Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokeathlon: Discussion and Records

Default Pokeathlon: Discussion and Records

I wanted to create this thread for discussion and strategy regarding the pokeathlon, as well as to have a place for pokeathlon records.

Discussion: pretty basic, discuss anything about the Pokeathlon. Whatever events you like/dislike, whatever you think is stupid/awesome about it, what events you have trouble with or maybe events you're very good at and have stragegy. Pretty much anything Pokeathlon related.

For myself, I think I probably like the 2 exclusive events of the jump course the most, the Lamp Jump and Disc Catch. I've become frustrated with the course though, because I can't get over 500 points as I've done with the others. I can't get over 600 points in Lamp Jump (a personal goal) and the AP earned from Disc Catch reaches a plateau; you probably wouldn't get more then 140AP even if you scored 200 points (which is impossible). I also have trouble ever getting any 'No-Miss' bonuses; the 3 jump events are probably the 3 hardest not to miss in. Does anyone not have trouble with the Lamp Jump points and 'No-Miss's in Jump? If not, please share your strategy with us.

Records: post whatever records you have in the pokeathlon. They can be anything; course records, event records, wins in snow throw, number of tackles, etc. However, I'm starting this with only event and course records, and others will be added as people wish to contribute them. When posting event and course records, please post the whole team with which the record was obtained. I'll check on the thread periodically and update the records in this first post. The course and events records will be separated by legends and non-legends* (don't worry about this when posting).

I'm leaving out my own records for now. I'll post them once other users post theirs.
    In hopes of getting things started, I've added my own 'Legends' records.
    The Course and Event Records
        Spoiler:- Legends:

Spoiler:- Non-Legends:

Non-Course/Event Records **
        Spoiler:- Other Records:

*Any team with a legend that is banned in the battle frontier will be placed in the legends section (so teams of 3 legends won't dominate regular pokemon). For reference, these pokemon are: Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus.
    **For the most part, data of this type is obtained by purchasing Data Cards. The lady nearest the Poke'computer in the Pokeathlon Dome sells them for points gained during the events. The whole set of 27 costs 39499 points (you can buy them one at a time).
    Last edited by PsychicPsycho; 10th May 2012 at 7:23 PM.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

there's a guy with a Dodrio in the third room that gives you some advice on the events. it's not very good advice, but maybe he'll mention something you haven't tried yet?

Concealment | "Hiding One's Eyes
    Trade Page // DarkFlameShipping // Deeper Deeper
    Claimed Kyogre Since July 20th, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by kyogreblue3 View Post
    there's a guy with a Dodrio in the third room that gives you some advice on the events. it's not very good advice, but maybe he'll mention something you haven't tried yet?
    I don't remember his exact words, but I believe I've tried what he says...well, he mentions coordinating the pokemon's jump at just the right time. I guess I should attempt it with only that in mind and see how it goes.

I'm come to discount his advice generally, because some of it is terrible (pennant capture) or obvious.

I assumed a successful tactic would be trying to bounce pokemon up to hit ones already in the air (so you keep getting 5 pts/lamp), but I can't consistantly do it. What freaks me out is that, according to my calculations, to acheive 200 AP the event, you'd have to get 700 pts. It seems like the scoring in lamp jump and disc catch is kind of unrealistic.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

For lamp jump I have over 500. I think maybe 524? Not sure. I'll check later. I don't really have a strategy for it, I just sort of fling my pokemon everywhere and hope that they don't hit each other :/ I just make sure my pokemon that do the lamp jump have five bold stars in jumping before entering the event.

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

I've been looking in here occasionally. No ones posted anything yet, so I'm going to post whatever 'legend' records I happen to have (the majority of my records aren't legends). Anyway, here goes:

Pennant Capture: 52 Flags- Surskit, Rotom (Mow), Deoxys
    Block Smash: 170 Blocks- Palkia, Dialga, Giratina (Altered)
    Disc Catch: 118 Points- Darkrai, Houndoom, Duskull
    Lamp Jump: 543 Points- Suicune, Kyogre, Skitty____and____Latias, Palkia, Cresselia
    Relay Run: 20.5 Laps- Rayquaza, Arceus, Rayquaza (shiny)
    Snow Throw: 110 Hits- Palkia, Zigzagoon, Glaceon

Stamina Course: 593 points- Rayquaza, Arceus, Rayquaza (shiny)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Buizel View Post
    For lamp jump I have over 500. I think maybe 524? Not sure. I'll check later. I don't really have a strategy for it, I just sort of fling my pokemon everywhere and hope that they don't hit each other :/ I just make sure my pokemon that do the lamp jump have five bold stars in jumping before entering the event.
    I sort of follow the same idea, although I try to get them to bounce up at an angle, take out one row of lamps, then come down right to take out a 2nd row. I don't mess with them hitting each other, but I think that it might be impossible to avoid even if I tried.

