Thread: Pokeathlon: Discussion and Records

Threaded View

Default Pokeathlon: Discussion and Records

I wanted to create this thread for discussion and strategy regarding the pokeathlon, as well as to have a place for pokeathlon records.

Discussion: pretty basic, discuss anything about the Pokeathlon. Whatever events you like/dislike, whatever you think is stupid/awesome about it, what events you have trouble with or maybe events you're very good at and have stragegy. Pretty much anything Pokeathlon related.

For myself, I think I probably like the 2 exclusive events of the jump course the most, the Lamp Jump and Disc Catch. I've become frustrated with the course though, because I can't get over 500 points as I've done with the others. I can't get over 600 points in Lamp Jump (a personal goal) and the AP earned from Disc Catch reaches a plateau; you probably wouldn't get more then 140AP even if you scored 200 points (which is impossible). I also have trouble ever getting any 'No-Miss' bonuses; the 3 jump events are probably the 3 hardest not to miss in. Does anyone not have trouble with the Lamp Jump points and 'No-Miss's in Jump? If not, please share your strategy with us.

Records: post whatever records you have in the pokeathlon. They can be anything; course records, event records, wins in snow throw, number of tackles, etc. However, I'm starting this with only event and course records, and others will be added as people wish to contribute them. When posting event and course records, please post the whole team with which the record was obtained. I'll check on the thread periodically and update the records in this first post. The course and events records will be separated by legends and non-legends* (don't worry about this when posting).

I'm leaving out my own records for now. I'll post them once other users post theirs.
    In hopes of getting things started, I've added my own 'Legends' records.
    The Course and Event Records
        Spoiler:- Legends:

Spoiler:- Non-Legends:

Non-Course/Event Records **
        Spoiler:- Other Records:

*Any team with a legend that is banned in the battle frontier will be placed in the legends section (so teams of 3 legends won't dominate regular pokemon). For reference, these pokemon are: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus.
    **For the most part, data of this type is obtained by purchasing Data Cards. The lady nearest the Poke'computer in the Pokeathlon Dome sells them for points gained during the events. The whole set of 27 costs 39499 points (you can buy them one at a time).
    Last edited by PsychicPsycho; 10th May 2012 at 8:23 PM.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)