View Poll Results: Should we use shop points for Artwork requests in the clan?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 76.92%
  • No

6 23.08%
Page 1325 of 1415 FirstFirst ... 32512251275131513211322132313241325132613271328132913351375 ... LastLast
Results 33,101 to 33,125 of 35370

Thread: Team Enchanted Garden

I'm not dead I have been busy lately and forgot to post hear
    My FEA Family:

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Don't get me wrong; I was by no means saying it's bad, and I still predict OU, but it feels like it's even more popular then Politoed was in gen 5.

Stealth Rocks are not that big of a problem, but they are still a problem. You have to find a spot for a spinner on your team(even though this has gotten a little easier with the defog buff). After that, you have to keep said spinner/fogger from going down, else your opponent still can set up stealth rocks.

I haven't actually tried this thing myself though, so I might actually be wrong. It's just...I haven't really had any problems with this thing at all. It's a great check to offensive teams, no doubt, but not something that is absolutely needed; there are plenty of viable choice scarf users and set up sweepers running around to compete with it.

Edit: So, this random passerby just offered a trade with me. I decided to accept, and next thing I know, I'm being pounded with pokemon with their ideal natures/abilities. He also accepted everything I offered in return.

I kept trading with him until I ran out of competitively bred pokemon of my own, because I felt guilty offering anything else to him. But now at least, I've got a really good head start. I'm going to go check out their IVs.
    Edit2: All 4V, though most would prefer to be 5V, such as their imperfect speed Fletchling. They're obviously leftovers from breeding, but they still have almost ideal IVs, ideal natures, and egg moves, so they're all great starting points. Plus an egg. Still waiting to see what that hatches into.
    Edit3: The egg hatched into DragonPulse/AuraSphere Squirtle. Fitting, since I gave him a DD/Outrage Charmander for that. x/x/31/31/31/31. And lucky, lucky me, it's a female.

I'm in a really good mood about all this.
    When using talonflame, finding place for a spinner is easy, as the most common core is TalonDrill.

I personally think Talonflame deserves the attention. It renders alot of pokemon like breloom utterly useless and checks a ton, so can be a great offensive player. And it gets uturn.

Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:

So are the tourney match-ups still being posted today?

Out of all the pokemon to get mega evolutions i think golem and sableye should get one sableye has so much potential in him just needs more atk and spd and maybe some more def and i think hell be good and golem desperately needs one

Spoiler:- Credit/Symbol/Badge:

Oh god... Found a new shiny after a long while, its a Gastrodon!

Anyways, what stats should I boost on my storm drain gastro? I know HP is one of them...

Oh, this is SD for those who don't know
    Last edited by Dew Watatsumi; 1st December 2013 at 1:09 PM.
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    So are the tourney match-ups still being posted today?
    The tournament is being delayed a week or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dew Watatsumi View Post

Anyways, what stats should I boost on my storm drain gastro? I know HP is one of them...

Sdef.

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

Quote Originally Posted by Hakallowin View Post
    The tournament is being delayed a week or so.
    Looks like it's back to wait-for-the-last-day-to-train-your-Pokes attitude.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Hello roy! Haven't spoken with yah in a while.

Love it how Yellow doesn't even congratulate Dew, just says "sdef"

Grats Dew!

I'm going to go over a list of potential good pokemon today. There's always that pokemon that gets attention later as the next big thing. Last time, it was Amoongus. I'm looking it over.

Skuntank looks interesting. And no one is using Arcanine anymore over Talonflame. They might suck. They might not. Like I said, I'm just giving all these pokemon a quick look over. Doesn't hurt. Any other suggestions?

Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...

Why is everyone forgetting about Aurorus? It's such an lovely mon, great design aswell.
    Rock / Ice has alot and maybe more bad than good points, but the good points are very appreciated and rare.
    The nature power Tri attack (ICE) is an plus point, and acces to T-wave for predicting switches, among with Freeze Dry and Ancient power for stab cover.
    Believe me, Choice specs Aurorus hits extremely hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Azulart View Post
    Why is everyone forgetting about Aurorus? It's such an lovely mon, great design aswell.
    Rock / Ice has alot and maybe more bad than good points, but the good points are very appreciated and rare.
    The nature power Tri attack (ICE) is an plus point, and acces to T-wave for predicting switches, among with Freeze Dry and Ancient power for stab cover.
    But it's still awful. Lucario and Scizor are common, and easily wreak this thing with BP. Conkeldurt wreaks it as well.

I personally like sky attack power herb Hawlucha. It then gets a speed boost (Unburden). SD+SkyA+Acro is a cool combo.

