Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #28

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Who says V-Create isn't legal yet? V-Create Victini has been available since mid-April
    I had forgotten about that when I first posted ^^'

I fixed it, so now it says that it's illegal outside of Japan

Victini is an interesting new addition that came along in the 5th generation, with two new moves known only by him and the original typing. He is like Arceus, except slightly worse; base 100 stats instead of base 120; can't learn every move; can't change type. However, his ability is pretty helpful in doubles and triples, and he is pretty freaking cute.

Special Victini
    - Searing Shot
    - Psychic / Psyshock
    - Energy Ball
    - Hidden Power [Rock] / Shadow Ball
    Items: Life Orb / Choice Lens
    Ability: Victory Star
    EVs and Natures: Timid (+Spd, -Att) / Modest (+Sp. Att, -Att)
    100 Hp / 252 Sp. Att / 156 Spd

Searing Shot is pretty awesomerific. 100 base power AND 100 accuracy? Hells yeah! Psychic is strong, but Psyshock takes care of Special Walls. Energy Ball for Water, Rock, and Ground. HP [Rock] is for Bugs, but Shadow Ball for Ghosts and other Psychic types. Life Orb for power, Choice Lens for survival. 100 Hp to survive.

Physical Victini
    - V-create
    - Fusion Bolt
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Taunt
    Items: Life Orb / Choice Band
    EVs and Natures: Adamant (+Att, -Sp. Att)
    100 Hp / 252 Att / 152 Spd

V-create is arguably the best move in the game. 180 base power, 95 Accuracy (104.5 with Victory Star) and STAB... Adamant boosts Attack for V-create, 252 Attack EVs... Yeah, you do NOT wanna mess with this guy. Fusion Bolt for coverage against Water (and cause it's there :P) and Zen Headbutt for STAB. Taunt to make sure they can't boost stats or paralyze you or something.

Swag to you... And back to me
    - Swagger
    - Psych Up
    - V-create
    - Thunder Wave / Will-o-Wisp / Recycle
    Item: White Herb
    EVs and Natures: Jolly (+Spd, -Sp. Att)
    4 Hp / 252 Att / 252 Spd

This is so random. Swagger to boost Attack and annoy them slightly. Then, Psych Up to get that Attack and destroy with V-Create. You want to be fast to get the Swagger and Psych Up in. White Herb is so you don't lose precious speed from V-create. The last move is a toss up. Thunder Wave paralyzes and prevents the opponent from being faster than you; WoW to slowly burn them and prevent Swagger from doing anything to them besides confusing; Recycle to get back the White Herb.

Walls
    - Will-o-Wisp / Toxic
    - Taunt
    - Protect
    - Reflect / Light Screen
    Item: Leftovers
    EVs and Natures: Bold (+Def, -Att) or Calm (+Sp. Def, -Att)
    252 Hp / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Def or 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 Sp. Def or 4 Hp / 252 Def / 252 Sp. Def

This is a wall version of Victini. Mix and match as you like. Will-o-Wisp lowers Attack and health, while Toxic lowers a lot more health. Taunt is for users of Safeguard, Refresh, Heal Bell, or Aromatherapy. Protect to stall, and Reflect or Light Screen for even more stalling. EVs and Natures are up to you. Focus on Defense, or Special Defense, or both. Leftovers for even more stalling.

Double and Triple battle options
    Not that many besides Victory Star and Sunny Day. Even then, Victory Star works if Victini is just in your party, and there are others who can use Sunny Day. Being weak to Surf, Earthquake, and Rock Slide doesn't help.

Partners
    Take out Stealth Rock. That's important. Also, take out bulky Waters.

Countering Victini
    Heatran kills Victini, along with bulky Waters. Not too hard, with this typing.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Yay! My favorite Pokemon!
    In the sun, V-create just kills everything without a really good HP/Defense Stats or a x4 resistance. That includes Latios!
    Can't think of any sets since the ones I use are already mentioned.

Trick Room on Victini is interesting. Tyranitar can't switch into Victini if it uses V-create, because then it'll outspeed it in the Trick Room and KO Tyranitar with Brick Break. But at the same time, Tyranitar can switch into Victini while it sets up Trick Room. If that happens, it'll OHKO Victini with Pursuit if it flees. However if it doesn't, Tyranitar could get OHKOed by Brick Break but it's not guaranteed. Personally I'd use V-create to lower my speed (I know, insane right?) and then proceed for a 2hko with Brick Break. Victini would have less than 50% of it's HP but it's definitely better than Fainted...
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 11th July 2011 at 5:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    HG/SS was a great remake, so it'd be difficult to trump it.

Edit: But the fact that this announcement is exciting is hard to contest.

Edit: I guess we'll just have to sea what comes of this.

Edit: Hoenn

a special set for lucky japanese people and hackers:
    14TH MOVIE POWER
    V-create
    fusionflare/fusionbolt
    psychic/psyshock
    focus blast
    item: white herb
    ability: victory star

V-create will lower some pretty important stats, which is where the white herb comes in. fusion flare/bolt, the signature moves of reshiram/zekrom respectivly, is totally up to you. as for psychic and psyshock, I would probly makke it so that, say, if i choose fusion flare, then i go with psyshock, and vise versa. focus blast is mainly for heatran.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE USE THIS SET!!! ITS SO GOOD IN MY OPINION!!!

How about a set for those without V-Create and the Fusion Moves...

Item:
    Stats: Timid/Modest, Special Sweeper array
    Moves: Searing Shot, Psychic/Psyshock, Charge Beam/Grass Knot, Focus Blast

Focus Blast for Dark, dual STAB, and CB/GK for Water. Psyshock for Blissey.

Others:
    -Flame Charge, Charge Beam, and Stored Power can mesh quite well in a gimmick set.
    -STAB Pursuit into a V-Create will be less likely if Victini carries U-Turn (Bug VS Dark). Just be careful that you can still hit first...

Fast and Furious
    Victini @ Life Orb / Leftovers
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SpA)
    - Flare Blitz / Nitro Charge
    - Brick Break
    - Wild Bolt
    - U-turn

That's right! Physical Victini! It's rare, and good for special walls *cough*Blissey*cough* So yeah, I think it works good. Damn you Smogon, stealing my set.
    Anyway, this set takes care of the more annoying pokemon, like, and, as Fire STAB and very good Attack destroys everything.

Movie Abuse
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
    - V-Create
    -Fusionflare/fusionbolt
    -Psychic/psyshock
    -Focus blast

Lucky Japanese people can abuse this set. This is used better in a sun team.

Utility Victini
    Victini @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spd
    Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - U-turn
    - Fire Blast
    - Focus Blast

Will-O-Wisp is deadly on a Victini, But do not use against Heracross or Espeon. U-turn to switch out with damage, and Fire Blast for STAB.
    You have been blessed with the gratitude of reading the Other Gyarados's post. May you have luck in the future.

This is one I thought up before. I never tested it though.
    Victini
    Life Orb/Leftovers
    Brave/252HP/252Att
    -Trick Room
    -V-Create
    -Fusion Bolt
    -U-turn

V-create smashes your enemies heads it. 270 power, and has 135 when not very effective. Fusion bolt only needs to be used on those with x4 resistance to V-create. U-turn it to be used on the last turn of trick room for a safe escape. You might want to watch out for Kingdra and Swampert, who wall this set. U-turn also helps here.
    Anyway, this set takes care of the more annoying pokemon, like, and, as Fire STAB and very good Attack destroys everything.
    This is part of what makes Victini good, our best physical walls are fire weak. For victini, this means free flame charge boost, work ups, charge beam boost, and substitutes.
    Movie Abuse
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - V-Create
    -Fusionflare/fusionbolt
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Brick Break/U-turn/Flare Blitz

Lucky Japanese people can abuse this set. This is used better in a sun team.
    Changes in bold. Zen head butt means you only have to max out on stat. Brick Break is psychic's coverage, U-turn removes stat drops from v-create, and Flare Blitz is so you don't have to cause stat drops with every fire attack.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 11th July 2011 at 6:36 PM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

Aw... I though it'd be Zekrom this week.

Victini @Life Orb
    Adamant
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    ~V-Create
    ~Brick Break
    ~Fusion Bolt
    ~Zen Headbutt

Physical sweeper. Brick Break is one of the best physical Fighting-type moves Victini can learn, and Fusion Bolt is a physical Thunderbolt with more power. Zen Headbutt and V-Create are STAB. Life Orb for extra power.

