Thread: The Fame Checker!

Default The Fame Checker!

FRLG introduced the Fame Checker, an item that records information about various characters in the game.
    What did you think of this item? Did you complete in on your game(s)?

Personally, I liked the Fame Checker a lot. It was honestly one of my favourite items ever as I had a great time learning more about the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, etc. I got all the entries for it on my LeafGreen and have completed it during most of my FireRed playthroughs as well.
    ~ * * ~

I like this item. It was pretty fun to use and it made all of the important characters feel more real since it showed information about them more than what you got to know by just talking to them, which I think was really well done. I completed all entries for it on both games, not sure how it was in FireRed but I believe I actually got everything by just talking to people and journals everywhere. In LeafGreen, I had to get certain entries that I was missing by looking up where they could be found and then go there to get them, but it wasn't many since I had gotten most of them while playing through the game.

But my head's down on the pavement, wondering where the years went
    All the time I spent, under eyes full of contempt
    My mind's still a crutch as I stand at the edge of what's ahead, I'm frozen instead

I forgot all about this item! Thanks to the link above I'm going to track down all the journal entries whilst I complete my Pokédex in LeafGreen. Thanks for the heads up/reminder!
    Currently playing : Leaf Green - Play time: 472 hours 36 minutes, 324 owned, 325 seen, One shiny

I thought it was kind of pointless, honestly. Having to find random pieces of character trivia simply to complete it wasn't rewarding enough imo. I did it though, but it wasn't fun to me.

During my first FireRed playthrough,I was quite intrigued by this key item.I remember searching for information about the characters all over Kanto and Sevii Islands and eventually completing it.However,I was rather disappointed when I found out you don't get any reward for accomplishing the task(not even a minor one like an extra star on the Trainer Card...really?)
    Last edited by KyogreThunder; 5th April 2015 at 8:22 PM.

I remember searching the internet for information on how to complete it. That's actually how I discovered Serebii.net in the first place - the Serebii Fame Checker page popped up in the search results.
    I think that's another reason why I like the Fame Checker so much.
    ~ * * ~

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    I remember searching the internet for information on how to complete it. That's actually how I discovered Serebii.net in the first place - the Serebii Fame Checker page popped up in the search results.
    I think that's another reason why I like the Fame Checker so much.
    That's how I found Serebii too, though I didn't join the forums for a long time. I had no idea where Mr. Fuji's last info was

I only finished the Fame Checker once to read the information on other play throughs I barely completed it as there really wasn't any point.