Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pokewalker's Future?

Default Pokewalker's Future?

Hey, guys, I don't know if a topic like this ever came up, but what do you think about the Pokewalker from HG/SS? I'm currently raising my Azurill on a course (can't remember the name) and I thought- what's the future of the Pokewalker? Will it just stay with the Johto remakes, or will it eventually get upgraded with higher generation games? I personally think GF should make more use of the Pokewalker with other Generations, like help hatch eggs and stuff. Those are my thoughts. What's yours?
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

I would honestly have to agree with you (I still use my Pokewalker EVERY DAY). It would add another aspect to the games, and I think that would help.
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

I like that idea, but we won't know for a while. I only use the PokéWalker when my brothers and I go for our walks (which is really the only reason why we get out of the house now: to use the PokéWalker xD), so who knows. I think the creators realized that it was fun for a while, but now that everyone can cheat the system, they may not bring it back. Unless they upgrade it into something else that'll trick us into getting healthier--I mean, make exercising more fun.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Yes! It's helpful when you don't have access to your DS for extra training. I think that if they had Generations onwards, they should have it Pokewalker accessible for Eggs. Breeders would use that all the time!
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

Pokewalker was only a Hg/ss thing I don't think they would upgrade it for newer gens because the "poke walker" for the fifth generation is global link and dream world.
    Feed him

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2nk6wes.gif[/IMG]
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by AmbipomMaster View Post
    Yes! It's helpful when you don't have access to your DS for extra training. I think that if they had Generations onwards, they should have it Pokewalker accessible for Eggs. Breeders would use that all the time!
    You have said the wisest thing I've heard all day. I tip my hat to you.

As of right now, it's a feature in HGSS from Gen 4. Events for it are over, the generation it's in is over. Until something else is announced, it's future is it's a Gen 4 feature exclusive to HGSS. For all intents and purposes, it's basically been replaced by the Dream World.

VVVV That too. These things weren't built to last all that long.
    Last edited by randomspot555; 1st November 2011 at 4:52 AM.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Yeah, it's kind of a HGSS thing. It's really cool, but the Dream World has kind of taken its place. Really cool thing, the Pokewalker, but it was hard to maintain. Mine's gone through the washer. Twice. The future of my Pokewalker is to be my keychain attached to my laniard.

But overall, the Pokewalker's HGSS exclusive hardware. Which is cool. ^_^

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

I never used the pokewalker, it seemed like an innovative and interesting concept, but I couldn't figure out how to work it and didn't see any reason to use it. But it wasn't a bad idea, the dream world is just so much easier for me.
    Sig under construction
    White FC: 5286 4282 7903
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    I am in about 3.5 relationships right now.

I hope they do something with the pokewalker again, whether its the current one or a totaly new one. I still wear mine on my belt along with my Pikachu 2 one. It was nifty and had its uses, even if they were somewhat limited.

Quote Originally Posted by xXShinyUmbreonXx View Post
    I never used the pokewalker, it seemed like an innovative and interesting concept, but I couldn't figure out how to work it and didn't see any reason to use it. But it wasn't a bad idea, the dream world is just so much easier for me.
    It had an easy to understand manual, & allowed you to find rare Items, like max revives, find Pokemon with unusual moves, or just find difficult Pokemon to locate like Spiritomb, or Torchic.

Stupid Question Require Stupid Answers.

The pokewalker was cool while it kasted, however, I think it will eventually die out like e-readers did.
    No more words...

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletproof View Post
    It had an easy to understand manual, & allowed you to find rare Items, like max revives, find Pokemon with unusual moves, or just find difficult Pokemon to locate like Spiritomb, or Torchic.
    Didn't care, had poketransfer and trading, plus unusual moves don't interest me too much. Items aren't all too useful in the games, and you can't use a max revive in competitive. And it's not like I read into it. It was more like, "Oh I don't feel like doing this" kind of thing and just left it. I really didn't care about it enough to even read the manual. And I like the dream world better anyways, with it doing the same thing, only with more limited access and the capability get rare and useful abilities. Plus there are games to play on there.
    Sig under construction
    White FC: 5286 4282 7903
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    I am in about 3.5 relationships right now.

My Dad murdered my PokeWalker liek 2 months ago when he was replacing the battery :/ that clippy thing inside that holds the battery broke off :'c
    I was so used to telling the time with it and strolling my shiny Meowth there. I really miss my PokeWalker..
    But luckily, I transferred everything back to my game before that happened

So yeah! They should have more of these stuff in the next Gen of Pokemon Games! This time with backlight and coloured, nya~

I hope that they introduce the Pokewalker in future. Maybe with more features & variety in Pokemon though, it kinda gets boring after awhile.

ZFXZFX ~
    If we are born to die and we all die to live, then whats the point of living life if it just contradicts?
    - Ronnie Radke

I used the pokewalker a lot, but I don't know that I've got Black version. I wish that did have it for gen 5, no wi-fi needed. I have wi-fi, but the dream world is always so slow that the only impressive pokemon I got from it was the vaporeon from the eeveelution event.

I know how to use the pokewalker's RNG. Unlike the RNG for breeding, catching, ect, it's very easy, but they never come out flawless. I've got a nice HP ice 68 surfchu, and I usually can't RNG.
    My Dad murdered my PokeWalker liek 2 months ago when he was replacing the battery :/ that clippy thing inside that holds the battery broke off :'c
    I was so used to telling the time with it and strolling my shiny Meowth there. I really miss my PokeWalker..
    I think you can buy replacements online, I have before.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

the poke walker should be a SS/HG only thing because on SS/HG ur pokemon walk behind u while in others they dont
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

The 3DS has a pedometer in it, they could create an app for it that works like the Pokewalker, but is on the system. You could transfer from both the Gen IV and Gen V games (Probably not possible, but still), overall, the idea could be a vast improvement on the original Pokewalker if done right.
    PASBL Record-
    TL- 3
    Ref Grade- C+
    Wins- 22 ~ Losses- 11 ~ Draws- 1
    TP- 139 KOs- 52 SP- 19
    Current Number of Pokemon on the Squad: 32

I never used the Pokewalker, and I never found it interesting, so I really don't care what they do with it in the future.
    Snake? Snake? Snaaaaaaake!!!

I don't really care about it. Used it for a week or less before I got bored of it. I guess it was a somewhat useful gimmick, but it could have been much better. I'd rather not see it return for future games.
    We both break free if we make it on top
    If one should fall we both will drop

We move together from here on out
    What you need is what I'm about

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPal_Lyra View Post

So yeah! They should have more of these stuff in the next Gen of Pokemon Games! This time with backlight and coloured, nya~
    lol

My dad murdered it by jumping in the pool with it....(I'm still mad at him)

I think they should re do it.

I used the Pokewalker quite a bit, actually. I found it useful to have the ability to train my Pokemon when I couldn't take my DS... which for a while happened quite often.

I don't see the Pokewalker coming back though... similar to the ability of walking with Pokemon outside of Pokeballs. I think that they're both, regrettably, exclusive to previous Generations. :/ But we do have Dreamworld, as a kind of replacement for the Pokewalker!
        Spoiler:- My Signature. (So it doens't make my posts long):

I think it may come back if they re-make HG/SS, but I think Dreamworld is it's replacement.

Pokewalkers have a future? Ha ha, good one.

^ Click this for good times ^

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast