Thread: League of Legends

Default League of Legends

Just wondering if there are other League of Legends players around here. For those who don't know what it is, it's a game similar to Defense of the Ancients.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Players are formed into 2 even teams with 1–5 Champion(s) on each team. Each team starts at opposing sides of a map in an area called the "fountain", near what is called a "Nexus". A match is won when either the opposing team's Nexus is destroyed or the other team surrenders. To destroy a Nexus, each team must work through a series of towers called "Turrets". Turrets are often placed along a path to each base referred to as a "Lane". Along the way, each player gains levels from killing the opposing team's champions and "Minions" (small NPCs that constantly spawn and attack the other team) and defeating neutral monsters (some of which grant buffs known as crests upon death). Killing enemies allows champions to purchase "Items" with in-match gold to improve their statistics. In League of Legends, each player starts at level 1 at the beginning of the match and can obtain the maximum of level 18 with their champion, leveling 4 different champion-specific abilities.
    For those who play, perhaps we can discuss strategies, champion builds, etc., share stories of epic matches we've had, or maybe even queue together with other SPP players some time. It's a free game, by the way, so don't think money will prevent you newcomers from being able to play it.

(P.S. I searched the forum beforehand, and the only LoL-related thread I found was someone's referral link, sooo yeah, I'd hardly call that a discussion thread...)

Sig by my girlfriend. <3
    3DS: 3566 1678 7442 (Mankey, Throh, Tyrogue) | Skype: IllusionistMidnite
    Breedable Vivillon Patterns: Polar, Ocean, Savanna
    Claims: Fennekin (Pokémon), Pit - Kid Icarus (Videogame character) | SSB4 Potential Mains: Pit, Mega Man, Palutena, Greninja | ♪ Air Man

I'm sorry that I have to tell you this Midnite♪, but like the several DotA threads in this forum, this thread will die fast.

That said, I played LoL for a while, while it was very new in fact. Back then there were around half the her-champions, only one map, and many, many balance issues. I generally just play DotA (still do sometimes) when I want that kind of gameplay, but what interested me in LoL was the fact that unlike HoN, it was not a DotA clone and it had new ideas in it.

I enjoyed my time there, played a bit and unlocked a fair amount of champions, but when my amount of free time dropped by significantly, I had to choose between DotA and LoL, and obviously I chose DotA. Last I played the new league system was just being implemented and the newest champion was some acidic worm kind of thing that exploded upon death and had a super annoying ultimate.

I'd log in to play, but honestly, I'm pretty sure it'd have to download a huge update... so yeah.