With good support Aurorus can totally make an diffrence in the outcome of the battle.
    Some mons just need good support to make them shine, and aurorus needs alot of support considering the typing but well, with enough effort he can do wonders.
    Kind of my style too, making underrated mons fit in with the big guys xD. But ofcourse there are better mons out there, he'll probably end up in the RU or NU tier, but he has ninches in the OU tier. But he is far from awfull, its an unqiue mon that needs guts to consider it for your team.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampurtz View Post
    I'm not dead I have been busy lately and forgot to post hear
    You don't need to make a post everyday ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Dew Watatsumi View Post

Congrats on the shiny.

What nature is it? Otherwise I can't tell you what to EV.

The thing is it doesn't have a spectacular movepool, and even if it uses its Hidden Ability, Snow Warning, you only get benefit from it for five turns, killing all viability of hail.

Specs + Refrigerate + Tri Attack is pretty cool, but it doesn't have the power to do a lot of damage to top threats atm.

Maybe it'll be viable in lower tiers, but not OU or UU. I love its design though, I like it more than Tyrunt/Tyrantrum.

Quote Originally Posted by The DragonKnight View Post
    The thing is it doesn't have a spectacular movepool, and even if it uses its Hidden Ability, Snow Warning, you only get benefit from it for five turns, killing all viability of hail.

Specs + Refrigerate + Tri Attack is pretty cool, but it doesn't have the power to do a lot of damage to top threats atm.

Maybe it'll be viable in lower tiers, but not OU or UU. I love its design though, I like it more than Tyrunt/Tyrantrum.
    Thing is,it doesn't really need one.STAB Ice / Rock is fantastic, especially when you chuck Freeze Dry and base 100 sp.atk into the mix.Most water types won't like it at all.

With good support Aurorus can totally make an diffrence in the outcome of the battle.
    Some mons just need good support to make them shine, and aurorus needs alot of support considering the typing but well, with enough effort he can do wonders.
    Kind of my style too, making underrated mons fit in with the big guys xD. But ofcourse there are better mons out there, he'll probably end up in the RU or NU tier, but he has ninches in the OU tier. But he is far from awfull, its an unqiue mon that needs guts to consider it for your team.
    Exactly.

Sure, it has two big weaknesses,but god is it a good poke.I haven't got weakness policy / assault vest yet I'm sure they just make him better.
    Talonflame can't one-shot it with a life orb without a boost with steel wing, Garchomp struggles even with iron head(cannot OHKO without a boost)...so they die.
    So there you are, 123 HP and 70 /90 in each defence stat is impressive,regardless of typing.Besides, not everything carries fighting and steel moves.
    Someone's bound to try and contradict me, but which grass,water ,or electric types carry them who don't get STAB off them in the first place?
    It probably rocks(heh) in sandstorm with rock polish and weakness policy.

Well worth it after obvious threats have left the field.
    Last edited by Archstaraptor; 1st December 2013 at 7:00 PM.

It's been much too long since I've swung by. How's everyone been?
    Check out my newly-opened Trade Shop!!!
    ------------
    I have claimed Volcarona!
    ----------------
    FC: 3411 0844 2159

Quote Originally Posted by Archstaraptor View Post
    Sure, it has two big weaknesses,but god is it a good poke.I haven't got weakness policy / assault vest yet I'm sure they just make him better.
    It doesn't have good enough defensive typing for something like Assault Vest, and Weakness Policy is for the most part a gimmick item. Intentionally letting your pokemon get hit by a super effective move is suicide, regardless of your bulk.
    Talonflame can't one-shot it with a life orb without a boost with steel wing, Garchomp struggles even with iron head(cannot OHKO without a boost)...so they die.
    So there you are, 123 HP and 70 /90 in each defence stat is impressive,regardless of typing.Besides, not everything carries fighting and steel moves.
    Even if it's not a x4 weakness, a weakness is still a weakness. It's weak to steel, water, grass, fighting, ground, and rock. That's quite the list, especially considering how common most of those attacks are. And being 2HKOed by a pokemon is not to justify using it to wall said pokemon.

On the defensive side? It resist normal, ice, poison and flying. Of course, all resistances can come in handy, but nothing ever carries normal attacks, and poison attacks are only every
    Someone's bound to try and contradict me, but which grass,water ,or electric types carry them who don't get STAB off them in the first place?
    Carry what?
    It probably rocks(heh) in sandstorm with rock polish and weakness policy.
    Weakness Policy is extremely dangerous, as I said before. Intentionally activating it is suicide. Even if it withstands the hit, all it takes is a single pokemon who can withstand one of its attacks, or one carrying a priority move to end its sweep.
    Well worth it after obvious threats have left the field.
    Is removing the vast amounts of obvious threats worth it when there are so many other set up sweepers that can be used in it's place?

