Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Regarding "Image Macros"

I too agree with Dax and ShinyCharyZard. A limit would be much better.

And said person (could we just say his name?) had about four or five gifs a post. It would have been better if he was infracted for that, instead of taking them away copletely.

the one person (i dont even know who it is because i rarely visit anime spoilers lol) was definitely not the only person abusing them. i've seen multiple people in multiple sections posting stupid, spammy image macros in response to other people, from misc to 5th gen to games. in pretty much every case i've seen with people using them they are uncalled for, not needed in the post, make the post much worse/spammier, and often times were flaming people.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

FLAMING? I expected them to be 4 fum!
    Claims: Mario, The Big Bang Theory, Victini

Quote Originally Posted by arceusvictini View Post
    FLAMING? I expected them to be 4 fum!
    Don't worry they have been for fun, i haven't known anyone to intentionally use them for flaming purposes.

Just take what is said with a pinch of salt, because seriously its pretty clear there's no other reason, just the fact that a person or two have posted a couple at a time and the mods just don't want to look at them.

Fair enough I guess, they run the place.. but I still find it amusing that this is being made into such a big thing when its really unnecessary. I guess people will just have to use the spoiler tags to hold a detailed description of the gifs instead of the actual gif itself
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I guess people will just have to use the spoiler tags to hold a detailed description of the gifs instead of the actual gif itself
    LOL at that!

I would actually love to see someone do that.. They are already naming their spoiler tags stuff like 'really large gif', so why not?

I would do it personally, but i didn't really use gifs anyway, meaning i cannot honestly be bothered to take the time to describe one.

There were a certain group of people using them to communicate exclusively with each other, which was not only gunking up the board but excluding everyone who wasn't in on what the macros meant.

If they were used in moderation would be one thing. But I would frequently see whole conversations being carried out with incredibly annoying gifs. Use the ignore list? Yeah, people were quoting them too, and the spoiler tags weren't being used as often as you'd think.

There's a site to use for posting as many gifs as you want. It's called Tumblr. People don't generally come here to post stupid images for "fun." I support this rule, and the board has become noticeably better since it was implemented.

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

But again, sometimes they're needed, so I support a strike system for this.

But again, sometimes they're needed, so I support a strike system for this.
    They are never needed. You should be able to express yourself without using a stupid Image macro. I don't go much to the Anime forums, but from what I've seen, they're usually used to mock others or just post overrated memes. Instead of using a picture of Picard doing a facepalm, just write *facepalm*, it have the same effect. Those images are never needed, and usually just makes you look imature or downright stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    They are never needed. You should be able to express yourself without using a stupid Image macro. I don't go much to the Anime forums, but from what I've seen, they're usually used to mock others or just post overrated memes. Instead of using a picture of Picard doing a facepalm, just write *facepalm*, it have the same effect. Those images are never needed, and usually just makes you look imature or downright stupid.
    Look at what I mean below:
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke Yggdrasill View Post
        Spoiler:- Big image!:

Quote Originally Posted by .: Uranus :. View Post

Most of this was either well known, or just obviously made up. D:
    What do you think about this?

O_O What the heck did I just read?

There is no real point to arguing against the rules. You'll just end up angering the people in charge. Rules are implemented for a reason, you know.

But I think strikes WILL be useful this time!

Look at what I mean below:
    What do you think about this?
    Still unnecessary. If you should show that you think that something is gross, just say it, a smily like this one: o.o" also shows some kind of negative suprise. They're not needed, and please stop posting them in this thread.
    And why should we have a strike system, they would still be abused. If everyone could only post one per post, it could still be countless posts after each other with those 'macros. I don't think a strike system would work at all.
    Last edited by Endless; 19th July 2011 at 7:42 PM.

the first one you posted is not an image macro, so it's not pertinent to this topic. the second one i have no idea why that would be useful in the slightest. endless is right that they are never "necessary" and often make you look stupid and immature by using them. there will not be a "strike system" for this.

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Really they are unessary, you could just call them another form of spam, by the way rules are rules, if you don't like em leave, you would really be doing us a a favor, less spam, less annoyances,etc. by the way this pertainns to anyone who thinks the use of these is nessasary, I don't want to sound jerky but i think this is what i and others think
    Last edited by Bigdog294; 18th July 2011 at 9:09 PM.
    Houndoom, Lord of Darkness
    Looking for DW Lapras (Hydration) Females wanted so i can breed, natures don't matter Looking to start rain team
    Offering WIN2011 UT Suicune
    PM me to make trade
    I predict one day, Ash will get Cryogonal, no matter what all his fans say, if you are one of the few that agree, add this to your siggy. (Started by Bekidding)
    < by flyingpichu64,cool stuff, you should visit his store

Banner by AudinoHunter

I posted them b/c they went together *facepalm* (<-- There's where a gif, such as this one: http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1290449&t=o would've normally gone, was this not the exact thread where they changed the rules. Of course, it wouldn't have been me who posted it)

This thread reminds me of the small group called T E E H E E H E E who were posting up inapropriate images. I find that some people dont mind, but most do. It was nasty, so any spam should be kept off. End of story. =/

Quote Originally Posted by ladendar View Post
    This thread reminds me of the small group called T E E H E E H E E who were posting up inapropriate images. I find that some people dont mind, but most do. It was nasty, so any spam should be kept off. End of story. =/
    This has nothing whatsoever to do with T e e H e e

What is T E E H E E H E E?

What is T E E H E E H E E?
    You dont know?
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=529554
    gone.

I know a bit more about it, but I don't know much. I wasn't here since April, so that migh be why.

WOW! glad i wasn't here for that, jeez
    Houndoom, Lord of Darkness
    Looking for DW Lapras (Hydration) Females wanted so i can breed, natures don't matter Looking to start rain team
    Offering WIN2011 UT Suicune
    PM me to make trade
    I predict one day, Ash will get Cryogonal, no matter what all his fans say, if you are one of the few that agree, add this to your siggy. (Started by Bekidding)
    < by flyingpichu64,cool stuff, you should visit his store

Banner by AudinoHunter

This is nothing like that waste of space team..

These are simple gifs with no bad influence or terrible meaning whatsoever, usually used to make a post a little more interesting. But some people can't handle seeing an extra picture on the screen (even when hidden by spoiler tags), so they b**** and moan about it until the fun is spoilt for everyone else.

I just don't get it, I really don't...

I R ROBOT, 010010100101101.

I still don't know what they did! Did they spam Serebii with GIFs of naked people?

I still don't know what they did! Did they spam Serebii with GIFs of naked people?
    Oh god, would people shut up about Dattebayo and T e e H e e. If you don't know what it is, you don't know. You're just giving him attention.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast