View Poll Results: Should we use shop points for Artwork requests in the clan?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    20 76.92%
  • No

    6 23.08%
Page 1326 of 1415 FirstFirst ... 32612261276131613221323132413251326132713281329133013361376 ... LastLast
Results 33,126 to 33,150 of 35370

Thread: Team Enchanted Garden

  1. #33126
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I think steel attacks will eventually kind of die down. As of now fairy is used a lot because it's new and it defeats obe of the most OP types i gen 5, but I think we will eventually see a reduction in use of fairies and OU will probably limit itself to having Mega Gardevoir, Mega Mawile, Azumarill, Florges and maybe Klefki or Carbink, though I doubt Carbink will be higher than RU and I have a feeling Klefki is goin to be UU. If you take a look at those pokemon, Azumarill, Mawile and Klefki aren't weak to steel. Carbink is x4 weak, but he will probabaly only have a small niche in OU so we won't be seeing much of it. Sure, steel attacks will be more common than in gen 5, but in gen 5 we pretty much only saw iron head on Jirachi and flash cannon on Magnezone. I think Aurorus will find more use once the metagame will balance itself out.

    Also, we can't forget that fighting has gained a new weakness which will make it much less useful. I actually think that ghost type usage will be the type that gets the biggest jump, as it now has perfect neutral coverage with the exception of dark and normal which can be remefied with focus blast or brick break.

    In conclusion, I wouldn't write off Aurorus right away, as it can find its use, as like Haka was saying, most of Aurorus' weaknesses are more physical based, so with smart switching you can gain momentum by switching a pokemon like, say, Chandelure on a fighting or Steel move or Salamence on a ground move. Even if the "skilled" smogon battlers don't use it, I can see it be used properly, as I think the battlers with the most skill are the ones who can make mediocre pokemon shine, not the ones that copy and paste pokemon and movepools off of the smogon website.

    On another note, what do you guys think will happen to Jirachi now that it's weak to dark and ghost?
    3DS FC:4699-6441-3008

    Credit to fairywitch (I think?) for the userbar
    Pokegyms badges: exo badge, deep dark badge, grass badge (no name written)

  2. #33127
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucarioman5 View Post
    I think steel attacks will eventually kind of die down. As of now fairy is used a lot because it's new and it defeats obe of the most OP types i gen 5, but I think we will eventually see a reduction in use of fairies and OU will probably limit itself to having Mega Gardevoir, Mega Mawile, Azumarill, Florges and maybe Klefki or Carbink, though I doubt Carbink will be higher than RU and I have a feeling Klefki is goin to be UU. If you take a look at those pokemon, Azumarill, Mawile and Klefki aren't weak to steel. Carbink is x4 weak, but he will probabaly only have a small niche in OU so we won't be seeing much of it. Sure, steel attacks will be more common than in gen 5, but in gen 5 we pretty much only saw iron head on Jirachi and flash cannon on Magnezone. I think Aurorus will find more use once the metagame will balance itself out.

    Also, we can't forget that fighting has gained a new weakness which will make it much less useful. I actually think that ghost type usage will be the type that gets the biggest jump, as it now has perfect neutral coverage with the exception of dark and normal which can be remefied with focus blast or brick break.

    In conclusion, I wouldn't write off Aurorus right away, as it can find its use, as like Haka was saying, most of Aurorus' weaknesses are more physical based, so with smart switching you can gain momentum by switching a pokemon like, say, Chandelure on a fighting or Steel move or Salamence on a ground move. Even if the "skilled" smogon battlers don't use it, I can see it be used properly, as I think the battlers with the most skill are the ones who can make mediocre pokemon shine, not the ones that copy and paste pokemon and movepools off of the smogon website.

    On another note, what do you guys think will happen to Jirachi now that it's weak to dark and ghost?
    It better crash and burn.
    Paraflinching isn't as easy with an entire type waltzing around that's completely immune to thunder wave.Those two new weaknesses may make Rotom Base form a good counter to it(Gotta try that actually).
    At the end of the day though,it's a true legendary with a huge movepool supported by serene grace.It'll still be a good way of dealing with fairies too - it'll find another way to make its mark.
    To whoever gets the next wish in 1000 years time: just ask for an end to matches won via Iron head spam.

  3. #33128
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gaur Plain
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucarioman5 View Post
    I think steel attacks will eventually kind of die down. As of now fairy is used a lot because it's new and it defeats obe of the most OP types i gen 5, but I think we will eventually see a reduction in use of fairies and OU will probably limit itself to having Mega Gardevoir, Mega Mawile, Azumarill, Florges and maybe Klefki or Carbink, though I doubt Carbink will be higher than RU and I have a feeling Klefki is goin to be UU. If you take a look at those pokemon, Azumarill, Mawile and Klefki aren't weak to steel. Carbink is x4 weak, but he will probabaly only have a small niche in OU so we won't be seeing much of it. Sure, steel attacks will be more common than in gen 5, but in gen 5 we pretty much only saw iron head on Jirachi and flash cannon on Magnezone. I think Aurorus will find more use once the metagame will balance itself out.

    Also, we can't forget that fighting has gained a new weakness which will make it much less useful. I actually think that ghost type usage will be the type that gets the biggest jump, as it now has perfect neutral coverage with the exception of dark and normal which can be remefied with focus blast or brick break.

    In conclusion, I wouldn't write off Aurorus right away, as it can find its use, as like Haka was saying, most of Aurorus' weaknesses are more physical based, so with smart switching you can gain momentum by switching a pokemon like, say, Chandelure on a fighting or Steel move or Salamence on a ground move. Even if the "skilled" smogon battlers don't use it, I can see it be used properly, as I think the battlers with the most skill are the ones who can make mediocre pokemon shine, not the ones that copy and paste pokemon and movepools off of the smogon website.

    On another note, what do you guys think will happen to Jirachi now that it's weak to dark and ghost?
    No matter how much steel dies down, Scizor and Mega Lucario will remain strong,and these pokemon render Aurorous utterly useless with bullet punch.

    Jirachi will possibly end up UU, and Metagross WILL be UU



        Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:
    .

  4. #33129
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    No matter how much steel dies down, Scizor and Mega Lucario will remain strong,and these pokemon render Aurorous utterly useless with bullet punch.

    Jirachi will possibly end up UU, and Metagross WILL be UU
    Not like I'm keeping my Aurorus in on Scizor :/ I wouldn't call it utterly useless because it's weak to a move.
    Regardless, I'm finding Scizor easier to deal with by the day since it lost two resistances.
    And I doubt Mega Lucario will stay OU for much longer :/ Adaptability Close combat is a bit much.

  5. #33130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucarioman5 View Post
    I think steel attacks will eventually kind of die down. As of now fairy is used a lot because it's new and it defeats obe of the most OP types i gen 5, but I think we will eventually see a reduction in use of fairies and OU will probably limit itself to having Mega Gardevoir, Mega Mawile, Azumarill, Florges and maybe Klefki or Carbink
    With the exception of Carbink, all of those pokemon are very likely to stay in at least lower tier OU. Steel types as an offense will die down somewhat, but not entirely. Fairies will continue to be used. While not necessarily Mega Gardevoir (even though I'm using that, and it's going very well so far), I can easily see all the other Fairies continue to be used, and I see no issue with disuse anytime soon. Fairies take down Fighting, Dragon and Dark types. Dragons and Fighting are very common, and with an immunity to Dragon type moves, WHY IN HEAVEN'S NAME would you even think of Fairies going down in use? And with only Poison and Steel to worry about defensively... Seems like an easy choice to me.



    Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...



  6. #33131
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gaur Plain
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Archstaraptor View Post
    Not like I'm keeping my Aurorus in on Scizor :/ I wouldn't call it utterly useless because it's weak to a move.
    Regardless, I'm finding Scizor easier to deal with by the day since it lost two resistances.
    And I doubt Mega Lucario will stay OU for much longer :/ Adaptability Close combat is a bit much.
    Yeah but the scizor still exists so your Opponent can just bring in scizor forcing a switch, allowing for the use of SD.

    Anyone else like Mega Mawile?



        Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:
    .

  7. #33132
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    Yeah but the scizor still exists so your Opponent can just bring in scizor forcing a switch, allowing for the use of SD.

    Anyone else like Mega Mawile?
    Scizor is and always has been a pokemon that just loves free turns. Whether it is U-Turning, setting up a Swords Dance, or just simply Bullet Punching away at its heart's content, it is not something that a player wants to give a free turn. The worst thing Aurora can do, bar Hidden Power, is TWave. Speed si something Scizor doesn't care much about, actually, a slow U-Turn is a great reason to actually use it in the first place, and it has Bullet Punch. I will say one pokemon doesn't make a pokemon useless, but a Scizor weakness is something a player never wants on his team. The coupled with the downsides I mentioned earlier really prohibit Aurorus from shining. It will find a home, and a pretty good home, in the lower tiers where its bulk actually means something and steels are more rare and it can shine as a bulky attacker.

    "It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

    PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

  8. #33133
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    City of Ruin
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    Yeah but the scizor still exists so your Opponent can just bring in scizor forcing a switch, allowing for the use of SD.

    Anyone else like Mega Mawile?
    I've used Mega Mawile in doubles, with Rock Slide, Sucker Punch, Play Rough and Swords Dance; lead with it and a Gyarados, and you get that -2 Attack on both your opponents (bar White Smoke/Pure Body/Hyper Cutter users). It's really useful for forcing a switch right at the beginning.

    After a SD, Rock Slide is going to dent anything that doesn't resist it. It could probably be even more effective in Trick Room.

  9. #33134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoySceptile View Post
    I've used Mega Mawile in doubles, with Rock Slide, Sucker Punch, Play Rough and Swords Dance; lead with it and a Gyarados, and you get that -2 Attack on both your opponents (bar White Smoke/Pure Body/Hyper Cutter users). It's really useful for forcing a switch right at the beginning.

    After a SD, Rock Slide is going to dent anything that doesn't resist it. It could probably be even more effective in Trick Room.
    How dare you, you broken toy.

    I'm guessing Gyrados uses DD?



    Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...



  10. #33135
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azulart View Post
    Aurorus served me many victories even in OU matches. If you found this mon awfull i think you are just an very straightforward kind of pokemon battler or just hardly tried battling in the lower tiers. In the lower tiers forming a team with mons that are among the highest BST or most used of that tier won't do you anywell, in OU yeah ofcourse it works sadly not all the time but in general it does. I'm going to use Aurorus in the TEG tourney, he's an prime member of my team but I'll prove the point of his potential aswell.
    If you're playing OU based on BST alone, you're doing it wrong. Strategy is just as important in OU as it is in anything else. Espeon didn't make gen 5 OU through brute strength, and forretress can do nothing asides from support.

    If I was straightforward, I wouldn't be using Sableye. The problem with Aurorus is just that it can't preform a job, it's just that there are pokemon far, far better at preforming the same ones. Sableye, as my example, carries priority Will-o-Wisp to cripple physical attackers, and also is one of the best answers to Mega Kangaskhan to date.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 3rd December 2013 at 1:33 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  11. #33136
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    unfunny location
    Posts
    1,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    Anyone else like Mega Mawile?
    I love Mega-Mawile! It has an awesome typing with only two weaknesses and Huge Power is an amazing ability

    EDIT: Gengarite has been banned!
    Last edited by YourFavoriteUser; 3rd December 2013 at 3:11 AM.
    Pokemon isn't real, I'm sorry

  12. #33137
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    On the ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    5,416

    Default

    Y'all make me want a Mawile now.
    Anyway, I am reading all of your awesome strategies, but I'm desperately trying to find Togepi or Togetic for my battle 2mw D:
    I've pretty much have a good strategy with stalling with Venom Drench and Venoshock. If only Acid Spray could work with it, then I'd be set lol

  13. #33138
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    I love Mega-Mawile! It has an awesome typing with only two weaknesses and Huge Power is an amazing ability

    EDIT: Gengarite has been banned!
    Many tears were shed. Oh well. I hadn't used it to its full capacity yet.

    "It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

    PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

  14. #33139
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gaur Plain
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    I love Mega-Mawile! It has an awesome typing with only two weaknesses and Huge Power is an amazing ability

    EDIT: Gengarite has been banned!
    Wow smogon that was stupid. If they don't quick ban Mega kang and give it a vote, I will be angry as Mega Lang is worse. If mega kang isn't banned at all, I'm tempted to leave smogon.



        Spoiler:- Credit + Claims:
    .

  15. #33140
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dragon's Den
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Hey everyone, from now on TEG will have a spreadsheet to keep track of things. It'll help leaders keep track of members in their division, keep track of Wins and Losses, 3DS FC, Join Date, and activity to help with inactivity sweeps. Note: Wins and Losses will only count starting in 2014, because I don't think anyone here is willing to go through all 1325 pages to find everyone's wins and losses. The Link can be found in my signature anytime you need it :]


    Quote Originally Posted by Hakallowin View Post
    Many tears were shed. Oh well. I hadn't used it to its full capacity yet.
    Well, that's your fault for not using the OP things before they were banned.

  16. #33141
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    1,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WizardTrubbish View Post
    Name: WizardTrubbish
    PO/PS/Wifi/Both: PS
    Joining the Guild Date: 11/28/13
    Favorite Water/Grass/Fairy: Mawile
    what division you like: Fairy
    Referrals: The DragonKnight
    wow im so sorry wizard welcome to the guild so much posts i missed your form ill add you to the fairy division now and when you get your test battle ill add you to your new ranking if you go higher from your test ^_^

    edit:

    also guys....

    alright now guys i told dk to make a spreadsheet which he indeed came up with the idea which i totally agree on since i never had time to do it. Thanks to myrrh, silent, and dk they made a list for inactivity sweeps and etc...the rules are for inactivity post time to time for activity if you don't post at all in one month you will be sweeped. I think is great idea what they came up with and im proud of them to think it up lets stay active thanks ^_^
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 3rd December 2013 at 8:23 AM.

  17. #33142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FairyWitch View Post
    wow im so sorry wizard welcome to the guild so much posts i missed your form ill add you to the fairy division now and when you get your test battle ill add you to your new ranking if you go higher from your test ^_^

    edit:

    also guys....

    alright now guys i told dk to make a spreadsheet which he indeed came up with the idea which i totally agree on since i never had time to do it. Thanks to myrrh, silent, and dk they made a list for inactivity sweeps and etc...the rules are for inactivity post time to time for activity if you don't post at all in one month you will be sweeped. I think is great idea what they came up with and im proud of them to think it up lets stay active thanks ^_^
    I PMed Yellow about inactivity sweeps in water division :s. I'm not sure if he swept it or not >.>

    #WaterDivisionRulesOtherDivisionDrools #loljkaboutthedrooling #bu****erDivisionisstillthebest

    I also thought of inactivity sweeps first :s
    No.

  18. #33143
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    513

    Default

    The spreadsheet should totally be ordered by division and not alphabetically... It would be easier for leaders to keep track of members if any member is looking for someone, for their FC for instance, ctrl+F works. It would just be easier imo.

    "It's time to see what I can do. Test the limits and break through!"

    PoshSprout Nariya's Head Mage
    Credit to FairyWitch and GTA for the art!

  19. #33144
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    424

    Default

    War team announcement












    Last edited by Koume and Kotake; 3rd December 2013 at 5:59 PM.


  20. #33145
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Congrats to everyone that made the war team! I have a feeling my second battle killed my chances of making it... Also, does anyone have a decent nature, decent IV Rotom they could trade me? I need it for my team and my Ditto is not so great.

    Oh and a note for my ranking in the spreadsheet, my tester, which was DK or maybe Drastic, awarded me Kingdra rank, but it was never changed, if anyone needs proof, I can find the post, I sent it to Yellow a few weeks ago and it wasn't changed yet. I just wanted to let you know, as I do not flop around, I swim gracefully and swiftly in the sea :P
    3DS FC:4699-6441-3008

    Credit to fairywitch (I think?) for the userbar
    Pokegyms badges: exo badge, deep dark badge, grass badge (no name written)

  21. #33146
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dragon's Den
    Posts
    398

    Default

    Forgot to mention, PLEASE tell Myrrh, Eve, or myself when you see an error or something that isn't filled out on the spreadsheet.


    Quote Originally Posted by DrasticPhase View Post
    I PMed Yellow about inactivity sweeps in water division :s. I'm not sure if he swept it or not >.>

    #WaterDivisionRulesOtherDivisionDrools #loljkaboutthedrooling #bu****erDivisionisstillthebest

    I also thought of inactivity sweeps first :s
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnet Til Alexandros XVII View Post







    Quote Originally Posted by Hakallowin View Post
    The spreadsheet should totally be ordered by division and not alphabetically... It would be easier for leaders to keep track of members if any member is looking for someone, for their FC for instance, ctrl+F works. It would just be easier imo.
    But it looks nicer in alphabetical order :[


    Quote Originally Posted by lucarioman5 View Post
    Oh and a note for my ranking in the spreadsheet, my tester, which was DK or maybe Drastic, awarded me Kingdra rank, but it was never changed, if anyone needs proof, I can find the post, I sent it to Yellow a few weeks ago and it wasn't changed yet. I just wanted to let you know, as I do not flop around, I swim gracefully and swiftly in the sea :P
    I fixed it :]

  22. #33147
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Congrats on everyone that made it to the War Team!! Get 'em TEG Warriors!
    I'll be cheering you all on. ^^ <3
    ---------------
    3DS Friend Code

    Signature done by yours truly. Check out full version here!
    [Normal]
    [Safari]
    Smeargle / Audino / Lillipup
    Pokemon X: Rorie (Main)
    ---------------
    TEG Fairy Division Klefki Rank Trainer
    ---------------
    Current Shinies: Gogoat (Not tradeable), Krabby (Tradeable)
    Current Masuda Method Pokemon: Honedge (48 eggs, paused)

  23. #33148
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    195

    Default

    I'm back from thanksgiving break,I was out of town.
    Check out Dragon-Tamer club..had to remove it because sig was too big. (Mod: As was having the water club)

    Credit to Savanny
    CREDIT TO CYRIUS[
    Need someone to train your pokemon or breed for one ? I will do it.


  24. #33149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minedreigon View Post
    Wow smogon that was stupid. If they don't quick ban Mega kang and give it a vote, I will be angry as Mega Lang is worse. If mega kang isn't banned at all, I'm tempted to leave smogon.
    Mega Gengar is 2x more dangerous than Mega Kangaskan. One thing at a time.

    Smogon was NOT stupid. They're smart, they know what they are doing. Let me explain this to you, so you can understand WHY Gengarite should be banned.

    First, a quick message from TheDragonKnight on this topic.

    Gengar has unreal SpA and is able to take out a LOT of things.

        Spoiler:- Everything in OU not OHKO'd by Mega Gengar after SR:


    Everything not 2HKO'd
    252 SpA Mega Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey: 248-292 (34.7 - 40.8%)
    252 SpA Mega Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 132-156 (30.9 - 36.6%)
    252 SpA Mega Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 142-168 (33.8 - 40%)
    252 SpA Mega Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tentacruel: 136-162 (37.3 - 44.5%)
    252 SpA Mega Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Goodra: 90-106 (23.4 - 27.6%)
    Once you've read all of those scenarios, let us go to the realm of Pokemon theory.

    Gengar-Mega has Shadow Tag, which Chandelure had. Essentially, Gengar-Mega can lure in a pokemon that stops you from completely sweeping a team, and kill it with ease. Afterwards, your sweeper can one shot everything else. Anyone who uses Gengar-Mega as an offensive weapon is foolish. It is better to use it as a precision sniper, to take out threats to your sweeper. With Perish Song and Substitute sets to make life absolute hell for anything that cannot instantly kill it (Which is ALSO hard, because it has good defenses), Gengar-Mega took all variations out of the game, FORCING you to pack all of your pokemon with Shed Shell, Baton Pass, and a move to quickly dispatch of Mega-Gengar. This is such a big problem. You can at LEAST beat a Mega-Kangiskan team. You CANNOT beat a Mega-Gengar team in the right hands.

    In other news...

    I will help anyone who needs it to build an affective team tonight at 10:30 EST onwards. Just meet me in the official Xat Chat, and we can get started. I feel it is time for me to start contributing to the guild. I will now do so.
    Last edited by Remorph; 3rd December 2013 at 9:40 PM.



    Meh. We got dis. Powerful vines and all. We whip 'em. With our vines. Powah Whip. :3
    In honor of AlexandriaTheMixed and Project Retribution
    Oh, the shame...



  25. #33150
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dragon's Den
    Posts
    398

    Default

    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/po...ubeta-67149036

    Well, that took a while.

    /toolazytoofilloutform


    Also, congrats to Zachmac for making it on the war team for the first time (I think, lol).

Page 1326 of 1415 FirstFirst ... 32612261276131613221323132413251326132713281329133013361376 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •