Thread: Please help is my Emerald a fake?

Default Please help is my Emerald a fake?

I bought an emerald game from ebay and the cartridge looks legit. I've owned lots of real pokemon games before and I can easily identify a fake cartridge. But when I tried to look up IV of my combusken, it always says that it's out of range. for example speed at lv 26 is supposed to be 41 max, but mine is 43. Does it mean that my game is fake?

Quote Originally Posted by marokjj View Post
    I bought an emerald game from ebay and the cartridge looks legit. I've owned lots of real pokemon games before and I can easily identify a fake cartridge. But when I tried to look up IV of my combusken, it always says that it's out of range. for example speed at lv 26 is supposed to be 41 max, but mine is 43. Does it mean that my game is fake?
    Assuming a neutral nature, that 41 max is only if there's no Effort Points. A Lv 26 Combusken can have 43 Speed with a neutral nature, 31 IV and 24-32 Effort. Other combos work.
    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9203-5247
    Friend Safari: Teddiursa, Audino, Smeargle

Yeah, you have to make sure you enter your Pokemon's Nature, EVs, etc. correctly in order to get accurate results with the IV calculator. There's nothing wrong with your game.

I'll be closing this now, so if you have any more questions, please use the help thread.