Overview
    Poor Victini. You drew the short straw didn't you.
    In all the BST 600 legendaries in , Psychic has been a common type. Out of those 4 (Mew, Celebi, Victini, and Jirachi) the last three have been given a second type as well as a niche in the metagame. Celebi picked up a grass typing, which gave it a large amount of weaknesses, but also several key resistances, allowing it to function as a defensive pokemon with a solid support movepool. The event gave it Nasty Plot (my two had Adamant and Jolly natures) so it could abuse it's attacking movepool, as well as Baton Pass. Jirachi got the best second typing, Steel, which gave it many resistances. With Serene Grace and STAB Iron Head, it became the king of hax, with a 60% flinch rate coupled with TWave and a solid movepool.
    Victini got fire as its second type. It got grass, steel, and fire resistances as well as bug neutrality. This also gives it water, ground, and rock weaknesses, all of which are common and have high power moves (Surf, EQ, Stone Edge, Hydro Pump, Earth Power, Waterfall, etc.) as well as a SR weakness. It also came at a time of major power creep, when 100 base stat wasn't enough to absorb hits from offensive behemoths or hit new walls hard. Unlike Jirachi and Celebi, who enjoyed time in OU, Victini seems doomed to UU or worse.
    It does have several good perks, which comse in the form of the niche it has: abuse incredibly high power moves. V-Create is a big one, with a massive 180 base power plus STAB, an ideal move for choice sets. Fusion Bolt lets it hit water types, and Zen Headbutt gives it a secondary STAB while Brick Break adds coverage. It also gets Victory Star which lets the Victory pokemon run inaccurate moves like Fire Blast.

Partners

Ninetales, duh.
    Ferrothorn helps get rid of water pokemon that bother Victini, as well as taking Dark, Ghost, Water, and Rock moves. Victini also resists Fire and Fighting weaknesses.
    Venasaur gets a nice boost from Ninetales sun and kills water and ground pokemon that trouble Victini.
    Since V-Create and Fusion Bolt are Victini's main moves, anything that can kill stuff that resists Fire/Electric is a good partner.

What The, I Don't Even...
    -Final Gambit
    -V-Create/Flare Blitz/Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    -Fusion Bolt/Wild Charge/Energy Ball
    -U-Turn
    Item Attached: Choice Scarf
    EV's and Nature
    EV's: 252 HP/4 Sp.Def/252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)/ Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)

Physical Sweeper
    -V-Create/Flare Blitz
    -Fusion Bolt/Wile Charge
    -Zen Headbutt/Flame Charge
    -U-Turn
    Item Attached: Life Orb/Choice Band
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)

Trick Room Partner
    -V-Create
    -Fusion Bolt
    -Quick Attack/Zen Headbutt
    -Trick Room/U-Turn
    Item Attached: Leftovers
    EV's and Nature:
    EV's: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -Sp.Atk)

FC: 2022 2993 1000

Wink victini

So this week its Victini. Good choise and a good combonation of Fire and phsycic .

Well, Victini is pretty good at Choice Items...

Victini @ Choice Band / Scarf
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - V-Create
    - Fusion Bolt
    - U-Turn
    - Brick Break / Final Gambit

Well Choice Banded V-Create in the Sun 2HKOs Kingdra, who's going to OHKO back with Specs Draco Meteor, though if it doesn't have Specs, Victini has a 70.37% Chance to survive. Wow. Fusion Bolt wrecks all Water Types, and it 2HKOs Kingdra as well. The good thing is that you're going to outspeed it this time, so it dies in a hole. Ehr, Faints. Sorry kids. U-Turn is great for scouting and it also hits Celebi and the like hard. Not like V-Create does worse. Brick Break can hit Tyranitar consistently, while Final Gambit is great when that Shuckle is trying to stall your team out. Everyone knows Brick Break is better.

Also, Final Gambit. It makes Victini die, and subtracts how much HP Victini had from the opponent.

EVs and Nature:

Why Adamant? Well, pretty much everywhere there is nothing that Victini can't outspeed, with a Jolly Nature or not. There are really few. Jolly is slightly more usable in OU, but if it's going to murder that Jellicent and everyone knows Jellicent is slower than Victini, then you're better off sending out Victini on that Jellicent and murder that something switching in, whatever it may be. Or that Jellyfish.
    Ignore, thanks.

Well Choice Banded V-Create in the Sun 2HKOs Kingdra, who's going to OHKO back with Specs Draco Meteor, though if it doesn't have Specs, Victini has a 70.37% Chance to survive. Wow.
    Even after the special defense drop?
    Why Adamant? Well, pretty much everywhere there is nothing that Victini can't outspeed, with a Jolly Nature or not. There are really few. Jolly is slightly more usable in OU, but if it's going to murder that Jellicent and everyone knows Jellicent is slower than Victini, then you're better off sending out Victini on that Jellicent and murder that something switching in, whatever it may be. Or that Jellyfish.
    It should be Adamant/Jolly, since if you use a scarf, you can outspeed those Scarfed Chandalure/Haxorus/Hydreigons.
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

This has nothing to do with the pokemin of the week but why the hell is victini UU?!

V-create
    Fusion Bolt
    Zen Headbutt
    U-turn

Item is white herb

Quote Originally Posted by TVSmasher66 View Post
    Will-O-Wisp is deadly on a Victini, But do not use against Heracross or Espeon. U-turn to switch out with damage, and Fire Blast for STAB.
    Espeon? You do realize Fire Types like Victini are NOT affected by Burns, even from Will-o-Wisp hitting a Synchronize or Magic Bounce Pokemon, right?

Heracross is...understandable, despite Weaknesses to both of Victini's STABs...but any Guts Pokemon switching into WoW is a threat. Espeon just gets a free shot with Shadow Ball next turn (and Burn damage if it has Synchronize Ability) if you think you can just U-Turn out.

That said...Fire Blast and WoW? You must be insane to not consider losing some power for Burns at the same rate as Discharge's Paralysis by using Searing Shot. At least you don't guarantee a Guts boost or a wasted turn against Magic Bounce with it...

Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    This has nothing to do with the pokemin of the week but why the hell is victini UU?!
    Tiers are based on usage so Pokemon that aren't commonly used or voted broken will fall to lower tiers.
    Victini's flaws often out way it's strengths due it's now mediocre defenses due to the infamous power creep with masses of key weaknesses brought by its typings. Also as far as I'm aware Celebi, Mew and Jirachi also happen to be UU this gen so why wouldn't Victini?
    Dragons are my friend, Ice is my foe...
    (Kyurem is an exception) dragonics rule

-Let us hope for gen 6 to turn out well!

Quote Originally Posted by emboarrocks View Post
    For the same reason Rampardos is. Victini has better defenses but far worse typing. Its V-Create is also stopped dead by a Tyranitar (especially with Pursuit) or Politoed, two VERY common Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragrath View Post
    Tiers are based on usage so Pokemon that aren't commonly used or voted broken will fall to lower tiers.
    Victini's flaws often out way it's strengths due it's now mediocre defenses due to the infamous power creep with masses of key weaknesses brought by its typings. Also as far as I'm aware Celebi, Mew and Jirachi also happen to be UU this gen so why wouldn't Victini?
    Uh, no, pokemon who are voted broken are kicked to Ubers.

Jirachi is OU.

Moving on, I'm surprise no one has mentioned this set, as I found great success with it. Too addicted to V-Create, I suppose.

Victory Star Abuse

Victini w/ Victory Star + Choice Scarf/Specs/Life Orb
    Modest/Timid Nature, 252 Sp Atk, 252 Speed, 6 HP

Fire Blast
    Psychic
    Focus Blast/Final Gambit
    Thunder

So. Your main attack here is going to be Fire Blast, a tremendously powerful STAB move which Victory Star grants almost perfect accuracy. Oh, yeah. It has a 30% chance to Burn, the same as Lava Plume. Meaning you have an almost 1 in 3 chance to burn with a strictly offensive move. And with 100/100/100 defenses, any physical attacker who gets burnt will be... well, screwed. Psychic is his alternative STAB, and isn't a bad type to have, considering how good fighting-types are this generation. Focus Blast and Thunder are coverage moves who have their accuracy boosted by Victory Star. As I'm sure you know, Thunder has a 30% chance to Paralyze, like Fire Blast's burn. However, with Thunder's lower accuracy and lack of STAB, you really shouldn't be relying on it. At all. Or even counting on it. Unless you're up against a rain team. Then it's your best friend. Focus Blast is even less reliable than Thunder, but it still has a higher chance of hitting than it does missing. It almost has 80accuracy after factoring in Victory Star (Thunder has about the same accuracy as Fire Blast without Victory Star, if you're curious. Final Gambit is an option on the Choice Scarf set, as even with minimal HP investment, most pokemon will have less than Victini's base 100 HP. Almost all sweepers (Not Honchkrow and Excadrill, though. But you don't want Victini up against those anyways).

Now, who counters Victini? Well, if you know your opponent has Victini, you're going to want to get SR down. No matter his set, it's going to help. Especially if it's a choice set. On the flip side, if you have Victini, you're going to want a spinner. If you have a choice item on Victini, you're going to NEED a spinner. For the Trick Room sets, a steel-type can help you lots. A lower-tier TR-abusing steel? Sounds like a synonym for Escavalier! Victini both takes the fire attacks he has a massive weakness to, and obliterates the steel-types that Escavalier has so much trouble with. In return, Escavalier dominates, well... Everything that doesn't resist bug. Seriously.
    "Open your mouth too wide, and your ears close."

Do you wish you could do things like in the anime?
    Do you wish you could dodge behind a rock to avoid an attack?
    Do you wish that you could use the arena to stop your opponents cold?
    If you answered yes to any of those questions, the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League could be for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Even after the special defense drop?
    UnSpec'd Kingdra yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    It should be Adamant/Jolly, since if you use a scarf, you can outspeed those Scarfed Chandalure/Haxorus/Hydreigons.
    Well, I already stated that Jolly is more usable in OU, Scarf or not. Adamant Scarf outspeeds Chandelure though. Also, most of the time using Victini in OU means sending it out against something that will either switch, or stay in and die.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kindrindra View Post
    Uh, no, pokemon who are voted broken are kicked to Ubers.
    Incorrect. UU Pokemon are banned to BL, OU are banned to Ubers.
    Last edited by SomeoneIGuess; 13th July 2011 at 12:21 PM.
    Ignore, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeoneIGuess View Post
    Incorrect. UU Pokemon are banned to BL, OU are banned to Ubers.
    Well, yeah, but they said voted broken, not voted broken for their tier.
    That and BL is pretty much the UU equivalent of Ubers.
    "Open your mouth too wide, and your ears close."

Do you wish you could do things like in the anime?
    Do you wish you could dodge behind a rock to avoid an attack?
    Do you wish that you could use the arena to stop your opponents cold?
    If you answered yes to any of those questions, the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League could be for you!

Espeon? You do realize Fire Types like Victini are NOT affected by Burns, even from Will-o-Wisp hitting a Synchronize or Magic Bounce Pokemon, right?
    It'll still be wasting a turn to use it on espeon.

Counters-bacically you need to resist v-create and fusion bolt. Pokemon like Swampert,Quaqsire,Grastudon etc. work well. However, Victini is likely to use U-turn in those situations so stelth rock is highly recommended

Heatran would be a good counter, or anything with Flash Fire... or something similar, but yeah ^^ Swampert would work well...
    I hate the legendary POTW's... i am totally uninspired...
    Mmmmm Steel types...

It seems to me, you lived your life like a Litwick in a Whirlwind, never knowing who to Klink to when the Drizzle set in, and i Sudowoodo like to know you, when I was just an Elekid , but the Litwick burned out long before the legend ever did...

Proud Member of "The Triumvirate"

Credit to Gladeshadow

Quite honestly the funniest thing that i have ever heard:
    Originally Posted by Zibdas
    I thought butter was a type until I was 6. I could've sworn there's a butter type...
    DFTBA

Title:If you wanna win, you gotta hit hard.
    Victini @ Life Orb/Choice Band
    Nature: Naughty
    -V-Create
    -Fusion Bolt
    -Zen Headbutt/Psychic/Psyshock
    -U-turn/Searing Shot/Brick Break

This set is mainly Physical but it has some special options. Run life Orb if you use special attacking moves or Porygon-Z will kill you. . Anyways, Choice Band is for a full physical set. V Create is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. 180 base power and 270 power with STAB. and it has NINETY-FIVE PERCENT accuracy. Victory Star makes this 105. Anyways Fusion Bolt also hits hard and provides coverage and will even do a hefty sum of damage to most bulky waters. Zen Headbutt is your other Physical STAB attack and can flinch. Psychic hits harder on the special side and Psyshock uses your special attack instead of your physical. U turn is for switch advantage and you can switch freely. Searing Shot is crazy powerful at 150 power with STAB and can leave a burn 30% of the time. Brick Break provides coverage against Darkrai, Tyranitar and other rock and dark type friends as well as destroyes screens.
    Last edited by epicgarchomp24; 13th July 2011 at 9:18 PM.
    DESTROY TEH ICE TYPES! Garchomp FTW!!!!!!
    My favorite Pokemon!:

FireRed Team:
    Emerald Team:
    Diamond Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    White Team:
    Fighters 'till the end!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast