Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Reunion Battles In Nimbasa! (700)

Meh Poke Maniac I do the same but the anime is kinda of showing the characters act like we as humans towards our pets, I would trade my cat for another because the cat was cuter(I don't need it mine is ze cutests haha), I just hate people who abandon their pets, that is probably why I felt so pissed with this situation.

Palpitoad was pretty awesome even though Ash had just caught it...

Just saw the episode. It was pretty nice getting to see all the recurring characters interact but of course I was expecting more battles. It was worth it, so making this a four-parter was a good move.

I have a feeling that this running gag with Bianca pushing Ash into a river will either end in this saga with a) Ash steps aside and Bianca falls in, b) He accidentally pushes Bianca in himself while rushing to a league match, or c) He finally snaps and pushes her in. Either of those three will make me happy.

Quite honestly I wanted to see Ash wipe the floor with Carbernet, but he's Ash, so yeah. Palpitoad almost pulling a Krabby on us was pretty nice but like what a lot of people said, I was hoping for more personality from it.
    -
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/9i9zxi.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/j8faqd.png[/IMG]
    * Credit to pokefan#493

So...Yoshihiko is Jimmy Ray.

Gyahahhaaha! That's so random!

OMG! Best episode since a lean mean team rocket machine! Langley is amazing both her voice and design plus everyone returning was win! This mine arc is turning out better then the past league! Gotta love how the narrator corrected himself about Nimbasa Town. Gotta love how the writers handheld that mistake XD

Its nice to have a break from all those fillers... Pokemon battles are the only thing that hasn't been dumbed down.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

This episode kicks the Nimbasa town battle tournament. Burgundy, Bianca, Stephan, Georgia, and Trip show up again and participate in the tournament. The battle between Burgundy and Ash was neat, Palpitoad battled well. And the parts with Zorua were funny. Can't wait for the next episode.

Was it just me or has anyone noticed James voice has not been like his old voice in the last few eps? Sounds like Zoppi has made it sound a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    Its nice to have a break from all those fillers... Pokemon battles are the only thing that hasn't been dumbed down.
    ...But they have been dumbed down. They're so much simpler than they were in Sinnoh

I have to think to myself, didn't Barry crash into Ash whenever he's run into the group in DP? Seems like she's almost like a female Barry...

Anyways, this was a great episode...I watched it in Japanese the other day, and saw it today and I must say the script is very close to the original translation....

Dawn think there's no need to worry...lol

I have to say, I really liked this episode. I had already seen it in Japanese, but the dub was really good!! I liked everybody together; rivals, recurring, etc.,. I also love how Burgundy thinks that she's gonna win against Ash. HA! It seems, to me, as if Burgundy can't win anything... I liked seeing Palpitoad battle. I liked all of this episode, really.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 10
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

This episode was fantastic! I love having the gang meet up with their rivals altogether and competing in the Nimbasa Town tournament. This episode really caught good moments between the characters.

Im looking forward to the rest of the battles, especially between Burgundy and Ash; their battle was a good one. Palpitoad finally got it's spotlight in a winning battle.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Really good episode to kick off the battle tournament arc. I loved how Iris used Zorua to piss of Georgia, and Ash's face while saying "What a mouth" was hilarious! My only problem was they replaced the Best Wishes instrumental with their own, more anti-climatic music.
    If you play Pokemon with your favorites and don't rush through the game to start EV training, IV breeding, etc... I salute you.

Ozzy Hotspot Buster Zeke Stewie Sundae
    This is my Pokemon White team. I beat the gym leaders, the Elite Four, N, and Ghetis without evolving my Pokemon. I love this team.

Help me complete the National Pokedex!
    Current Status: 642/646 Still Need: , , ,
    Events up for trade: ASH , FEB2012 , TRU , TRU , 2012MAY , ALAMOS , TRU , Movie14
    Platinum FC: 4511-6675-9996
    HeartGold FC: 3654-3503-9839
    White FC: 3739-9038-0200

Quote Originally Posted by SmartD View Post
    And the parts with Zorua were funny.
    Come back in three weeks when the arc is over, you'll be singing a whole different tune.

I'm loving B/W every week!! I used to record the episodes of every season every week on tape for the past 10 years!!! But just like B/W I'm starting fresh and waiting for the seasons to come out on DVD in HD because recording on tape loses quality.

But back to the ep. It was great!

-It was a tight little reunion they had going on and its only been a season! Loved the interactions between them all. Can you image all of Ash's old gang reuniting in one arc? Misty, May, Dawn, Tracy, Brock? Not to mention old rivals, Gary, Barry and Paul? And interacting with the new cast? EPIC WIN!

- What I really liked was how the show showcased the other day player rivals' battles instead of just skipping them over for the main cast's battles like they did in Sinnoh. I hope this trend continues.

- ANd the picture at the end of the ep was sweet!!! I hope Serebii.net makes that into an avatar!

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Quote Originally Posted by Toonyoungster View Post
    Really good episode to kick off the battle tournament arc. I loved how Iris used Zorua to piss of Georgia, and Ash's face while saying "What a mouth" was hilarious! My only problem was they replaced the Best Wishes instrumental with their own, more anti-climatic music.
    Really? I prefer the dub music over the BW Japaneseopening

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    Come back in three weeks when the arc is over, you'll be singing a whole different tune.
    Zorua's tune's still stuck in my head. *shrugs*

What kind of a name is Freddy O'Martin? Are they acknowledging the sizable Irish fanbase or what?

"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."

Quote Originally Posted by Elice_Carol View Post
    Zorua's tune's still stuck in my head. *shrugs*

What kind of a name is Freddy O'Martin? Are they acknowledging the sizable Irish fanbase or what?
    Was he the guy in the Watchhog cosplay?

FFS. Why does nobody upload episodes that I'm so hyped for?

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Aw. They skipped the desert?

I kind of wanted to see that.

It's also weird how they're acting like they haven't seen Bianca in a while when it was only two episodes ago. I know that episode was out of place, but still.

Oh, Burgundy's back (along with everyone else they met). Is she going to try licking Snivy again? :P

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    - ANd the picture at the end of the ep was sweet!!! I hope Serebii.net makes that into an avatar!
    I love all of those sketchy/hand-drawn/whatever epic pictures they put at the end of epic episodes. Personally I think the one at the end of this episode was brilliant, and really got me anticipated for Cilan VS Trip.

Anyways, UBER AWESOME episode. We get to see everyone again (Burgundy, Steffan, and Georgia, I seriously didn't expect you guys here! ). Ash VS Burgundy was a very nicely-written battle, and Palpitoad made its battling debut. I loved the music they played near the end of the match.

Beartic falling on Joltik and making him faint was pretty funny, lol.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

Great episode. Nice to have the rivals showing up again. The battle between Burgundy and Ash was also great, too. With a type disadvantage Ash had, he prevailed. Can hardly wait for next week for the battle between Cilan and Trip.

I watched the subbed version of this episode montsh ago, and I was still excited about the battles. I loved how Georgia reacted to Zorua impersonating her. Zorua as a whole is entertaining. I really liked the match-ups and how they didn't use an overt amount of filler characters and were bringing back rivals from older episodes. I also found it cool that they didn't just do match-ups that led to everyone battling there rival right away, like if the first round was:
    Ash Vs. Steffen (Because Trip is the main rival and would've never been against Ash first round), Iris Vs. Georgia, Burgundy Vs. Cilan, and then everyone else just thrown in whatever way the creators felt like, mostly getting skipped over.

Can't wait for Trip Vs. Cilan!

Quote Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
    Aw. They skipped the desert?

I kind of wanted to see that.

It's also weird how they're acting like they haven't seen Bianca in a while when it was only two episodes ago. I know that episode was out of place, but still.
    I think you can do the math and see the actual "timeline" in your post. They never skipped the desert.

This episode was very well done with a lot of humor tossed in for good measure. I take it Iris fears Watchog-dressed people?

WHAT THE HELL!? When this episode first aired in Japan people said that TR were saying that their plan was to extract the energy from the Ferris Wheel for their next plan! They were just using it as an analogy!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast