltturn team with MegaGar sounds fun. The only issue as a trapper is that it has to Megavolve first before it can trap anything. Kanga is pure deadliness. It at least has the bulk to switch in to about about anything at least once.
    If this generation is anything like the last, Gengar will have no problem forcing swap outs. If it weren't for that, it wouldn't of been running Substitute on practically every set it had last gen.

Though, I suppose I am a bit biased when comparing the two. Both my gen 6 teams carry Sableye, so I've never experienced any problem with Kanga at all.
    130 base speed - basically,it moves before anything else.
    Even if it runs a modest nature, it still moves before everything.
    And correct me if I'm wrong,but does that not remove the element of skill in what is essentially a strategy game?
    I'll put more emphasis on this.

Competitive pokemon is all about checking and countering. Likewise, the ability to swap out is very, very important. It's the reason VoltTurn is such an amazing strategy, and Smogon even recommended baton pass on a Celebi set that didn't even have any stat boosting moves. At least with threats like Choice Band Terrakion in gen 5 you can predict it's move and swap in, but with Gengar, this is impossible.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 30th November 2013 at 12:49 AM.
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

#Mega-KangaskanAndMega-Gengar4Ban2013

Let's start a trend, guys!

Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...

Smogon is already discussing a possible ban of Gengarite, and it is very likely to happen, and should happen, without question, imo.

Gengar has unreal SpA and is able to take out a LOT of things.

Spoiler:- Everything in OU not OHKO'd by Mega Gengar after SR:

Everything not 2HKO'd
    252 SpA Mega Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 248-292 (34.7 - 40.8%)
    252 SpA Mega Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 132-156 (30.9 - 36.6%)
    252 SpA Mega Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 142-168 (33.8 - 40%)
    252 SpA Mega Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 136-162 (37.3 - 44.5%)
    252 SpA Mega Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 90-106 (23.4 - 27.6%)

I don't want MKanga to be banned soon :c
    I still have never used it
    If it does, I guess I'll stick with Mega Mawile
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by The DragonKnight View Post
    Smogon is already discussing a possible ban of Gengarite, and it is very likely to happen, and should happen, without question, imo.

Gengar has unreal SpA and is able to take out a LOT of things.

Spoiler:- Everything in OU not OHKO'd by Mega Gengar after SR:

Everything not 2HKO'd
    252 SpA Mega Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 248-292 (34.7 - 40.8%)
    252 SpA Mega Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 132-156 (30.9 - 36.6%)
    252 SpA Mega Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 142-168 (33.8 - 40%)
    252 SpA Mega Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 136-162 (37.3 - 44.5%)
    252 SpA Mega Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 90-106 (23.4 - 27.6%)
    Best part is, LO Gengar hits harder and has EQ immunity. The only thing that makes it not broken is its lack of anything resembling bulk and the lack of Shadow Tag.

You also have to keep in mind that it cannot "2HKO on the switch" either. Most/Some of what you posted OHKO's with a move commonly carried by it. Everything bar Teanta (unless it starts carrying Knock Off even though it can't knock off Gengarite) can easily KO it back. The fact that it cannot 2HKO on the switch hurts it a little, but I would agree it is broken I just enjoy using it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by DrasticPhase View Post
    I don't want MKanga to be banned soon :c
    I still have never used it
    If it does, I guess I'll stick with Mega Mawile
    MKanga is fun to use, but it's definitely broken. Any idiot can sweep when you get to hit twice each turn
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

hi guys i have been ev training alot lately i have an amazing power house....... you will find out if you battle me fc in sig and i really want a shiny HA bunnelby/diggersby adamant or jolly nature i have a couple of good pokemon ill trade for it thanks pm me if you add me

Spoiler:- Credit/Symbol/Badge:

I kill Kangaskans and Mega Gengars easily, but only because I'm dueling the bottom of the barrel 24/7. As I get higher in the ranks, I find it harder to stop these two. I'm also seeing a big decrease in the use of Talonflame.. Why? It's very effective! If people stop using it, I'll use it.

Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    Oh, the shame...

Its probably because Mega Blaziken is banned that Talonflame has a little let use now, besides in the beginning I did always pack an Check for it
    and I am sure alot of others did aswell, so there goes his popularity. Don't get me wrong though, it still has its beauty I guess.

Looking for active friend codes of people that love to do Multi battles.
    No skill level required but dont use Ubers. Give me a PM/VM with your friend code so we can become friends and enjoy some great Multi battles !
    my fc = 0705 4374 1566

And I don't think Talonflame is as godly as people make it out to be. It's great and all, but I don't think it justifies it's use on practically every team. It carries several weakness, mediocre stats outside of speed, and relies on recoil moves as it's primary STAB - not good for a x4 stealth rock weak pokemon.

To me, at least, it seems this bird needs a lot of support to work out, which is easier now that we have the defog buff I suppose, but I still think it's being overhyped just a tad bit.

Edit: Made a VolTurn team the other day. I started testing it, and next thing I know, it's turned into a stall team with not a single VoltTurner on it. Oh, how the testing phase can change a team.

Though I don't think I've had a change like that since the team that transitioned me from a noob to an experienced player.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 30th November 2013 at 6:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    And I don't think Talonflame is as godly as people make it out to be. It's great and all, but I don't think it justifies it's use on practically every team. It carries several weakness, mediocre stats outside of speed, and relies on recoil moves as it's primary STAB - not good for a x4 stealth rock weak pokemon.

To me, at least, it seems this bird needs a lot of support to work out, which is easier now that we have the defog buff I suppose, but I still think it's being overhyped just a tad bit.

Edit: Made a VolTurn team the other day. I started testing it, and next thing I know, it's turned into a stall team with not a single VoltTurner on it. Oh, how the testing phase can change a team.

Though I don't think I've had a change like that since the team that transitioned me from a noob to an experienced player.
    Stealth Rocks are not a problem when you have a rapid spinner/defoger. The dang thing is a priority Flying Gem Acrobatics on an Adamant natured flying death machine. Don't tell me that's NOT a big perk. Just keep it away from Extremespeeding Mega Lucarios.

This makes Golurk/Gliscor/Gyrados a good team partner, as Bullet Punch/Iron Head do little, and CC/Extreme Speed do nothing to Golurk, and little to Gliscor and Gyrados. Just work out the little niche with Stealth Rocks, and you have a deadly finisher.
    Last edited by Remorph; 30th November 2013 at 6:58 PM.

Oh, the shame...

I want to make a team with Excadrill+Talonflame. Excadrill lures in Rotom and KOs it with Mold Breaker EQ and spins Rocks. It also threatens Tyranitar, Talonflames two hard counters. I still lack motivation to do anything with this core as of yet, but it will happen eventually...

Quote Originally Posted by Hakallowin View Post
    I want to make a team with Excadrill+Talonflame. Excadrill lures in Rotom and KOs it with Mold Breaker EQ and spins Rocks. It also threatens Tyranitar, Talonflames two hard counters. I still lack motivation to do anything with this core as of yet, but it will happen eventually...
    Talondrill is the most common core in XY OU. If you haven't went up against it yet, you haven't been playing enough.

I'd suggest this set for Excadrill, outpaces 220 Speed Rotom-W (the fastest you'll see on a non-scarf set), max Attack, and rest in HP.

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Iron Head
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin

Talondrill is the most common core in XY OU. If you haven't went up against it yet, you haven't been playing enough.

I'd suggest this set for Excadrill, outpaces 220 Speed Rotom-W (the fastest you'll see on a non-scarf set), max Attack, and rest in HP.

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Iron Head
    - Stealth Rock
    - Rapid Spin
    I honestly haven't been playing much at all. I don't want to use something that overused then lol

Does anyone have a compiled list of the most used pokemon as of now? I want to learn it, and plan for it.

Oh, the shame...

Quote Originally Posted by Remorph View Post
    Does anyone have a compiled list of the most used pokemon as of now? I want to learn it, and plan for it.
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...-2013.3491683/

Smogon forums will have monthly updates of the most used Pokemon.

So xat decided to die. Not our xat, ALL the xats.
    Last edited by The DragonKnight; 1st December 2013 at 12:18 AM.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...-2013.3491683/

Smogon forums will have monthly updates of the most used Pokemon.

So xat decided to die. Not our xat, ALL the xats.
    Oh, nice. I'm not the only one.

Did Xat just decide to up and die?

Oh, the shame...

All the xats have died, so don't worry. It's still acting weird and is using the old background, but it's back up for me and a few others.
    Last edited by The DragonKnight; 1st December 2013 at 12:55 AM.

Blast to the past at the xat guise. Did I mention I enjoyed Wonder Trade? So many foreign things :3

Quote Originally Posted by Remorph View Post
    Stealth Rocks are not a problem when you have a rapid spinner/defoger. The dang thing is a priority Flying Gem Acrobatics on an Adamant natured flying death machine. Don't tell me that's NOT a big perk. Just keep it away from Extremespeeding Mega Lucarios.
    Don't get me wrong; I was by no means saying it's bad, and I still predict OU, but it feels like it's even more popular then Politoed was in gen 5.

Stealth Rocks are not that big of a problem, but they are still a problem. You have to find a spot for a spinner on your team(even though this has gotten a little easier with the defog buff). After that, you have to keep said spinner/fogger from going down, else your opponent still can set up stealth rocks.

I haven't actually tried this thing myself though, so I might actually be wrong. It's just...I haven't really had any problems with this thing at all. It's a great check to offensive teams, no doubt, but not something that is absolutely needed; there are plenty of viable choice scarf users and set up sweepers running around to compete with it.

Edit: So, this random passerby just offered a trade with me. I decided to accept, and next thing I know, I'm being pounded with pokemon with their ideal natures/abilities. He also accepted everything I offered in return.

I kept trading with him until I ran out of competitively bred pokemon of my own, because I felt guilty offering anything else to him. But now at least, I've got a really good head start. I'm going to go check out their IVs.
    Edit2: All 4V, though most would prefer to be 5V, such as their imperfect speed Fletchling. They're obviously leftovers from breeding, but they still have almost ideal IVs, ideal natures, and egg moves, so they're all great starting points. Plus an egg. Still waiting to see what that hatches into.
    Edit3: The egg hatched into DragonPulse/AuraSphere Squirtle. Fitting, since I gave him a DD/Outrage Charmander for that. x/x/31/31/31/31. And lucky, lucky me, it's a female.

I'm in a really good mood about all this.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 1st December 2013 at 5:09 AM.

Page 1324 of 1415 FirstFirst ... 32412241274131413201321132213231324132513261327132813341374 ... LastLast