1 9.09%
  • Wallace

2 18.18%
  • Juan

1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Favorite R/S/E Gym Leader

Default Favorite R/S/E Gym Leader

R/S/E had several endearing Gym Leaders: Which ones did you all like the most? Please explain your choice(s) a little.

I have a slight crush on Flannery and Wallace in particular. I think Flannery's very chic and Wallace is so elegant and fabulous in general as well. I also like Roxanne a bit based on her design and because she's so intelligent.

I like Norman. Not that I thought that he was a particularly difficult leader to beat or he utilized an interesting battling style. I liked that it brought the story full circle in that your character gets the chance to challenge his/her father and ultimately step out of his shadow.
    Grey Wing

My friend code: 0963-0723-5805

Purely in the games I think Flannery had the most personality. If the Pokemon Adventures Manga is included then Norman was pretty epic, even if he seemed like a jerk at first. Wattson was always fun too. The rest were a little bland for me though.

Roxanne, Flannery and Winona! I wanna be their bf!

Thanks to FairyWitch for this awesome animated banner!

Roxanne for me. I have a hard time finding any good reasons for why though, I just like her. To start with, I think her design is wonderful, and it got even better in OR/AS. Out of the three Rock-type Leaders through the generations, I like her the best (albeit I don't dislike Brock or Roark, I just don't like them as much). She uses a Nosepass which is a really unique choice for a signature Pokemon, so that's something. Plus, she uses a lot of fossils in the Emerald rematches as well as in the PWT, which is really cool.

I'm not a pony who really has a whole lot to say
    And all I want to know is that everything's okay
    But some ponies have so many pieces and they're so hard to see
    That all I can do is try to watch until they come back to me

My favourite Hoenn Gym Leader has always been Wallace. He uses my favourite type and one of my favourite Pokemon ever, Milotic. I think his design is fabulous and amazing as well.

Winona's also one of my favourites and I think the twins are cute too.
    ~ * * ~

I'll go with Norman and Winona.Norman because of his "pursuit of power" and Winona because her design is gorgeous and I like all of her Pokemon design-wise,especially Altaria.

Juan, he was a cool character in Emerald and I enjoying battling him in the gym.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Annoyed about the lack of Emerald elements in the game. Annoyed about Ash releasing Goodra in anime.

Currently own: X and Y, Black 2 and White 2, Black and White, Heart Gold and Soul Silver, Platinum, Diamond and Pearl, Super Pokemon Rumble, Ranger 3, Ranger 2, Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Dragon Ball Z: Super Sonic Warriors. Guidebooks for Johto games, Hoenn games, Unova games and Kalos games.

Own quite a number shinies, especially in Y thanks to Consecutive Fishing.

Own all 5 gen event legends in White 2, many came from my brother which I like to thank.

Winona and her Dragon Dancing Altaria.

Also her rematch team in Emerald is quite diverse, even though I never got that far myself.
    Y Wonderlocke (Champions) - Pancake the Gooda, Lopunny, Mapleleaf the Serperior and Espeon.

Ruby Wonderlocke (Champions) - Electrode, Pidgeot, Cacturne, Glaceon, Dustox and Thumper the Steelix.

Quote Originally Posted by KyogreThunder View Post
    Winona because her design is gorgeous and I like all of her Pokemon design-wise,especially Altaria.
    I am definitely a fan of Winona's design and think it's gorgeous too.

Altaria's design is pretty cute as well imo as I love how fluffy it is. In fact, I think Altaria is what made me like Winona in the first place - I thought it was such a cool and strong Pokemon that I just had to like the Gym Leader who introduced me to it as well.
    ~ * * ~