To me, it seems, its only niche is Snow Warning, and not only does it have to face competition with Abomasnow(who can subseed and has a secondary STAB with a base power higher then 60), but has also been nerfed.

I don't know about UU or RU, but that thing is not designed for OU at all. If you really want to use it, I recommend giving inverse battles a try.

Typing means almost everything for a defensive pokemon, and still means a lot for an offensive one. Why else were ice and normal types so scarce in OU in gen 5, and why else is Kyurem not Uber?
    Last edited by Zachmac; 2nd December 2013 at 3:37 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Magnemite used Sonic Boom! Magnemite glitched through the wall! It's super effective! Lyric fainted!

Wow cool i just bred a impish 3 iv contrary inkay its ivs are def sp def and spd

You're defending the equivalent to the Hindenburg. Good luck with your idea.

This pokemon is a walking homicide. If it so much as STEPS into OU, it dies. It can't hit hard enough with a mediocre 99 Special Attack and an atrocious 77 Attack, and it can't defend to save it's life, because even WITH 123 HP, it STILL has a pedestrian Special Defense at 92, and a trash can worth Defense at 77. The thing is slower than a dump truck with a speed of 58, which isn't very Scarfable, and why would you Scarf it anyways with those bad attacking stats anyways? Rubbish!

I think glass has more durability than this pokemon. Heck, I think Miley Cyrus's reputation has more chance of surviving than this pokemon in the real world. It's x4 weak to Fighting and Steel, which are used all the time. Bullet Punch and Mach Punch love this pokemon. Other huge problems are x2 Water, Rock, Grass, and Ground weaknesses. With weaknesses like these, it had better resist a whole lot. And it doesn't.

As for it's special abilities, there isn't much to say about them. Snow Warning is a joke on this pokemon, which can survive out in the wild about as well as Abomasnow, to which I ask what use IS Snow Warning anyways, when there are much better weather options available today, especially with the 5 turn weather which Nintendo and Game Freak wisely nerfed. While Refrigerate is a good ability, it is ultimately wasted on this absolute waste basket of a pokemon, with only 99 as an attacking stat.

Overall, while it looks cool, and it may easily do good in RU or NU, it has absolutely no competitive use in OU whatsoever, and the idea should be completely be discarded from your mind. You'll be needing quite the support with this guy.

In conclusion, yes. He really is that awful. He really has no niche outside of Snow Warning, and that's even eh. I love making underrated pokemon win games, but the pokemon you chose is akin to choosing a special attacking Farfech'd...

In related news...

Prepare to drop all your Mega-Gengars, guys. It looks like the council of Smogon is very for banning Gengarite, though there is no decision yet.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads.../#post-4996738

In YET more related news...

Check out my video here... No commentary for now, but that will eventually change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTND3HZXSw4

I am now actively uploading pokemon battles.
    Last edited by Remorph; 2nd December 2013 at 9:05 AM.

Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    Oh, the shame...

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    It doesn't have good enough defensive typing for something like Assault Vest, and Weakness Policy is for the most part a gimmick item. Intentionally letting your pokemon get hit by a super effective move is suicide, regardless of your bulk.
    Even if it's not a x4 weakness, a weakness is still a weakness. It's weak to steel, water, grass, fighting, ground, and rock. That's quite the list, especially considering how common most of those attacks are. And being 2HKOed by a pokemon is not to justify using it to wall said pokemon.

On the defensive side? It resist normal, ice, poison and flying. Of course, all resistances can come in handy, but nothing ever carries normal attacks, and poison attacks are only every Carry what?
    Weakness Policy is extremely dangerous, as I said before. Intentionally activating it is suicide. Even if it withstands the hit, all it takes is a single pokemon who can withstand one of its attacks, or one carrying a priority move to end its sweep.

Is removing the vast amounts of obvious threats worth it when there are so many other set up sweepers that can be used in it's place?

To me, it seems, its only niche is Snow Warning, and not only does it have to face competition with Abomasnow(who can subseed and has a secondary STAB with a base power higher then 60), but has also been nerfed.

I don't know about UU or RU, but that thing is not designed for OU at all. If you really want to use it, I recommend giving inverse battles a try.

Typing means almost everything for a defensive pokemon, and still means a lot for an offensive one. Why else were ice and normal types so scarce in OU in gen 5, and why else is Kyurem not Uber?
    Weakness policy can actually be safe on Dragonite as it gets multiscale, and then is allowed to use DD predicting a SE move. Then bam, Weakness Policy activate+ DD and you sweep

I agree with you though, this pokemon is awful. Remorph your post sums up how bad I think it is. Ice/Rock? Is this a joke? It's so bad it's funny.

Aurorus served me many victories even in OU matches. If you found this mon awfull i think you are just an very straightforward kind of pokemon battler or just hardly tried battling in the lower tiers. In the lower tiers forming a team with mons that are among the highest BST or most used of that tier won't do you anywell, in OU yeah ofcourse it works sadly not all the time but in general it does. I'm going to use Aurorus in the TEG tourney, he's an prime member of my team but I'll prove the point of his potential aswell.
    Last edited by Azulart; 2nd December 2013 at 9:53 AM.

If this tourney is on PS, count me in.

Oh, the shame...

Quote Originally Posted by Remorph View Post
    If this tourney is on PS, count me in.
    Our upcoming tourney is Wifi only. Our last tourney was PS only.
    No.

can we still sign up for the tourney or has it closed the wifi one

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonMegaBeast View Post
    can we still sign up for the tourney or has it closed the wifi one
    If I remember correctly, it has been closed.

If any more further questions about tourneys, talk with Garnet Til Alexandros XVII
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Remorph View Post
    You're defending the equivalent to the Hindenburg. Good luck with your idea.

This pokemon is a walking homicide. If it so much as STEPS into OU, it dies. It can't hit hard enough with a mediocre 99 Special Attack and an atrocious 77 Attack, and it can't defend to save it's life, because even WITH 123 HP, it STILL has a pedestrian Special Defense at 92, and a trash can worth Defense at 77. The thing is slower than a dump truck with a speed of 58, which isn't very Scarfable, and why would you Scarf it anyways with those bad attacking stats anyways? Rubbish!

I think glass has more durability than this pokemon. Heck, I think Miley Cyrus's reputation has more chance of surviving than this pokemon in the real world. It's x4 weak to Fighting and Steel, which are used all the time. Bullet Punch and Mach Punch love this pokemon. Other huge problems are x2 Water, Rock, Grass, and Ground weaknesses. With weaknesses like these, it had better resist a whole lot. And it doesn't.

As for it's special abilities, there isn't much to say about them. Snow Warning is a joke on this pokemon, which can survive out in the wild about as well as Abomasnow, to which I ask what use IS Snow Warning anyways, when there are much better weather options available today, especially with the 5 turn weather which Nintendo and Game Freak wisely nerfed. While Refrigerate is a good ability, it is ultimately wasted on this absolute waste basket of a pokemon, with only 99 as an attacking stat.

Overall, while it looks cool, and it may easily do good in RU or NU, it has absolutely no competitive use in OU whatsoever, and the idea should be completely be discarded from your mind. You'll be needing quite the support with this guy.

In conclusion, yes. He really is that awful. He really has no niche outside of Snow Warning, and that's even eh. I love making underrated pokemon win games, but the pokemon you chose is akin to choosing a special attacking Farfech'd...

In related news...

Prepare to drop all your Mega-Gengars, guys. It looks like the council of Smogon is very for banning Gengarite, though there is no decision yet.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads.../#post-4996738

In YET more related news...

Check out my video here... No commentary for now, but that will eventually change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTND3HZXSw4

I am now actively uploading pokemon battles.
    That was very fun to read.

Aurorus served me many victories even in OU matches. If you found this mon awfull i think you are just an very straightforward kind of pokemon battler or just hardly tried battling in the lower tiers. In the lower tiers forming a team with mons that are among the highest BST or most used of that tier won't do you anywell, in OU yeah ofcourse it works sadly not all the time but in general it does. I'm going to use Aurorus in the TEG tourney, he's an prime member of my team but I'll prove the point of his potential aswell.
    The risk of running anything that has a niche is what happens when the niche is gone or irrelevant in a battle. Aurorus is doomed to a sad fate sadly.
    As an offensive pokemon, 99 SAtk can hurt, but it needs LO or Choice Specs to really hit hard enough. LO is just stupid on this bulky of a pokemon without recovery and Choice Specs just hurts its coverage.
    As a defensive pokemon, its lack of recovery and resistances and multitudes of weaknesses hurt its defensive abilities. Sure 123/92 Special bulk is pretty good, its weakness, especially x4 weakness, are mainly physical. With the addition of Fairies, Steel is becoming more common as an offensive type and Aurorus will be hard pressed to actually tank hits.

It just isn't a good pokemon to use in OU. Can it be used well? Duh. Will ti have success stories? Duh. Anything can have success stories, especially to the user. If it works for you, use it. If it doesn't, don't.

"It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

Page 1325 of 1415 FirstFirst ... 32512251275131513211322132313241325132613271328132913351375 ... LastLast