This was in my last game, however I remeber getting 10 goals in the goal roll with a Quilava, a Growlithe and a Hoothoot. Don't know how- utter fluke.
    Running for the thrill of it

Quote Originally Posted by Geekachu View Post
    This was in my last game, however I remeber getting 10 goals in the goal roll with a Quilava, a Growlithe and a Hoothoot. Don't know how- utter fluke.
    Just wondering, do you generally try to score using a dashing maneuver? When I first started playing, that what I'd do and could rarely get more then 10.

My current tactic is to designate one pokemon to score goals, generally the one with the best combination of speed and stamina, and leave the other 2 to guard my own goal. Then, instead of dashing, I move the scorer steadily, start of like dragging it along with the stylus, so I sort of push in the ball instead of slamming it. I've found it gives me much better control and makes scoring much easier. Plus the 2 guys blocking the goal keeps me from losing as many points; occasionally, I can dash with one of them to put a goal in.

Using this tactic, I can consistantly get 10 or more, something reaching more then 20. It depends on luck somewhat, though, like how many golden balls you get and where new balls appear after a goal.

I hate that football-thing -.-
    I tried to forget you
    I tried to love you
    But I hurt you all the time
    I cant't forget you
    I'm afraid to touch you
    And I always see you cry

Erkennst Du mich denn nicht?
    Bin ich dir unbekannt?

^ Me too. Just got 9 goals on the goal roll :O Don't really know how I did it.

Credit to iPokemon

Overall:
    Times joined:191
    Pokeathlon 1st places:144
    Pokethlon Last places:17
    Bonuses earned:281
    Event 1st place: 429
    Event Last Place: 71
    con. partake:4
    con. 1st places:4
    Time spent:???:???

Event 1st places
    HD:86
    PC:34
    CP:19
    BS:43
    DC:51
    LJ:46
    RR:72
    RD:27
    ST: 14
    GR: 37

Action Data
    PI:71289
    TPD:21968
    TPJ:6429
    TPT:11552
    TPS:997
    TPS-I:174
    PAP:19842
    PF: 2839
    PFD:372

Course records:
    SPD:473
    PWR:483
    SKL: 516
    STM: 497
    JMP:445

Pokemon Record: 22 medalists (magikarp is in that)

Event records:
    HD:86.5 sec
    PC: 37 flags
    CP: 61 points
    BS: 130 pieces
    DC: 95 Points
    LJ: 513 points
    RR: 17.3 Laps
    RD: 180 points
    ST: 79 hits
    GR: 11 points

POKEATHLON TOTAL POINTS
    Course record total: 2414
    Event record total: 1566
    Medal Aquisition total: 182
    Total: 4162 points

TROPHIES:
    9 collective
    4 trust
    8 potential
    8 friendship

those are my stats

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

How do you find out how many times you've won an event? Because I would like to post that here.

Credit to iPokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic Buizel View Post
    How do you find out how many times you've won an event? Because I would like to post that here.
    You buy Data cards and then you can acess your records from the thing next to the person you buy the cards off. they are at the main desk.

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobthepokemonfreak View Post
    You buy Data cards and then you can acess your records from the thing next to the person you buy the cards off. they are at the main desk.
    Alright. Do the data cards cost many points?

Credit to iPokemon

The first ones cost around 100-150 points and the others go up with the last card costing 9999 points.

The first ones cost around 100-150 points and the others go up with the last card costing 9999 points.
    That's not horrible. How many do you have to buy exactly?

Credit to iPokemon

ALOT, There are 12 sets of cards and to access the next one you have to buy all the ones in the set you are up to. I could tell the exact price when I find my walkthrough for the game.

ALOT, There are 12 sets of cards and to access the next one you have to buy all the ones in the set you are up to. I could tell the exact price when I find my walkthrough for the game.
    Wait, the guide lists it? Nevermind I can look it up in mine thanks

Credit to iPokemon

No probs. Good Luck.

I've updated the records to include all those posted so far. Nearly all Pokeathlon-related data is present now.
    those are my stats
    Thank you for contributing. I'll glady include your Course and Events records, if you can tell me with which teams they were obtained.

I've only recently started competing in the pokeathlon for real, so my records won't be interesting.

However, I am perplexed by the skill-course. Most ofthen I really don't need skill. Speed alone grants me victory in pennant capture, and the snowball-thing is just impossible for me. I haven't been able to win the course once.

Other courses sre more enjoyable, though. I especially like the strength and stamina courses.

And the prizes are well worth it.

Here are my overall records:

Times joined: 81
    Pokeathlon 1st places: 76
    Pokeathlon Last places: 0
    Bonuses earned: 157
    Event 1st place: 201
    Event Last Place: 12
    Connection Participation: 1
    Connection 1st Places: 1
    Connection Last Places: 0
    Time Spent in Pokeathlon: 7:00

I'll update this once I look over the other records.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    I've updated the records to include all those posted so far. Nearly all Pokeathlon-related data is present now.

Thank you for contributing. I'll glady include your Course and Events records, if you can tell me with which teams they were obtained.
    COurse records:
    SPD: 473: Zigzagoon, Grovyle,Dratini

PWR: 483: Drapion, Latias, Lucario

SKL: 516 : Claydol, Dragonite, Hoothoot

STM: 497: Articuno, Groundon, Aggron

JMP: 445: Rayquaza, Ledyba, Zapdos

Medalist Pokemon:
    Metapod, Dugtrio, Magikarp, Articuno, Zapdos, Dragonite, Hoothoot, togepi, Teddiursa, HO-OH, Grovyle, SWampert, Gardevoir, Aggron, Wailord, Claydol, Relicanth, Groundon, Rayquaza, Drapion and Gallade.

Event records

HD: 86.5 sec: magnemite, Zapdos and Ledyba
    PC: 37 flags: Gardevoir, sentret and quilava
    CP: 61 points: Drapion, Lucario and Latias
    BS: 130 pieces: Groundon, Dragonite and Drapion
    DC: 95 points: Aggron, wailord and Latias
    LJ: 513 points: Rayquaza, Ledyba and Zapdos
    RR: 17.3 Laps: Groyvle, Dratini, zigzagoon
    RD: 180 points: wobbufet, Drapion and Dragonite
    ST: 79 hits: magneton, Gardevoir and groyvle
    GR: 12 goals (new record): teddiursa, Krabby and relicanth

I love the pokelathon! Here's my records:
    Overall:
    Times Joined:105
    Total number of 1st places:81
    Last places:3
    Course Record Total:2187 points.
    Event Record Total:1422 points.
    Medal Acquisition Total:163 points.
    Total:6 trophies.
    3772 points.

Trophies:
    Collective Trophies-6.
    Trust Trophies-1.
    Potential Trophies-2.
    Friendship Trophies-6.
    Total Trophies-15.

Highest Overall Team Records:
    Speed:424 points. Manectric, Rapidash and Nidoking.-1 trophy.
    Power:442 points. Raichu, Rampardos, Entei.-1 trophy.
    Skill:423 points. Electabuzz, Regice, Suicune.-1 trophy.
    Stamina:475 points. Milotic, Rayquaza, Weavile.-2 trophies.
    Jump:423 points. Skiploom, Ledian, Pelipper.-1 trophy.
    I got this data of the first room of the pokelathon.
    Pokemon with medals:119.
    Pokemon with all course medals:1(Rayquaza).

Highest Event Records:
    Hurdle Dash-94.1 secs(Manectric, Starmie, Rotom).
    Pennant Capture-36 flags(Rayquaza, Manectric, Phione).
    Circle Push-54 points(Machamp, Lanturn, Breloom).
    Block Smash-120 pieces(Rampardos, Palkia, Arcanine).
    Disc Catch-70 points(Skiploom, Hondour, Pelipper).
    Lamp Jump-469 points(Rayquaza, Skarmory, Latias).
    Relay Run-16.1 laps(Milotic, Rayquaza, Weavile).
    Ring Drop-186 points(Leafeon, Clefable, Regigas).
    Snow Throw-49 hits(Meganium, Sneasel, Sandslash).
    Goal Roll-8 points(Meganium, Sandslash, Sneasel).

Favourite Events:Ring Drop, Snow Throw and Block Smash.
    Hated Events:Goal Roll, Disc Catch, Lamp Jump.
    ~RaichuArcanine~

Records updated. Thanks to everyone for contributing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgameš View Post
    However, I am perplexed by the skill-course. Most ofthen I really don't need skill. Speed alone grants me victory in pennant capture, and the snowball-thing is just impossible for me. I haven't been able to win the course once.

Other courses sre more enjoyable, though. I especially like the strength and stamina courses.

And the prizes are well worth it.
    When I first started, the Skill course was the most difficult for me as well. I sucked at everything, but with more practice, I started getting better. Now my highest course score is in skill.

Technically, I think skill is supposed to help in turning in Pennant Capture, but like you said, you can still win without it. High skill also allows you to throw snow balls faster (this can make a big difference) and have better soccerball control.

A tip for Snow Throw: move your stylus straight up when throwing, aiming for the yellow team constantly. My scores started rocketing up when I started doing that.

And the prizes are awesome. I started slowly compilingly Rare Candies, and I ended up with about 49 of them when I found a nice person that traded shinies for candies.

FTW!!

ring drop- wobbuffet, Dragonite and Drapion- 232 points- 200 (in total score)

stamina course- wobbuffet Dragonite Drapion - 654 points
    ring drop- see above
    relay run- 172 points
    block smash- 200 points (201 blocks)
    bonuses- 82

pokeathlon times joined: 271
    Pokathlon total time: 47:01

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast